8.1

1. Dec 25, 2013
    An amazing immersive experience that blends elements from many other games. The story parts are well crafted, specially the characters and dialogues, and the game play is fluid and very polished. The only downfall of this game is that you will need a powerful machine to really enjoy it and that you will have to install Uplay, even if you are launching from Steam..
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    I wouldn't trust any review here below a 7. Skyrim with guns is an apt description of this game. I like the leveling mechanic, stealth killing a whole base is a good challenge, but it's the chaos of the world that makes the game come alive. I was stalking a base, tagging enemies when a freakin' tiger attacked the base. The enemy panicked and threw molotov's around, forcing me to escape a brush fire and approach the attack from a different angle. I very much enjoyed that moment. Climbing your first tower is awesome because the game looks incredible under ultra settings - my pc is about 2 years old too and the framerate is better than Skyrim on a whole. Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice
    acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  4. Dec 6, 2012
    Let me get this straight, I HATE having to post a score just to balance misguided hate. So many of these zeroes, you get the mob mentality of "I never played Far Cry" or "I've never liked the series." Really? I mean, really? If you never liked the series, why even open your mouth? My suggestion would be just don't play it.
  5. May 25, 2013
    I originally played Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and was turned off by its god-awful performance and graphics, months later I bought it cheap on Steam to give it another a try and I'm glad I did. If you are a graphics snob like me you will not be disappointed, I can barely run this game on Ultra and tears come to my eyes when i see the beautiful colors and sharp textures. I knocked out over 22 hours before beating it within around 3 days! I was hooked! If you like that kind of game where your exploring and ass-kicking is rewarded by gradually upgrading you until you're are practically unstoppable, then grab this. It's a refreshing take on FPS, games like this and 'Rage' just blow my mind. The story was awesome but I would have liked more cut-scenes, they were done perfectly. The characters, their motion capture and facial work, not to mention the voice acting, is downright amazing. Expand
  6. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  7. Oct 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game right from the start to the end. Its as good as the first Far Cry in terms of approaching the missions in your own way. The graphics, music and level design is really good and the story keeps you interested right to the end. Its a great sequel and well worth buying.
  8. Dec 24, 2012
    I think its far different from what i played before,Far Cry 2 which is stupidly fast voice actor,GOnE,awesome...i`m not really much fans of Far Cry but to tell the truth,this game is far better than old series yet,with Incredible Graphics,Good Game-Play Mechanics,Good Storylines and Big map to explored :)
    But some Bugs may starting to get you nerve like wtf i stuck when sliding down
    cliff,a not so good stealth mechanics and enemies respawn quickly,but other than that,i really enjoy this game more than boring Far Cry 2. Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    This game was completely off my radar for 2012. [I actually never finished Far Cry 2... hated the lack of reason to explore and terrible storyline. And oh god how bad was malaria?] Well guess what... THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 MATERIAL! Single player took approximately 30 hrs (55% completion based on stats). The storyline is intense, amazing, and had me in tears at points throughout the whole journey. They've basically either removed or improved everything in Far Cry 2 that I loathed, and kept everything that I loved. The HUD is absolutely terrible and uPlay is annoying, but after switching uPlay to offline mode I stopped having issues. Gameplay is nice. You start out with nothing, as a scared holiday goer... but you turn into an absolute killing machine with a bow, a knife, suppressed MP5 and flamethrower at your side the enemy doesn't know what beast is after them. Basically you can play this game as an out and out Rambo-fest, or be a bit more predator-type assassin/sneak mode. The sound effects are brilliant. Hunting prey, sneaking up on them... listening to their growls or moans... is thrilling. The music that pumps through my headphones while in the midst of explosions going off everywhere as I trigger my C4 explosives is tight and some brilliant choices. (Die Antwood - I Fink U Freeky, M.I.A., Skrillex etc.). Hmm.... if you liked a combination of Just Cause 2, Far Cry 1, and.... a little Batman Arkham City (Vaas / Joker) / Alice in Wonderland references (oh... some of the dialogue in this game is sooo well delivered!) then this game comes highly recommended. Other notable mechanics are the relics that you find scattered across the island Expand
