5.9

1. Jun 21, 2011
    I have played FEAR 3 on the PC and Xbox and this game is the best game so far this summer!... Co-op Campaign, Playing as Fettel is unique and pretty sweet (you can possess enemies!), one of the best FPS cover systems period, extremely cool scoring system, and some really unique & fun Co-op Multiplayer Modes... AND because of the Scoring System and Co-op/Multiplayer the replay-ability ofI have played FEAR 3 on the PC and Xbox and this game is the best game so far this summer!... Co-op Campaign, Playing as Fettel is unique and pretty sweet (you can possess enemies!), one of the best FPS cover systems period, extremely cool scoring system, and some really unique & fun Co-op Multiplayer Modes... AND because of the Scoring System and Co-op/Multiplayer the replay-ability of FEAR 3 is through the roof!!!... NOTE:This is NOT Call Of Duty nor is it trying to be COD (which I think is refreshing)... Expand
  2. May 30, 2012
    It's a shame that F.E.A.R. 3 will always be remembered as an un-scary horror game, rather then as a stellar and clever shooter. As a counterpart to real horror like Amnesia or System Shock 2, F.E.A.R. 3 manages to fail spectacularly. The earlier F.E.A.R.'s may have added some glaringly non-scary mechanics in favor of the shooting, but at least they added a splashing of truly creepyIt's a shame that F.E.A.R. 3 will always be remembered as an un-scary horror game, rather then as a stellar and clever shooter. As a counterpart to real horror like Amnesia or System Shock 2, F.E.A.R. 3 manages to fail spectacularly. The earlier F.E.A.R.'s may have added some glaringly non-scary mechanics in favor of the shooting, but at least they added a splashing of truly creepy moments. The 3rd installment doesn't manage even that. But if you toss out the horror label, you're left with a ambitious shooter with some interesting horror trappings, some re-playability, interesting tactics, a dash of Silent Hill-esque metaphorical monsters, and that rare sort of secondary multiplayer component that tries to break the mold and do something new. F.E.A.R. 3 is like opening up a candy bar and getting Bacon: You may feel let down because you wanted candy, but if you get past that, it's still damn tasty. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    I remember when I first played the original FEAR on the PC and how much it scared the crap out of me. That was in 2004 and FEAR offered a really unique experience for its time. Then FEAR 2 came out 5 years later and had pretty much the same mechanics, but it was just...not nearly as scary and had a bland plot. Don't get me wrong, I loved FEAR 2. It was full of awesome action and I neverI remember when I first played the original FEAR on the PC and how much it scared the crap out of me. That was in 2004 and FEAR offered a really unique experience for its time. Then FEAR 2 came out 5 years later and had pretty much the same mechanics, but it was just...not nearly as scary and had a bland plot. Don't get me wrong, I loved FEAR 2. It was full of awesome action and I never get tired of wiping out an entire room of cloned super-soldiers in slow motion. Oh, and don't forget the awesome melee combat. I was afraid they removed it in FEAR 3 until I leveled up for the first time and unlocked the slide kick. It felt good to know that Monolith hadn't abandoned one of the best things about the series.

Anyway, FEAR 3 is like FEAR 2, except it's...even less scary and the story is even less interesting. However, I didn't buy the game expecting it to scare me whilst keeping me enthralled in its story, but I certainly hoped it would. FEAR 3's multiplayer features are definitely the highlight of the game. The contraction scenario is definitely my favorite.

In shot, if you buy this game expecting it to match the charm of the first game in every way, you will definitely be disappointed. But if you're in to cooperative and other awesome multiplayer game modes, topped with the core features that make every FEAR game unique from other shooters, then you will like this game.

Some other tidbits I should mention are performance. The game runs great on my PC with max settings, but I have anti-aliasing off, otherwise it's a slide show. My specs are as follows:

