7.1

1. Apr 14, 2011
    I don't see how this is a 'game for farmer people'. Even normal, real, everyday farming would be more interesting than this terrible game. It is the most meaningless and dull game I have ever come across in my life.
    Not to mention buggy. It only takes a tiny tree stump to completely derail your massive (and slow) combine harvester.
    The map is massive and the vehicles are slow, meaning it
    The map is massive and the vehicles are slow, meaning it can take almost 10 minutes to get to the other fields. Fields take 5-10 minutes for each stage of the process: Plowing, sowing, spraying, harvesting, threshing. That's almost an hour of directing your buggy and slow vehicle up and down a field.

I played this game for about 3 hours (I don't know why) and didn't even get up to the stage of selling anything, so I can't tell you about that part. It may be where the action is (but I doubt it).

I honestly don't understand how this has received so many positive scores.
  2. Jul 24, 2012
    You should get paid to have to play this game. Literally. If doing nothing but sitting on a tractor or combine and driving around thrills you, then this game is for you. However as far as actually 'simulating' a farm, this game is terrible. Cons: Horrible Horrible HORRIBLE AI. You can 'hire' employee's which amounts to simply automating a few of the tasks such as cultivating or harvestingYou should get paid to have to play this game. Literally. If doing nothing but sitting on a tractor or combine and driving around thrills you, then this game is for you. However as far as actually 'simulating' a farm, this game is terrible. Cons: Horrible Horrible HORRIBLE AI. You can 'hire' employee's which amounts to simply automating a few of the tasks such as cultivating or harvesting a field. However, whatever means the game uses to automate these tasks is simply terrible. For example, put a plow on automatic and you'll come back to find that even though the field is perfectly rectangular, your 'employee' decided to plow at a random angle, leaving vast triangles of unplowed, or unharvested field. Less often, but even more annoying, they will just randomly decide that turning around in the middle of the field is a good option and will stop when they get to the end. Another AI problem is the "dynamic world" which amounts to spawned vehicles which amount to creating an obstacle course. If one of them CAN pull out in front of you... they will. Other problems include tasks that are totally meaningless. Such as cultivating and plowing. There is no need to plow at all. The yield of a field will not change at all if you cultivate and plow before drilling. Though I have not had a chance to test it, I suspect other features, such as spraying, slurry, and all the other fertilizing processes will have limited if any impact on the crop yield. Another problem is that there is no way to evaluate a crop or field, and there is no interface that lets you evaluate the world. You have no idea how a field is doing until you harvest it, and yield is determined by how many trailers you pull off of it. I am guessing the reason for this is that nothing you do ever affects yield anyway. You put the seeds in the ground and harvest them when they're ready. Not much "simulating" going on.

The world pretends to be dynamic by adding people, AI cars, and weather. But none of these have an apparent impact on the game. You can not interact with any of them, other than rain/hail will stop your harvesters, and cars make good objects to run into. The mock-dynamic market prices are really just randomly raised/lowered prices that in no way reflect how much you are selling or who you are selling to. Want to take a shortcut through that field that is ready to harvest? No problem. The yield will be the same. No trampling. Pros: It is visually appealing. Most player controlled equipment is very realistic... that's about it. If playing a game where doing nothing but driving tractors around, with little to no impact on how things turn out, this is your game.
  3. Dec 16, 2012
    I like agricultural games, but this doesnt seems to me some great one. Honesty I think that Old Village Simulator 1962 and Farm Machines Championships 2013 are much better in this category.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Aug 5, 2011
    Anyway, when it comes to the bottom line, Farming Simulator 2011 is really not bad at all.
  2. Mar 4, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 24, 2011
    Also, I'm pretty sure my farm is under surveillance by Interpol, because identical gunmetal grey FWDs keep spooling past on the highway just near my barn. [Mar 2011, p.73]