  10. Dec 7, 2012
    Just adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and many others as well) criticism and turned it into an interesting feature in this game. Now when you clear an outpost, it get tagged as a 'safe zone'. Now you can fast travel to it, and resupply your ammo. I also like the fact that you not only have to be on the lookout for bad guys, but while avoiding contact by lurking in the brush, you may end up being attacked by some wild animal. Take the beast out with an arrow or your knife and you remain hidden. Pop a couple of round into the creature, and all of the bad guys now know where you are. There is so much to do besides the main story line. Exploration, hunting and crafting are a big portion of the game, and essential in order to upgrade skills and weapons. Some don't like the activating the towers to reveal more of the map. I like this part as well, though I am now trying to get all 18 towers activated in order to 'get it over with'. Climbing each individual tower is unique enough that you get a level of satisfaction once you flip the switch and see the animation detailing the portion of the map you've just revealed. The health system is similar to Far Cry 2, but now you don't have to deal with malaria all the time. (The other feature of that game I disliked) You can craft heath syringes, but with the appropriate skill, they aren't really required. I've set the graphical settings on ultra with my Phenom II X4 and 6950 with the latest AMD driver with the Far Cry 3 profile. The frame rate is playable enough so that I don't feel the need to lower it. However, I should state that I have vsync disabled. Again, I find Far Cry 3 to be a vast improvement over the previous game. Expand
  11. Jan 1, 2013
    I wasn't a fan of the previous Far Cry games. No idea why, they just didn't gel with me. FC3 however has me hooked from the start. I'm really enjoying the story telling and the realism of the cut scenes. The combat is smooth, graphically is a work of art. Sadly, I can't run it at max settings, but even on a mix of medium and high ... WOW! I enjoy the hunting missions prowling in the undergrowth and there's a real sense of tension. The vehicles are varied and have weight, the sound is excellent, the score itself blends nicely and for me, the greatest achievement is the immersion. I feel like I'm on an island when I play. I want to explore and find the caves and old camp sites. I struggle to see why people are rating this so low??? Even at it's worst, it NEVER deserves less than a 7. It's a very enjoyable game and Ubisoft have done themselves proud. Grab it on Steam now as it's on sale (31/12/2012). UPDATE: I had to change my score from a 9 to a 10. I have been playing FC3 non stop for 3 days and the bug will not die down. I'm constantly thinking about the game and what to do next. I've bought a lot of games this year and FC3 surpasses all of them. There is so much to do and it's all fun. The racing is good, the hunting (animal), the bounty hunting, looking for loot, swimming, etc. I cannot find a single fault with this game. It stands out like a beam of light this year. People have compared this to Skyrim (with guns). While Skyrim has more depth (I played that for 150 hours) FC3 is the more 'fun' game. EASILY the best game this year and one of the best I've played ever to be honest. Expand
  12. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there
    is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression. Expand
  13. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  14. Oct 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of Skyrim in many respects. You given a set of tools, and largely left to your own devices as to how to complete the assorted tasks available. Conquering bases and towers across the map is never boring. Hunting is a slow, but enjoyable task it also allows for a lot of emergent gameplay experiences when other predators turn up and interrupt your hunt.

The story is
    pretty good too, at least for the first half of the game. Expand
  15. Dec 28, 2012
    Simply amazing. Great storyline, everything made sense, graphics and visuals are stunning. AI can be challenging and the physics are great. Well worth the $50.
