F.E.A.R. PC

8.2

1. Jun 18, 2011
    I grabbed F.E.A.R during the Steam 50% deal (17th June 2011). Having never played any of the FEAR games and not really a FPS fan, I only bought them because they were cheap. This game really surprised me. Graphically it's pretty good and plays at a rock solid 60FPS. The story is interesting and the horror element is well done (lights going out, doors slamming, etc). For me, It's theI grabbed F.E.A.R during the Steam 50% deal (17th June 2011). Having never played any of the FEAR games and not really a FPS fan, I only bought them because they were cheap. This game really surprised me. Graphically it's pretty good and plays at a rock solid 60FPS. The story is interesting and the horror element is well done (lights going out, doors slamming, etc). For me, It's the gun battles and the AI that sell FEAR. Having played many FPS over the years I don't recall any with such clever enemies. If you encounter a group of 4 soldiers and take aim, you fire your weapon they spread out and look for cover. One will fire back while the other 3 will try to outwit you by flanking, throwing a grenade, moving up high, etc. Having never fired a rifle or been in a fire fight, FEAR puts on screen how I would imagine a REAL gun battle would be. You cannot charge in and expect to come out untouched. You have to look for cover and pick each target off one by one while they in turn do the same. The gun sounds are convincing and just about everything you see can be shot at leaving trails of dust, wall tiles, broken boxes and spent extinguishers. FEAR is tons of fun. If you're looking for a great action FPS you can't go wrong with FEAR. Expand
  2. May 14, 2011
    FEAR is one of my personal favorites because it gets a lot of things right for me. The atmosphere, scares, and intriguing story really sets FEAR out to be a creative title. The variety of weapons are fantastic and fun though the environments may become repetitive. Slowly discovering the truth behind Alma and Fettel's past is extremely interesting and the end will leave you very satisfied.FEAR is one of my personal favorites because it gets a lot of things right for me. The atmosphere, scares, and intriguing story really sets FEAR out to be a creative title. The variety of weapons are fantastic and fun though the environments may become repetitive. Slowly discovering the truth behind Alma and Fettel's past is extremely interesting and the end will leave you very satisfied. Overall a great shooter that every PC gamer should try out! Expand
  3. Jun 17, 2011
    Has to be one of the best first person horror shooters ever made. Before F.E.A.R., there was very little to choose from in the action horror genre. Monolith Timegate really did a great job in putting together a quality game that will give you chills. It reminds me of those horror movies like The Ring and The Grudge. It provides the right complement of shooting action combined with wellHas to be one of the best first person horror shooters ever made. Before F.E.A.R., there was very little to choose from in the action horror genre. Monolith Timegate really did a great job in putting together a quality game that will give you chills. It reminds me of those horror movies like The Ring and The Grudge. It provides the right complement of shooting action combined with well placed cut scenes. Many of the enemies are quite unique and offer some serious challenge on the higher difficulty settings. The slow motion feature does make the game a little easy, but you can deliberately not use it. The ideal way to experience this game is to create a scare factor atmosphere by playing it at night with the lights turned off. Highly recommended if you've never played it. Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2013
    Never had a chance to play it, but always heard of it. Finally got it on discount and installed right away, and few hours later I was able to play it. The result...well it was a good game but it definitely needed some variety. And I do mean it. F.E.A.R is basically a story driven shooter with some horror elements that actually do work at times and actually scares you enough to keep goingNever had a chance to play it, but always heard of it. Finally got it on discount and installed right away, and few hours later I was able to play it. The result...well it was a good game but it definitely needed some variety. And I do mean it. F.E.A.R is basically a story driven shooter with some horror elements that actually do work at times and actually scares you enough to keep going and see what's going on. With that said, there's just not enough variety in the action, weapons, levels and also enemies. For starters, the game gives you the possibility to slow time in order to, like the game says, "to pass through challenging parts", which is definitely a great addition, but just overused like crazy because, in short, you'll never, ever, ever, ever engage the enemies without it: the enemies are too strong. I have played at normal but yet the enemies, especially if it's crowded, they can easily eliminate you, also thanks to their amazing AI, which is extremely precise and will help you give a challenge. Just too bad that with