Nvidia GTS 250 512mb

Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13 ghz CPU

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

If you can run FEAR 2, then you can run this game just as easily, if not better.
  4. Jun 21, 2011
    Absolutely the best in the Fear series. This is the Fear that I have been waiting for since the inception of the series. The A.I. of the enemy troops is brilliant. They flank, flush out with grenades, and work to put you in the most tactical mindset I have ever seen in a game. The weapons and controls (XBox 360 controller) are the best I have played so far in a PC FPS game. EverythingAbsolutely the best in the Fear series. This is the Fear that I have been waiting for since the inception of the series. The A.I. of the enemy troops is brilliant. They flank, flush out with grenades, and work to put you in the most tactical mindset I have ever seen in a game. The weapons and controls (XBox 360 controller) are the best I have played so far in a PC FPS game. Everything feels perfect, the fighting, the atmosphere, and the A.I. "GET THIS GAME!!!" It is flawless. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2011
    FEAR 3 is a solid 8.5, though half-numbers cannot be chosen on the slider, so I chose "8" as the game's score. With the exception of the FOV (which needs to be better for the PC version) and some low res textures, FEAR 3 still looks great maxed-out, and even more impressively, is a seriously fun game. It's a mix between the best of the FEAR series (though a little lower on the visualsFEAR 3 is a solid 8.5, though half-numbers cannot be chosen on the slider, so I chose "8" as the game's score. With the exception of the FOV (which needs to be better for the PC version) and some low res textures, FEAR 3 still looks great maxed-out, and even more impressively, is a seriously fun game. It's a mix between the best of the FEAR series (though a little lower on the visuals scale), and though not quite as "dark" and horrifying in atmosphere as the first in the series, it's definitely atmospheric. FEAR 3 brings together action with atmosphere, incredible lighting (and I don't just mean effects, I mean coloration and mood), an excellent (and extremely fun and intuitive) movement and cover system, excellent sound and ambient effects, excellent gun play in both feel and sound, and astounding A.I. that really plays extremely smart. They'll take cover in a very natural manner, while moving around the environment, flanking in various ways from various positions, call out to one another as to exactly where you are, and use their weapons efficiently. FEAR 3 is not just "run and gun", in the sense that, you will need everything at your disposal in order to survive. You're not loaded with tons of ammo and will run out at times, needing to take cover, use melee and grab a fallen enemy's weapon to resupply. The pacing is great, though there are no quick saves, which isn't a huge deal, as while the game offers a challenge, it's reasonable if you're smart and quick. I was so engrossed in the game, I played it straight through to the end in one sitting, at if you don't rush (in most parts you cant anyway) it's just over five hours, maybe close to six. Though a little short, the option to play through again as Fettle is brilliant, and even more fun than going through as the main protagonist. There is something incredibly addictive about using Fettle's powers, and it's an absolute blast, offering a lot more variety to the gameplay due to his powers. I thoroughly enjoyed the first playthrough a lot, but only thirty minutes in while playing as Fettle, and I'm having twice the fun already. While A.I. modeling could be a bit better, it's not bad, and there's still dismemberment depending on where the enemy takes damage, to which they react (grabbing their should at a blown-off arm, limping with a blasted leg) and the gore is prominent in the game. While it might not have quite the visuals of the rest of the series, it's thoroughly enjoyable and, with Fettle's powers and the co-op/multiplayer (which I haven't even gotten to yet), is far more creative and a blast to play. I only wish is were a bit longer and the FOV was adjustable, but maxed-out at 1920x1200 it runs beautifully and looks far better than the console footage and screenshots would have you believe. If you're looking for a truly fun shooter with fun mechanics, I'd definitely recommend grabbing FEAR 3. The only technical issues I've had were one random lock-up/crash, and twice, the game windowed itself and it was a little annoying trying to get it un-windowed, but that's it for technical issues. Recommended! Expand
  6. op8
    Jun 23, 2011
    i will admit that i like it but it is still inferior to the best in the series which is still the original FEAR!!!!the cover system is unnecassary and i really wish they hadnt made the combat focused around it. the gunplay in the original game was awseome and you only needed lean and crouch even on extreme....and i was also hoping they would have health packs.....oh well :(....... givingi will admit that i like it but it is still inferior to the best in the series which is still the original FEAR!!!!the cover system is unnecassary and i really wish they hadnt made the combat focused around it. the gunplay in the original game was awseome and you only needed lean and crouch even on extreme....and i was also hoping they would have health packs.....oh well :(....... giving it a 8/10 coz i'm such a FEAR head. Expand
  7. Jul 15, 2011
    Despite the numerous, and not totally unjustified, remarks about the game being consolized, none of them really detract from FEAR 3 still being a solid game. The atmosphere and gameplay from the first two games remains, and this entry basically draws the whole story to a conclusion. The real shine to the game is playing as Paxton Fettel, which brings back memories of Messiah, exceptDespite the numerous, and not totally unjustified, remarks about the game being consolized, none of them really detract from FEAR 3 still being a solid game. The atmosphere and gameplay from the first two games remains, and this entry basically draws the whole story to a conclusion. The real shine to the game is playing as Paxton Fettel, which brings back memories of Messiah, except without being suck.

If I had to say anything negative, it would be the need to unlock Fettel on each level instead of having him playable from the get go, as he is the far more enjoyable character to play.
  8. Aug 29, 2013
    Lacking in the single-player department, but one of the most fun games I've played in co-op. The asymmetrical nature of the co-op campaign leaves plenty of different ways to approach the levels. I realize its a fair departure for the series, but taken as it is, quite the fun game to play with a friend.
  9. Apr 26, 2014
    f.e.a.r 3 is best horror game.
    i like f.e.a.r 3 my favorite horror game
    very good ! i have played fear 3 on the pc
    this game gets a 10 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  10. Jun 22, 2011
    Perfect follow-up to F.E.A.R. 2, the new "Leveling" system is something I really liked- no more hunting to try and get 5 hours of slow-motion, it progresses naturally as well as the rest of your character. The AI is much better than the previous game (it seamed like you could just get head shots for days in the previous because they'd never hide right.) Playing as Fettel? Pretty awesomePerfect follow-up to F.E.A.R. 2, the new "Leveling" system is something I really liked- no more hunting to try and get 5 hours of slow-motion, it progresses naturally as well as the rest of your character. The AI is much better than the previous game (it seamed like you could just get head shots for days in the previous because they'd never hide right.) Playing as Fettel? Pretty awesome and makes the campaign replayable another time so despite having a... I guess 4-5 hour campaign you can double that or at least another 3 hours. I've yet to play the multiplayer, but that seems to be everyones favorite part! I can't help but give this game a 10 if you love F.E.A.R. Expand
  11. Jun 23, 2011
    I remember playing CoD: Black Ops and raging every time the game took away control so it could do some awful exposition of the 'story' and 'characters'. I remember playing Front Mission: Evolution and raging every time the game would force me to play in a specific play-style. F.E.A.R 3, or F.3.A.R to annoy the grammatically correct snobs, is one of the most enjoyable FPS I have playedI remember playing CoD: Black Ops and raging every time the game took away control so it could do some awful exposition of the 'story' and 'characters'. I remember playing Front Mission: Evolution and raging every time the game would force me to play in a specific play-style. F.E.A.R 3, or F.3.A.R to annoy the grammatically correct snobs, is one of the most enjoyable FPS I have played since the beginning of the year, or since HALO: Reach for that matter. I am a big fan of single-player FPS that can draw me in whether because of the story, level-design, set pieces, and the little tidbits that do not involve a forced turret section. And man did F3 not disappoint.

For starters, I don't believe that a game where your character is equipped to fight WW3, can be scary. To be truly scary, your character need to feel weak in the face of danger. From F.E.A.R to F.E.A.R 3, I don't think there was any real danger to your character. For people who paid attention to the story, ALMA never tried to hurt the pointman, because he was her son. So, it's interesting to see this time around that Alma is not the real threat, but a much more dangerous foe.

The story aside, the game is a basic cube shooter. Go from one room to the next, fight off wave of enemies, using your slo-mo or uber reflexes to fend them off, navigate a grostesque setting that uses same old tricks to instill fear, though, failing at it the majority of the times. The enemies we face are Armacham's grunts who really are just cannon fodder for the pointman to get rid of in a super soldier's fashion. They get shot in the head, maimed, blown to pieces and what have you. There's nothing special about their AI, but the experience does feel great, from how your weapons handle themselves to the extra tidbits as in, hohoho, ironsight!. But the challenge gets a bumped up when you face off the Ghost soldiers, and the Commanders who have received a few bonuses to make you feel like its a boss fight. And I loved every moment of it.