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  17. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  18. Jun 3, 2013
    In my opinion simply the best FPP game of the last years, the best sandbox type game ever. 99% of this game is well thought through. The game is never boring, the is lots and lots of freedom. ==================GRAPHICS are just amazing, little different than say Crysis3 but imo definitely on par with it. The grass is thick and beatiful, the bigger plants move when you walk or drive through them, the trees move when you shoot them. The water is great, there are plenty of animals even regular fish under water. The island is absolutely beatiful, even with the HD6950 onboard, because optimisation is great. The effects sunlight reflexes, flares, smoke, explosions everything beatifully made. ===================SOUND and FX is top quality. The guns feel real, the animals roar, growl wuf and whatnot. The birds are singing. The vehicles all have authentic sounds that differ depending on which you drive. Every bit of the island is different there is not a single village or outpost that is the same. Finally, the protagonist has a nice voice, has a LOT to say through the game. Along with the graphics all this make you feel totally submerged in the story and want to explore every meter of the island.=======================GAMEPLAY is especially clever here. The AI is very good, the guns all feel different and shooting is satisfying, even the driving never gets old. There are lots of cars and hanggliders so the player never has to walk for hours (be sure the island is HUGE). The distances to every quest are just right so you never get bored. IF you don`t want you can fast travel any time you want. There are lots of home posts to rearm and heal. The collectible items are fun to explore for, the caves are very nice. The skill and crafting system is the single best thing in this game. You can get the skills or craft items or no your choice. The takedowns are very cleverly made, easy to learn, effective so you often will chose the knife instead of the guns.Finally here you do not have to shoot a guy with half the magazine to kill him, one bullet is often enough. The guns are plenty customizable, very satisfying to use different variants. There is not a single thing about the gameplay I did not like.============================SP CAMPAIGN is quite long, very clever for a FPP game, fun to play. The antagonist named Vaas is what drives you through the story. Other characters also feel alive and authentic. The flashbacks are very nice to see and play. The missions are very much varied and provide fun, emotions, dialogues, humour. Extraordinary quality for an FPP game, almost as ambitious as an RPG. And you do not have to do this it is your choice when and what you do. Overall this game owns Crysis series in every way possible, providing wonderful gameplay, beatiful optimised graphics and a good, well written lots of different things to do and a fun main story. Worth every penny of the 60 dollar price tag. Expand
  19. Jan 1, 2013
    Excellent. The game has a pretty good storyline , Great graphics and immersing gameplay. UBisoft really outdid themselves with this one and Its a must have
  20. May 13, 2013
    Far Cry is back! Bigger, better and more challenging than when it first surfaced in 2004. After 30-tish hours of playing now, I can only say "the best shooter ever". Period.
    If you liked the original, you will like this one too. One thing that most ppl need to be aware of, is the very sloooow learning curve cause of the RPG elements which are introduced compared to the original game (I
    don't want to mention Far Cry 2 cause in my eyes that was a true dissapointment of a game). My friends tried it, but then decided to erase it cause it was too complex for a shooter, which you do seem to notice, especially if you're not much into FPS games.
    But this game has it all, a huge beautiful world to explore, with all the details necessary to convince you're on a real tropic island, packed with bad guys which you get dispose off in different ways, trying different tactics every single time. A true definition of a "sandbox" game, do whatever you want, kill who ever you want and go wherever you want. It's only up to you how you spend time in the game.
    I don't care about some scripted linear levels like in Crysis series, taking from point A to point B just because some developer or game designer decided this is exaclty what you need to accomplish in order to go forward. Here, you have the main storyline which is I must say, the best acted play I have ever seen in a game, but most of the time you're off doing stuff exploring the island, driving whatever has wheels, any kind of combustion engine or flying around couple of hundred meters above the lush jungle. Just amazing.
    This game has my warmest recommendation, and believe me, you will be pulled in the atmosphere of the game but first you need to "survive" the first couple of hours until you connect all the dots on how to actually play the game. Give it a shot!
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    Game of the year, hands down. Only gave it a 9 because of the horrible, horrible abomination that we all call Uplay. I'm glad you can finally play the game in offline mode, but still, it's a dumb program in the way of your gaming experience. There's server issues galore and I have yet to be able to play a single co op game with my friends.
