8.1

1. Dec 5, 2012
    Hate to see this game get a bad rating from people with bad computers this is one of my favourite games, graphics are awesome and I love how you have to hunt to upgrade your equipment
  2. Dec 6, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is in my opinion the BEST game released in the last 5 years! I am a true Far Cry fan, and is very satisfied with this new game. Everything from the previous games has been refined in this game.

I strongly recommend getting this game, its the best RPG shooter i have EVER played.
  3. Dec 5, 2012
    I really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day one patch. Well, I highly recommend this game which let some new way of thinking gaming. Of course if your best game ever player is COD this could be too complicated for you ;) Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This really wasn't a bad game... The single player had some decent writing even if it was a cliche story. The only part that made me role my eyes was the "LIZA IM COMING!" crap towards the beginning. The plot stays interesting throughout with nice little twists and turns woven in. The ending fight where Sam gets knifed in the neck was very well done and certainly caught me off gaurd. The endings themselves left a little to be desired since they were vague but still interesting. There was a stupid little section that was like tomb raider or uncharted that was out of place. The multiplayer seems pretty lackluster but I expected that hence the 8-9ish rating. Its a much better game than 95% of the market. Giving this game anything less than a 6 or 7 seems pretty unfair to me. Expand
  5. Dec 6, 2012
    Reading some negative reviews has inspired me to sign up (again). Last game reviewed was SimBin's GTR, 'cos it was amazing. This is not a bad game, by any stretch. Suppose I'll be reviewing more often, just to counterbalance some of the stupidity that a lot of other reviewers seem to be coming out with - at least in terms of what I see as important to making a game fun and worth MY while. First of all, yes, it suffers from consolitis - the menu system could be better - there's a lot of clicking back and forth, which does break the flow of the game to some extent. The game overall has a slight aimlessness to it, in that, apart from the intermittent breaks for syringe creation, pouch crafting and other pause-menu high jinks, the way side missions are organised/controlled kind of takes you away from the flow of the narrative that's supposed to be driving your character. But that's about it. Everything else is top notch. Couple missions that are linear and low res map/HUD? Nah, whatever, very minor gripes of a hater mindset. Let's face it, graphics, and the overall artistic design, are one of its great strengths and add a huge amount to the immersion - it's actually seamless (no mean feat). Sound is also on par. The story line is no more or less creative than most other games on the market but at least this one is delivered with some half-decent scripting and voice acting, which I cannot say the same for all your Mass Effects and Borderlands (admittedly I only played the first - did they change that cheeseball guff for the second?). AI? A lot of the negative reviewers here seem to be acting like some artificial intelligence gurus (that fake kind) because they're picking faults in what is actually pretty obvious. The enemies do follow a pattern, but it does not make them any less challenging. It's like in so many other games where the challenge is to figure the pattern out. At least this game is challenging, and actually quite unique because, despite the dense jungle you always seem to be in, there is enough variability and randomness at play to make each encounter feel fresh. This is its major strength, and the reason why I come back for a daily dose - for a little bit more of that immersion, genuine strategising, and truly visceral gunplay (before I tire of it's comparatively minor nuisances). Expand
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    This is the most irritating game I've ever played. I really like the sandbox "part", but the scripted missions are simply awful. Especially the "press [some key] now" scenes. They just ruin everything you like in sandboxes.

The people's AI is, for me, completely unpredictable. Sometimes, you can sit near the enemy and he won't see a thing. On the other hand, it's hard to avoid detection
    sometimes (I don't mind snipers, because they behave correctly). It's just not balanced at all. Special killing skills are sometimes annoying. You stand next to the attacker, who doesn't see you, and you want to eliminate him and his buddy quickly and quietly. But 4 pixels of his arm are still behind a tree or wall, so you can't do that! Instead, you use your knife in the standard way making too much noise. You mess up the whole mission because of those 4 pixels. Extremely annoying!

Why are those little pirate dogs so hard to kill? I have to hit them about 3 or 4 times with my knife to take them down. Our character is so skilled in killing people quickly, why are little dogs such a challenge for him? One hit should be enough. Moreover, the pirates often spot me easily if I kill one with gun from a long distance. Even if the gun is silenced. What the hell is that?

