F.E.A.R. Extraction Point PC

7.5

1. Mar 29, 2013
    I'm honestly baffled that this as a higher score than Perseus Mandate. Still, this is an expansion that rewards F.E.A.R. fans greatly, and is worth every penny, but a little dry. You get some new stuff here and there, but it doesn't exactly boost the expansion up too much. What gets awkward is how the F.E.A.R. 1 expansions split off into a completely different line of story than the oneI'm honestly baffled that this as a higher score than Perseus Mandate. Still, this is an expansion that rewards F.E.A.R. fans greatly, and is worth every penny, but a little dry. You get some new stuff here and there, but it doesn't exactly boost the expansion up too much. What gets awkward is how the F.E.A.R. 1 expansions split off into a completely different line of story than the one that's canon in F.E.A.R. 2 & 3, but that doesn't "ruin" the game. Overall, it doesn't match up to Perseus Mandate, but it's still good for a full playthrough. Expand
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    FEAR had some really satisfying shooting in it and that is all intact in the expansion pack. The combat feels meaty and all the area and weapon effects really brings the combat to life. The story in this game is pretty much non-existent and its basically about you getting to the evac point. And to get there you have to pass trough pretty standard combat areas like a construction site, aFEAR had some really satisfying shooting in it and that is all intact in the expansion pack. The combat feels meaty and all the area and weapon effects really brings the combat to life. The story in this game is pretty much non-existent and its basically about you getting to the evac point. And to get there you have to pass trough pretty standard combat areas like a construction site, a hospital, an office, a train station and let us not forget the sewer. The developers have drenched some of the areas in ridiculous amount of blood to make it fear-like but most areas are really quite grey and unimaginative. There are some new enemies and weapons in the game but players of the original will probably not find a whole lot of new exiting features in this expansion pack. The core gameplay is extremely similar to original which is fine since the original game is by no means bad. The campaign could however be a little bit meatier not to mention actually scary. I didn't get particularly scared at any point in the game despite being a gigantic chicken so the game hardly lives up to its name. The length of the campaign is also a little bit on the short side. This game is by no means bad and its a pretty average first person shooter. Its basically a couple of more hours of the original game which is not a bad deal for a fair price. Expand
  3. NeptuneUK
    Jan 5, 2007
    Excellent singleplayer experience, Lack of multiplayer hurts its overall score as people would love utilising the new weapons online!
  4. ToeNaiL
    Jan 19, 2007
    In the end, this game was a great first person shooter in what has been a bit of a year long dry spell. Personally I found to be just as creepy as the first game if not more so then the original, but even so it was just more so of the same. A few new weapons help to move this game along and there was a little progress to the story but not much. In the end if you loved the original you In the end, this game was a great first person shooter in what has been a bit of a year long dry spell. Personally I found to be just as creepy as the first game if not more so then the original, but even so it was just more so of the same. A few new weapons help to move this game along and there was a little progress to the story but not much. In the end if you loved the original you will love the expansion... if you like more of the same. Great game play, great shoot'em up, but a bit short. Hey at least it was far better then the very disappointing (1 hour).... Half Life 2 Ep.1 Expand
  5. BellinoP.
    Nov 24, 2006
    Great game but way too short for the price
  6. JordanH.
    Nov 25, 2006
    Awesome story line I hate the engine though. I want to know where they guy works out to be able to kill someone in one kick vs 10 bullets to kill somone.
  7. Nov 11, 2010
    Some spooks gives me a heart pain even when I replay the same level and knew when & what the spook is going to be! Still too stupid as how to add in a new cheat to skip pass those spooks if the player wanted to. No prone in this game, but Battlefield 2 and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has prone. But Battlefield 2 has no lean left/right! Multiplayer deathmatch spawn spots are very limitedSome spooks gives me a heart pain even when I replay the same level and knew when & what the spook is going to be! Still too stupid as how to add in a new cheat to skip pass those spooks if the player wanted to. No prone in this game, but Battlefield 2 and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has prone. But Battlefield 2 has no lean left/right! Multiplayer deathmatch spawn spots are very limited (and always stick to a wall or corner) even though the most of the maps are very very big. I won't mind if spawn spots are randomly draw all over a map like in the middle of a room, hallway or corridor. Expand
  8. Mar 17, 2014
    Basically just more FEAR. There's next to nothing new in this expansion. The story is almost non-existent and the FEAR series doesn't even consider it canon. You'll fight your way through the same areas, fighting the same enemies, looking at the same grey color for the entire campaign. Not really worth it unless you're a die-hard FEAR fan itching for more action.
  9. Sep 12, 2014
    Same old same old environments, guns, npc, if ur a fan of Fear than its not all bad still fun combat.

Worth playing at its time a lot of reused environments get old, but the gore and kill satisfaction is still one of the best to date which is sad for how old it is.

Worth $2
  10. Jul 19, 2012
    Coming from an experienced FPS gamer perspective ... F.E.A.R. Extraction Point is a chore to get through. There is way too much health scattered around the place, bullet time can be initiated around every corner letting you easily kill every enemy and the scares are fairly cheap although some are interesting to look at. Save your bandwidth and digitally purchase another game.
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    Its not that this game was bad... its just that it wasn't good x) there was nothing to write home about... No insane plot twists or super fun combat systems that made you turn your head. just boom boom boom explosion explosion explosion
  12. May 6, 2014
    Expansion brings us continuation of the history of first game parts,new weapons and enemies. The game still places can scare, but in my opinion, is not haunted longer so much. Unfortunately not live to see the story of Alma solutions. The game will leave us again with a great amount of questions and fury will look out for in the end credits.
    If you are a fan of the basic parts of the game
    If you are a fan of the basic parts of the game you should play !

1. Today, the added content in this expansion is still fun – but it’s more of a lunch with an old friend than a sizzling date with a hottie you just met.
  2. Although this is essentially more of the same with a couple new elements, it’s executed well. The photorealistic graphics, edgy atmosphere, and riotous gunplay mix masterfully to create phantasmagoric art.
    Even on the highest difficulty setting, Extraction Point is going to take around five hours to beat. Considering only four of the six intervals turn out to be full-featured stages, that's pretty bare bones in terms of price versus gameplay time.