8.2

1. Dec 25, 2013
    An amazing immersive experience that blends elements from many other games. The story parts are well crafted, specially the characters and dialogues, and the game play is fluid and very polished. The only downfall of this game is that you will need a powerful machine to really enjoy it and that you will have to install Uplay, even if you are launching from Steam..
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    I wouldn't trust any review here below a 7. Skyrim with guns is an apt description of this game. I like the leveling mechanic, stealth killing a whole base is a good challenge, but it's the chaos of the world that makes the game come alive. I was stalking a base, tagging enemies when a freakin' tiger attacked the base. The enemy panicked and threw molotov's around, forcing me to escape a brush fire and approach the attack from a different angle. I very much enjoyed that moment. Climbing your first tower is awesome because the game looks incredible under ultra settings - my pc is about 2 years old too and the framerate is better than Skyrim on a whole. Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice
    acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  4. Dec 6, 2012
    Let me get this straight, I HATE having to post a score just to balance misguided hate. So many of these zeroes, you get the mob mentality of "I never played Far Cry" or "I've never liked the series." Really? I mean, really? If you never liked the series, why even open your mouth? My suggestion would be just don't play it.
  5. May 25, 2013
    I originally played Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and was turned off by its god-awful performance and graphics, months later I bought it cheap on Steam to give it another a try and I'm glad I did. If you are a graphics snob like me you will not be disappointed, I can barely run this game on Ultra and tears come to my eyes when i see the beautiful colors and sharp textures. I knocked out over 22 hours before beating it within around 3 days! I was hooked! If you like that kind of game where your exploring and ass-kicking is rewarded by gradually upgrading you until you're are practically unstoppable, then grab this. It's a refreshing take on FPS, games like this and 'Rage' just blow my mind. The story was awesome but I would have liked more cut-scenes, they were done perfectly. The characters, their motion capture and facial work, not to mention the voice acting, is downright amazing. Expand
  6. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  7. Oct 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game right from the start to the end. Its as good as the first Far Cry in terms of approaching the missions in your own way. The graphics, music and level design is really good and the story keeps you interested right to the end. Its a great sequel and well worth buying.
  8. Dec 24, 2012
    I think its far different from what i played before,Far Cry 2 which is stupidly fast voice actor,GOnE,awesome...i`m not really much fans of Far Cry but to tell the truth,this game is far better than old series yet,with Incredible Graphics,Good Game-Play Mechanics,Good Storylines and Big map to explored :)
    But some Bugs may starting to get you nerve like wtf i stuck when sliding down
    cliff,a not so good stealth mechanics and enemies respawn quickly,but other than that,i really enjoy this game more than boring Far Cry 2. Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    This game was completely off my radar for 2012. [I actually never finished Far Cry 2... hated the lack of reason to explore and terrible storyline. And oh god how bad was malaria?] Well guess what... THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 MATERIAL! Single player took approximately 30 hrs (55% completion based on stats). The storyline is intense, amazing, and had me in tears at points throughout the whole journey. They've basically either removed or improved everything in Far Cry 2 that I loathed, and kept everything that I loved. The HUD is absolutely terrible and uPlay is annoying, but after switching uPlay to offline mode I stopped having issues. Gameplay is nice. You start out with nothing, as a scared holiday goer... but you turn into an absolute killing machine with a bow, a knife, suppressed MP5 and flamethrower at your side the enemy doesn't know what beast is after them. Basically you can play this game as an out and out Rambo-fest, or be a bit more predator-type assassin/sneak mode. The sound effects are brilliant. Hunting prey, sneaking up on them... listening to their growls or moans... is thrilling. The music that pumps through my headphones while in the midst of explosions going off everywhere as I trigger my C4 explosives is tight and some brilliant choices. (Die Antwood - I Fink U Freeky, M.I.A., Skrillex etc.). Hmm.... if you liked a combination of Just Cause 2, Far Cry 1, and.... a little Batman Arkham City (Vaas / Joker) / Alice in Wonderland references (oh... some of the dialogue in this game is sooo well delivered!) then this game comes highly recommended. Other notable mechanics are the relics that you find scattered across the island Expand
  10. Dec 7, 2012
    Just adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and many others as well) criticism and turned it into an interesting feature in this game. Now when you clear an outpost, it get tagged as a 'safe zone'. Now you can fast travel to it, and resupply your ammo. I also like the fact that you not only have to be on the lookout for bad guys, but while avoiding contact by lurking in the brush, you may end up being attacked by some wild animal. Take the beast out with an arrow or your knife and you remain hidden. Pop a couple of round into the creature, and all of the bad guys now know where you are. There is so much to do besides the main story line. Exploration, hunting and crafting are a big portion of the game, and essential in order to upgrade skills and weapons. Some don't like the activating the towers to reveal more of the map. I like this part as well, though I am now trying to get all 18 towers activated in order to 'get it over with'. Climbing each individual tower is unique enough that you get a level of satisfaction once you flip the switch and see the animation detailing the portion of the map you've just revealed. The health system is similar to Far Cry 2, but now you don't have to deal with malaria all the time. (The other feature of that game I disliked) You can craft heath syringes, but with the appropriate skill, they aren't really required. I've set the graphical settings on ultra with my Phenom II X4 and 6950 with the latest AMD driver with the Far Cry 3 profile. The frame rate is playable enough so that I don't feel the need to lower it. However, I should state that I have vsync disabled. Again, I find Far Cry 3 to be a vast improvement over the previous game. Expand
  11. Jan 1, 2013
    I wasn't a fan of the previous Far Cry games. No idea why, they just didn't gel with me. FC3 however has me hooked from the start. I'm really enjoying the story telling and the realism of the cut scenes. The combat is smooth, graphically is a work of art. Sadly, I can't run it at max settings, but even on a mix of medium and high ... WOW! I enjoy the hunting missions prowling in the undergrowth and there's a real sense of tension. The vehicles are varied and have weight, the sound is excellent, the score itself blends nicely and for me, the greatest achievement is the immersion. I feel like I'm on an island when I play. I want to explore and find the caves and old camp sites. I struggle to see why people are rating this so low??? Even at it's worst, it NEVER deserves less than a 7. It's a very enjoyable game and Ubisoft have done themselves proud. Grab it on Steam now as it's on sale (31/12/2012). UPDATE: I had to change my score from a 9 to a 10. I have been playing FC3 non stop for 3 days and the bug will not die down. I'm constantly thinking about the game and what to do next. I've bought a lot of games this year and FC3 surpasses all of them. There is so much to do and it's all fun. The racing is good, the hunting (animal), the bounty hunting, looking for loot, swimming, etc. I cannot find a single fault with this game. It stands out like a beam of light this year. People have compared this to Skyrim (with guns). While Skyrim has more depth (I played that for 150 hours) FC3 is the more 'fun' game. EASILY the best game this year and one of the best I've played ever to be honest. Expand
  12. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there
    is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression. Expand
  13. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  14. Oct 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of Skyrim in many respects. You given a set of tools, and largely left to your own devices as to how to complete the assorted tasks available. Conquering bases and towers across the map is never boring. Hunting is a slow, but enjoyable task it also allows for a lot of emergent gameplay experiences when other predators turn up and interrupt your hunt.

