Far Cry 3 PC

8.3

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me. There is also a TON of game here, probably 40 hours if you are into doing the side stuff which helps level up your character. Things lose steam a bit when you hit the second island, but nothing as severe as in Far Cry 2, which I loved at first and then got so bored I never finished.

The major issues as have been well discussed are with the narrative. You will hate your character at the start of the game, and there are lots of missed opportunities to get the player emotionally involved in the plot. It really sticks out because some of the voice acting is phenomenal, the main characters are motion captured and brilliantly animated. And some of them are really memorable even if they are underserved in the greater narrative.

BUT, the game mechanics themselves work beautifully. If you are a fan of shooters and/or open world games this is a must play. Come expecting some blemishes, but if you stick around you will see that they only stand out because so much of this game truly shines. I had a BLAST playing it and am sad that its over!
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Great, engaging and beautiful. Characters are actually developing over time and, although the story is compelling, you'll spend a lot of time just cruising around in a speedboat or hunting dangerous wildlife.

Overall, a great sandbox.

The only derp is the necessity of Uplay even if the game is bought through Steam, which is absurd. But not even that can ruin an otherwise great game.
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    Farcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play isFarcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play is unique and does open world stealth well. One complaint is the lousy over accurate AI. They can shoot you from a mile away! The vehicles are fun but im sad they ditched multiplayer vehicles. Speaking of multiplayer, it sucks. You get a mediocre coop campaign and a copy and paste multiplayer system with killstreaks, loadouts, and gun customization. But the campaign is more than enough to make up for these flaws and for that, Farcry 3 gets a 9/10 Expand
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm an older PC gamer (late 40's), with limited experience (Battlefield 2 & 3, sniper games, etc) and really have had no use for a story in a game (the quality of graphics in this game made me interested, and the $30 price I saw made me buy it). I have to say that the story was interesting, I wanted to follow it and fully understand it, and really enjoyed playing through it. The side quests are fun, although some are very simple, and most are short. Hunting for certain skins is a great way to level up your items, along with money for guns. Love the weapon selection and the ability to add/change accessories. The map is very large, beautiful, and the ability to just explore it all when you want to take a break from the story is a plus. The game really is well done. The only cons I came across were the invisible pirates I ran into a few times. Couldn't kill them but they sure could kill me. Heard them talking right next to me as I was getting shot, but couldn't see them.... and... all the cussing and random stupid conversations of pirates complaining about STDs, etc. And while Citra was especially sexy, I didn't need the nudity/sex. All of that was unnecessary and keeps me from letting my kids play it.

The one thing I love about it, that I really pay attention to, is how well the AI works when it comes to not being noticed by the people you are shooting at. Other sniper games I have played have AI that knows exactly where you are all the time and there is no way to sneak around. But this game, after taking a few shots from a distance, and upsetting a group of pirates... They may look in your direction, but as long as they haven't seen you, you can just move around to different areas and even approach them from behind. Very helpful when taking down outposts for max XP. And... a sign of a good quality game, in my experience.

In short...
    Pros:
    AI, story, hunting, numerous side quests, large map, numerous available achievements listed, and of course Citra's amazing body ;)

Cons:
    Constant bad language, side quests are way too short, PC version would crash on me sometimes when I just had the game paused overnight.

A 10 if there wasn't so much use of the C, P and F words.
  6. Apr 2, 2013
    I do kind of like this game, and I did enjoy playing it. However the game feels empty in a way. Everything feels like it is on easy mode. Cash and loot which can be sold for cash can easily be picked up on multiple enemies, meaning your hardly short of it. You can have access to every weapon pretty easily by going up and activating radio towers. This is probably the most time-consumingI do kind of like this game, and I did enjoy playing it. However the game feels empty in a way. Everything feels like it is on easy mode. Cash and loot which can be sold for cash can easily be picked up on multiple enemies, meaning your hardly short of it. You can have access to every weapon pretty easily by going up and activating radio towers. This is probably the most time-consuming part of the game, afterwards its merely easy as everything is unlocked and missions are a breeze.

