• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 23, 2004
8.0

1. Apr 16, 2011
    For me, this is the bench mark for a great game!

Loved the graphics, loved the game-play, loved the story- an all round great game that I keep coming back to for some fun.
  2. ChristopherS.
    Feb 17, 2007
    Farcry took the game world by storm a few years back and to be honest I never really understood why. The much lauded AI is barely average and consists mainly of eagle eye sharpshooting, kamikaze charges and body armor. Character animation is comically bad and the voice acting is atrocious. Yes the tropical landscapes are beautiful and vast and the water looks wonderful unfortunately a lot Farcry took the game world by storm a few years back and to be honest I never really understood why. The much lauded AI is barely average and consists mainly of eagle eye sharpshooting, kamikaze charges and body armor. Character animation is comically bad and the voice acting is atrocious. Yes the tropical landscapes are beautiful and vast and the water looks wonderful unfortunately a lot of the action takes place indoors where things look decidedly ordinary. As for performance I hope your computer is a scorcher because this game will bring even top quality rigs to their knees. Expand
  3. Al
    Nov 24, 2008
    It came out in 2004 along with HL2 and Doom 3. However just like Doom 3, the graphics is all it really had to offer. Wasn't bad at the beginning with the jungle, however as soon as I saw those ridiculously looking mutant monster things, my god...that's when I couldn't bother anymore and stopped playing. They look really lame. The gameplay like Doom 3 is pretty linear as you It came out in 2004 along with HL2 and Doom 3. However just like Doom 3, the graphics is all it really had to offer. Wasn't bad at the beginning with the jungle, however as soon as I saw those ridiculously looking mutant monster things, my god...that's when I couldn't bother anymore and stopped playing. They look really lame. The gameplay like Doom 3 is pretty linear as you go from one place to the next killing the same idiotic mercenaries (even trying to play stealthily is boring). The voice acting is horrendously exaggerated and annoyingly bad, not to mention the story line which is the kind of material we've all heard before. My initial thoughts of playing the game were positive but they slowly went down as I went from one place to the next and it went way down when I came across those mutants. They tried to create fear but pretty much failed as it was cheesy. Like some Saturday morning cartoon creature mutant. Anyway, for a 2004 game it cannot in anyway be compared to the perfection of HL2 and what it had to offer, from amazing graphics to it's in depth story and convincing voice acting. HL2 is something which still holds up in 2008....Far Cry however I'm afraid does not. Expand
  4. Sep 28, 2010
    My second pc game and second in rank to.Very very good graphics for its time and even now.Long campaign varied landscapes good AI not many weapons.The see is gorgeous.The game play puts you on a ex-mercenary role.I must say there are few vehicles but better few than none.Pretty realistic.Challenging.Sometimes scary.BUT DAMN GOOD.9
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    Very good game, even today I was able to replay it all and I wish more recent game simulated what this game did, just throws you into a jungle and let's you figure out the rest for there. It's a shame the sequel is such a horrible mess.
  6. Dec 1, 2011
    Classic FPS. I found blowing **** up in this tropical paradise to be a rewarding experience. You can definitely see the foundation for Crysis throughout the game. My only regret was playing it on the highest difficulty setting which cost me hours of ultimately rewarding frustration.
  7. jdf
    Aug 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the greatest shooter ever designed, if rated firstly by the playability, the story setting [graphics artwork], and the pace of the 20 plus chapters of a very cohesive story. out of 22 levels, only one was poorly designed [you are basically defenceless and have to jump into a river and swim underwater thru a gauntlet of trigen. if they saw u jump u will be killed and must start from beginning of the level again. it is just a random thing, i played thru it on all five difficulties, but you can only repeat until u get a "lucky random number" and they didn't see you in time before getting to the other side where the weapons are.
    usually about 5-6 tries before you "make it" to safety and the weapons/chopper. but one dumb level out of 25 great ones is worth enduring. most other fps are wild run-n-gun affairs, no stealth no variety of experience like FAR CRY e.g. vehicles include hang gliders, four-wheelers, powerboats, etc. Weapons combat is also far more realistic with superior sound and graphics! a fps lover's dream! frustrated "adventure" puzzle lovers should stick to the half-life series, this one's for players who have REAL combat experience to compare the game to.
  8. May 4, 2011
    best shooter i ever played and the first game to have me hooked on 5 straight years multiplayer. although i dont play any more because community has shrunk dramatically since 2008 it is still a special game. the single player is to rescue a hot chick and u fight the mercenaries in a paradise tropical island mostly. brings a totally beautiful surreal environment to kill in. love this gamebest shooter i ever played and the first game to have me hooked on 5 straight years multiplayer. although i dont play any more because community has shrunk dramatically since 2008 it is still a special game. the single player is to rescue a hot chick and u fight the mercenaries in a paradise tropical island mostly. brings a totally beautiful surreal environment to kill in. love this game and it is ubi best game they ever produced. fc2 was a bit disappointing however the map maker in fc2 was truly easy to use and not a bad purchase next to this game. Expand
  9. Jun 12, 2011
    Very hard, addictive, with interesting story. It is good mix of Half-Life, Doom and Fear-like games. Graphics isn't best, but amazes player with jungle and island. Terrain isn't quite open, but gives you some better imerssion and multiple ways and styles of going from one point to another. You can sneak, snipe, and kill quietly, or just rush on your enemies, with heavy wapons andVery hard, addictive, with interesting story. It is good mix of Half-Life, Doom and Fear-like games. Graphics isn't best, but amazes player with jungle and island. Terrain isn't quite open, but gives you some better imerssion and multiple ways and styles of going from one point to another. You can sneak, snipe, and kill quietly, or just rush on your enemies, with heavy wapons and explosives, or escape quickly using some car. Unfortunetly it is often too hard, monsters are too hard, often invisible, and almost impossible to kill (and there is no quick-save).
    On plus side, are awsome keyboard control, good level design, awsome graphics when it was released, long game play, and greate diversity of gameplay and levels.
  10. Oct 5, 2011
    Crytek is a developer that knows how to create near perfect first person shooters. Far Cry is another of those examples from their repertoire. This is some great, solid stuff, despite the bugs and glitches. A game to remember. Far Cry is hard. A true challenge even at the easier difficulty settings. Performance is an issue even for today's hardware standards. The game seems to need a freshCrytek is a developer that knows how to create near perfect first person shooters. Far Cry is another of those examples from their repertoire. This is some great, solid stuff, despite the bugs and glitches. A game to remember. Far Cry is hard. A true challenge even at the easier difficulty settings. Performance is an issue even for today's hardware standards. The game seems to need a fresh system restart to run at its full potential. There are plenty of bugs and glitches. Some were so major that I was forced to reload a save point several times. The game engine and physics is different than most other games, and this takes a little getting used to. The main character's voice acting is pretty bad. Almost to the point of making it sound like a comedy. For whatever idiotic reason, the game alters the Windows audio settings to its liking without setting them back to their original state. This is extremely annoying. Staying in the subject of sound, do a Google search and you will see the massive amount of sound problems people experience in this game. To access the multiplayer portion of the game, one is forced to register and create an account with Ubisoft, which is absolutely ridiculous. The developers clearly reward players who specialize in stealth and skill shots rather than running and gunning. The atmosphere, mood, and setting are superb; providing a tense and exciting experience almost every second of the game. The tension you will experience is not often produced by other games at this same level. There are many parts where you will be spooked and surprised by what comes around the corner or appears suddenly. It is all done very well. Level design in this game is outstanding. The AI is good, and there is always a challenge. Far Cry is all thriller, no filler. It took me about 17 hours to complete. Expand
  11. Sep 9, 2011
    Far Cry is even for today the Crysis it was when it came out. Far Cry offers a warm, colorful tropical environment with crystal clear water, mercenaries, a perfect choice between many different types of weapons and an experience to never forget! If mercenaries aren't enough, you'll certainly get better hopes at Treehouse! However, let's keep that a secret for now... If you haven't playedFar Cry is even for today the Crysis it was when it came out. Far Cry offers a warm, colorful tropical environment with crystal clear water, mercenaries, a perfect choice between many different types of weapons and an experience to never forget! If mercenaries aren't enough, you'll certainly get better hopes at Treehouse! However, let's keep that a secret for now... If you haven't played it yet, don't buy Crysis, but instead get this copy before any other title made on the CryEngines! Even if it's not as advanced as Crysis itself, you could say Far Cry has an unique ambience which is irriplacable.