The story is
    pretty good too, at least for the first half of the game. Collapse
  15. Dec 28, 2012
    Simply amazing. Great storyline, everything made sense, graphics and visuals are stunning. AI can be challenging and the physics are great. Well worth the $50.
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  17. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  18. Jun 3, 2013
    In my opinion simply the best FPP game of the last years, the best sandbox type game ever. 99% of this game is well thought through. The game is never boring, the is lots and lots of freedom. ==================GRAPHICS are just amazing, little different than say Crysis3 but imo definitely on par with it. The grass is thick and beatiful, the bigger plants move when you walk or drive through them, the trees move when you shoot them. The water is great, there are plenty of animals even regular fish under water. The island is absolutely beatiful, even with the HD6950 onboard, because optimisation is great. The effects sunlight reflexes, flares, smoke, explosions everything beatifully made. ===================SOUND and FX is top quality. The guns feel real, the animals roar, growl wuf and whatnot. The birds are singing. The vehicles all have authentic sounds that differ depending on which you drive. Every bit of the island is different there is not a single village or outpost that is the same. Finally, the protagonist has a nice voice, has a LOT to say through the game. Along with the graphics all this make you feel totally submerged in the story and want to explore every meter of the island.=======================GAMEPLAY is especially clever here. The AI is very good, the guns all feel different and shooting is satisfying, even the driving never gets old. There are lots of cars and hanggliders so the player never has to walk for hours (be sure the island is HUGE). The distances to every quest are just right so you never get bored. IF you don`t want you can fast travel any time you want. There are lots of home posts to rearm and heal. The collectible items are fun to explore for, the caves are very nice. The skill and crafting system is the single best thing in this game. You can get the skills or craft items or no your choice. The takedowns are very cleverly made, easy to learn, effective so you often will chose the knife instead of the guns.Finally here you do not have to shoot a guy with half the magazine to kill him, one bullet is often enough. The guns are plenty customizable, very satisfying to use different variants. There is not a single thing about the gameplay I did not like.============================SP CAMPAIGN is quite long, very clever for a FPP game, fun to play. The antagonist named Vaas is what drives you through the story. Other characters also feel alive and authentic. The flashbacks are very nice to see and play. The missions are very much varied and provide fun, emotions, dialogues, humour. Extraordinary quality for an FPP game, almost as ambitious as an RPG. And you do not have to do this it is your choice when and what you do. Overall this game owns Crysis series in every way possible, providing wonderful gameplay, beatiful optimised graphics and a good, well written lots of different things to do and a fun main story. Worth every penny of the 60 dollar price tag. Expand
  19. Jan 1, 2013
    Excellent. The game has a pretty good storyline , Great graphics and immersing gameplay. UBisoft really outdid themselves with this one and Its a must have
  20. May 13, 2013
    Far Cry is back! Bigger, better and more challenging than when it first surfaced in 2004. After 30-tish hours of playing now, I can only say "the best shooter ever". Period.
    If you liked the original, you will like this one too. One thing that most ppl need to be aware of, is the very sloooow learning curve cause of the RPG elements which are introduced compared to the original game (I
    don't want to mention Far Cry 2 cause in my eyes that was a true dissapointment of a game). My friends tried it, but then decided to erase it cause it was too complex for a shooter, which you do seem to notice, especially if you're not much into FPS games.
    But this game has it all, a huge beautiful world to explore, with all the details necessary to convince you're on a real tropic island, packed with bad guys which you get dispose off in different ways, trying different tactics every single time. A true definition of a "sandbox" game, do whatever you want, kill who ever you want and go wherever you want. It's only up to you how you spend time in the game.
    I don't care about some scripted linear levels like in Crysis series, taking from point A to point B just because some developer or game designer decided this is exaclty what you need to accomplish in order to go forward. Here, you have the main storyline which is I must say, the best acted play I have ever seen in a game, but most of the time you're off doing stuff exploring the island, driving whatever has wheels, any kind of combustion engine or flying around couple of hundred meters above the lush jungle. Just amazing.
    This game has my warmest recommendation, and believe me, you will be pulled in the atmosphere of the game but first you need to "survive" the first couple of hours until you connect all the dots on how to actually play the game. Give it a shot!
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    Game of the year, hands down. Only gave it a 9 because of the horrible, horrible abomination that we all call Uplay. I'm glad you can finally play the game in offline mode, but still, it's a dumb program in the way of your gaming experience. There's server issues galore and I have yet to be able to play a single co op game with my friends.
    Anyway, onto the good: everything else. I've
    already read some reviews calling this a 'console port'. Now, this is nothing new. Only this time it's actually false. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a PC game. There's a ton of graphical options, full DX11 support and *drumroll* an FOV slider. When's the last time you saw an FOV slider? Mouse smoothing also isn't a problem since you can simply switch it off.
    The gameplay itself is wonderful. If you like sandbox games, this is for you. You can go anywhere and explore and collect for days on end. I've had this game since the European release date and there's still so much more to see and do. Just walking, driving and flying (yes, flying, you get a wingsuit) around the island is a nice experience. The story is good. If you like an actual story, that is. I know some people just want to skip ahead and shoot things, but thank goodness there's still people who actually care. The characters are well written, interesting, and especially the mocap and voice acting is superb. Also remember those weird Scarecrow scenes from Arkham Asylum? The best part of that game? Well get ready for a whole bunch of stuff just like that. The game doesn't play it straight when it comes to the story missions. It'll always leave you guessing when it comes to your motivations (I think it nicked that idea from Spec Ops The Line, which is a good thing) and when it's not doing that the game simulates you tripping your balls off. There's also the not-so-subtle subtext of Alice in Wonderland, which adds a little mystisism to the story, which is a nice little touch. Tip: don't forget to eat the 'Eat me' pills in the friend-cave!
    Basically, this game is a more interesting Far Cry 2, only without that game's flaws. The world is more interesting and more fun to travel through, and this time you can actually fast travel without having to drive for fifteen minutes to find one of those bus stops. Enemies no longer respawn in camps you've just cleared, instead you conquer them for good. Don't worry, there's still random encounters and certain areas where you can always go looking for a fight if you feel like testing out your newly unlocked machine gun. Speaking of guns: the shooting mechanics are finally a lot better. In Far Cry 2 you just shot at someone, some blood would spurt out, and then they would eventually turn into a ragdoll. The bullets didn't have an impact. If you shot at someone who was running, he wouldn't even notice the bullets in his torso, he'd just drop dead once he hit his 'X shots in this area until I die' quota. Bullets in FC3 have an impact, and the death animations are alright. People also delightfully fly through the air when they're too close to an explosion.
    All in all, I love this game. You will too. If you can put yourself to deal with the annoying Uplay, you'll have dozens of hours of fun.
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    I really liked this game alot. It has great visuals and most importantly a fantastic story. This is one of the few games that has held my attention for quite some time. It has alot of the open fun that Crysis had along with one of the best boss fights i have ever seen.
  23. Dec 4, 2012
    I started the week playing Black Ops 2 and taking a break now and again. Then I bought far Cry 3 and thought it wouldn't be much good but in all honesty I haven't played Black Ops 2 since and my biggest, hugest problem with Far Cry 3 is putting it down!! I've never had a game so immersive e pull me in even though I resisted at the beginning and thought it was not much good but after the initial initiation I have played it all day everyday and can't stop. The last game that had me so immersed but not as much was Far Cry 2 but this is enormous fun.

I had one mission where I was attempting to catch a base with two heavies which are very difficult to bring down. I scouted the area took some photos to keep my enemies in target on my radar and outg of the blue a tiger attacked the base and killed the two heavies. I finished off the other one AFTER he had so kindly eliminated the tiger for me and claimed the base thanks all to the tiger.

Far Cry 3 is addictive, immersive, pure fun and it will tie you to your chair and is game of the year as far as I'm concerned as well as being worth $100 entertainment value. To get such quality in a game is rare and whether you like stealth or all guns blazing you'll love Far Cry 3.