Graphics and environment detail is great however a little behind modern times but who cares about graphics?. However many locations felt repetitive, there wasn't much difference with outposts and was merely boring once you completed a few of them. Gameplay was solid and particularly fun, everything you would want from a standard shooter. However every gun just felt similar and damage wise enemies were an easy kill and no match for me. Vehicles felt very loose when driving and I often found myself swerving off the road trying to turn a corner. Healing system was just pure easy mode, even without the medicine you could still regain most of your health meaning collecting green plants is more of less useless. Story is a bit shabby and is a bit of a cliche. The only real shame the game has is that it gets boring very quickly, I couldn't find myself playing this long hours at a time. After all the work getting everything is done, which is around 2 hours, you will find the game comes pretty repetitive quickly.
    Overall, it's a solid shooter and I would recommend trying it out regardless of its flaws and its repetitive gameplay.
  7. May 22, 2013
    I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and chances are you will as well. But it has its flaws, do not buy this game if you looking for a challenge in any sense of the word (at least in the single player). Even on hard the game presents you with almost no challenge at all. Especially if you go the broken stealth route were enemy's literally will not respond to getting shot in the foot, with any moreI really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and chances are you will as well. But it has its flaws, do not buy this game if you looking for a challenge in any sense of the word (at least in the single player). Even on hard the game presents you with almost no challenge at all. Especially if you go the broken stealth route were enemy's literally will not respond to getting shot in the foot, with any more that a quick look around and few repetitive insults about how you "are not a true warrior" etc. Its unlikely that you'll die more than a dozen times in the story missions. Most of my deaths were me driving my car of the side of the cliff as the first person perspective and thick jungle means that I often didn't that there was a cliff in front of me. But flaws aside you do get a lot for your money, about 18 radio towers and 30 something enemy outpost to capture along with side quests and about 15 hours worth of story missions. However so much content means that it can pretty quickly turn into a repetitive grind where every radio tower captured was just for that gun I was desperate for and not, for the fun of doing it. There is a Multi player and co op Campaign but by the time I had finished with the single player I'd had my fill of the jungle. Far Cry is and easy game to recommend as there is plenty to like and almost certainly something you'll love, you just have to wade through all the crap to get to it. Expand
  8. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  9. SFJ
    May 9, 2013
    As a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with someAs a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with some cool assassination tricks u can go realy stelthy and of corse if you wanna kick ass with your rifel or your pistol you can do that too. Far Cry 3 has also a deep hunting system and with that a great crafting system. You see you can kill two bears skin them for all there skins and fur open the crafting menu and use the bear parts to make a bigger backpack so you can keep more loot or maby a bigger gun holster so u can cary more weapons (max 4 To go further, Far Cry 3 adds awesome multiplayer that you can dump a bunch of houers in if u like FPS games. With an exelent leveling system unlocks and more plus a co-op campaign that u can play with up to three friends and it is realy realy realy funny! My advice to you is to get off your computer chair and buy Far Cry 3! if ur into fps games or rpg.s you will love this game! My final verdict for Far Cry 3 is FULL!!! as high as i can give 10/10 buy this NOW! Expand
  10. May 13, 2013
    This is a awesome game, with a very long and deep history, marvelous graphics and a magnific open world. In game you have a some choices to make, but nothing that changes the final, after all, even with all the fun you got, still there's something missing, that could be more, with all the marvelous open world, perhaps even been a great game, could be greater.
  11. Apr 19, 2016
    Fantastic game, way better than F .C 2, loved the story line, great replay value, awesome graphics, side missions got slightly repetitive but perhaps easy side quests and good main story line is what made it great
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    Very Briefly, Good game. More than slightly console ruined.. but not enough to stop me playing it non stop.. start to finish.. My grievances No saving (due to autosave feature), not enough keyboard utilization... animals making noises to announce themselves while stalking you... lol .
    I could go on but won't... because... I did enjoy the game a fair amount. Value=$25
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    The Good: A very good to great game engine, nice art, fun visual themes and environment.