As I mentioned, I hate turret sections. Usually used to pad some length into most video games, I felt that F.E.A.R's take on this little extra is much more interesting. Hop into a mech, which can be used during only 3 instances in the entire game, one being optional and providing a bigger challenge on foot, but worthwhile on co-op to increase the length and for sight seeing purposes. The Mech sections in F3 was much more entertaining than the ones in the previous FEAR, and I definitely hope to see DLCs with more mech action. Next, the multiplayer. I used to enjoy a decent amount of MP playtime, but when a game with an amazing SP section has a MP that was added just because everyone is doing the same, it just doesn't feel that great. We have CoD for the TDM/DM frenzies, and CoD has mastered that part beautiful no matter how the haters feel about it. F3's take on the MP, is definitely the main reason to hold on to the game. Get 3 more friends, and fight off wave of enemies, and mechs in F3's take on horde mode. Next, you have soul king, where the PvP takes place. Each player starts off as a voracious soul who wants to possess and consume as many hapless clone's souls as possible. But that's only the start, you can fight each other's off, and murder the ghost of the other players to steal their skulls. Believe me when I say, this mode takes more skill than any DM/TDM focused game.

Finally, in terms of performance, the game performed wonderfully on my machine. No mouse lag, no random FPS drop. Considering that most games these days are ported, I couldn't say with certitude how it will handle on your rig.

To conclude, I omited to talk about Fettel's role. Once you beat a mission, you get to replay it as Fettel. And Fettel plays exactly like the Soul Hunter in the MP mode, Soul King. Definitely another layer of FUN in the game.

So, if you like Single-player FPS, and want extras that cater to your lonewolf's antics, this game is for you.
  12. Oct 7, 2011
    I have to say, that this is the best zombie game ever, and one of the best games of 2011 . Awesome campaign, Huge co-op, and Epic multiplayer. In the end, this game is worth the money.
  13. Jan 7, 2012
    I love F.E.A.R. games and this one is no exception. I also love first person shooters the most, and FEAR3 is an improvenent to previous versions I believe. The FPS experience got an improvement and the AI is less predictable. The one thing I didnt see an improvement on was the graphics, the scary scenes, and the XPS computer logos on the screens. Graphics remain the same, if not worst, II love F.E.A.R. games and this one is no exception. I also love first person shooters the most, and FEAR3 is an improvenent to previous versions I believe. The FPS experience got an improvement and the AI is less predictable. The one thing I didnt see an improvement on was the graphics, the scary scenes, and the XPS computer logos on the screens. Graphics remain the same, if not worst, I play it at 1080p,using an nvidia gtx460 at medium settings on DX11 and doesnt look better that the one from 6 year ago. Also the scary scenes are not as suspenseful or nerve wracking as the first one. And last, where are the XPS computer logos ??? I miss them so much, specially since I am playing on a pc. We want the logo of the sponsoring computer company back, even if its not Dell, please. Putting that aside, this is the greatest game ever. Expand
  14. Jun 29, 2011
    I was worried about FEAR 3 as it was in the hands of a different developer. But they (day 1 studios) proved fairly true to the FEAR franchise with FEAR 3, although not as many scares or jumpy sections as i would of liked, it still provided a few moments where i did jump. It doesn't really use any new techniques to scare the player either which is partially why i would say its not tooI was worried about FEAR 3 as it was in the hands of a different developer. But they (day 1 studios) proved fairly true to the FEAR franchise with FEAR 3, although not as many scares or jumpy sections as i would of liked, it still provided a few moments where i did jump. It doesn't really use any new techniques to scare the player either which is partially why i would say its not too scary. Graphics have certainly improved compared to FEAR 2, the fog/mist and lighting effects in this game are nothing but SUPERB! I do not understand the few people who claim it has bad graphics, sure it occasionally has a low resolution texture here and there...but they aren't too common. I run this game comfortably at 60fps with vsync on and everything max, although it dips rarely. (i5-750, 4gb ram ATI HD6970) Multiplayer is certainly entertaining in FEAR 3, with 4 different game modes and co-op campaign, there's more to do after you finish single player which is certainly an improvement over FEAR 2. It clearly is a console port, and mouse controls although work fine...just seem and feel a bit weird (i ended up using a 360 controller for it) A new cover system is introduced which works fairly well, which i often made use of during my time playing. FEAR 3 tells and explains the story better than its predecessors as well, through cgi cinematic's, memory playback style technique in-game, and lines the characters say. I have to say AGAIN i love the fog/mist/lighting effects in this game, it is used extremely well which creates a very FEARful atmosphere :) The graphics in this simply surpass FEAR 2 easily, and i have no clue as to why there are people claiming FEAR 2's graphics are better maybe they have crap PC's? Maybe they haven't been through all the video settings? Who knows.......Basically if you enjoy a good shooter, a few scares , and multiplayer/co op then this is a game for you. Expand
  15. Jul 17, 2012
    over all awesome great fantastic game with friends multiplayer lots of fun i give it a 10 should be lower but we need more people downloading and playing this game come on guys give it a shot spread with friend you will enjoy it
  16. Jun 28, 2011
    I really like that kind of 3D shooter "horror movie", so very good graphics Directx 11, superb audio atmosphere, AI is very interesting.., the level of difficulty is correct (checkpoint). The game is fun, I give 9 score.
  17. Jul 24, 2011
    it is good game but less creepy maybe disappoint you. nonetheless except that, this game is overall well. if you satisfy previous game-FEAR,FEAR2-, you would like it too.
  18. Dec 15, 2013
    Day 1 Studios gave the new F.E.A.R. game the refreshing stimulus the franchise has deserved after the second entry. While F.E.A.R. 2 was a solid FPS it was also old with ageing mechanics that couldn't held up against the best in the genre. The latest game became modernish with updated gameplay mechanics. On one hand it was a good decision (it had to be done), on other side it isn't uniqueDay 1 Studios gave the new F.E.A.R. game the refreshing stimulus the franchise has deserved after the second entry. While F.E.A.R. 2 was a solid FPS it was also old with ageing mechanics that couldn't held up against the best in the genre. The latest game became modernish with updated gameplay mechanics. On one hand it was a good decision (it had to be done), on other side it isn't unique enough to separate itself from the competition.