I' ve also had times when I was sneaking up on a camp and a wild animal was sneaking up on me and gorged me to death. Animals stalk you too and you need to hunt them to increase the size of your containers. It's such a real jungle where you can't just run through it without watching your back for a tiger or leapard or dog that will attack you.
  24. Apr 20, 2013
    I must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kinda sympathize with him in the end because he becomes sure of himself and becomes a real warrior of the jungle. We also have various missions here and we also need to hunt for animals, in order to increase our inventory. The island is huge and you'll take a lot of time to explore it. The graphics are good but they lack some extra detail that could have made it amazing, but it's still good, without mentioning the huge amount of secrets and things to discover (relics, lost letters from the war, underwater caves, etc). But still, it has some big flaws that really annoyed me: for starters, the idea of giving you an extremely limited inventory is bad and at the beginning of the game you won't be able to carry more than 1 weapon at the time, with also few ammo, few medicines, few grenades, few rockets, few anything! Luckily it can be increased rather quick by just hunting the animals you need but it's a huge limitation at the beginning that forces you to sell almost anything you get and to make you use weapons that aren't good for silent attacks. It looks more like an excuse to hunt animals, more than a real limitation. Since the island is huge, you'll be able to drive on the island, but the controls are horrible and really feels like it's sliding on the road. And those are jeeps. The game will make us see from "his eyes" so we basically play from his perspective in all times...yet we only see his hands: are we a ghost? That really seems a big lack, considering that the "feel" the game wants to give us is a feel of "real life" and engagement. Infact, the inventory shouldn't even be a menu on another screen and it should be on without stopping the game (sort of like Dead Space). That would have made things much more interesting and engaging. The missions are...very lacking too. You get more missions by conquering outposts (and if you do without being seen, you get tons of exp), and these missions are usually of 2 kinds: 1) kill a pirate with your knife 2) kill a rare animal...which is easily spotted on the map. There are also other sub quests, but they are even easier than the previous ones and usually takes no more than 5 minute. In other words, it could have been better Ah, and there are also challenges to do but they usually just give you money, which is so easy to obtain in the game and you'll be often spending it in order to keep your wallet free. And for last, your skills: you don't have levels but you obtain skill points each time you get enough experience: the skills are many and splitted into 3 branches, which mostly differs on game styles more than actual "speccs". It might be good except that the game forces you to play onward for unlocking your advanced skills! I had 5-6 points to spend, but no new skills to buy, and in the end I had to continue in order to unlock more: this again kills the purpose of being free, since you'll be limited on your skills until you reach a certain point of the story, without mentioning that a lot of these skills are useless and gaining skill points is a breeze (1500 exp just for taking over an outpost without being seen!). However, as a story mode itself, is great, engaging and fun, and that alone it's enough to entertain you. But we also have co-op mode, which you take control of 1 of 4 characters, which aren't exactly related with the story of game, and you'll basically do campaigns with more people. I wasn't able to play it entirely due to my bad luck but it was pretty intense! The enemies are tough and your weapons choice (which can be pre-set or the same as your multiplayer set) count. I can't say exactly much, but it's still more variation to a game that have a lot of content. For last, we have a multiplayer, which is similar to Call of Duty in style...except you actually need to aim. There are various modes and the weapons are varied, although unlocked by levels, and you get attachments from decoding (and if I'm right also from levels). The arenas are pretty detailed and very cured: I hardly saw campers and the reason is that you can't kill in few hits (unless you use a shotgun), forcing you to aim and to try to be a little more precise. We also get "killstreaks", which aren't many but they aren't unbalanced either. This mode is, in a nutshell, a more balanced version of Call of Duty, and it's a good time waster for those moments you just want to shoot. All in all, a very good game, fun to play andreally enjoyable, definitely worth a try out if you want to play a good FPS-RPG game. Nothing really original...but it's extremely fun to play! Expand
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    (Note: I'm in Europe, I've had this game since Nov 29th) I think this is the first game this year to not disappoint me. I was a semi-fan of Far Cry 2 - it was almost a good game, but some unfortunately game-breaking bugs, such as the quickly respawning enemies and broken stealth elements, kept it from reaching its potential and could unfortunately not be modded away. I had high hopes that Far Cry 3 would fix these mistakes while keeping the open gameplay and solid shooter mechanics. It has. Far Cry 3 starts you off as a regular Joe who's never killed anyone before, and forces him to become a killing machine in order to save his friends and two brothers. This story is nice enough, but doesn't explain how Jason - that's you - becomes the world's foremost assassin in a couple of days, so Ubisoft apparently felt the need to add some voodoo magic to explain this. I'm not too sure about this design decisions, which also leads to some, in my opinion, bad story elements, but I suppose it works well enough to keep you interested. The gameplay is absolutely great, letting you freely choose stealth or gung-ho gunning in almost every situation, and particularly the stealth gameplay is some of the best I've seen yet, and it's my favourite genre. Like in Far Cry 2 you are encouraged to scout enemy positions before attacking, and your (admittedly unrealistic and unexplained) zoom-lens camera can tag enemies for you, letting you know their positions in realtime when you move in. If you go the stealth-route you can then choose to dispatch your enemies either with your machete, which will give an XP bonus (yes, the game has RPG elements that also work great), or with any number of silenced weapons, not least of which a bow. If you go with the machete, a skill upgrade will also allow you to drag away the bodies, so your enemies won't find them and raise the alarm. If you clear an enemy outpost silently, you get triple the XP on top of the satisfaction.

Graphics are of course as excellent as you'd expect from a Far Cry game, and the island is huge (but don't worry, you can fast travel) and looks absolutely stunning, with extreme view range even on the lowest settings. Though I have to say I miss the African savannah setting from FC2, which has now been replaced with a more commonly seen South-east Asian jungle island.

Unfortunately there are a few things I don't like so much, that prevent it from getting a perfect 10. One of the things, which may seem minor, is that the game constantly reminds you to go to your next main mission with a box on screen and a thumping sound. That's extremely annoying when on a side mission, as even after many hours of gameplay, I think I've been discovered or something when the sound plays. The story has clearly taken quite a few hints from COD, and incidentally they're the parts I like the least. The side missions are still very repetitive and don't feel natural. The hunting gameplay, which starts out very rewarding, becomes completely pointless fairly quickly, when you've upgraded what you want. Why not make pelts worth some decent money at least? I can get more from searching one enemy corpse than by selling a tiger skin. I'm also not too crazy about most of the skills being locked for the first half or so of the game. I think it should be limited by XP levels alone. There are also a few inconsistencies in the gameplay, such as enemies sometimes hearing you throw a knife and sometimes not, and the takedown button (one hit kill with machete) sometimes not working, making you just slash an enemy instead, which alerts the others. Really annoying when you're going for that undetected bonus. But none of this is enough to ruin my enjoyment of what really is a great game.
  26. Mar 7, 2013
    This is exactly what Far Cry 2 should have been. (Except for the crappy MAP UI and the lack of the sleeping feature)
    Beautiful graphics, amazing sounds and gun sounds, bad NPC voice acting and a gorgeous island to explore, hunt or just to enjoy the scenery.
    The storyline is quite MEH, but i'll take it anyway it since FC never really had a good story to be honest.
    The MP and the CO-OP is
    quite good, a bit glitchy though.

The map editor guarantee hours of fun. :D
  27. Mar 16, 2013
    This game easily receives a 10. The story was engaging, the game play was a joy, and the graphics are amazing. I never touched the Co-op or the multi-player because I never cared to. Far Cry has never been about either. The story lasted a little over 30 hours for me and there are still more places I would like to go explore.
  28. Dec 27, 2012
    Pros: stunning visuals, great story and characters, beautiful open world to explore, very satysfying combat.
    Cons: repetitive side missions, crashed a few times.

In short: one of the best games of 2012.
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    Insanely good game, 2012 GOTY for sure and best single-player game I've played in years. Awesome sandbox with a STRONG narrative when you choose to pursue it great characters, some nice twists and violent on some deep, disturbing levels.
  30. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2012
    So good its just not funny. A Blend of Skyrim with Contemporary setting, FPS with RPG, Open World, whats not to like? GFX push the boundaries and acting that is actually very good Vaas should win an Oscar.
  32. Jan 20, 2013
    Wow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't very user friendly. Otherwise, this game is well worth playing and reminds me of Borderlands 2 with a touch of realism. Expand
  33. Jan 6, 2013
    Fantastic game, I loved and and still am playing through it's content but i am sufficiently through it to say thats it's been one of the best games this year, Only losing out to the walking dead for game of the year!
  34. Jan 1, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in. Gameplay is likewise excellent, and how you approach things is largely up to you. Sneak around, be stealthy, set up traps, or go in guns blazing and burn everything down. I do have a few minor issues, and one major one which prevent me from giving it a 10 though. Hunting is fun for a while, but once you've crafted everything (which is pretty much a necessity, you will want to do it ASAP) there's no reason to continue, and loot interaction, especially looting bodies, is awkward. The major issue I have, however, is with the quick buttons. There are only 4, and 2 should be used for your camera and rock throwing, meaning that out of the dozen or so crafted items you can make only 2 are easily available at a time. It's a PC game, there's NO reason for the limited console control scheme. Despite the questionable controls, I still found Far Cry 3 to be one of the best games I've played this year. Expand
  35. Dec 9, 2012
    Gra warta wydania 130zł Bardzo dobrze rozwinieta i fajna fabuła.Optymalizacja tej gry troche kuleję ale jak na taki wielki obszar jest dobrze. Za mało jest broni.
  36. Dec 5, 2012
    I don't know why some people saying bad things about this game but after playing 50% of the game this is an excellent game.Water graphics could have been better but other than that ,this is a gorgeous game.

Graphics=10
    Story=6 (hated the protagonist)
    Control=9
    Sandbox game play=10
    Sound=8

Please play the game actually then criticize .
  37. Dec 25, 2012
    I am an avid player of FPS games, but not of single player games. I haven't really sat down and enjoyed a FPS game since Half-Life, and I didn't think it would be too much different with Far Cry 3, especially after not being impressed with Far Cry 2 on the 360.