the slowmo, the game is a joke and even a player like me who really fails at shooters was able to finish it without dying that much. Also, the weapons in game are too few. You can use only 3 weapons at a time and...this isn't a huge limit because the weapons in game are VERY few, and only 3 types of grenades. On top of that, a lot of weapons don't have ammunition right away so you'll end up either switching for a more common weapon, or just use one for the entire game. The nice thing here however is that you can save your medikits and that really helps a LOT, since you can have up to 10 medikits, although they are rather common. Also you will be able to upgrade your health and focus using some enhancers, which they are scattered all over the level, in which gives you a decent reason to explore properly. Speaking of levels, the game is...very limited as well. Even though the game is very linear, the problem is that you will hardly interact with the enviroment: you cannot move crates, you cannot move anything, you can't even jump over some windows if the game doesn't plan to, but this isn't a very old game and for that reason I'd expect a little more interaction (and variety). Ah, the flashlight is very weak: should light a lot more, and shouldn't have a charge, since that 90% of the game is set in the dark. And for last, but not the least (since you literally get it at the start), the enemies....There is literally one enemy in the entire game (the so called "Replica Soldiers"), and sometimes the enemy will throw to you other variation of those, and sometimes you get "normal" policemen. There is also another type of soldier, a super fast one, the heavy armor ones, mecha-drivers, and another type at the end of the game...and that's it. I probably didn't forget others, but even if I did the enemies are just too few! They are great in actions, but In the end I get too tired of fighting the same soldier cloned to death. On the other hand...I liked the story. It pratically disappears during the middle act, but the start and the end, especially the end, it's great and makes the effort all worth it. There aren't alot of twists and such in the end, but those few twists are very good, but doesn't really make the game worth alone. But it's still a good game to boot though: the setting is rather tense and the game does scare you at times with some well thought scares; the fightings, even if not varied, is fun and gives a good challenge, especially since everyone enjoys to be a super soldier once in a while. I guess the main flaw here is the lack of variety, but if you can pass it, you'll get a good shooter in your hands. Not great, just good. Expand
  5. Mar 19, 2012
    I recently revisited F.E.A.R. for the first time in five years, and to say it's aged well would be a huge understatement. F.E.A.R. is truly creepy - there's very little of the unexpected scares (monsters jumping out at you etc.) that most horror games are filled with, and instead the game relies on the slow buildup of an incredibly tense atmosphere through cutaway flashes and gruesomeI recently revisited F.E.A.R. for the first time in five years, and to say it's aged well would be a huge understatement. F.E.A.R. is truly creepy - there's very little of the unexpected scares (monsters jumping out at you etc.) that most horror games are filled with, and instead the game relies on the slow buildup of an incredibly tense atmosphere through cutaway flashes and gruesome visuals.
    All the weapons (especially the combat shotgun) feel powerful and really pack a punch. Unlike most FPS games I found myself reguarly switching between different guns, rather than sticking to the same three the whole game. The slomo bullet-time feature, despite being done before, was a great addition and added to the tactical gameplay. Using it to blast off your enemies limbs and heads never got old. The AI is really impressive, with soldiers really working together to outflank you or flush you out of cover with grenades. It's true that the levels are somewhat repetitive, but I like how Monolith have payed homage to classic shooters like DOOM and Half-Life in their semi-linear interior layouts; offering the choice to follow the main hallways and storm through the levels, or take the time to explore and be rewarded with medkits, ammo and intriguing voicemail. F.E.A.R. is a huge achievement for Monolith, and despite the lacklustre sequels it will long be known as one of their greatest triumphs.
  6. Aug 30, 2011
    Definitely a genuine tried and true FPS, but at the same time, a very emotive one. I really enjoyed playing this... enough to subsequently replay it twice. One aspect that I particularly liked was the labyrinthine level design. The FPS element is also nicely executed. Overall, a very dark and well executed title.
  7. Feb 8, 2012
    Hands down, best horror game ever. And yes, I have played Amnesia. The incredible A.I, buckets full of blood, paranormal events and that creepy feeling you get when you walk around a corner .. hands down best horror game ever and best game in the F.E.A.R. series. But those robots and automatic defense systems are poor and that's why this is not rated a ten. Get this game, now!