    Anyway, onto the good: everything else. I've
    already read some reviews calling this a 'console port'. Now, this is nothing new. Only this time it's actually false. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a PC game. There's a ton of graphical options, full DX11 support and *drumroll* an FOV slider. When's the last time you saw an FOV slider? Mouse smoothing also isn't a problem since you can simply switch it off.
    The gameplay itself is wonderful. If you like sandbox games, this is for you. You can go anywhere and explore and collect for days on end. I've had this game since the European release date and there's still so much more to see and do. Just walking, driving and flying (yes, flying, you get a wingsuit) around the island is a nice experience. The story is good. If you like an actual story, that is. I know some people just want to skip ahead and shoot things, but thank goodness there's still people who actually care. The characters are well written, interesting, and especially the mocap and voice acting is superb. Also remember those weird Scarecrow scenes from Arkham Asylum? The best part of that game? Well get ready for a whole bunch of stuff just like that. The game doesn't play it straight when it comes to the story missions. It'll always leave you guessing when it comes to your motivations (I think it nicked that idea from Spec Ops The Line, which is a good thing) and when it's not doing that the game simulates you tripping your balls off. There's also the not-so-subtle subtext of Alice in Wonderland, which adds a little mystisism to the story, which is a nice little touch. Tip: don't forget to eat the 'Eat me' pills in the friend-cave!
    Basically, this game is a more interesting Far Cry 2, only without that game's flaws. The world is more interesting and more fun to travel through, and this time you can actually fast travel without having to drive for fifteen minutes to find one of those bus stops. Enemies no longer respawn in camps you've just cleared, instead you conquer them for good. Don't worry, there's still random encounters and certain areas where you can always go looking for a fight if you feel like testing out your newly unlocked machine gun. Speaking of guns: the shooting mechanics are finally a lot better. In Far Cry 2 you just shot at someone, some blood would spurt out, and then they would eventually turn into a ragdoll. The bullets didn't have an impact. If you shot at someone who was running, he wouldn't even notice the bullets in his torso, he'd just drop dead once he hit his 'X shots in this area until I die' quota. Bullets in FC3 have an impact, and the death animations are alright. People also delightfully fly through the air when they're too close to an explosion.
    All in all, I love this game. You will too. If you can put yourself to deal with the annoying Uplay, you'll have dozens of hours of fun.
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    I really liked this game alot. It has great visuals and most importantly a fantastic story. This is one of the few games that has held my attention for quite some time. It has alot of the open fun that Crysis had along with one of the best boss fights i have ever seen.
  23. Dec 4, 2012
    I started the week playing Black Ops 2 and taking a break now and again. Then I bought far Cry 3 and thought it wouldn't be much good but in all honesty I haven't played Black Ops 2 since and my biggest, hugest problem with Far Cry 3 is putting it down!! I've never had a game so immersive e pull me in even though I resisted at the beginning and thought it was not much good but after the initial initiation I have played it all day everyday and can't stop. The last game that had me so immersed but not as much was Far Cry 2 but this is enormous fun.

I had one mission where I was attempting to catch a base with two heavies which are very difficult to bring down. I scouted the area took some photos to keep my enemies in target on my radar and outg of the blue a tiger attacked the base and killed the two heavies. I finished off the other one AFTER he had so kindly eliminated the tiger for me and claimed the base thanks all to the tiger.

Far Cry 3 is addictive, immersive, pure fun and it will tie you to your chair and is game of the year as far as I'm concerned as well as being worth $100 entertainment value. To get such quality in a game is rare and whether you like stealth or all guns blazing you'll love Far Cry 3.

I' ve also had times when I was sneaking up on a camp and a wild animal was sneaking up on me and gorged me to death. Animals stalk you too and you need to hunt them to increase the size of your containers. It's such a real jungle where you can't just run through it without watching your back for a tiger or leapard or dog that will attack you.