I do have to say that it runs difficult on Windows 7 without the 64-bit patch from AMD, so consider taking that patch before playing it on W7.

Aside from that, there are no technical flaws except that it is still heavy for a 'old' game.

Summary:

PROS:

- Far Cry has a unique ambience!
    - Graphics & visuals are astonishing (even compared to Crysis)
    - Immersive gameplay which never gets boring
    - Memorable at a high level!
    - No technical flaws

CONS:

- AMD Patch required for Windows 7
    - Patch 1.4 (Standalone/Cumulative) makes the the game crashing
    - No online player support anymore. Also the online community is 'dead'.
  12. Sep 26, 2011
    This game is a lot of fun. Graphics are not bad even when compared with 2011 standards. It has a linear game play but a fun open world feel outdoors. I very rarely felt lost outside the story or goals. The story and main character is a bit corny predictable, and maybe even weak at times, but adds to the fun more than distract. Monsters are always fun to shoot. Couple of the boss battlesThis game is a lot of fun. Graphics are not bad even when compared with 2011 standards. It has a linear game play but a fun open world feel outdoors. I very rarely felt lost outside the story or goals. The story and main character is a bit corny predictable, and maybe even weak at times, but adds to the fun more than distract. Monsters are always fun to shoot. Couple of the boss battles amp up the difficulty way beyond that you select, so if you are easily frustrated with redos, then start with normal difficulty or lower. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 8/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 6/10
  14. Dec 1, 2012
    Far Cry is a spectacle of near Half-Life standards. You play as Jack Carver an ex-special forces operative, hired by Valerie Constantine to sail her around some islands in the South Pacific. Whilst on the cruise the boat is attacked, Valerie is taken and Jack is left for dead. Now being hunted by the security forces patrolling the island, Jack must find Valerie and get both of them toFar Cry is a spectacle of near Half-Life standards. You play as Jack Carver an ex-special forces operative, hired by Valerie Constantine to sail her around some islands in the South Pacific. Whilst on the cruise the boat is attacked, Valerie is taken and Jack is left for dead. Now being hunted by the security forces patrolling the island, Jack must find Valerie and get both of them to safety. However as Jack gets deeper into the island he finds more than he bargained for.
    Great FPS action with a relatively open world to reach your objective and a choice of stealth or gun-ho Rambo style action. A variety of weapons, vehicles and even a multiplayer option for once you complete the 8 ish hour campaign. Not to mention mind blowing graphics, sound and AI behaviour making Far Cry a true test of skill for both new players and veterans.
  15. Mar 16, 2013
    I've tried hard to continue playing this game, but I've had enough of enemies shooting through walls. Oh, not only the first level soldiers seeing you perfectly inside the barracks, or the guy inside a locked hangar gunning you down from a car, also those "elite" soldiers later on the game running like mites and killing you through concrete walls and columns.

Ironically, low level

Ironically, low level soldiers took cover and such, this ones are so pro that run around like monkeys so you are unable to snipe them, which probably was the only satisfying weapon.

The concept of the mutants was good, but what could have been a wonderful horror game on the style of Dead Space ended up as comedically gorish as Bioshock due to sheer unability to make the mutant aparitions something unexpected or dangerous.

Good things: The game feels open, with several paths to go from point A to point B, the driving is really good, and the dificulty isn't based on rationing ammunition.

More bad things: As usual, as soon as you shoot 1 enemy, all of them in range of sigth 1 mile away will inmediately shoot at you. No stealth killing today son. The concept of the open world is cool, but there isn't anything else there for you to find anyway, doesn't matter how much you wander.

In conclusion, play this game if you like RPG type of shooters, but expect to possibly left dissapointed.
  16. Jan 21, 2013
    It's a great game. The graphics are amazing for its time. The gameplay is a bit different from most First-Person shooters. But it's pretty awesome. The storyline is pretty good too. However, I must add, the voice acting is terrible. I know it's from 2004, but that's not much of an excuse. Half-Life 2 was 2004 as well and it had much better voices. Far Cry is still awesome. Very aggravatingIt's a great game. The graphics are amazing for its time. The gameplay is a bit different from most First-Person shooters. But it's pretty awesome. The storyline is pretty good too. However, I must add, the voice acting is terrible. I know it's from 2004, but that's not much of an excuse. Half-Life 2 was 2004 as well and it had much better voices. Far Cry is still awesome. Very aggravating at times. If you like shooters and don't have anger-management problems, you will most likely enjoy this game. Expand
  17. Jul 14, 2013
    While the game hasn't aged well its still good the graphics on max are still impressive even if the gun models are more 1998 than 2004 the campaign has a decent length the gunplay works well but the stealth is because all the enemies have thermal x-ray UAV vision and have super synced aiming and pistols that can shoot you 100 miles away and the story and voice acting is horrible theWhile the game hasn't aged well its still good the graphics on max are still impressive even if the gun models are more 1998 than 2004 the campaign has a decent length the gunplay works well but the stealth is because all the enemies have thermal x-ray UAV vision and have super synced aiming and pistols that can shoot you 100 miles away and the story and voice acting is horrible the multiplayer is very good but you die so quickly since there is no regenerating health and your health goes down very quickly but it still is a good buy you can get it for £4 on amazon and £5.99 on steam Expand
  18. Jul 7, 2013
    It is really unfortunate that I have to say this is the last Crytek game from which I had a lot of fun. At that time it had everything, it was a great competition to the even great Half-Life 2. So sad that latest Crytek products wont leave any meaningful trace in gaming history, except to be remembered as benchmarks.
  19. Dec 31, 2014
    Far Cry is a game I was unimpressed with back in 2003, yet it seems worse every time I replay it.