I was wrong, though. I loved this game. The story was actually really good and the graphics are awesome. The AI are fantastic,
    and it's completely possible to beat this game with a bow and arrow. Pick it up, it's worth it for 50 dollars, and completely worth it at anything less than that. Expand
  38. Dec 16, 2012
    After the disappointing Far Cry 2 I wasn't expecting much from this game. The developers got much right and made a game that is challenging and fun. I like that once you take an outpost it isn't repopulated by enemy units in 5 minutes like in FC2. I also like the explosive tip arrows - made me feel like Rambo. Things to improve - I hate cutscenes where control is taken away. I also want a quicksave option - I hate the checkpoint system. Also, there isn't anything left to do once you take over all of the enemy bases - I wish they had made an option where enemy units try to retake their bases and you have the option to defend them against onslaught of enemy - if you can't defend the base the enemy takes it back and you have to retake it. Looks good, physics are good, story and skills are cool and fun. All in all I really enjoyed the game, co-op is fun too. Expand
  39. Dec 10, 2012
    This game should have a subtitle: "Farcry 3: I can't believe this was made by Ubisoft". The game is fantastic, has massive amounts of content, incredible voice acting, top notch visuals and a huge game world to explore and the story is intense and keeps you interested through it's characters. Value for money is guaranteed. Do not pass up this title.
  40. Jul 4, 2013
    This is the best a shooter can get really at least in single player. Everything about this game is so good and not only that, but it really is better than the sum of its parts. The graphics are by far the best in a shooter. Most of the time draw distance and floor detail are pathetic but not in this game. The best grass, water, lighting, draw distance and general realism as well as nice visual effects and a great environment make this a breath-taking experience just on that alone. On top of that, the game manages to combine the beautiful islands of Far Cry 1 and its ground-breaking graphical advancements with heart-pounding, suspenseful, stealthy/Rambo gameplay combination with Far Cry 2's open world nature and massive map, AND it adds some really nice RPG elements which do not retract from the core gameplay. As a Far Cry game, this is probably the one that defines the franchise. I've always hated RPGs with a burning passion, but Far Cry 3 manages to implement RPG features so seamlessly that it adds to the experience without making it feel slow or cumbersome. The game does a fantastic job of making everything simple and intuitive without the need for a massive tutorial or guide, since everything is introduced as and when needed. Right from the beginning, this game is immersive, realistic but also very respectful of the player for instance, you won't be forced to travel manually to a safehouse or redo an entire mission if you died checkpoint management is perfect, and so is saving the game. Difficulties are perfect too staying true to Far Cry tradition of the Hard setting favouring stealth over aggression. As you'd expect from an open-world game, there are side quests scattered throughout, but thankfully these aren't RPG like at all. They usually involve some shooting or driving given a certain weapon/vehicle and time limit, with thresholds for rewards. In terms of the main story, the progression is yet again perfect. You can pretty much do everything from the start and explore at your own leisure, upgrade your skills and inventory, or go straight from one mission to the next. The fact that pretty much everything being available without having to grind through unnecessary tasks or even finish the story makes this one of few games which a shooter fan can enjoy without having to deal with the cumbersome RPG side of things. As for the story itself, it's something which you want to follow in the same way as the original Far Cry. It plays like a stereotypical Hollywood action movie, but a really good one which for the entire length of the movie it has your undivided attention. The controls, game mechanics, progression, graphics, free-roam, sound and overall game design are truly at the peak of what's possible. The multiplayer is not as spectacular, but it's far more simple and enjoyable than say, Crysis 2 or Call of Duty. The most astonishing achievement is how it manages to implement standard features such as perks and customisable weapons, yet no matter whether you're top rank or just starting, the default classes are not limiting. It's purely gun-on-gun gameplay but the ability to revive teammates is also nice. It plays like a third-person shooter, where everything is simple and there aren't any overpowered killstreaks or sentry guns or stun grenades etc. My only criticism of the multiplayer is that it's quite slow and the weapons seem to be very precisely defined in purpose. For example, it's near impossible to use a sniper at close range, and near impossible to use an SMG at long range etc. so you're almost forced to play in a certain way depending on your weapon of choice. It's not a bad thing, but certainly takes some getting used to if you prefer games which accommodate for more creative and diverse playstyles. The ranks, progression, unlocks and all the standard stuff are present but not overcomplicated or bloated like in Black Ops 2. Everything is balanced and satisfying to use. The multiplayer is decent but nothing special, but is enjoyable and addicting Overall however, this game is all about the single-player experience, and multiplayer is a nice side-feature. The campaign is a lot faster than Far Cry 2 so the suspense isn't sustained for as long, but it isn't a pure shooter like Far Cry 1. It's a nice balance between the two, and I would recommend this game to anyone who likes first-person shooters and open world games. Expand
  41. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a GAME OF THE YEAR contender for sure. The first thing I noticed was that the voice acting is top notch. It really brings you into the experience and makes the story more compelling. Of course the graphics and game design are great. But we all expected that from a Far Cry game. Ubisoft has also learned alot from the public and what they asked for. No more DRM!!! On Steam the game starts at $50 instead of $60 for a hard copy on all platforms. The only downside I have heard of is having to launch via uplay.... which frankly isn't that bad. The worst part was trying to remember which email address my uplay account was linked to. So in this jam packed gaming season just before xmas I would say this is still a easy buy and well worth the time and money!!!! Expand
  42. Dec 4, 2012
    Game of the year 2012, maybe 2013 -massive island to explore -very high IQ of AI -funny to hunt animals, -great to watch lions, leopards or even dogs with rabies in actions against pigs, buffalos or local people:) -great weapons, super cool flamethrower , snakes will love it! -very playable on low end machine, old c2d , gtx275, dx9 , res 1600*900 all settings high, getting 30fps stable.
    -deers can commit suicide by jumping into waterfalls - they are so scared of lions
    -sharks omg go fish some! -graphics is fantastic all that perfect atmosphere, stealth, taking down enemies with silenced weapons or just a bow, they will limit their speech to" fock me, wtf was that" lol
    -i can continue with positives for more than hours. Better will be, go and play this game and see it by yourself.
  43. Dec 21, 2012
    The hunting feeling is great, but your character gets strong really fast and then completely overpower anything on the island. Bosses: Vaas was great, the rest were all stereotypical and boring. The main character doesn't behave as I would like him to also. He's scared of blood :p. He doesn't have sex with the girls. He never just hold on to one bad guy after beating him up and ask him to explain why the **** do they all work for this sickos?
    Wonderful environment otherwise. I Loved it.
  44. Sep 27, 2013
    A great game that checks all the right boxes. Finished it as of tonight and although I took my time, it's worth it. Some say the story was cliche and cheesy but it felt like a good fit for the game. It was not the best as it was repetitive, but so are all Far Cry games to a great degree. If you want to play a shooter with a good story tons of action and takes some time to finish, pick it up.
  45. Nov 12, 2013
    Wonderful. A real, detailed open world where hunting humans is (partially) the name of the game. Superbly immersive and repairs the errors made by far cry 2.
  46. Dec 4, 2012
    Came into this game rather reluctantly not expecting much, but boy was I surprised to find out that this is an awesome game. Firstly, the story, while not oscar worthy, is still fantastic and a breath of fresh air in the midst of tired, redundant modern military shooters. A FPS game with a compelling narrative for once? Yep, I'll take it. Gameplay is where this game truly shines. Well implemented RPG elements such as upgrading your character via hunting and skinning animals to create larger carrying wallets, bags, arrow quivers, etc., add to the immersion and give further incentive to continue playing. As far as shooting is concerned, each weapon feels different, and each one feels effective. So often in FPS games the core shooting mechanics are flawed, but fortunately, that isn't the case here. The game doesn't inhibit players, and you can easily skip the main missions and go exploring the island should you choose too. The sense of freedom is what really makes this an awesome experience. Expand
  47. Dec 7, 2012
    For me this is one of the standout games in the 2012 calendar, standing proud next to Dishonoured, Max Payne 3 and Forza Horizon 3. Looking back it seems to be a year of the 3
  48. Mar 29, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing to explore a large cave, and find nothing but a chest with vendor trash inside and maybe a bit of cash. Also, the perks make the game too easy, but you can always choose not to take them.

It's a miracle that games of this scope are still being made today in an age of incredibly short, rehashed games. Absolute must for fans of sandbox games and shooters.
  49. Jan 30, 2013
    Firstly, let me say if there is anything in life you want to achieve today, do it before starting this game!
    It is so easy to lose yourself in this game, 4-5 hours slip by so easily.
    This is without any doubt, the best game I have ever played. It puts the makers of the Call of Duty games to shame, the quality is unbelievable.
    I spent 60 hours on the campaign and saw no glitches,
    mistakes, pixels out of place anywhere.
    The storyline keeps you hungering for more and has plenty of surprises in store. Then when you finish the campaign store there is so much more to discover, side missions, competitions, hidden relics etc.
    Everything I heard people complain about from Far Cry 2, they have both fixed and improved upon.
    Started co-op with a friend last night and found it to be amazing.
    The co-op missions are Hard, you will really need to work at completing them.
    I look forward to Multiplayer as I am sure the quality that is evident in every other aspect of this game will be present.

I give this 95/100 Best game I have every played!!!
  50. Jan 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entire game trying to rescue. The story itself was a bit shorter than I would have liked. There needed to be more story missions where you interact with other characters. The difficulty was definitely too easy. They were definitely trying to appeal to the console crowd by making the game easier, but that's not what Far Cry is. The opportunity to plan attacks on outposts is great, but the lax difficulty means that this really isn't necessary. There were a few glitches and bugs that I came across but nothing that was really severe. However the biggest problem with the game is the multiplayer. Far Cry never was, and never should be, about multiplayer or Co-OP. Resources were wasted on both of these modes that could have been used to improve the singleplayer experience. Overall the game is absolutely fantastic. If they stop trying to appeal to console players and ditch the lame multiplayer and coop modes, then Far Cry 4 can be a complete masterpiece. Expand
  51. Jan 8, 2013
    Game of the Year 2012. Far Cry 3 strikes the perfect balance between sophistication and simplicity with a terrific plot that'll keep you glued to the end. As a shooter, I must say that the "weapons" look and feel amazing and in this area at least the game seems to take some inspiration from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops (a very good thing). Just amazing. The only complaint I have is that I don't care of the cast of characters the protagonist must save - I wouldn't care to know them in the real world. I'm not sure if Ubisoft created these characters as an inside joke or if they really believe they're likeable. A small mar on an otherwise impressive achievement that does more to move the FPS genre forward than any other game this year. Highly recommended. Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing game, has everything going for, great gameplay, great story, great graphics, you can't go wrong here. AI may not be the best but is not bad either. Overall this was a great experience that every real gamer should play.
  53. Dec 14, 2012
    Its a great game, i feel they really made the new far cry quite well, introducing a lot of realistic animations depending on what happens really makes the game seam smooth and an interesting realistic experience. like if you crash your car, you will hit your head on dash and have blury vision or if you jump from to high you will stumble when you hit the ground. i think that far cry servers as a benchmark which new and old games should learn from.... AKA Call of duty.... there are a few bugs i encountered here and there, but show me a game that has none....good game, love the experience, worth the "buy" ;D Expand
  54. Mar 3, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Tons of things to do, amazing graphics and the bad guy is super nuts. Driving, some crafting (nothing too crazy) and lots of cool weapons.
  55. Dec 14, 2012
    From Far Cry 3 i was expecting more. I knew this would be just console port, but it's good port. But it's port, and this mean that we need powerfull hardware for high resolution and details. More powerfull even not so good graphics. Pop up is appearing, stretch the edges of the screen and FPS dropping on my Phenom 955 and Radeon 7950... this is too much. But the game offers a lot of freedom. There are two island, and a lot of enemy outposts, and you chose way to capture it. There is a lot of side missions, some of it is very useable but some of it bring just money. However, gameplay is much improved over it's predecessor, eliminating most frequent enemis respawning in the recently captured enemy bases, Storyline is sometimes good, and sometimes is inspired by the Spanish serial movies. Despite all this, far cry 3 offers a lot of freedom in determining the missions to play and how to play them, a rich and varied gameplay, and decent graphics, and occasionally a good story. With all this game will provide plenty of fun for everyone. Expand
  56. Mar 19, 2013
    Excellent, atmospheric and unique take on the FPS Sandbox GTA hybrid. Loved the attention to detail, roaming the jungle and exploring the islands. A well done, immersive game that is just gorgeous and great fun to play!
  57. Mar 6, 2013
    What happens when you combine the games Uncharted, Call of Duty and Fallout? You get Far Cry III. This game is loads of fun. Good shooter mechanics in an open world game with platforming dungeons and puzzles.
  58. Jan 7, 2013
    For me, this is the GOTY. I have played Far Cry 1 and 2, and i'm really glad to see they combined the best out of those 2, and put it together.
    First of all, the world is amazing! it really gives you this skyrim feeling. i'm not saying it's better than skyrim of course ;)
    you get alot of weapens, bow, rocket launcher, assault rifles, flame thrower etc.
    you can swim, drive, fly. it's
    amazing :)
    really love it, you will nog regret it!
  59. Dec 8, 2012
    What a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and the Scripting in the films/sequences are AMAZING!! wow, the sound, the acting, everything you makes perfect sence when you play it. and the Chararacters in the game are fantastisc, Vass, imean, have you ever met a more nasty villain ever?! THIS is surely a Game Of The Year contender, a fantastisc game no less! all the trollers givin it 0 and 2.. go play pixie games cus thats your level of intelect acording to games! Expand
  60. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is awesome. It really sucks you in. The outposts, the hunt challenges, missions,... plenty to do. Many people complain about the poor story but I liked it.
    So why only 7? Well, because the game had a lot of technical issues on my pc. I'm not going to post all my specs, but let me say I run Battlefield 3 with all the bells and whistles on an average fps of 80. In far cry I had to
    turn of all the options (like anti aliasing,...) Still got fps drops, graphical glitches and so one. From time to time it was really game braking. The game feels like a sloppy console port. No support from Ubisoft nor Nvidia. To bad, this game could have been perfect. Expand
  61. Dec 5, 2012
    Im having a hard time reading all the zeros and two's. Really? How can you dislike the game so bad? Some people say that the graphics are bad, i say **** you cause if you are running a 8800GT with an old ass Celeron no wonder (to you Ochetazinco). You say enemy AI sucks? Explain us exactly WHY. Did you hate the other Far Cry games? Why did you get this one? People should stop playing a game for 2 hours and then hating it, give it more time. Also, my guess is people down right hate Ubisoft, and therefor have to give this game a 0.

Now, i love this game and think its probably one of the best games this year. Sure, multiplayer is not very good but its here right? What can we do about it. The campaign is more than enough in my opinion.
  62. Sep 21, 2013
    I've only played the campaign, which took about 20 hours, and there is still a ton for me to do on the map... so this review is primarily based on the campaign. If you can judge the quality of a game by the lack of work and sleep one achieves while playing it, than this is great, possibly a 10, but I don't hand out 10's easily. I often found myself in 3hour gaming sessions (not normal for me) and up at 3am. It's quite the ride. Some say it's dark, but I found it flat-out hilarious. Whatever that says about me. Highly recommended; while I waited for this to come on sale before purchasing (wasn't sure if I'd like it), I will certainly purchase FC4 immediately when it comes out, it's worth the full price.
    My only con for not being a 10 is some of the gameplay buttons are a little unresponsive, ie. "Hold Q to heal" sometimes I'm holding Q while this is up and nothing happens, sometimes I tap Q and it heals, sometimes it's a bandage, sometimes it's a syringe, sometimes it does nothing still (yes, my keyboard works fine); can't figure it out and I usually NEED it then, it's more like MASH Q TO HEAL AND HOPE at that point.
  63. Feb 21, 2013
    This is so much better than the last game. Beautiful world, nice combat mechanics, fine story. Definitely the best game of 2012. Thanks Ubisoft, Thanks!
  64. Dec 11, 2012
    As the top poster says, this is one of the few games in a long time that dosent disapoint. The develepors have learned from the mistakes of far cry 2 and improved alot. And i actually got quite drawn in to the story. Very good game
  65. Jan 27, 2013
    This game is definitely one of the best games of 2012, there are almost too many positives to list. It looks great, it has smooth controls, the story is awesome, and the gameplay is very fun. Really the only thing I can think of that isn't absolutely great about this game is the main character. This may not really bother some people, but it feels like, which I guess it what they were going got, your playing as a snobby, attention craving, overly-dramatic and spoiled rich kid. Still, the rest of the game makes that very easy to overlook. Expand
  66. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market. Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment. One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  67. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For some reason, this has really drawn a lot of ire. The experience isn't perfect, but it's pretty damned good. People are saying the characters have no depth? Did people completely miss the intro to the game? Did people miss that Vaas was in the game? I haven't seen a performance in a game like that in a long time. Vaas' entire performance right down to the little psychotic manerisms is downright terrifying. My biggest gripe about the story is that he's not around for the whole thing. The other characters are well done, but Vaas steals the show. To think that Michael Mando almost didn't get the part...

I have not tried the multiplayer and have completed about 75% of the single player content. Overall it's a solid experience. The development of Jason's character from a California boy, whimpering and trembling when he sees his brother take a life, then turned to a hardened jungle warrior is really good. Rather than being thrown into hostile territory and becoming a badass merc instantly, you transform into it. The graphics, guns, shooting, driving, sounds are all top notch.

No, it's not perfect. The pretty graphics will take a beast of a machine to maintain playable FPS. I run a 2500k @ 4.5ghz with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. It runs well for me, but there are glitches and hiccups. Sometimes the enemy AI will pull stupid moves, like tossing a molotov at a tiger that's in melee range and burning themselves to death (those guys ARE tanked though, so maybe it makes sense...). Before you get the reduced fall damage perk, trips down steep slopes will hurt you more than they probably should. Getting swarmed by a bunch of guys in melee range usually results in inescapable death. That's frustrating, but at least it's realistic. IRL if you're surrounded 4:1 and get knocked to the ground, you probably aren't walking away. The enemy is suspiciously accurate with their grenade tosses. Some of the side activities are hammy. Some of Jason's dialog is way overdone.

Ultimately those are minor complaints. Overall, the experience is much improved from Far Cry 2. No more endless, unavoidable patrols on the roads. Or checkpoints that seem to respawn within seconds. Again, things aren't perfect. The first aid animations are well done but greatly reduced in variety from Far Cry 2. I almost wish they had kept the same number of animations and possibly added the new ones instead of using the syringe healing again. You can't sleep. This was good in Far Cry 2 so you could approach objectives under cover of night. Not so here.

The unlocks, side missions, and treasure items offer plenty for completionist players, while also showing you some cool out-of-the-way areas on the island that you might otherwise miss. The Trials of the Rakyat have some decent variety of scenarios and you can compete for the high score against other players. The little bits of humor are great. There's nothing like sneaking up on a pirate who says to himself "Oh this **** heat...someone just shoot me!" and taking his wig off with a silenced pistol.

From what I've seen of the multiplayer, it's good, not great. It basically looks like any other multiplayer FPS out there.