F.3.A.R starts off 8 months after the second game. Point Man is our protagonist once again and he has to team up with his long gone brother, Fettel to get out of a prison and find his squad mate, Jin, who is in danger. Paranormal activities are a big part of this game too. Only this time around Alma isn't the antagonist, but something called the Creep. The story of the game won't leave any deep marks in you. It's flat and uninteresting. It's hard to take the story seriously when it doesn't prove its worthiness. Your personal goal will be reaching checkpoints after checkpoints to beat campaign. And it will be done after just around 6 hours. It's a shame really because with a more intriguing story this game could have made a mark.

Luckily F.E.A.R. 3 isn't short on content. Not at all. After completing the campaign you can kill your time with various game modes. Many of them are essentially a modified version of the original campaign, but the changes made in those modes are not only worth a try but also great fun. The campaign is made of 8 intervals, each of them takes around 30-45 minutes to complete. After completing an interval you can replay it as Point Man or Fetter with all its unique psychic abilities. He has the ability to posses common enemies. You'll appreciate the change of pace.

Also, you can hop in a co-op campaign with your friend. One controls Fettel the other Point Man. It isn't a novelty at all, but great to see the developer putting in the game options like this. When you exploit everything the single player modes can offer there is a multiplayer option in the game. Sadly the multiplayer of the third game was never as popular as the first game's MP. If you want to try this option most likely you have to play with your own friends as very few gamers are left playing F.3.A.R. over the internet.

Moving to different territories, the looks of the game are passable. It's isn't a beautiful, nor a bad looking game. To its defense they put more emphasis on minor details, so this time a book on a table will actually look like one instead of a bunch of blurred pixels. The gameplay has been completely refreshed. The previous game in the franchise was getting old and set back by wrong decisions during the development. Not this game though. It feels like a modern shooter where you bullets do matter. When you shoot a soldier in this feet he grabs it or tumbles and the gunfight is much more vivid and powerful. Day 1 made the right decisions to cut the useless features and refresh the remaining ones. It's a great shooter, but beyond that it offers nothing more. Nothing that could differentiate this game from the others.

Fear in F.E.A.R. 3 is almost non existent. There are moments here and there when you'll look around suspiciously, but that's about it. The franchise has switched genres over the years. From psychological horror it became a solid action oriented shooter. We can't say it was a bad decision, but we can say that there isn't many horror games in the market while there's a legion of action shooters to choose from; good, bad or worse. It's a pity that in this era a franchise has to get more action oriented to survive, and sometimes even that might not be enough. Again, F.E.A.R. 3 is a great shooter and it definitely benefited from the changes made around it, but the industry and the gamers might not.