Never have I played a game so rife with random, arbitrary caprice. You will die frequently, often by an enemy you never saw. Many enemies, especially later on, are bullet sponges while you go down in a few hits. That sort of balance can work in a game where damage is readily avoidable- here it is not. Even in perfectly normal combat, no matter what you do with mobility or cover, you sort of sweat out health, assuming you don't get king hit and die instantly.

That could've been ameliorated by a decent save system, but here you're left with sporadic checkpoints, which barely make sense in the context of a freeform shooter. You want experimentation? Too bad; too risky. Always living from checkpoint to checkpoint, crying "my kingdom for a checkpoint!". At times it would make sense to take it slow, except A) gunplay is much more fun than stealth here and B) spending lots of time getting it done risks that time, because of the save system.

Factor in constant annoyances like a dismal movement speed (barely a brisk walk), a large but pointlessly slow-to-recharge stamina bar that serves no real purpose, ditto for a thermal vision recharge (even when some enemies are invisible!), enemies' ridiculous melee range, bogus ammo capacities, abysmal draw distance of enemies... everything in the game stands somewhere between off-kilter and utterly broken. Not so much a laundry list of minor annoyances, as here annoyance competes for time with decent gameplay.

Level design ranges from mediocre to terrible, with extended boring indoor levels where even the pretense of freedom is dropped.

Visually the game still holds up well today. Or, it would, were it not for a LOD bias that doesn't adjust for modern resolutions. Glaring billboards everywhere and some strange interpolation between LODs that can be mistaken for enemy combatants (if it moves, kill it). Those niggles aside, the quality gap between graphics & gameplay shows that Far Cry should have remained a tech demo.
  20. Mar 24, 2014
    I can't explain how bad this game is. It's not hard.. it's just bad.
    - No AI
    - instant hits from the enemy + 2-3 shoots, and you die (easy settings)
    - boring
    - B-Side feeling

+ Graphics.

Bad game.
  21. Jan 3, 2014
    One of the best FPS i ever played... really nice graphics good gameplay interesting story but the open-world concept is a bit limited because you can explore a part of the game's world not the whole...
  22. May 19, 2014
    Far Cry is a Solid FPS I have experienced in the past, Its was damn Challenging Indeed (I cant beat it in Easy, But Managed to beat it in the 'Realistic' Difficulty') , The game deserves a 9.9/10, I Minus one point for Messy Checkpoints that is not arranged well (Don't wanna save? 'Saving game'... Killed a Boss? No **** )
    I wist they release a Ported version of Far-cry Instincts for PC.
  23. May 30, 2014
    Even though this game has some bugs and glitches, Far Cry was a blast to me. It's action pack, beautiful graphics for the time, and overall just very fun.
  24. Dec 9, 2014
    In the words of Borat " Vey Nice" This game is great but at times TOO FREAKING HARD. I swear... don't tell my mother. Anyway I swear that this game is sometimes very unforgiving and can be very frustrating

Verdict:
    TOO HARD... at times
  25. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.8 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 8.5

A really beautiful and addict FPS. One of the best all time. I enjoyed the graphics so much, water reflections and the distance view without poping. With a good story it would take 10.
  26. Aug 1, 2014
    Far Cry is one of the worst games I've ever played. The checkpoints must have been made by a spastic, because you have to do the same crap over and over and over again because you keep getting killed by terribly programmed AI who act like they have aimbots practically. When you try to find cover in tents to heal, they're apparently able to shoot through the walls and still kill you. Also,Far Cry is one of the worst games I've ever played. The checkpoints must have been made by a spastic, because you have to do the same crap over and over and over again because you keep getting killed by terribly programmed AI who act like they have aimbots practically. When you try to find cover in tents to heal, they're apparently able to shoot through the walls and still kill you. Also, you're left alone for almost the entirety of the game, and you never really have an ally to help you out except Val about 9 hours into the game. This game could've been so great, but the AI is absolute **** and you are alone the entire game. And the one thing that you may think this game has is an open-world aspect... IT DOESN'T, this game is very linear, so if you want a real Far Cry game that is open world try 2 or 3 (and now 4). So in conclusion, you should buy this game if, #1 You like a linear storyline, #2 You like fighting 50 enemies on your own at once, #3 You like fighting AI's who have the same precision as an aimbot. Unfortunately, I don't like any of that in a game, so this terrible game will get a **** score by me. Expand
  27. Jan 1, 2012
    Far Cry is the classic example of a great idea with poor execution. At first glance and play-through it appears to be a fairly solid FPS with some beautiful locales, but the more you play the more you tarnish the original appearance. The main problem stems from some really bad enemy AI and a really difficult few levels that round off the end of the game. Even on the default difficultyFar Cry is the classic example of a great idea with poor execution. At first glance and play-through it appears to be a fairly solid FPS with some beautiful locales, but the more you play the more you tarnish the original appearance. The main problem stems from some really bad enemy AI and a really difficult few levels that round off the end of the game. Even on the default difficulty setting (there are 5 in total) you can expect to die quite a bit. Your character can only sustain a small barrage of gunfire before buying the farm. This is not helped by the 1 hit kills from sniper rifle and rocket launcher wielding enemies.