The gameplay design is sometimes just stupid. For example, when I swim, I can't get out of the water if the slope is too steep, even if the floor is just a little above the water level. So I'm a strong warrior and killer, but still unable to go out from a swimming pool without using any ladder. That's completely illogical.

Anyway, I actually like the repetitiveness of the gameplay, but I agree it could be more varied. Far Cry 3 would be better for me without its storyline and lame cinematic "press-one-button" missions. Just plain sandbox with one main goal - defeat pirates and explore as much as you can. Weapons are generally well developed, but I especially like the bow. It's silent and effective. Moreover, its ammo is reusable. Using the bow is like being a native hunter. Especially if you can craft things using animal skins and develop your special skills. I like that part.

Graphics are good enough, but Crysis from 2007 easily outperforms Far Cry 3. The main difference is water. In Far Cry 3 it looks just fake. In Crysis, the water is still almost photo-realistic. Far Cry 3 has some beautiful scenes and decent post-processing effects, but that's not enough. Caves look plastic. Too much of the "glossy effect" on rocks. There's also a bloom effect, which is just overused.

The physics in Far Cry 3 is also worse than in Crysis. In Crysis you can easily cut the trees and chop their wood. Imagine crafting possibilities with that feature. There's no excuse like "limited memory" or "limited processing" (at least on PC), because the game can randomly delete or spawn the destructible trees when needed (like everything else: animals, pirates etc.).