The Bad: Confused user interface, The game mechanics, economy, etc. are a bit week, but the killer is the game is tied to an inconsistent, forced, unbelievable, immature, and poor to bad plot that took this game down for me from fun to un-enjoyable.
  14. Jan 10, 2014
    0 for having to login to the damn stupid Uplay system, and then having found the key is associated with some other Uplay account that was auto-created by a Ubisoft Beta game I had access to, so now I can't play the game I bought and paid for.
  15. Mar 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game I have played and I think that many people also liked it
    because the game has a good plot and a beautiful graphics similar to Crysis 3.
    I have rated this game on 9 because I saw some bugs for example: when I was
    bitten by shark, protagonist began to pull the bullet out of the hand. Another
    reason why you must play this game, it is the antagonist Vaas Montenegro
    (leader of the pirates). He is cruel and unpredictable also he is always
    swearing. Despite small disadvantages the game is interesting and very colorful.
  16. Dec 3, 2014
    I had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, butI had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, but definitely not my type of games, and I love open world FPS. Expand
  17. Mar 16, 2014
    is the best shooter I ve ever played. I enjoy every mission. the voices and movement of characters are very good. there s no words to describe how good this game is...
  18. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is amazingly fun and incredible addictive but also there are few weaknesses
    Pros:
    - Large map to explore including some secrets - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc. - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals - The outpost system is really fun - Weapons customization - Amazed graphics Cons: - Terrible endings in my opinion - The
    Pros:
    - Large map to explore including some secrets
    - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc.
    - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals
    - The outpost system is really fun
    - Weapons customization
    - Amazed graphics

Cons:
    - Terrible endings in my opinion
    - The crafting system is somewhat simple
    - Cant shoot while driving which makes me frustrate sometimes