Also some of the final levels in the game are unfairly difficult, to the point of just being frustrating and not fun at all. It's a real shame because when the game falls into place and you're lying in the bushes, picking off a group of thugs with your sniper rifle, you'll no doubt love and enjoy Far Cry. It's just a shame that its shortcomings aren't as few and far between.
  28. Sep 29, 2011
    Rambo in the jungle. The difficulty of the game forces you to play strategically and rely on stealth at times. With the realistic graphics, this game makes you feel like you're actually there. And it does this so well because you can explore and advance when you want, how you want. It's a survival game on beautiful islands. The gameplay is intense in terms of the action, with great levelsRambo in the jungle. The difficulty of the game forces you to play strategically and rely on stealth at times. With the realistic graphics, this game makes you feel like you're actually there. And it does this so well because you can explore and advance when you want, how you want. It's a survival game on beautiful islands. The gameplay is intense in terms of the action, with great levels of decent length and a gradual day/night cycle. The game doesn't jump from one place to another like Call of Duty. You play through everything and discover more and more about the story as you play. This beats Half-Life 2 anyday because the action is intense and gripping. If you want to know what it'd feel like to be in one of those Hollywood films, cancel your holiday plans and get this. Expand
  29. Jag
    Feb 8, 2008
    Only one way to describe this game...IT IS AWSOME!!! It is better that half-life 2 in my opinion. It requires a whole new kind of gameplay. The graphics are great and the AI is magnifisent. Let me tell ya their tactics hurt worse than their rifles. The only complaint I have is that if you put them on alert and you make the slightest noise they go on full alert rather than check things out Only one way to describe this game...IT IS AWSOME!!! It is better that half-life 2 in my opinion. It requires a whole new kind of gameplay. The graphics are great and the AI is magnifisent. Let me tell ya their tactics hurt worse than their rifles. The only complaint I have is that if you put them on alert and you make the slightest noise they go on full alert rather than check things out a little more. you can play any way you want except for one. The classic run and gum/spray and pray tactics. Anything els such as assult, ambush,Stelth its all up to you. I got this game like two years ago and I still have so much fun with it. I even think its better than COD 4 lol. the one of the last complaints I have is that the voice acting wasn't that good and the multi-player basicly sux because the maps are so huge and there can be so little players you're pretty much just end spending most of your time looking for someone to kill. But the story is simply outstanding and the awesome environments and so much goodness that you never knew so much fun could be packed into one $20 bill. I want to punch myself for not giving it a 10 But tens are perfect and this game isn't perfect but its EXTREMELY close. Expand
  30. Riv
    Aug 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First a little history, back in 2004 there were three FPS games that hit the scene, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and Far Cry. Far Cry started as a tech demo for Nvidia and Crytek decided to make it a full game. The games story line is OK. You're Jack Carver, a hired boater/gun-crazed-maniac for a C.I.A. operative named Val who is sent out to investigate a tropical set of islands with a mad scientist who is performing insane genetic experiments and who has a literal personal army of mercenaries complete with under/above-ground concrete bunkers, laboratories and more. There is a lot of equipment on the island including a large-scale satellite dish, military helicopters, and bunkers, etc. Your boat is knocked out by mercenaries and it's your job to find out what the plot is and to protect Val who's missing. (I'm lying I really have no freaking clue what the plot is it's really just a guy on a walky-talky telling you what to do).

Far Cry does has lovely graphics and the tropical islands are fun to look around in.

The basic game mechanics of the game is this; you have four weapons in your inventory to choose from; the mercanaries have very keen hearing and ok eye-sight (sometimes), you must shoot them in the head and make your way through the islands by killing thousands of mercanaries, engineers, scientists, to find Val and stop the mad doctor and help your friend on the microphone. You can crouch in bushes and grass, and snipe from long distances and do whatever it takes to get by, you can mark targets with a magical pair of binoculars which lets you hear across miles. Enemies can spot you by hearing you shoot/move or if you peep out of bushes too close or sometimes they just know where you are and are coming to get ya!

The mechanics are fun in a way. But they can also be frustrating, oftentimes it makes sense but later on it can get silly. The game is long and challenging. There is no button to quick-save your game, and the check-points aren't well thought-out and I had to replay long portions of the game over and over in order to progress.

Graphically the game was a hall-mark when it first came out. It still looks pretty good today; but the game is a lonely game. Everything is out to kill you and you go through the game you will go through alone without meeting your first ally until ten-hours or so into the game.

You go from point A to B, to do objective A so you can go to point C to to objective B, etc... then the game ends.