Rating: 80/100; Replay Value: 3/5; To Beat: 6 hours; Played on: normal.
  19. Jun 25, 2011
    I love the FEAR franchise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Jan 24, 2012
    FEAR 3 is a fairly good installment into the series but it isn't scary, not at all scary. What it lakes in a scare factor is makes up in its disturbed storyline, since its mainly focused on the "brothers" and their past, what they went through ect. I feel that it was pretty disturbing at times. Visually the game looks good, and it will play on most modern day computers so you do not need aFEAR 3 is a fairly good installment into the series but it isn't scary, not at all scary. What it lakes in a scare factor is makes up in its disturbed storyline, since its mainly focused on the "brothers" and their past, what they went through ect. I feel that it was pretty disturbing at times. Visually the game looks good, and it will play on most modern day computers so you do not need a fancy graphics card, which isn't a bad thing. Day 1 Studios has made a good installment into the Fear series, I do think if Monolith developed it, they would have spent more time, and would have done a better job. As for game play Fear 3's strongest feature would be the co-op mode. Which of course you can play with your friends, one thing I didn't care for much would have to be the little Achievement boxes -so to speak- popping up every five seconds to let you know you did something unimportant. Last thing I'm going to address is the health system, I'm sure most of you are aware that it is regenerating health system, and I'm also sure some or most of you dislike it. Well I think it works for this game, it was meant for co-op so regenerating health makes sense to me, I'm not necessary a fan of it, I prefer carrying around bulky med-kits all around. None the less, Fear 3 is a good game, with Minor flaws any fans of the series will most likely overlook. 8 out of 10. Expand
  21. Jan 29, 2012
    A great game for every gamer, the game combines the fast pace speed of an fps with an amnesia-like horror setting. The console-port disabilities is what's stopping this game from reaching it's greatest potential.
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    This game isn't perfect but it isn't bad either and I don't regret buying and playing through it. The graphics aren't as great as F.E.A.R. 2 but it was a bit more challenging if only because you ran out of ammo faster than in previous games causing you to do more risky maneuvers to get more/survive. Where I thought F.E.A.R. was more action/psycologoically scaryand F.E.A.R. 2 was more inThis game isn't perfect but it isn't bad either and I don't regret buying and playing through it. The graphics aren't as great as F.E.A.R. 2 but it was a bit more challenging if only because you ran out of ammo faster than in previous games causing you to do more risky maneuvers to get more/survive. Where I thought F.E.A.R. was more action/psycologoically scaryand F.E.A.R. 2 was more in your face scary/action , F.E.A.R. 3 is more action than scary but the scary parts are pretty well done and interesting. I would recommend playing it just to see how the story ends. As that's one part of the game they did a great job on. Expand
  23. Jul 18, 2013
    This is such an under-rated game. Action/10, Horror/5-6, Story/7, CO-OP/9 and Overall Gameplay/8. Fear 3 has a bit of everything and it blends together SO well. Using Paxton Fettle is fantastic, the machanics of it just feels so right and this game is honestly one of the best CO-OP games I've played in a while. A must have but maybe not for it's full price.
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    Sound: Decent themes, voice acting is decent, some scenes that add horror sound effects, not as good as previous FEAR games but they were average. 7.

Graphics: Seen better graphics but they still look great. 8.5. Gameplay: The game focuses more on action, but there’s still a good amount of Alma creepiness. It’s on par or probably a little better than FEAR 2, but FEAR 1 still

Graphics: Seen better graphics but they still look great. 8.5.

Gameplay: The game focuses more on action, but there’s still a good amount of Alma creepiness. It’s on par or probably a little better than FEAR 2, but FEAR 1 still takes the cake for horror/intensity. The gunplay is excellent, the guns are great, and the moves are back, oh and did I forget slow-mo. The game gets a rather good difficulty spike near the middle to end portions of the game, and the boss battles are pretty straightforward. The new co-op mode allows the singleplayer to be enjoyed with a friend, although I’d recommend playing solo due to possible different endings based on who’s stats were better, but I’m not so sure about this, because I played solo. 9.

Story: The story continues from FEAR 2, you play as pointman (FINALLY YES), this is a good thing. He reunites with his brother in spirit form, and you even run into a familiar main character from the second FEAR game. The story wraps up in an excellent ending. 9.5.

Replay Value: If you plan on investing time into the multiplayer (I didn’t) then purchase, nonetheless the single player is only about 6 hours on normal. Got the game for 5 bucks on steam, great deal for me, but since it was a rent price, the score is effected here, and since there’s not much else besides multiplayer to do in this game. 8.5.

Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10.
  25. Jun 5, 2014
    [F.E.A.R.3 - Steam PC - 8/10] Move forward to complete the Story of F.E.A.R. This is a good shooter and horror game, but the horror was reduced compared to the previous episodes, and there are many boss fights and arena style fights. I just got bored enough with the plot. It’s OK. It’s just running and gunning. No real stealth, no interesting missions, nor RPG elements. Yawn. I played this[F.E.A.R.3 - Steam PC - 8/10] Move forward to complete the Story of F.E.A.R. This is a good shooter and horror game, but the horror was reduced compared to the previous episodes, and there are many boss fights and arena style fights. I just got bored enough with the plot. It’s OK. It’s just running and gunning. No real stealth, no interesting missions, nor RPG elements. Yawn. I played this by accident or should I say out of curiosity. Oh well it’s done now. Uninstall.

Released June 2011 and played 3 years later !

[DRM] Steam only, thank goodness there are no GamesForWindowsLive on this title, nor Uplay, nor Origin, nor RockstarSocialClub, I did not have to create an alternative account.

[Story] yada yada yada…. sick scientific experiments create monsters out of people…. scary child - fetus - birth - blood - screams - on screen effects - turn the volume down - yada yada yada.

[Keys] are easy to remap in-game and show up correctly during the in-game instructions

[Game time] 17 hrs. Now move on to the Stick-Of-Truth.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse / Sennheiser HD 600

[Awaiting] BrokenAgeAct2

[NowPlaying] StickOfTruth Sam&MaxSeason3

[MyFavorites] [Win7] JourneyDownUnderEp1 BrokenAgeAct1 TombRaider Dishonored TheKnifeOfDunwall TheBrigmoreWitches TheDreamMachine Ep1-4 30FlightsOfLoving Fez BioshockInfinite Antichamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] Papo&Yo DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born 1964 I do not know anybody who works in the game industry ~ I just enjoy games : - ]
  26. Jul 5, 2014
    A fun game whether you choose single player or coop. Single player is obviously harder, but ti's fun to compete against your coop partner and see who can score the most points each level. I enjoyed having 2 very different characters to play - the standard gun wielding soldier or the ghost brother who can possess enemies. The levels in the game are long and also challenging which is nice.A fun game whether you choose single player or coop. Single player is obviously harder, but ti's fun to compete against your coop partner and see who can score the most points each level. I enjoyed having 2 very different characters to play - the standard gun wielding soldier or the ghost brother who can possess enemies. The levels in the game are long and also challenging which is nice. The story is more paranormal than horror, but there's a few moments that will make you jump. The only negative I have is that the game provides no back story from the previous 2 games which left me a little confused at times. Expand
  27. Feb 10, 2015
    I think it's pretty solid. Not as good as the first two but hey they changed developer, and on the plus side the multiplayer modes are actually far better than in FEAR 2 and possibly the original FEAR as well (although FEAR Combat is still excellent).

Anyway, yeah really good fun overall. Storyline feels a bit cheap at times and it can be a bit repetitive, without the precision that is seen in the first and second games, but again there are upsides because the controls may actually be a bit better and the cover system is cool.

Don't expect a FEAR 2 beater, but expect a solid, fun and memorable experience that you'll probably be tempted to return to and complete again, as I did twice :)
  28. Sep 12, 2014
    F.E.A.R. Gets better with every new game F.E.A.R. 3 is a beautiful addition with new cover system and bloody awesome gameplay tho the beginning seems to be lacking of story and in game scripting compared to F.E.A.R. 2.

F.E.A.R. 3 Feels a little to much like a arcade run and gun at times which bothers me but overall i love F.E.A.R. story,scripting cinematics.

Co-op/No VS

Sound : 8
    Overall : 8

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    The third installment of the Fear series sees the once fresh shooter descending into the mire of modern mainstream gaming, but it is still a fairly compelling play and a fun co-op. [Aug 2011]
  2. Sep 16, 2011
    This game would have been a lot more exciting if it either way genuinely scary or embraces its action parts a lot more. Instead it's stuck in purgatory, as a generic shooter with superficial horror elements.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 29, 2011
    Fear 3 is just good shooter – more thriller than horror game. Duels are almost perfect so you'll be satisfied with them even when they are the only contents this game offers. [Issue#207]