Overall, this is a great game with a lot to offer. A single playthrough was worth the price, and it will definitely get played again. I hope if another Far Cry is made, it meets and exceeds the bar set here.
  68. Dec 5, 2012
    I know the game just came out and I've only played for a few hours now, but this game is simply stunning to look at and blew me away from the start! It is a strong contender for my game of the year already and may be the most richly detailed and beautiful game I've ever seen. It has a grisly beginning that sets the tone of the game and makes you feel like you are definitely outnumbered and out of your element. Your character has never seen anyone killed, much less used a gun! The island is completely open to explore and the random encounters with animals etc. are really cool and make it feel like a real world where anything can happen at any time. I was swimming in a creek to gather a plant at the bottom and got attacked by a crocodile out of nowhere and couldn't fight it off, I died. The enemies in the game are not the dumbest AI I've ever seen, but also not special forces. I think they react pretty well to what happens around them but can do some random things. The PC version is far and away the best one to get if you have a nice gaming machine. I am using an Alienware M17x with i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia G-Force GTX 580 graphics card. I turned the graphical settings to ultra and 8x anti-aliasing on. It is also DirectX 11 enabled. I have to say that no game I have, even Crysis 2 and Rage, look this good! Expand
  69. Dec 23, 2012
    One of the best games I've played to date. Incredible and immersive plot, brilliantly fun gameplay and plenty of side-quests and bonus content with plenty of humour on the side. Any game that contains Flight Of The Valkyries and Damien Marley sequences and still goes on to top them deserves special credit for that alone.
  70. Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome game, Love the story, graphics, Atmosphere, Open World which has quests like mmorpg, skill tree system, customizing weapons, general smoothness of gameplay its ecellent, ty very much Ubisoft Montreal. PS: Musics too i listen to it every now and than and it never bores.
  71. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is simply amazing and quite possibly one of the first games in a long time to not disappoint. The graphics are stunning, the audio is amazing, and the story is captivating. It took me about 4 1/2 days to beat it and I am thoroughly satisfied. There were some minor quirks that I didn't like about the game, normally the set and times scenes that seemed a little ridiculous, but once they were over I was not left feeling annoyed, but accomplished, so I assume that's what they were going for. I would recommend this game to anybody, which is more than I can say about all of the other worthless junk out right now. Expand
  72. Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely in love with this game. A huge, beautiful and great, living world with many of things to do besides the very well executed missions. While Ubisoft tried to make their previous installment Far Cry 2 immersive it almost went controversy and a little too realistic. Jamming guns, a lack of hud mode and an overall lack of gameplay features drive you away from the experience. In Far Cry 3, things have changed. With the new introduced RPG elements, abilities to craft and the ability to use stealth against your enemies, it actually became lots of fun to travel instead of frustrating. Far Cry 3 offers us what the openworld genre is supposed to offer, while the previous installment was good, it lacked many things that other openworld games had to offer. Besides the addictive singleplayer campaign, there's also a little uninspired, but yet so fun multiplayer with a huge map editor, allowing the people who love to be creative almost unlimited hours of fun. The 6 hour Coop is pretty interesting also, but i personally see much more potential in the Map editors sandbox mode, allowing you to put AI in your maps. Imagine if Ubisoft skipped this whole coop and made it possible for the player to create their OWN coop, each with it's own map and objective. This way, the AI would Ubisoft introduced us be where it really belongs to. Now Far Cry 3 isn't flawless, but offers so much fun and an almost unlimited amount of replay value, making it my personal Game Of The Year 2012. Expand
  73. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is by far one of the best games I have ever played. Never before have I've gotten so much adrenaline playing a game, the story is an amazing thriller and interesting (it does get a bit weird though).
    Do by all means buy this game!
  74. Mar 2, 2013
    I went into this game expecting some mindless entertainment, and was completely caught off guard. The Rook islands are gorgeous and full of places to explore, contain a wealth of semi-enjoyable side missions to complete, and serve as a contrast for the ugly brutality that goes on within them. The characters, save for Jason Brody, aren't terribly interesting and are very one-note, and dialogue is at times cringe-worthy. Combat is exceptionally fun, and is very easy for the player to tailor to fit their style of play. But, in my opinion, Jason Brody's story is where Ubisoft Montreal knocked it out of the park. Throughout the game you'll be shown quotes from Alice's Adventure in Wonderland, which is a fitting parallel for the story of Far Cry 3. Jason Brody is transformed by the islands, and savage characters he's forced to deal with. The ending did a very good job of showing this off, and left me wondering how I was ever put in such a mad situation. Easily one my favorite games of last year, only hindered by some minor quibbles. If you're on the fence about this game, I'd say give it a shot it might impress you like it did me. Expand
  75. Dec 20, 2012
    Great game give me almost everythingI want in a sandbox adventure. The history are very well written, the scenariosare beautiful and dinamics, chase animals are great, the gunfight its solid, only the stealth are not perfect, but ok. The games could be better, of course, but for me, in 2012, is the best FPS over the year
  76. Dec 4, 2012
    It has been a very long time since I had so much fun with a game without having to play multiplayer (usually all the real content of most games nowadays lies in multiplayer).
    First off it's a splendid and gorgeous game, especially on PC. The amount of detail and polish is very impressive on such a large scale FPS. The best thing about it is that it is consistent - the game looks just as
    good everywhere, which is a very nice and unexpected thing in a game of this magnitutde. For example in other games of this caliber you will see low quality textures here and there, some glitches and inconsistencies (especially in the Assassin's Creed series) - but not here.
    Another good thing about this game is the amount of freedom you are given to approach said objective. Sure there are a couple of story missions that are kind of linear or restrictive, but other than that it's all up to you. Do you like to make a noisy entrance into the enemy base, without knowing where the enemies are, spray-and-praying Call of Duty style? Go ahead. Do you like to stalk your prey and make a plan and try to keep to it as you silently pick them off with your silenced sniper or trusty bow? You can do that. Or maybe baiting your enemies while you sneak into their base, plant a mine near every alarm and next time they see you BOOM! Or maybe let that leopard trapped in that cage do the job for you. Done! You have so many options it can be overwhelming at times. Most AAA RPGs that are released now and boast with their freedom of choice don't even come close to this game.
    Speaking of RPGs, this game also tries to borrow some elements: you have crafting (but more on this later) and 3 different skill-trees that as you unlock skills in them, tattoos appear on your forearm *or Tataus like they are called here*. But ultimately it isn't that well done as in traditional RPGs.
    Crafting in this game is essential and really makes you want to go hunt or gather ingredients for syringes that beside healing you can grant you some neat abilities (the ability to sense the animals around you or repel predators, etc)
    As for the animals, this is where the game does a VERY good job. There are two types of animals: carnivores and herbivores. Predators and prey. Wherever you go chances are you will see leopards chasing deer, tigers hunting buffalos, sharks eating tortoises, bears assaulting villagers etc. It feels very organic, natural and chaotic as well. These animals can make your life very hard - like surveying an enemy outpost only to find yourself attacked by a tiger, thus drawing enemy attention and realizing there are 4 times more enemy troops now. Or making a run for it and having to cross a river only to be assaulted by a crocodile and dragged underwater as soon you dive into the river. Splendid!
    Now for the story - it is quite interesting as you progress and see Jason slowly changing as a person, lowering himself to Vaas's level. Speaking of Vaas, he is a very good character and a lot of people have compared him to Heath Ledger's joker. You can clearly see the amount of effort Michael Mando (his voice actor) put into him.
    I loved the creepy quotes from Alice in Wonderland appearing between chapters, which to some can seem out of place - but trust me, they fit perfectly.
    Besides the main missions there are plenty of activities ranging from hunting special animals with a specific weapon to races and mini games - Machinima have compared Far Cry 3 to Skyrim and rightfully so.
    There is also a Coop mode and Multiplayer but the real star here is the Singleplayer mode which is both hard and rewarding.
    The one thing that got on my nerves was that your character is supposed to be a town-raised douchebag with no real experience handling weapons - but still he can use a sniper rifle with great accuracy as soon as he touches it. One thing they could have done to fix this would have been to bring back the gun damage from Far Cry 2 - at first guns would jam while you fire them, and as you kill more people you "learn" how to stop this from happening and progressively disappear.
    But they had to cater to the casual players who complained about this mechanic making Far Cry 2 too hard.
    In conclusion my recommendation would be to buy this game, ESPECIALLY if you like first person shooters. It has a solid multiplayer mode and high replay value singleplayer.
  77. Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is one of the games you should not afford to miss. From beautiful tropical islands to thick jungles, Dunia Engine 2 may not be best looking but still worth to satisfy the cause.The plot of game has simple yet entertaining elements . Micheal as Vaas has done a phenomenal job,but you will still found a hell lot of insanity in the game . Gun system(without malfunction) now feel so much fun and driving different range of vehicles always feel awesome. Though i didn't like Hunting-Skinning,Tower as well as its buying system , but there is soo much in campaign that you find it a perfect sequel of Far Cry 3 series Expand
  78. Dec 16, 2012
    Graphics - There hasn't been a world this beautifully crafted in quite some time. Story - interesting if genre trope heavy outing. Tries to tackle some weighty topics but never quite hits the right notes (no empathy for most of the characters). Game-play - great FPS' mechanics, nice variety of weapons and initially a wonderful range of things to do. As with all games though, they do wear thin after many hours of play. Overall - I haven't been sucked into a game world this much since Skyrim, so that should be praise enough. Buy It. Expand
  79. Dec 16, 2012
    It is best game on this year! Multiplayer is not bad, but co-op is amazing!!!!!! I recommended this game for all... bl-bla-bla/ just say one: must have!!!
  80. Feb 2, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is now among one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Far Cry 3's story brought me to the boundaries of my very emotions. The story is so immersive, It managed to get my heart racing during extremely suspenseful moments, as if I was truly experiencing it for myself. Every character has a very distinctive, believable, and well-developed personality. You truly build an emotional connection with these characters, which sets the stage for an extremely influential story. Not only that, but the design choices made in the game greatly amplify the immersion, and encourage you think about the deeper themes that it's dark and unpredictable story may possess. But what about the gameplay? Good news, it's absolutely incredible. You are a warrior, a hunter, a stuntman, a skilled craftsman, you are everything you could ever hope to be and more. This game allows you to do so much, it's almost unbelievable. This is all complimented by the elaborate, beautiful, and extensive open world environment. The island is your playground, and even after completing the story there is still much left to accomplish on the island. Now, this is primarily a single-player review, as I value a good single-player experience over a multiplayer experience any day. However, I was delightfully surprised by the multiplayer in this game. I expected the multiplayer to be a more of a gimmick, since the single-player is already enough to warrant an amazing rating. However, Ubisoft actually delivered a decent, entertaining, and well-developed multiplayer experience. I give the story a 10/10, the gameplay a 10/10, and the multiplayer an 8/10. I am rounding this score up to a solid 10/10, because like I said, this is primarily a single-player review, and the single-player is worthy of this rating. Expand
  81. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  82. Dec 8, 2012
    Far Cry 2 was a good - interesting - game. But Far Cry 3 is an explosion of awesomeness, everything that we loved in the last one has been improved and mixed with some great features that make Far Cry 3 one of the best games in 2012. This game gathers the stealthiness of Dishonored, side along with RPG crafting system and COD's fast paced action without feeling shallow or unoriginal, everything here flows perfectly. The graphics are amazing - unfortunately I've suffered some framerate issues, but they're kinda rare and don't jeopardize the experience - one of the best in the year. The crafting system is pretty useful and addicting, sooner you will find yourself hunting deers and pigs because you don't have more room in your rucksack or because your wallet is stuffed, not only it doesn't feel difficult to find the crafting materials but also gives you an interesting chore to upgrade your equipments. I've to say that the story is more emotional - way more - and compelling than the previous two games, making you wonder how far can you go to protect the ones that you love. I won't say that disappointed me, but the multiplayer is pretty common, like COD's TD or something else, it's more different than the single player, you can't find maps that ask for a more tactical approach or stealth skills, it's just COD's fast paced action : People running like chickens around a certain map, some camping inside houses or between the woods, really dull. Far Cry 3 it's a gem, you can find some flaws and things that can't disappoint you, but in the overall it's a great game that you cannot miss it. Expand
  83. JEK
    Mar 20, 2013
    one of the best fps I've played. The game was smooth and an open world with lots of animals. Sub missions are repeatable and also the enemies has the same face. But overall this is a good game. Nice graphics and Nice View of the environment. Hopefully they release far cry 4 as soon as possible,
  84. Dec 6, 2012
    Feels a lot like Far Cry 2 (which was amazing). Neither FC2 nor this one are perfect, but Far Cry gets better at each installment and this one is a lot of fun. Lure a tiger to clear out half an enemy camp, then dispatch the rest with some sniping mixed with stealthy knife take-down combos. Enough said, it's just fun.
  85. Mar 7, 2013
    If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA. The combat is really where this game shines, it is more varied and exciting than any single player FPS in recent memory. Maybe even since (blasphemy) Half-Life 2! Take em all out silently with the chained takedown, or roast them with the flamethrower, or set up a mine and throw a rock so they walk over it. Snipe from afar, impale them with arrows, use a predator (tiger) to help you out! The story is as cheesy as it gets I'll admit, but not the worst as games go. The main bad guy is at least interesting. It's an open world shooter, reminding me more of fallout, but unlike fallout the gunplay is very smooth without the assistance of something like VATS. The story and side quests suck compared to fallout, but the action and exploring the island/taking outposts is so fun I don't think you'll be doing anything, but playing this game a couple of hours into it. Unless your a PC snobbington, which appear to be more and more prevalent these days. Expand
  86. Dec 31, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the best single player game of the year. While the story of Jason Brody is a bit convoluted and unbelievable, this can be ignored as the story is merely a catalyst to discover the incredible environment of Rook islands, to interact with the fantastically presented characters and to enjoy the ludicrously good gunplay.
    People have said this is Skyrim with guns
    but instead of putting you in a massive open world and simply leaving you to your own devices, Far Cry 3 gives a great amount of encouragement for you to explore, hunt and gather the materials you will need to get better weapons and equipment. It also does this without boycotting you or making feel as if you have no choice in what you do which links to the main ethos of Far Cry; You play Far Cry how you want to play Far Cry. You can go in stealthily and take over outposts undetected or you can go all guns blazing and have to deal with reinforcements, you can just go straight to the story missions and do optional objectives later or you could gradually go through all the outposts and watchtowers on your way to the next story mission.
    All the characters are stellar. With the exception of Jason Brody and his friends, which may come as a surprise to you Jason being the main character with his friends being his objectives but they are all rich, dumb, stoned kids who are not that likable but in their defense they aren't nauseating either, however it is definitely interesting to see how Jason changes from the brash, dumb, self-loving kid he was into a warrior spurred on by his love for killing and thirst for revenge. All of the protagonists set backs however are redeemed in the performances of the three main antagonists: Buck, Vaas and Hoyt, all having distinct , insane personalities that produces some of the most unforgettable performances in video game history. Vaas in particular is one of the best villains ever let alone just video games thanks to the awe inspiring acting of Michael Mando.
    I haven't really delved into multiplayer that much but it is decent addition to the game if feeling slightly forced and there is co-op mode in the style of left-4-dead that is a lot of fun but there are some issues with the competitive racing elements online which brought me out of the experience.
    In short conclusion Far Cry 3 has one of the best single player open world experiences in existance supported by a decent multiplayer suite and fun if slightly flawed co-op campaign that is as fun but not as open as the single player campaign. I haven't had the chance to experiment with the powerful map editor yet because of some frame rate drawbacks but from what has been said on the internet it is one of the best creation tools out there so if you can check that out.
    Despite how it may have changed to some die hard far cry fans, Far Cry 3 is an incredible and unique experience that cannot be missed.
  87. Dec 8, 2012
    Man, I don't know what these negative reviewers expect from games. This game is awesome. The action is awesome, the story is pretty good, the sandbox is great, and I didn't see anything wrong with the animal skin crafting system. Also, I didn't have any problems with the stealth system, at all. It functioned as it should. People complaining about activating towers are just whiny children. It takes about 1 min. to climb and activate them, and receiving guns for it isn't so ridiculous, you have to get them some way, and if you don't like climbing the towers, don't. You can get guns by taking them from enemies as well. And as far as side quests being repetitive, what do you expect, they're side quests. This can be said for most sandbox games out there. You can't expect every side quest, especially in a game with so many of them, to feel like a totally new and original story quest. This is an unrealistic idea. The scripted scenes are fun to play, also. I'm so tired of these people that act like they're such video game connoisseurs, that any one who enjoyed this game is, obviously, a casual gamer. Like they know something about games that we don't. I have a badass gaming rig, and every console as well, hence, I'm a gamer, a serious one. I enjoy all good games on all platforms,pc mostly, but I'm not beyond throwing in that nes classic, and playing for hours. Being so intent to play only one platform doesn't make you a gaming elitist, it makes you a close minded retard. No one I know has played MORE games than me, and I don't see what this hate of consoles is all about. Granted, I do buy every game for PC when I can, but I still buy console exclusives, and enjoy playing them. Get off your high horse, and quit acting like you're so much more of a gamer, it's f$%^ing stupid. People like you are the reason I can't trust these pretentious, official reviewers anymore. Everyone is getting too picky and it makes me sick. The only advice I can give these idiots, is quit expecting every game to be a groundbreaking masterpiece. There is nothing wrong with this game, and it functions exactly how I expected it to. If you like shooters that are open world, and have many side objectives and things to do, you should like this game, unless you're trying to prove how elite and ahead of the gaming curve you are. I could sit here and try to pick apart the game, and point out how certain things could've been handled differently, to be made more difficult for you "elite gamers" out there, but instead, I'm gonna just play the damn game and enjoy it. I wanna see what happens to my friends. Expand
  88. Dec 4, 2012
    An amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay . It turns out to provide the ultimate first person experience . Amazing story so far and yeah .. i am impressed... Great Pc port and runs fine on my average system. All in all not a disappointing at all...
  89. Mar 1, 2013
    I'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially the boss fights are a bit disappointing. Overall,it's a great game with a bad story. If you love just exploring, sniping, and doing some crazy fun stuff with a bow or other fun weapons go right ahead., and don't pay too much attention to the story, instead tell your own. Expand
  90. Mar 18, 2013
    10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting works, i personally think it is fine. Sharks are easy to kill if you just use a boats machine gun, tigers are some what of a pain but not immposible. Lastly, this game offers a good bit of challenge. The quests where you must kill a pirate leader only via a knife are awesome, especially when some friendly npc's decide to attack the camp just opening up a great opportunity. Words can not describe this game, thus all I can say is: Buy it now, you will not regret it. Expand
  91. Jan 27, 2013
    Great game, the stealth, the combat, the environment, everything.
    I haven't been that addicted to a game for AGEES. I'm tired of those boring ultra-repetitive games like Portal 2(who IMO deserves a 5 instead of 9.8)
  92. Jan 22, 2013
    I really liked the open world of Far Cry 3. Almost felt a bit like a MMORPG, if you didn't want to continue with the story, then you just played some challenges or took over some camps. Really nice.
  93. Dec 5, 2012
    Hate to see this game get a bad rating from people with bad computers this is one of my favourite games, graphics are awesome and I love how you have to hunt to upgrade your equipment
  94. Apr 26, 2013
    (Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The biggest downside is that the game is too easy, especially if your the stealthy, careful type. Fortunately there are mods, the most well-known of which is Ziggys mod, which make the mechanics, especially the HUD, more challenging, and I highly recommend it for a second playthrough. If you liked Far Cry 2, you will probably like this game. Expand
  95. Dec 4, 2012
    An amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay..
    The combat system allows you to play the game your own way, whether it be like rambo or hitman, or a combination of both himbon! and many other play styles..
    The story could be strong, but its easily over looked when there is so much to do and explore..
    This has quickly become one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, I would
    rank it up there with the GTA Series, Elderscrolls, dark souls and halflife..