The premise of the game is a 8/10. OK story-line, OK location, interesting design. The rest of the game is a 4/10. Unrefined AI, repetition due to poorly though-out check-points and lack of changing gameplay, the grenades are pieces of poop you sling at enemies. The difficulty is just too high on normal difficulty and anything lower than that just defeats the purpose of the game. Thanks for reading.
  31. BobD.
    Apr 12, 2004
    Could have been a great game with one simple addition: quick-save/load. As is, it's a frustrating exercise in tedium as you play the same areas over and over and over and over and over and.... At this point (after one play-through), I've got the entire game memorized. It's unlikely I'll ever play it again. Game developers: read my virtual lips: GIVE US QUICK SAVE & Could have been a great game with one simple addition: quick-save/load. As is, it's a frustrating exercise in tedium as you play the same areas over and over and over and over and over and.... At this point (after one play-through), I've got the entire game memorized. It's unlikely I'll ever play it again. Game developers: read my virtual lips: GIVE US QUICK SAVE & QUICK LOAD for single-player FPS games! The game's also a serious resource hog. I frequently needed to drop my (very high-end) system down to a resolution of 1024x768 to get a decent frame rate. In summary, it's almost as disappointing as XIII (but not quite). Looks nice, though. Expand
  32. Philuhhuh
    Sep 11, 2006
    Simply an average shooter: average guns, average story, average vehicles, average AI. The only "novelty", if you can call it that, are the (formerly) great graphics, which do not look as good as as the Doom 3 engine and do not scale near as well as the Source engine.
    The story is tired and predictable (come on, monsters? Originality please...) and for some unholy reason there is no quicksave. I know this makes it "easier" to mak a half-dozen console ports which result in increased revenue, but think of the gamer, please.
  33. Groundfisher
    Jul 13, 2004
    Just an average fps with beautiful graphics and no save game feature. Unfortunately, your computer is unlikely to be powerful enough to play the game at max settings. After all the hype, very disappointing.
  34. David
    Jul 14, 2004
    The totally stupid story makes it one of the worst games I've ever played!
  35. DerekG.
    May 30, 2006
    Possibly the most disappointing game in history. How could anyone, especially a journalist with any integrity, call this game perfect? The AI is as dumb as any others, the graphics constantly glitch out on my high-end system, even on the lowest possible settings..the story is really truly dull and cliche, and the graphics pale in comparison to the likes of Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and even Possibly the most disappointing game in history. How could anyone, especially a journalist with any integrity, call this game perfect? The AI is as dumb as any others, the graphics constantly glitch out on my high-end system, even on the lowest possible settings..the story is really truly dull and cliche, and the graphics pale in comparison to the likes of Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and even Call of Duty 2. Expand
  36. RupertL.
    Jun 15, 2006
    This game is unbalanced, the story is boring and well known (some monster are loose and are killing everyone). The graphics are nice, but the whole environment looks quite artificial. The animations are bad and the sounds are even worse. I wouldn't buy this game again.
  37. Charlie
    Sep 10, 2008
    This game was good, until you got to the first mutants. The graphics were great, i loved crawling through the jungle, playing tactically, running head on guns firing, etc. Then there's the bad side. I got bored of the mutants constantly trying to be spooky and all that, and just failing miserably. It got very predictable the further you went, and character animations were always not This game was good, until you got to the first mutants. The graphics were great, i loved crawling through the jungle, playing tactically, running head on guns firing, etc. Then there's the bad side. I got bored of the mutants constantly trying to be spooky and all that, and just failing miserably. It got very predictable the further you went, and character animations were always not very good at all. The story line is probably the worst i've ever seen, again predictable and unoriginal. To be honest, i couldn't actually play to the end out of sheer boredom. Far Cry 2, however, sounds much better. They've kept all the good stuff and got rid of all the bad stuff. Looking forward to it. Expand
  38. DickT
    Jun 2, 2009
    This game is more a lesson in how much frustration you can take than how a good the game is. Playing this game on "medium" is = to playing most other games on the hardest levels. And there's 3 other higher difficulty levels! The human enemies aren't that tough, they just have ridiculous accuracy. The mutants can kill you with one swipe and can jump around 50 ft. The rocket armed This game is more a lesson in how much frustration you can take than how a good the game is. Playing this game on "medium" is = to playing most other games on the hardest levels. And there's 3 other higher difficulty levels! The human enemies aren't that tough, they just have ridiculous accuracy. The mutants can kill you with one swipe and can jump around 50 ft. The rocket armed super mutant is tough as nails. It seems that the makers just wanted to see how hard and frustrating they could make a game. The auto save is crap - you'll find yourself replaying scenes 10+ times because of it. The right click zoom is buggy, and the rocket launcher has to be SUPER accurate to hit anything. Lastly, the "run meter" lasts 11 SECONDS. It's RIDICULOUS! Oh, and driving the vehicles is darn near impossible. So there you go. If you're a masochist...enjoy. Expand
  39. Jul 23, 2012
    Nice graphics, multiple solutions to most problems, and challenging as hell, but awful controls, sub-par voice acting, and a paper-thin story make Far Cry another mostly boring and ultimately forgettable shooter.
  40. dsn
    May 17, 2012
    i am new into games..so perhaps my review doesnt count that much...but i felt this game does not deserve a very high scores. Reasons: - the story is unattractive. - save points are decided by game.- the armor and heath shatters very quickly...i chose the easy level to start with ,,,and gave up after perhaps reaching somewhere to 70-80% of the game...i died so many times. the monsters killi am new into games..so perhaps my review doesnt count that much...but i felt this game does not deserve a very high scores. Reasons: - the story is unattractive. - save points are decided by game.- the armor and heath shatters very quickly...i chose the easy level to start with ,,,and gave up after perhaps reaching somewhere to 70-80% of the game...i died so many times. the monsters kill you in one blow!..and there are just too many enimies...i was tired of killing and dying. the good points are mentioed by many other reviewers. Expand
  41. Nov 12, 2013
    When this first came out it blew my mind. Levels so well designed you can choose how you want to complete them, game mechanics are fantastic. Sure the storyline is a bit weak, but who cares when you're having so much fun.
  42. Nov 28, 2012