Overall this is still a must-have, especially for who are the fan of this series
  19. Aug 30, 2014
    A very good shooter game...Very good graphics and pretty awesome environmental depictions!! The game has very good use of plenty guns! There some annoying animals which sometimes ruin your misions!!
  20. Sep 16, 2014
    Perfect. It has all what you wants: Graphics, story, gameplay. Ther has no week points you see it where you see it is awesome. You can die from a shot, or you can be atacked by a tiger or a shark. You will never remember all the map for his extending. Its **** huge. Perfect game
  21. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  22. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  23. May 26, 2016
    This is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on anThis is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on an island along with his friends while they were on a vacation after Jason escapes the prison he meets some people who help him to find his friends.The main problem with this game is the final boss fight which is TERRIBLE because it just a lazy QTE brawl otherwise this game is a must play easily one of the best open world games of all time. Expand
  24. Sep 5, 2016
    я считаю эта игра очень хорошая есть много причин того что я поставил 10 из 10 сейчас всё расскажу. я очень захотел поиграть в игру когда увидел трейлер как я считаю 1 часть была интересной и запоминающейся игрой вторая часть это просто громкий провал а во третья часть просто прелесть прекрасный продуманный отрытый мир отличные и весёлые задания а также есть и побочные задания то естья считаю эта игра очень хорошая есть много причин того что я поставил 10 из 10 сейчас всё расскажу. я очень захотел поиграть в игру когда увидел трейлер как я считаю 1 часть была интересной и запоминающейся игрой вторая часть это просто громкий провал а во третья часть просто прелесть прекрасный продуманный отрытый мир отличные и весёлые задания а также есть и побочные задания то есть второстепеные а также другие разные развлечения в общем все советую поиграть и получать не забываемые впечатления . Expand
  25. Jul 22, 2017
    best game of all time best graphics best gameplay best story best villian best hero.perfect game......................................................
  26. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next titleFar Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  27. May 13, 2013
    Far Cry is back! Bigger, better and more challenging than when it first surfaced in 2004. After 30-tish hours of playing now, I can only say "the best shooter ever". Period.
    If you liked the original, you will like this one too. One thing that most ppl need to be aware of, is the very sloooow learning curve cause of the RPG elements which are introduced compared to the original game (I don't want to mention Far Cry 2 cause in my eyes that was a true dissapointment of a game). My friends tried it, but then decided to erase it cause it was too complex for a shooter, which you do seem to notice, especially if you're not much into FPS games.
    But this game has it all, a huge beautiful world to explore, with all the details necessary to convince you're on a real tropic island, packed with bad guys which you get dispose off in different ways, trying different tactics every single time. A true definition of a "sandbox" game, do whatever you want, kill who ever you want and go wherever you want. It's only up to you how you spend time in the game.
    I don't care about some scripted linear levels like in Crysis series, taking from point A to point B just because some developer or game designer decided this is exaclty what you need to accomplish in order to go forward. Here, you have the main storyline which is I must say, the best acted play I have ever seen in a game, but most of the time you're off doing stuff exploring the island, driving whatever has wheels, any kind of combustion engine or flying around couple of hundred meters above the lush jungle. Just amazing.
    This game has my warmest recommendation, and believe me, you will be pulled in the atmosphere of the game but first you need to "survive" the first couple of hours until you connect all the dots on how to actually play the game. Give it a shot!
  28. Jun 16, 2014
    Blood Dragon is much better game than this. Okay, I don't want to judge a FarCry's whole main storyline, but acting, dialogs - they are just awful. And Jason is a crying maiden used to talk to himself. AI is a crap, you can kill pirate without sound suppressor, hide near in a small bush - and his friends will forget about you in 30 seconds. And of course they wouldn't trigger the alarm,Blood Dragon is much better game than this. Okay, I don't want to judge a FarCry's whole main storyline, but acting, dialogs - they are just awful. And Jason is a crying maiden used to talk to himself. AI is a crap, you can kill pirate without sound suppressor, hide near in a small bush - and his friends will forget about you in 30 seconds. And of course they wouldn't trigger the alarm, "there is nothing to worry about". Animals are not better - predators politely warn you with roar, tigers and leopards like to charge prey instead of real hunting. Watching a couple of komodo dragons wiping several patrols of arming men is funny. Quests like "drive this car for 30 seconds from A to B" or "I am a poor woman living in a rubble pile but take this 500 dollars as reward" are just indicate level of creativity put in this game. All that is good in this game - graphics and a relatively big world to explore. Expand
  29. May 18, 2013
    Wonderful graphics. Interesting story with really well done voice acting. The collection quests are crap though and a lot of the side quests feel like filler. Only reason to do them is to unlock signature weapons. Everything is marked on the map so there is no real exploration which really kills the point of open world. But it seems every open world game does this now. The world isWonderful graphics. Interesting story with really well done voice acting. The collection quests are crap though and a lot of the side quests feel like filler. Only reason to do them is to unlock signature weapons. Everything is marked on the map so there is no real exploration which really kills the point of open world. But it seems every open world game does this now. The world is really well done though, the combat is fun and entertaining, and if you spend time collecting relics etc, you get a lot of life from the game. Expand
  30. Feb 25, 2017
    Довольно интересный сюжет испортила отвратительная концовка (выбор даже не важен, они обе никчёмные). К тому же не дают посмотреть второй вариант концовки. Отличная идея, чтобы разочароваться второй раз, я должен пройти игру дважды 12/10Довольно интересный сюжет испортила отвратительная концовка (выбор даже не важен, они обе никчёмные). К тому же не дают посмотреть второй вариант концовки. Отличная идея, чтобы разочароваться второй раз, я должен пройти игру дважды 12/10

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine