7.6

1. Drakul
    Aug 19, 2006
    Simply amazing.. and it's FREE!
  2. May 18, 2012
    Fantastic multiplayer Game that now rises again! At fear-community you can now finally get cd-keys again. The gameplay, graphics, gore and fun is awesome, maybe even more fun than counter strike source. And this is a FREE game!

My favourite gamemodes are Capture Hold, SlowMo Deathmatch, Capture the Flag. There are even some cool Low Gravity servers!
  3. ChrisH
    Dec 30, 2009
    It's free... It's F.E.A.R, What's not to like?
  4. MichaelJ.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Too high minimum required for this game and too low AI enemy, but sometime I must 10 X restart level.
  5. Fearlessd
    Sep 8, 2006
    Boring, the same gameplay experience as multiplayer games 10 years ago: run around a cramped overcrowded building firing a machine gun. Newer graphics, but its so dark and goes so fast they don't really add much to the experience.
  6. eg
    Dec 4, 2007
    Fear Combat is the one of the best games for multiplayer and hardcore action lovers.
  7. Pierced
    Feb 13, 2009
    F.E.A.R. Combat is a wonderful free multiplayer game. graphics worked for my old computer and my new computer. The gameplay is intense and playing with friends is fun. The only factor that annoyed me was the update with 1.07 to 1.08. I could not update with the Sierra updater. Instead, some guy on Filefront was awesome and put the update on there. That was the only problem I had.
  8. Svenr.
    Aug 2, 2009
    Very nice Mp mode for FEAR. Its as nice a sthe SP mode, not so fll of horror, but as brutal as the SP. The only thing to criticize is, that you need about 5-10bullets to kill someone, but just ONE kick.
  9. doom3killer
    Jul 22, 2007
    I feel sorry that people are blaming this game for not running on their systems.. GET A NEW PC this is a great FREE multiplayer game and there is no AI in this game (if u want F.E.A.R.) go buy it at the stores.
  10. DavidK.
    Aug 24, 2006
    I can see why FEAR was renowned for its single player. Graphics in this multiplayer game are excessive considering the fast reflexes required. The guns are very unvarying, and not so well balanced. The game doesn't really feel very fun, even when you get kills yourself.
  11. pointman
    Jul 24, 2007
    Pretty good for a multiplayer.
  12. [anonymous]
    Jul 21, 2008
    Quite an amazing game, need a rather high end pc to run it, but other than that, graphics are beautiful, particle and lighting effects are top notch, gameplay is smooth, fast paced, and the weapons are very well balanced.
  13. ChrisK.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Its Free and its great! (Note: Must have a monster computer to run this game).
  14. Dec 4, 2012
    Made me ill. This game was designed using the latest research on the subject of fear and how to induce it. Very heavy handed stuff; subharmonics, iconic imagery dredged from the collective subconscious, strobe frequencies etc. It's too bad because i liked the game play. Playing this game never failed to give me unpleasant physiological side-effects. No other game i have played has everMade me ill. This game was designed using the latest research on the subject of fear and how to induce it. Very heavy handed stuff; subharmonics, iconic imagery dredged from the collective subconscious, strobe frequencies etc. It's too bad because i liked the game play. Playing this game never failed to give me unpleasant physiological side-effects. No other game i have played has ever done this me and I have played a lot of computer games. Why would I want to pay for this experience? It's my time off...I'm tryin' to relax...have some yuks. Booooooooo-urns Expand
  15. Mar 30, 2011
    I just got on it late i know but if you like getting one shot by hackers, using speed hacks and countless others then this game is for u. worst free FPS ever. if i could give it a - rep i would
  16. Nov 9, 2011
    It's really good but the server browser is just horrible. It's so hard to find a game and jump into- even in 2007 this was the case for me. There are plenty of custom servers with mods and normal servers too but it's so much more hassle to find a game that works than on other free shooters. Overall, the gameplay is quite simple but good. There are like 5 weapons and when you do find gamesIt's really good but the server browser is just horrible. It's so hard to find a game and jump into- even in 2007 this was the case for me. There are plenty of custom servers with mods and normal servers too but it's so much more hassle to find a game that works than on other free shooters. Overall, the gameplay is quite simple but good. There are like 5 weapons and when you do find games it was fun as hell. It sucks you in and keeps you playing. The maps are prett decent too, with the only real issue being that they're too dark. For a free game in 2006, this was incredible. Nowadays, it's not very good. It just doesn't have the same lasting appeal as other popular free shooters. Expand
  17. daddyo
    Aug 30, 2006
    The graphics are SWEET (native widescreen resolution support would be appreciated though) and the gameplay very frantic. Maps are tight and varied. I'd have to agree with David K - there are some weapon balancing issues, but all is forgiven and forgotten the first time you blow some guys head off with a shotgun in slowMo!
    Sep 4, 2006
    Good Game. Video, Audio and Weapons are 7-8 of 10.
  19. JeffG.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Fear is a great game, with a good story, but it feels allittle rushed during gameplay. Requirements are a bit on the highside, but if you are a gamer playing with 3 year old equipment you will have no choice but to turn the settings down (forget playing on most laptops either). What would have added more to the game would be less linear levels, and the ability to travel around freely. Fear is a great game, with a good story, but it feels allittle rushed during gameplay. Requirements are a bit on the highside, but if you are a gamer playing with 3 year old equipment you will have no choice but to turn the settings down (forget playing on most laptops either). What would have added more to the game would be less linear levels, and the ability to travel around freely. Again, not a bad game at all, but it definately can be improved upon. Expand
  20. JoshuaC.
    Aug 25, 2006
    a great sp game now with a great mp, i would play this even if it wasnt free.
  21. DecskiL.
    Aug 17, 2006
    An awesome multiplayer game, fantastic graphics backed up by solid gameplay... Highly Reccomended! And its free!
  22. Jok`R
    Aug 19, 2006
    The game is very boring, except for graphics there is nothing else new. You could take Unreal Tournament and it is the same like FEAR Combat.
  23. JohnJ.
    Aug 25, 2006
    great mutiplayer but single player element are not as good.

1. F.E.A.R. Combat will not revolutionize the FPS genre like "Half-Life" did all those years ago, but it is fun, fast paced, and better than many of the other titles out there. And, you can’t beat the price.
    An early Christmas present from Monolith and it is some violent and vicious online action that looks absolutely gorgeous, although players will need a pretty hefty gaming rig to experience it in all its glory.
  3. Way to go, Vivendi! It is always better to give it away free than let it be forgotten. [Dec 2006]