    Some games are timeless. To today's standards 2004 FarCry...is still better than most modern FPS. I had never played Far Cry before and am certainly not a fan boy, I just can appreciate a great game. The graphics, to 2004's standards, are outstanding. Today they have still aged well, the maps are detailed and varied. Great level design, fairly linear as would be expected from an FPS gameSome games are timeless. To today's standards 2004 FarCry...is still better than most modern FPS. I had never played Far Cry before and am certainly not a fan boy, I just can appreciate a great game. The graphics, to 2004's standards, are outstanding. Today they have still aged well, the maps are detailed and varied. Great level design, fairly linear as would be expected from an FPS game but not excessively so, letting you decide the proper way to approach a situation. Stealth is a big part of this game, many frustrated players who are bad at this game are not used to it because it's survival oriented. The game is as much about strategy and advancing wisely through the stages as reflex and action. For this reason it isn't another boring killfest FPS, but rather an original, masterful game. Expand
  43. Jul 22, 2013
    Literally has no redeeming qualities. The graphics were outdated, not to mention they were surpassed by HL2 and Doom 3 in the same year. The AI is terrible, and the "stealth" is a joke. You can pretty much walk by anyone as long as you're crouching. You acquire all weapons within 60 seconds of play, but that's not saying much seeing as there are only four, two of which are pretty much theLiterally has no redeeming qualities. The graphics were outdated, not to mention they were surpassed by HL2 and Doom 3 in the same year. The AI is terrible, and the "stealth" is a joke. You can pretty much walk by anyone as long as you're crouching. You acquire all weapons within 60 seconds of play, but that's not saying much seeing as there are only four, two of which are pretty much the same thing. The game is often marketed as open world, but the levels are very linear and badly designed. You are often shoved into foxholes in which if you get up, you're killed almost instantly. It's often hard to find where you need to go. One of the first levels has you going into an abandoned ship. You are told to enter through a hole in the ship. There is a HUGE, exposed, hole in the ship that you see instantly. However, this isn't what you want. You need to go underwater, to the other side of the boat, and into a 1 meter wide hole. The story is absolutely ridiculous, but I won't go into that to avoid spoilers. The cutscenes are bad 90s film esque. The vehicle sections are very hard to navigate. Saving is not allowed, so if you need to do something else, you better hope there was a checkpoint recently. I got it for $2.50 on the Steam Sale, and I feel like I paid way too much Expand
  44. MattR.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Where did this game come from? I'm usually pretty up on the latest releases, but I feel like this one snuck up on me. I LOVE: the change of locale (no more industrial warehouses!), the AI, the beautiful graphics and cool levels. I DISLIKE: the incredible difficulty level. The later levels are mind-bogglingly hard. I also was disappointed by the way the story developed. It ended up Where did this game come from? I'm usually pretty up on the latest releases, but I feel like this one snuck up on me. I LOVE: the change of locale (no more industrial warehouses!), the AI, the beautiful graphics and cool levels. I DISLIKE: the incredible difficulty level. The later levels are mind-bogglingly hard. I also was disappointed by the way the story developed. It ended up being pretty predictable. Expand
  45. MarkR.
    Apr 21, 2004
    As I read in one review of this awesome game...quicksaves are for wimps. My system isn't the best out there (2.4 GHz, 1024 MB ram, Radeon 9600), but I'm running at 1280 x 1024 with everything on "Very High" and it's run very smoothly for me to my surprise. It is one of the best looking games ever. I only give it a 9 and not a 10 because the story only seems like an As I read in one review of this awesome game...quicksaves are for wimps. My system isn't the best out there (2.4 GHz, 1024 MB ram, Radeon 9600), but I'm running at 1280 x 1024 with everything on "Very High" and it's run very smoothly for me to my surprise. It is one of the best looking games ever. I only give it a 9 and not a 10 because the story only seems like an afterthought in the game. You're really to busy wondering what's around the next corner to worry about your next mission. Expand
  46. DooDoo
    May 12, 2006
    Like M S said it was very dissapointing. This game fell well short of my expectations. I was drawn to buy it because I heard the graphics were amazing, but the plot was so boring I didn't give a damn about the graphics. I guess my expectations were too high after playing GTA.
  47. DonH.
    Jun 16, 2006
    I'm late to this game. After playing F.E.A.R the grapichs look like a Mario game. The A.I will charge toward you, even when your unloading on them.
  48. NikB.
    Oct 21, 2007
    The tropical landscapes are not only beautiful but make for an excellent tactical sneaking game. However not all of the game takes place outdoors. Indoors leaves the player without stealth and completely strips the player of any tactical advantage making it feel like a rather generic shooter at times. The human AI and base set up is also a large part of what makes the game fun an The tropical landscapes are not only beautiful but make for an excellent tactical sneaking game. However not all of the game takes place outdoors. Indoors leaves the player without stealth and completely strips the player of any tactical advantage making it feel like a rather generic shooter at times. The human AI and base set up is also a large part of what makes the game fun an interesting, but you eventually have to fight a whole lot of mutants with simple "charge at the player" AI. The story is also One of the most shallow stories I have experienced in a long time. Despite it's many shortcomings I gave it a 7 because of the refreshing jungle combat. Expand
  49. Aug 21, 2011
    FarCry is an amazing game with spectacular graphics for its time! It is obviously a first person shooter that doesn't add much at all really in that aspect but the physics work great. The story is quite interesting involving mutant science on a mysterious island you find yourself on but it remains a true classic that I could even play now and compare it to some of the games like Call ofFarCry is an amazing game with spectacular graphics for its time! It is obviously a first person shooter that doesn't add much at all really in that aspect but the physics work great. The story is quite interesting involving mutant science on a mysterious island you find yourself on but it remains a true classic that I could even play now and compare it to some of the games like Call of Duty: Black Ops and Halo: Reach. I never tried multiplayer though because well, I really didn't want to. It seemed like just another shooter and I play games for story and their single player campaign which held the game up well! The only concern I would have is difficulty but I guess that's my fault for sucking at it! It would be nice if the A.I eased up a little bit though! It is also one of the biggest first person shooters I've played with 20 huge levels based all around the island. So on an ending note... Buy it! Expand
  50. Nov 3, 2012
    Far Cry is one of my favorite games! The graphics were and still are to this day amazing! The gameplay is great and the game is very hard, but very rewarding. Excellent!
  51. Oct 29, 2012
    Great Game! It` s one of the best games i ever played! The story was interesting (but old), gameplay is goog, graphics very beatyfull. It`s perfect game
  52. Nov 21, 2012
    This game was pretty good, and the graphics are impressive for such an old game. however, the game get's boring after a while. its a little bit all the way the same thing: Shooting, driving, shooting, driving and shooting... Still its a great game and its cheap.
  53. Nov 1, 2013
    Far Cry is one of the most overrated games in 2004. Some people say that this game is the best FPS game after legendary Half Life from 1998. I disagree. Far Cry is just an average FPS game with boring story, stereotypical characters and annoying game play.