  24. Apr 20, 2013
    I must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kinda sympathize with him in the end because he becomes sure of himself and becomes a real warrior of the jungle. We also have various missions here and we also need to hunt for animals, in order to increase our inventory. The island is huge and you'll take a lot of time to explore it. The graphics are good but they lack some extra detail that could have made it amazing, but it's still good, without mentioning the huge amount of secrets and things to discover (relics, lost letters from the war, underwater caves, etc). But still, it has some big flaws that really annoyed me: for starters, the idea of giving you an extremely limited inventory is bad and at the beginning of the game you won't be able to carry more than 1 weapon at the time, with also few ammo, few medicines, few grenades, few rockets, few anything! Luckily it can be increased rather quick by just hunting the animals you need but it's a huge limitation at the beginning that forces you to sell almost anything you get and to make you use weapons that aren't good for silent attacks. It looks more like an excuse to hunt animals, more than a real limitation. Since the island is huge, you'll be able to drive on the island, but the controls are horrible and really feels like it's sliding on the road. And those are jeeps. The game will make us see from "his eyes" so we basically play from his perspective in all times...yet we only see his hands: are we a ghost? That really seems a big lack, considering that the "feel" the game wants to give us is a feel of "real life" and engagement. Infact, the inventory shouldn't even be a menu on another screen and it should be on without stopping the game (sort of like Dead Space). That would have made things much more interesting and engaging. The missions are...very lacking too. You get more missions by conquering outposts (and if you do without being seen, you get tons of exp), and these missions are usually of 2 kinds: 1) kill a pirate with your knife 2) kill a rare animal...which is easily spotted on the map. There are also other sub quests, but they are even easier than the previous ones and usually takes no more than 5 minute. In other words, it could have been better Ah, and there are also challenges to do but they usually just give you money, which is so easy to obtain in the game and you'll be often spending it in order to keep your wallet free. And for last, your skills: you don't have levels but you obtain skill points each time you get enough experience: the skills are many and splitted into 3 branches, which mostly differs on game styles more than actual "speccs". It might be good except that the game forces you to play onward for unlocking your advanced skills! I had 5-6 points to spend, but no new skills to buy, and in the end I had to continue in order to unlock more: this again kills the purpose of being free, since you'll be limited on your skills until you reach a certain point of the story, without mentioning that a lot of these skills are useless and gaining skill points is a breeze (1500 exp just for taking over an outpost without being seen!). However, as a story mode itself, is great, engaging and fun, and that alone it's enough to entertain you. But we also have co-op mode, which you take control of 1 of 4 characters, which aren't exactly related with the story of game, and you'll basically do campaigns with more people. I wasn't able to play it entirely due to my bad luck but it was pretty intense! The enemies are tough and your weapons choice (which can be pre-set or the same as your multiplayer set) count. I can't say exactly much, but it's still more variation to a game that have a lot of content. For last, we have a multiplayer, which is similar to Call of Duty in style...except you actually need to aim. There are various modes and the weapons are varied, although unlocked by levels, and you get attachments from decoding (and if I'm right also from levels). The arenas are pretty detailed and very cured: I hardly saw campers and the reason is that you can't kill in few hits (unless you use a shotgun), forcing you to aim and to try to be a little more precise. We also get "killstreaks", which aren't many but they aren't unbalanced either. This mode is, in a nutshell, a more balanced version of Call of Duty, and it's a good time waster for those moments you just want to shoot. All in all, a very good game, fun to play andreally enjoyable, definitely worth a try out if you want to play a good FPS-RPG game. Nothing really original...but it's extremely fun to play! Expand