It would be a really good game, but it's too damn irritating to the extent I don't want to play it again. It's just overrated and overpriced. I really wanted to like it, but I can't stand it anymore thanks to some stupid game-design decisions.
  7. Dec 8, 2012
    This is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those who crap on about it not having mutants, ignore those that try and wreck the franchise by even comparing it to CoD these people lack significant game experience if that's all they can compare this game to.
    Farcry 3 breaks all the barriers that keep CoD and Black Ops players in their pen and allows them to use that rinse-repeat formula. When I played this initially I didn't expect much, but 10 minutes in and I was already impressed. The voice acting is astounding, the character expression and casting have been hand picked and when I play the game I never felt bored - you control entirely the direction of the game from beginning to end; there is a preset path but with a nigh infinite series of side quests at your fingertips. Here's what this game isnt; a bloody MMORPG, CoD, Farcry 2, Assassin Creed 3 etc etc ....it is it's own game. What people are complaining about are trivial - non skipable cutscenes...that you only watch once....erm wow knock of some points, it must be a MMORPG because you gather materials and you "grind quests"; i actually laughed at that one. Im trying not to use foul language here, really im trying. To put it simple here IS what Farcry 3 was to me and to the people that gave it 100% (which it deserves):
    - Free from FPS that lets you explore and "grind" (lol seriously) as much as you like or not at all.
    - Beautifully rendered cutscenes that use the in-game engine to push the story ahead.
    - Phenomenal character design and high production values spent on in-game cinematography and voice acting (i cannot stress how refreshing this is).
    - A HUGE array of side quests and unlockable weapons.
    - Gets the player (me) engaged with not only the story, but the wildlife and the island itself; it is tough not to become part of the game and it's characters.
    - EPIC in length; I've been playing this for 1 - 2 weeks, almost all the time. I have enjoyed every hour to be honest.
    - Well organised and crafted level up / skill system.
    Multiplayer is also plenty of fun with unlockable weapons. You start of with some basic loadouts and then like every other multiplayer now, you level up through kills etc. Just so you know its easy, I went from 1 to 37 in 1 day alone; its not that difficult. I will point out though you can get VERY far with only using the first weapon in your loadout - so it felt it was quite balanced.
    Here's what Farcry 3 does wrong:
    - Sticky Controls at times.
    - Feels a little bit like a console when picking up items or interacting with the environment in any way.
    - I had only 1 glitch in the entire game.
    - Perhaps running and falling should be better explained to the player. I.e running off a cliff will "amazingly" kill you, whilst walking down or crouching down the side of a cliff keeps your kneecaps intact. Here are the dumbass complaints you should ignore:
    - Total reliance on woods to heal, and the healing system is dodgy.
    Bollocks simply put. The healing system serves a purpose otherwise you would never get anyway and constantly be slaughtered. It's your job to keep your injections to heal full and your job to find locations for safety to heal yourself. If the game has them hunting you (like real people do) then holy crap that is what should happen.
    - Quick time events are everywhere.
    Garbage. They are present and serve as cutscene mechanics. They flow well and are actually enjoyable to utilize during the scene itself. The only other time you use quicktime events is when you're about to die, or being attacked by an animal - it's giving you a chance - I cant believe someone complained about this
    - Unlock skills and equipment to quick:
    Ridiculous. To level up you need to progress thorough the story's parts; otherwise you have levels to spend but they are unavailable; its a mechanic that warrants the player invests time in the story and not just dicking around. Salvaging animals to make better gear is great fun but you dont have to do this, so it's really up to you whether or not you want to spend the time or not. Look guys, the list could go on. Let me make this clear..read very carefully the reviews that give it below 5 or 4...read them. I mentioned the graphics once, I discussed predominantly the gameplay. The Direct X11 is amazing, yes, but aspects such as AI, the rpg elements, and sooo much more makes this game worth playing. When someone on here compares this FPS with a decent story for a change to an MMORPG...seriously, read them for a laugh. I sincerely hope this helps you BUY the game and ignore those flamers that wreck a game that for once is borderline a piece of art.
  8. Dec 13, 2012
    Fantastic game, I'd probably go as far to say one of the best fps I have played in recent times. The story is immersive, I think using the 'not-cut-out-for-this' guy as the main was a great decision as it boosts the game's immersion even more and that's what you want from a story isn't it? The graphics are AMAZING to say the least. Runs smoothly on medium on my lower end rig. The negative reviewers seem to pick holes in the form of cons which go for every game on the market that ever has, or will be released. I really don't know what the expect from a game developer. This is a fantastic game full of colour, depth and a whole lot of fun. If you haven't already got it, please pick it up now. The game of the year for me. Expand
  9. Feb 12, 2013
    This game had quite a lot of promise, but unfortunately I feel it makes the same mistakes many other sandbox RPG's make, namely the lack of serious content. The worst thing about this game, which, in our modern era of gaming we should be far beyond, and that is the repetitive filler side quests. No thought seems to have been put into them at all. Far cry is the first game I've ever actually given up finishing the side content because after the first 5 minutes of it I've already experienced the rest of the side content. The story line is a bit unbelievable but bearable, except for the strange endings. I would prefer the game over similar titles like assassins creed 3 (which far cry 3 has appropriated many many features from), the crafting system is a little bit tedious. While far cry was a fun experience, it certainly isn't anything unique, i don't see the appeal that the critics saw in this game, seems to be more of the same in my eyes. Expand
  10. Feb 22, 2013
    Just an other oversimplification of a console game. There was a time when Far Cry was about innovation, challenge, freedom. Innovation is still present, freedom is awesome too, but challenge ruins it all. Playing against an AI with an IQ below 50 is pretty boring even on the most difficult settings. Pirates starting to shoot at you from the middle of a field using no cover. I personally stopped playing after I was in a fight with 10 npc's, while there was a group of pirates 20 meters away that were just chilling or I dunno what, just standing there enjoying the sun. It's pretty obvious that the game is a cheap console port. If it wasn't made for console, the game wouldn't be that limited, not talking about the bugs....
    If you are a young dumb teenager, you'll love it
  11. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there
    is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2012
    After the disappointing Far Cry 2 I wasn't expecting much from this game. The developers got much right and made a game that is challenging and fun. I like that once you take an outpost it isn't repopulated by enemy units in 5 minutes like in FC2. I also like the explosive tip arrows - made me feel like Rambo. Things to improve - I hate cutscenes where control is taken away. I also want a quicksave option - I hate the checkpoint system. Also, there isn't anything left to do once you take over all of the enemy bases - I wish they had made an option where enemy units try to retake their bases and you have the option to defend them against onslaught of enemy - if you can't defend the base the enemy takes it back and you have to retake it. Looks good, physics are good, story and skills are cool and fun. All in all I really enjoyed the game, co-op is fun too. Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2012
    I was really excited when this game came out but the end result is a bit of a disappointment. The game starts off with a strong opening scene/mission and the main antagonist is definitely more interesting than most I've seen in releases of late. Whilst I couldn't wait to start roaming around the jungle, this is also where the game fell apart. While at first it's a lot of fun exploring the lands, finding an underwater cave by chance and looking for goodies. Soon though, you will have seen enough to really care. This is especially true when you climb radio towers (18 in total that reveal more of the map when you activate them), alongside the bandit camps that need clearing to give you new fast travel/shop/quest outposts. It's highly repetitive, though this is something I can actually live with just fine. Killing relatively dumb NPC's with silenced weapons and the bow, or charging in with an RPG can be rewarding. There are some notable issues that just hurt, if not kill, the gameplay experience. For instance, you can fire a silenced sniper from 200m away and the enemy will run towards the exact location the gun was fired from. What's more that if you get detected, enemies suddenly take less damage from your weapons. A defender (with LMG) type enemy can be killed with a single headshot if he's unaware, this suddenly becomes 3 headshots if he has seen you. The crafting system isn't too bad but it doesn't make sense, why go through 5 wallets that can each hold a bit more money than the last if you could just make the biggest one straight away? That said, how can shark skin be made into a quiver that holds more arrows than 2 goat hides? You also seem to have the ability to slide down a mountain without taking any damage, but if you sprint off a small incline chances are you'll stumble and lose almost a full bar of health. If you get knocked by an enemy and you finish a quick time event to get back up, there won't be enough time to heal before you get finished off. At least let me die straight away and save the time/frustration. The list continues, but it boils down to 'illogical'. Throwing a stone 10 times and getting the same reaction out of the enemy doesn't make sense, he should be aware by the 2nd of 3rd stone something is up. It has fun driving mechanics (not perfect, but better than most games), great gunplay (unlike some others say, each gun does have unique and noticeable characteristics) and the island setting is nice and colorful (color in a modern day fps zomg!). It is simply let down by frustrations that boil down to poor design, hitting you over the head with what's under the hood and slamming you out of the experience. I'm a long way in, the story does go downhill but I still want to find out how it ends. Though I'll only be playing for an hour at a time, mainly due to the fact I'll be ****** over by the game by then due to shoddy mechanics, fail a mission and alt-F4 that sucker out of frustration. Expand
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    This game has so much potential... but its dragged down by so much unecessary crap. Gather quests? Really? Am I playing Farcry, or WoW? Climb these radio towers to open your map... Guess someone was playing Assassin's Creed at the time they came up with that idea? In trying to fix the broken stealth from FC2, they made it so easy there is no challenge. Enemy's are incredibly stupid. The body drag mechanic could use some work, really, I can't pick up and drag a body from the ground, only after I kill them with a take down? Weapons... 1 attachment... wonder what kind of red dot they are using that blocks out extended mags. It could have been such a good game... but it turned out just to be mediocre. It just feels like there's something missing.... it's a hollow and shallow experience. That being said, it's not the worst game ever either. Expand
  15. Dec 6, 2012
    In reality I'd rather rate this 7.5, but it's enjoyable enough that I wont give it just a 7. First I must say the game looks very good on PC, I run it on ultra settings and it is very nice, though the occasional artifact or unusual glare effect or texture loading comes up. For a first person shooter, of which I'm not a big fan, it is very enjoyable, the story is a bit cliche, but it's fun to work your way through it (thus far 15 hours in). The sound is good and the voice acting is pretty good. Though the enemy AI is somewhat bad, I think it's unfair to lower the rating given the scope of the game, and the weakness is less apparent in animal AI (all but 2 of my deaths where from sneaky jungle cats, and a crocodile.)
    The flaws in the the game are few, but annoying enough to bring my score down. First the menu system is clearly a port from the counsel and is a bit annoying, having to double click every selection is minor, but it's unusual for me on PC. One thing that bugged me, but once again is somewhat understandable as it is just a game is the head shot I put on a tiger failed to kill it, or even make it break from it's b-line toward me, I find that a bit ridiculous, as heads hots from rifles insta kill enemies personnel. As is usually the case in a game with a lot to do, it's a lot of the same, and the side quests are not varied all that much. Another review touched on this as well, the map has everything marked, so there is no sense of accomplishment from exploring this world, go to a tower and unlock the locations of everything. All you have to do is figure out where the entrance to a cave or temple is.
    Over all though the game is great of fun, and the story though not original is entertaining. With good graphics, and voice work, and a ton of options for weapons. I have not played multi-player yet, so that is not reflected in my rating.
  16. Dec 6, 2012
    This is a very good game. Open world, completely immersible environment, and so far I've really felt like some random guy trying to survive on an island. The new territory system is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2's enemy respawns, and the only major negative aspect I've experienced so far was the save system (it would be nice to have more than one save slot). I haven't spent too much time in multiplayer, but I really only buy these games for the single player so it doesn't factor heavily into my opinion of the game. Graphics have been amazing in my experience, and I think most of the people complaining about this don't realize that it's often their own hardware they should be complaining about instead of the software. I was looking for a game where I could become lost in a world that I had to fight my way out of, and I got that. I plan to sink quite a few hours into this title! Expand
  17. Dec 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The way your character moves and reacts to things in the environment is incredibly intuitive fluid and fast; it adds a lot of immersion; as does the sound. I'll say also that this is the first game that has ever actually caught me off guard enough to actually scare me, the animations and sound effects for the animal attacks/mauling are awesome, I've never had so much fun getting tackled by a lion, mauled by a bear (they are faster than you), or pulled under by a crock and thrashed around as I merrily hopped off my jet-ski. Fun times! Off roading in a jeep is fun, hang-gliding is awesome, jet-ski's are like wave racer on crack, mobbing a supply drop down a mountain to the beach on a ATV is stupid fun, the lighting is also amazing... just play it. Expand
  18. Feb 3, 2013
    I have played a lot of really crappy call of duty fps copycats, here is finally a game that is unique, from its amazing storyline, massive world, surreal graphics and excellent gameplay, Far Cry 3 is so good that it almost makes me forget about its terrible predecessor, Far Cry 2 one of the worst games I have ever played. This game was truly amazing.
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    So apparently I am some who just saw his brother get killed. Instead of turning around an raging an trying to murder the bad guy, I have no choice but to run, cause it's scripted. Apparently I can fall an break an be just fine too. Then I wake up to some wierd lookin guy that tells me I am part of some destiny bull**** to help his people.

I get some lame mission to climb a stupid
    tower an break the lock on the panel with the blunt end of the knife. I am not allowed to just drive around, it resets until I complete this stupid quest. This repeats like 3 times then finally I am allowed to just do whatever. So I find out the that killed my brother is on some island to the south. What the am I gonna do... go kill some boars an wtfpwn everything with my awesomesauce fps skills for the 5000th time to unlock some bull**** I dont need or just roll up in there an ****in get the job done.

Of course I choose rambo option. So I head south, an wipe out any resistance along the way, I upgrade from a handgun to an AK-47 and I feel I am well prepared to beat the game. Then I notice it's an island and there is a decent amount of water between it and I. So naturally I go along the coast lookin for a boat. I see some bad guys patrolling in one. I know they are bad cause they wear red, all of them. They must be a corporation of pirates that have to wear uniforms or they get fired.

So anyways I see these dumbasses tootin around in a boat so I shoot my gun at them to attract them. Naturally they can't see a guy on the beach shooting his gun, nor hear it. So I find a boat then chase em down and then finally they see me. So I stop, headshot both guys, then go to their boat.

Oh snap their boat has a mounted 50 cal. Now I am really set to beat the game. So I head towards what I presume is the bad guys base so I can get my revenge. I don't give 2 ****s about saving all the rest of the idiots who got caught, it's not my fault they suck too much to not escape. So as I am driving I get a warning, out of bounds. I say that, maybe they will just do it GTA style an send like a navy of corporate pirates... I can handle that. Then it resets me back to the beach.

End of game. ****ing quit this piece of trash. I don't need to jump through 500 hoops, skin dogs, cats, people or whatever, pick daisies and all this other bull**** just so I can get nifty moves or hold more than 2 clips for my rifle. every bad guy has bullets. I can just kill my way to the top. Apparently I am too advanced for this game though and the story is not ready for me to just surprise him an say hey you man... remember me?

I think that would have been a great cutscene for people that don't want their hands held. Apparently even with the game on the hardest settting, there is no way to play hard mode. you far cry 3. I want my 30 minutes of gameplay back.

End of review.
  20. Dec 7, 2012
    For me this game is the GotY! Beautiful graphics, smooth gameplay, a lot of things to do, very catchy story, and a lot of hours to play. This is a game that every fan of open world should play, every shooter has to play and every graphics addict will definitely enjoy.
  21. Dec 17, 2012
    After finishing the game I can say, it was enough entertaining to keep me playing but I cant say I was enjoying it. Sometimes it was extremely frustrating, especially when trying to capture outposts through stealth and godlike sight of guards, who spotted me in bushes, 200 yards far in the middle of the night even though I was using bow or silenced rifle. What I want to say during the game I have experienced few wonderful (few hunting quests, shooting and combat dynamics,..) but plethora of dull, boring, repetitive or annoying moments. Technically the game is also very ambivalent, on one hand you will see beautiful sceneries of an almost photorealistic quality, few yards away you ll hit a disgusting texture of ps1 era. I think this game needed few months of polishing and complete redesign of stealth mechanics and quests. Also change of environment wouldnt harm. During the game I was remembering almost 3 years old Just Cause 2 which looks much more stunning due to its environment complexity (deserts, snow, jungle, cities,...). In Far Cry 3 you have only jungle... In my opinion eurogamer review couldnt be more wrong this time.. Expand
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whilst i found the gameplay fun, i felt the story was presented quite blandly. Jasons friends and enemies get very little screen time which i thought should've been a lot more to get a connection with them, the ending disappointed me because (spoilers) if you choose to leave the island all you get for it is Jason giving a monologue as their boat speeds off into the sunset, i would've liked to see something where we get to see the relationship between him and his girlfriend Liza but it never happens. Gameplay wise I felt that the lack of HUD customization was a bit of a bummer as i went straight for the hard mode because i really like immersion, but the fact that you cant even turn the tutorials off is really disappointing i hope they release an update that lets you hide them. Expand
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    Firstly, This is a review on mostly the features not single player content. For those curious though, the graphics are amazing. The single player game play is superb. In regards to the co-op content, it was a complete miss. Though it looks from the video that the co-op campaign is full of content, you only really get to follow a set series of short missions. The online multiplayer is a joke compared to Far Cry 2. If you want a $60 single player game then this is for you. All in all, rating this whole game, I give it a 10/10 based on single player but, since I there is no option to rate select features in this review, I have to give it a 5/10 because the rest of the content is a big disappointment. Expand
  24. Dec 6, 2012
    This review is purely for those seeking interest in the Co-op aspect of the game. Dont get hustled like I did: Steam reads... AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER Create your own FPS adventure. and the Co-op goes: PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN Play online and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds.

The reality is its an arcade style shooting gallery on an narrow pre-defined path with no real options for exploratio. Enemies continue to spawn till you advance to a certain point on the terrain where the next scripted event starts. Hustled big time, save your cash for something else if you were interested in the Co-op its complete linear garbage its been done before a million times and its very old.
  25. Dec 8, 2012
    Best game I have ever played!
    Great visuals... ability to do whatever you want... dynamic creatures and smart AI... guns are customizable... everything I could ever ask for in an open world FPS game.