Now, the game really looks fantastic. Most of the game takes place on tropical islands in South Pacific and the islands are just beautiful to watch, the sea, waterfalls and jungles look really good and breathtaking, but good graphics doesn't bring good game.

The story is boring and typical even for the worst FPS games: we have one guy with a lot of guns against the army of bad guys and (of course) genetic mutants. Most of the time you are just walking from one island to another, shooting and killing everyone you meet without having a clue what's going on. The enemies are ten times stronger than you, they can see you from a mile away, hear one little sound and they put the entire place on full alert, knowing exactly where you are, I even heard that they can see you threw the walls and rocks which is really stupid and unrealistic. There is no strategy while approaching to the enemy, all the time you are just shooting at them. And sometimes you'll have to shoot at them in different directions, because they can attack you from the air, water and jungle at the same time. The game become very boring after a few hours, because it's all the same; you come to the island, start shooting at the enemy, enter a base or laboratory, shoot new bunch of enemies, push the button or something like that and in the end shoot some more enemies. Maybe it's fun and challenging game for young players, but for me (I like the games with story and challenge, not "shoot to kill" games) it was just a waste of time. There are some cool things in the game, you can switch walking on foot and driving with jeeps, boats,... but that's not enough for a good game.

Far Cry is overall an average FPS game with bad story and terrible voice acting, annoying game play and after a few hours it become boring and predictable. Trouble in paradise for teenagers.
  54. Rebmes
    Apr 3, 2008
    Even in 2008, the graphics and setting are beautiful, compared to all the other games where everything happens in corridors and narrow streets and industrial areas. Unique combat styles where the AI has various strategies to try to take you down; have you ever fought in a jungle before on a 3d FPS?? Not like this. However, like some have said before me, this gets repetitive very quickly, Even in 2008, the graphics and setting are beautiful, compared to all the other games where everything happens in corridors and narrow streets and industrial areas. Unique combat styles where the AI has various strategies to try to take you down; have you ever fought in a jungle before on a 3d FPS?? Not like this. However, like some have said before me, this gets repetitive very quickly, and as soon as you enter the good old corridors and hangars, the game gets boring as hell. Find key, use key, find escape, find bomb, use bomb, find escape. Extremely boring storyline and plot delivery. Also, the whole combat system gets repetitive quickly, out in the jungle. Often times there are so many enemies; as soon as you shoot one they all shoot you, so you memorize and use the same strategy to kill them every time, or you die. Great game if you like simple shooters where all you do is kill die kill die kill die, horrible game if you like to get involved with a storyline or varied/original gameplay. Expand
  55. May 26, 2011
    Game starts out interesting but descends into the typical mad scientist and mutants (or zombies or monsters) that so many games fall back on when they can't think of something original.
  56. NotResponsible
    Jul 3, 2007
    All it is is a rip off of the source engine and Half-Life 2 as a jungle.
  57. AaronB
    Sep 17, 2009
    Graphics are ok for a five year old game. Speed sucks, for my system that five years ago would have been awesome. AI is slow to respond and when they do(after ten bullets whizzing past - more on that in a moment) they all come rushing in at once, blast away my armor in a few seconds, and die when I run out of useless ammo and hit the machete. Really? I can't aim at ANYTHING, the Graphics are ok for a five year old game. Speed sucks, for my system that five years ago would have been awesome. AI is slow to respond and when they do(after ten bullets whizzing past - more on that in a moment) they all come rushing in at once, blast away my armor in a few seconds, and die when I run out of useless ammo and hit the machete. Really? I can't aim at ANYTHING, the control is so jittery, and then it wavers because the PC has itchy feet or something! You don't hold a gun to the side and aim with magic crosshairs anyway. Real sighting is far superior to fake sighting, I've found. Back to Far Cry 2 on Xbox 360! Expand
  58. KayG.
    Apr 10, 2004
    The graphics are beautiful, but the game is boring. You walk around tropical islands shooting people, CS style. Storyline: find key, use key, find another key... (substitute key for bomb, satellite, widget etc)
  59. G.D.
    Jun 22, 2004
    Very boring.
  60. ScottS.
    Mar 25, 2004
    This game is overhyped to the MAX. It's pretty but the play control sucks. The weapons are equally as boring as the maps. A game for Fanboys.
  61. PETERL.
    May 15, 2005
    Love the game, but I do get frustrated when things break and you just dont know what to do next.
  62. Hamid
    Jul 20, 2009
    Far cry is an okay game that gets boring after a while. Along the way you'll meet more enemies which include mutated humans turned into hideous monsters, big giant monsters with rocket launchers that fire at you, and most of all, humans. The graphics are not better than Crysis's even if it has been made by the same studio. The game is not better than the orange box or Crysis and Far cry is an okay game that gets boring after a while. Along the way you'll meet more enemies which include mutated humans turned into hideous monsters, big giant monsters with rocket launchers that fire at you, and most of all, humans. The graphics are not better than Crysis's even if it has been made by the same studio. The game is not better than the orange box or Crysis and for some players who have played the game complained about the game when it starts and howb the ground is all blue. Expand
  63. EleriJ.
    Apr 6, 2004
    I love Dragon games there are so few on the market, so when i saw Dragon Rage i had to buy it and i haven't regreted my desicion! The graphics are good and they have made Cael one wicked Dragon, his flying is just so real these people have done their homework!
  64. KjokkiK.
    Apr 9, 2004
    This game is THE best game ever its very realistic and its very challenging.
  65. StringerB.
    May 1, 2004
    One bad-ass mother of a game. But you had better have one mother of a rig to play it right. Oh come on...take a bite, baby.
  66. DuncanP.
    Aug 8, 2004
    Absolutely awesome.
  67. SamF.
    Apr 14, 2005
    It's not often you find a game that has got everything right. Far Cry Has it all , from graphics to story line and an action packed FPS Game with incredible AI. If you love FPS Games this one must be in your library.
  68. SteveP.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Most FPS
  69. [anonymous]
    Jan 1, 2010
    This is a great game! Especially because it uses the CRYTEC engine WHICH IS GERMAN!!!!! (which makes it perfect!) I dont have anything to say other than that!
  70. JimBob
    Mar 18, 2004
    Mind blowing realism!
  71. Batman
    Mar 25, 2004
    AWESOME AS HELL!!! GRAPHICS MEAN EVERYTHING except performance, but that doesn't mean the game sucks/
  72. CharlesP.
    Mar 27, 2004
    I wish they had a 9.5 option, as this is what I would have voted. This game is awesome. Graphics are amazing and make the game really immersive. I love crawling through the grass, sniping people from far off and see them run around and try to find me. The grass actually hides you (though you can shoot though it), which is something I dont' think has been in a game yet. Best looking I wish they had a 9.5 option, as this is what I would have voted. This game is awesome. Graphics are amazing and make the game really immersive. I love crawling through the grass, sniping people from far off and see them run around and try to find me. The grass actually hides you (though you can shoot though it), which is something I dont' think has been in a game yet. Best looking game to date. Will hold you over till Half Life 2 & Doom III. Expand
  73. JackH.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Ive never given a game a perfect 10 before, but in my personal opinion, this is one of the best games I have ever played. I downloaded the demo and it was only a single level, but I played it so much as if it was a full game. Thats because each time you play you can do so many different things. The physics in the game are amazing, and as for the graphics, the whole reason that I upgraded Ive never given a game a perfect 10 before, but in my personal opinion, this is one of the best games I have ever played. I downloaded the demo and it was only a single level, but I played it so much as if it was a full game. Thats because each time you play you can do so many different things. The physics in the game are amazing, and as for the graphics, the whole reason that I upgraded to a Radeon 9800 XT, are mindblowing and I have yet to see anything better. To me, buying this game is a no brainer. Easily one of the best games of the year, but don't believe me, who the hell am I anyway, just download the demo and find out for yourself how great this game is. Expand
  74. Phil
    Mar 29, 2004