The co-op adds many more ours of fun and a social immersion into the tropical island paradise/hell..

Get this game you won't regret it, definitely worth the $70!
  96. Jan 30, 2013
    In one word: awesomeness. It looks gorgeous, its fun, its kabooom blow up everything mixed with the most enjoyable stealth assassination mechanic I have ever met in a game,especially in an FPS. Its "Just Cause" mixed with "Assassin's Creed". Ok maybe that went far, but I must tell you I haven't enjoyed a game so much in the last two years then this one (except for Dark Souls, but thats another matter). Addictive, funny, and we love Vaas, dont we?:D I very much hope the franchise will follow this line, as after Far Cry 1 (which is one of my most favourite game) Far Cry 2 was a boring let down. But you must have this game! Expand
  97. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Positives:
    - Open worldish with a strong story line (trying not to inject reality here but I will say that the older brother Grant should be the Main Character and Jason should have died) that is, of course, told in a linear fashion
    - Decent gun play and a large variety of weapons, tactics, etc.
    - Good stealth mechanics
    - Decent graphics
    - Great voice acting (Vaas will go down as one of the all-time great villains in video games)
    - Doable platforming that is not horribly frustrating but is still a challenge
    - Well written
    - Great soundtrack and very immersive use of sound throughout the game

Negatives - - The AI will sometimes just go plain stupid on you
    - A few glitches in terrain and other areas that cause you to restart a checkpoint
    - Occasional rendering bugs, for example, there are times when you look like you have a headshot but are really hitting the rock in front of you

All in all this an almost great game and well worth the price.
  98. Mar 21, 2013
    I picked this game up from the store played it and as soon as i was in, i couldn't stop! The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic, the stealth system is the best, and the music is very well done too as i find myself listening to its soundtracks alot. And even after playing and finishing the game twice i still play it. No matter what you cannot miss out on this game!!
  99. Dec 14, 2012
    First off, i was really disappointed in far cry 2. Just did not have that superb structured feeling to it, same with character development. Far Cry 3 set the record straight for me. Especially the scene where Jason tells Daisy about his brother. The music in the background and the SUPERB voice acting, just totally set the mood perfectly, i actually felt the emotion of it. Aside from the rock solid story and dialogue, the game play is great, plays a lot like Dead Island but with a bit of a Skyrim feeling to it. A few minor graphic glitches but the game looks and plays great. Ive not rated a game this high since Mass Effect 2, and im not even a huge Far Cry fan. But this game is solid, and has my vote for game of the year! Expand
  100. Dec 6, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is in my opinion the BEST game released in the last 5 years! I am a true Far Cry fan, and is very satisfied with this new game. Everything from the previous games has been refined in this game.

I strongly recommend getting this game, its the best RPG shooter i have EVER played.
  101. Oct 17, 2013

The story is
    pretty good too, at least for the first half of the game. Collapse

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013