Amazing... great work developers!
  26. Dec 24, 2012
    FC3 is along with AC3 the biggest dissappointment in 2012 / 2013, what bothered me the most is that there is no enemy artificical intelligence at all it seems, all the missions must be played exactly as the level designer made it there is nothing individual, if you dont do things exactly as ubi wants you to do it, the mission failes, i recall that even FC2 or FC1 had a better Enemy AI, and Level Design, so FC3 looks like a downgrade to me. Sure the GFX are nice, but its no destructable environment like Crysis / BF3 has, so half of the nice GFX arent worth it to begin with. Also the looting, the treasures, the relics, and memory cards are brainless collections, Seems like Ubisoft is gameversions v.3 are worst the gaming world ever seen.
    So as summary, when you can get the game on some sale for 10 - 20 dollars its worth spending it, anything above is a waste of your / my money, cause the overall gameplay of FC3 is more compareable to some Commodore 64 / Atari games what we had like 20 years ago.
  27. May 25, 2013
    After hearing so ma ny good things about this game, I it knowing that it didn't support Steam achievements and required UBI's horrendous Uplay DRM software. Sadly, the game didn't come close to living up to the hype. The weapons feel anemic, in that basic animals and any armored human target requires almost a full clip to dispatch with anything other than a sniper rifle or a head-shot. Seriously, it shouldn't take five shots from an mp14 to drop a wild dog, and it certainly shouldn't take two entire clips to kill a bear. The AI is awful you basically have to run into someone while crouched before combat starts, but if you miss a shot with a silenced sniper rifle from 1km, enemies will magically converge on your location as if you were glowing like the sun. The graphics are quite nice and I have played through it without a single crash, but the gameplay isn't generally compelling. Expand
  28. Feb 1, 2013
    When joking about about Far Cry 3 with my friends, I like to call it Call of Cabala: Modern Hunter. The name fits it perfectly. Plenty of Call of Duty style shootouts with the occasional hunt, be it man or beast. If only the story had the depth of either of those series, I might have enjoyed it a little bit more. I can overlook poor AI (it's pretty bad), can care less about graphics (which were beautiful), and grind through chores to get practically necessary unlocks (there are plenty of those), but a poor story kills a game for me. Let's start with what I found positive: most of the games mechanics worked, the open world was somewhat interesting to explore, and the graphics were very nice.
    But I found much more to be negative. The stealth mechanics were awful. I would often hide in a bush with a silenced weapon and pick off targets from a distance. But if anyone saw the death or found a body, they ran straight towards the bush I was hiding in, often discovering me. And you'd think men with guns would be the most dangerous enemy, but in reality it's the unnaturally tough animals. I've shot tigers in the head and they seemed unfazed. I think Komodo dragons spawning behind me was my number 1 cause of death. Number 2 being the poor attempt at creating platforming. You'll fall off an edge few times thinking you haven't quite reached it yet, only to die. And the story didn't draw me in at all. It was shoddy and, up until the very end, predictable. Moments that were supposed to make you feel sad or uncomfortable just made me laugh. Overall, if you prefer mindless firefights over storytelling, then this is the game for you. But if you're looking for the whole package, look somewhere else.
  29. Jul 5, 2013
    far cry 3 is simply amazing. the graphics are stunning and the gunplay is entertaining. the game is worth the full $60 dollars. if you don't have the game I recommend going out and buying right now. the game has massive open world and plenty of areas to explore and things to do.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I loved Far Cry 1 and enjoyed Far Cry 2. I found Far Cry 3 to be a mixed bag. I agree with many of the comments that think Far Cry is trying to be COD & Uncharted (staged scenes and interactive style quick time really sucks!). Then you add the glowing items on the map and you feel that your hand is being held walking through the game. On the PC the menu's are inconsistent in function and for some reason things like the the scroll wheel only work on certain menus. The driving is horrible and like being on ice depending upon the vehicle. On the positive the shooting is tight, the bow is a blast and hard to master unless you use the red dot attachment. The overall voice acting is good, but Jason can get annoying. You also don't have any alternative actions on the main quest (there will be times where you just think if I did this now - it would be done - instead you get to go off on side quests to get back to where you were). Overall the game is OK, but the series is definitely going in the wrong direction (mass market)! Fortunately I got this game free with my new 7970 (the saving grace). Expand
  31. Feb 22, 2013
    If you are a young dumb teenager, you'll love it

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013