    This game has it all. A great step forward technologically in my opinion. As long as you have the hardware (and even if you do, the knowhow to set it up correctly), you will see some things never before accomplished in the genre.
  75. SAM
    Mar 7, 2004
    Yeah, i love it!
  76. JamesE.
    Mar 7, 2004
    Simply fantastic
  77. ShaunaB.
    Apr 12, 2004
    Beautiful environments and incredibly human A.I. = damn good game. Yes, it's a bit of a system hog, but if you have a solid rig, this is a must.
  78. KellyO.
    Apr 12, 2004
    Draw distance paradise! Who needs to wait for "Full Life 2"?
  79. JM
    Apr 1, 2004
    The first game in years that I looked at my watch and said, "holy schnitsky, is it that late?!" Best game I have played in ages, and I've played 'em all. Go to the store now and buy this game. You will not be disappointed!!!!
  80. UndrGrnd
    Apr 21, 2004
    This game is AWESOME if you have a speedy system and a very good one if not. I played Splinter Cell 2 in a P4 (2.0Gh) with a 128Mb 4X Card and a 256Mb 8X one. The differences were minor. I played FarCry the same way and the differences were HUGE. The gameplay is stealthy and open enough but you have to kill almost every motherf
  81. MarcB.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Das ist der helle Wahnsinn.
  82. J.W.
    Apr 20, 2004
    I'm like almost everyone else, full of praise. It is good. Really good, you just have to play it!
  83. BJ
    Apr 27, 2004
    Great looking game with good gameplay and nice MP setup. The plot is a little lame but it doesnt effect the game. The fact you cant save your game b/c it's done automatically sucks and is my main issue (FC also could have done w/o the low poly monsters but thats part of the plot I guess :-T ). Great vehicles that let you explore some huge levels and even more fun in MP games. Finally Great looking game with good gameplay and nice MP setup. The plot is a little lame but it doesnt effect the game. The fact you cant save your game b/c it's done automatically sucks and is my main issue (FC also could have done w/o the low poly monsters but thats part of the plot I guess :-T ). Great vehicles that let you explore some huge levels and even more fun in MP games. Finally A Game Worth the Money! Expand
  84. RoddersPlodders
    Apr 5, 2004
    This game seemed to come from now where, no hype or big P.R. drive so i knew nothing about it until its release after playing it i have to say it's great fun and exellent graphics everything you look for in a game. Anybody giving this game a low score cant have played it.
  85. GodDog
    May 3, 2004
    This is one of the best games EVER! how the hell can u rate it under an 8 the graphics and sound are the best ever!
  86. EricW.
    Jun 25, 2004
    An amazing game due to it's sheer size and graphics. You don't have to go staight to a point and complete a mission, you can circle the entire island on all forms of transportation and look at the lush environments, then proceed and cap the heads of mercenaries. The only flaw that I found was the cliche monsters that appear mid through the game. I absolutely loved the game until An amazing game due to it's sheer size and graphics. You don't have to go staight to a point and complete a mission, you can circle the entire island on all forms of transportation and look at the lush environments, then proceed and cap the heads of mercenaries. The only flaw that I found was the cliche monsters that appear mid through the game. I absolutely loved the game until it got to the typical "Oh no, monsters, welcome to Doom 2". Easily my favorite parts of the game are when you're in the jungle and hunting mercs.. And the havok engine, which is also used in Painkiller, is by FAR thhe best engine on ANY system. You all should be glad we can shoot through the enemy's legs now. One step closer to realism. Expand
  87. SantaClaws
    Jul 2, 2004
    This game has awesome graphics. The people that say it has bad controls....whats wrong with them, its like the same controls on every other fps shooter game. autosave isnt that bad.
  88. Graham
    Aug 5, 2004
    This game will show you something you've never seen before - huge outdoor long distance battles. And it's seriously revolutionary. But once you have got used to that (and it will take a fair bit of getting used to admittedly), you'll see the rest of the game is a fairly standard (albeit very pretty) shooter. The AI is good, the physics I like, the level design is (huge This game will show you something you've never seen before - huge outdoor long distance battles. And it's seriously revolutionary. But once you have got used to that (and it will take a fair bit of getting used to admittedly), you'll see the rest of the game is a fairly standard (albeit very pretty) shooter. The AI is good, the physics I like, the level design is (huge areas aside) like the norm, difficulty immense (play it on easy - it's as hard as normal on other games), and it's pretty scary at some points too. Bear in mind the multiplayer is way below par - buy this for the single player game only. And a comment about power - I have a top spec rig, and still it's only playable on medium settings. I wouldn't touch this until you've got a really powerful machine. Well worth a look, but unless you're a "get your money's worth" type of gamer, you probably won't play it through. Expand
  89. MattN.
    Sep 22, 2005
    Absolute gem of a game. Fantastic lush scenery (specially if you can run it at full values). The pacing is quite sedate (though not boring), it's not a constant stream of enemies that need blasting but when the action does happen it's intense. I had no problem at all with the save feature (playing on medium).And the highly detailed if slightly cartoon like characters suit the Absolute gem of a game. Fantastic lush scenery (specially if you can run it at full values). The pacing is quite sedate (though not boring), it's not a constant stream of enemies that need blasting but when the action does happen it's intense. I had no problem at all with the save feature (playing on medium).And the highly detailed if slightly cartoon like characters suit the story perfectly. While both this and Half Life 2 are both FPS they take completely differnet paths to achieve the same thing. Expand
  90. MarcelG.
    Mar 30, 2006
    the best first person shoter i have played still now 1 and a half years later.
  91. KlausF.
    May 8, 2006
    THIS GAME ROCKS! I mean where should I start. The A.I is the smartest, levels are HUGE! And it's actually challenging this game is one hell of a ride you'll never forget!
  92. GaryB.
    Oct 24, 2007
    A good game will be played over. A great game will be played over and over. Far Cry is the game that continues to reveal new ways to accomplish the gametasks. There are almost an unlimited way to travel in the game. If you're tired of crawling through narrow tunnels, Far Cry is the answer. Great story line and graphics too.
  93. JordanM.
    Oct 7, 2007
    To begin i give this game a 10.... this game is so good its makes me want to touch myself. I have beaten it on its hardest difficulty lvl 3 times. each time has offered new adventures with hidden shortcuts, never before seen areas, and some stuff i never thought AI could do. I dont get why some people dont like this game, everyone i have talked to simply didnt like it because it was "too To begin i give this game a 10.... this game is so good its makes me want to touch myself. I have beaten it on its hardest difficulty lvl 3 times. each time has offered new adventures with hidden shortcuts, never before seen areas, and some stuff i never thought AI could do. I dont get why some people dont like this game, everyone i have talked to simply didnt like it because it was "too hard" and said that the AI was dumb. The amazing thing about this game is as the difficulty level rises, the AI gets better.... so if you play on a wussy difficulty lvl the AI will suck. so dont complain if you cant take the 4 bullets = dead callenge. The AI relies on sound and vision to detect you hence you can use thick underbrush and decoy noise to your advantage... if you play smart, you can kick some ass. if you run in like rambo, you are not gonna have fun. Expand
  94. DavidR
    Oct 23, 2009
    A great game with two great spin-offs...Crysis and FarCry2.
  95. Marlon
    Oct 25, 2009
    A brilliant game with great graphics and an amazing setup and story. You'll get a thrill out of this game!
  96. JackC.
    Dec 23, 2004
    There is not much to talk about absolutely stunning.
  97. Flo
    Mar 11, 2004
    This game is hot! You won´t believe it´s out of germany! Download the demo and enjoy the caribean sun in this FPS.
  98. OsqE.
    Mar 19, 2004
    It's absolutely brilliant. I've played this game, and I think it is the game of next generation. Sure thing average pints over 90.
  99. OsqE.
    Mar 19, 2004
  100. PaulB.
    Mar 20, 2004
    The Graphics are the best I have ever seen.. The AI is nothing short of miraculous. This is the game I have been waiting for. Run out and buy it now!!!

1. The game has plenty going for it. Most notably the AI which rivals just about any human that I've played against. What is most interesting is that the AI plays fair. It doesn't have ESP.
  2. It's like being stranded right smack in the middle of an action-packed B grade movie, and while I'd probably fall asleep half way through the flick, I stayed wide awake and my adrenaline was pumping as mad while playing Far Cry.
    Far Cry is the total package; outstanding gameplay, completely groundbreaking graphics, and a storyline and plot filled with surprises and heart pounding excitement.