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    (Note: I'm in Europe, I've had this game since Nov 29th) I think this is the first game this year to not disappoint me. I was a semi-fan of Far Cry 2 - it was almost a good game, but some unfortunately game-breaking bugs, such as the quickly respawning enemies and broken stealth elements, kept it from reaching its potential and could unfortunately not be modded away. I had high hopes that Far Cry 3 would fix these mistakes while keeping the open gameplay and solid shooter mechanics. It has. Far Cry 3 starts you off as a regular Joe who's never killed anyone before, and forces him to become a killing machine in order to save his friends and two brothers. This story is nice enough, but doesn't explain how Jason - that's you - becomes the world's foremost assassin in a couple of days, so Ubisoft apparently felt the need to add some voodoo magic to explain this. I'm not too sure about this design decisions, which also leads to some, in my opinion, bad story elements, but I suppose it works well enough to keep you interested. The gameplay is absolutely great, letting you freely choose stealth or gung-ho gunning in almost every situation, and particularly the stealth gameplay is some of the best I've seen yet, and it's my favourite genre. Like in Far Cry 2 you are encouraged to scout enemy positions before attacking, and your (admittedly unrealistic and unexplained) zoom-lens camera can tag enemies for you, letting you know their positions in realtime when you move in. If you go the stealth-route you can then choose to dispatch your enemies either with your machete, which will give an XP bonus (yes, the game has RPG elements that also work great), or with any number of silenced weapons, not least of which a bow. If you go with the machete, a skill upgrade will also allow you to drag away the bodies, so your enemies won't find them and raise the alarm. If you clear an enemy outpost silently, you get triple the XP on top of the satisfaction.

Graphics are of course as excellent as you'd expect from a Far Cry game, and the island is huge (but don't worry, you can fast travel) and looks absolutely stunning, with extreme view range even on the lowest settings. Though I have to say I miss the African savannah setting from FC2, which has now been replaced with a more commonly seen South-east Asian jungle island.

Unfortunately there are a few things I don't like so much, that prevent it from getting a perfect 10. One of the things, which may seem minor, is that the game constantly reminds you to go to your next main mission with a box on screen and a thumping sound. That's extremely annoying when on a side mission, as even after many hours of gameplay, I think I've been discovered or something when the sound plays. The story has clearly taken quite a few hints from COD, and incidentally they're the parts I like the least. The side missions are still very repetitive and don't feel natural. The hunting gameplay, which starts out very rewarding, becomes completely pointless fairly quickly, when you've upgraded what you want. Why not make pelts worth some decent money at least? I can get more from searching one enemy corpse than by selling a tiger skin. I'm also not too crazy about most of the skills being locked for the first half or so of the game. I think it should be limited by XP levels alone. There are also a few inconsistencies in the gameplay, such as enemies sometimes hearing you throw a knife and sometimes not, and the takedown button (one hit kill with machete) sometimes not working, making you just slash an enemy instead, which alerts the others. Really annoying when you're going for that undetected bonus. But none of this is enough to ruin my enjoyment of what really is a great game.
  26. Mar 7, 2013
    This is exactly what Far Cry 2 should have been. (Except for the crappy MAP UI and the lack of the sleeping feature)
    Beautiful graphics, amazing sounds and gun sounds, bad NPC voice acting and a gorgeous island to explore, hunt or just to enjoy the scenery.
    The storyline is quite MEH, but i'll take it anyway it since FC never really had a good story to be honest.
    The MP and the CO-OP is
    quite good, a bit glitchy though.

The map editor guarantee hours of fun. :D
  27. Mar 16, 2013
    This game easily receives a 10. The story was engaging, the game play was a joy, and the graphics are amazing. I never touched the Co-op or the multi-player because I never cared to. Far Cry has never been about either. The story lasted a little over 30 hours for me and there are still more places I would like to go explore.
  28. Dec 27, 2012
    Pros: stunning visuals, great story and characters, beautiful open world to explore, very satysfying combat.
    Cons: repetitive side missions, crashed a few times.

In short: one of the best games of 2012.
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    Insanely good game, 2012 GOTY for sure and best single-player game I've played in years. Awesome sandbox with a STRONG narrative when you choose to pursue it great characters, some nice twists and violent on some deep, disturbing levels.
  30. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  31. Dec 4, 2012
    Anyway, onto the good: everything else. I've

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013