  8. Sep 21, 2011
    so realistic game. and the subject is such original. weapons, environments and game play are fantastic. maybe the game would be more long. my point is 11/10.
  9. Sep 29, 2011
    A horror fps, with very clever scare tactics. Not like your run of the mill horror style shooter, the tension really builds up as you go along, and once you find out the true story of the games, leave you even more shocked. A must play for any fans of fps/psychological horror games.
  10. Nov 4, 2013
    This destroyed my trousers when it first came out. The bullet time "superpower" was a great addition and the story is great. Fantastic shooter. Grab it.
  11. ScottH.
    Jan 20, 2006
    uterly perfect, the game is beautiful creepy and has a great story, the only fault is the very crappy multiplayer. A great buy!
  12. JohnP.
    Oct 22, 2005
    Yes it's repetitive, but as with Max Payne, blasting away endless rooms of goons with the benefit of bullet-time never gets old! Very atmostpheric, nervy gameplay that's more about jumps than horror. You'd better have good reflexes!
  13. LionelS.
    Oct 23, 2005
    I think some people are missing the point. It is impossible for a game to be every other fantastic game ever produced in a genre simultaneously, and it foolish to expect them to be as well. This game does what it sets out to do very well: to create an endless wealth of gunfight possibilities utilizing fantastic particle effects. Not to mention incorporating some fantastic elements of I think some people are missing the point. It is impossible for a game to be every other fantastic game ever produced in a genre simultaneously, and it foolish to expect them to be as well. This game does what it sets out to do very well: to create an endless wealth of gunfight possibilities utilizing fantastic particle effects. Not to mention incorporating some fantastic elements of Asian horror films to create the atmosphere. Heck, I'm still playing it because I enjoy all the various ways I can take out whole squads using different combinations of weapons/tactics. Also, I disagree w/ all the commentary on bad graphics. I thought the game looked extremely tasty on my setup (P4 3.0 Ghz, 1 Gig Ram, 6800GT) with almost all the graphic options enabled. The level design, as some has said, is not mind-blowing. It is, however, good at keeping the action coming. I recommend F.E.A.R. without question, and suggest that you try downloading the single-player demo before you listen to nay-saying posts. Expand
  14. AnonymousMC
    Sep 22, 2005
    This game is great. The physics are unbelievable. I only played the demo, but from what I experienced, I will surely buy this game. Great graphics, environment, and weapons. Story was pretty good from the small demo as well. Great special effects, noticably the physics of the effect that walking and running have on the aim, and control of the character.
  15. Head4K
    Sep 20, 2006
    I haven't played a FPS this good since HL2 and the whole added fun factor of kicking people in the head has rearly opend my eye's to the fact that melee combat has been missing for far to long in FPS. P.S. Can't wait for a sequel.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game was one of very few that actually made me jump. There were points that I almost stopped playing out of pure FEAR.
    I'm glad I didn't though.
    I'm glad I didn't though.

Only reason I wouldn't give this a 10 is because the replay value isn't at it's fullest. After playing the game a few times, you start to memorize where things will jump out, which spoils half the thrill of the game. Unfortunately that is unavoidable.

Still one of the best games I've ever played though.
  17. MatthieuR.
    Nov 2, 2005
    FEAR isn't the most original game, but like Rise of Nations did for the RTS genre, FEAR takes the best bits of all of the best FPS and shooter games out there, and does it better. What you have then is Max Payne's Bullet time, Half-Life's immersion, Doom's creepiness, etc. As far as the system requirements, yes they are steep, but by no means do you need 3 Gig of RAM FEAR isn't the most original game, but like Rise of Nations did for the RTS genre, FEAR takes the best bits of all of the best FPS and shooter games out there, and does it better. What you have then is Max Payne's Bullet time, Half-Life's immersion, Doom's creepiness, etc. As far as the system requirements, yes they are steep, but by no means do you need 3 Gig of RAM like someone wrote; I have 1Gig and my game runs fine at 1024x768 with most bells and whistles. The bigger necessity is a good video card--if you have a 7800 you will love this game! Expand
  18. pHAZEDbLASTER
    Nov 3, 2005
    You must get this one! its really worth it, the best thing around since half-life... it shines, it swings, it's perfect... J.
  19. JouniM.
    Oct 14, 2005
    Hyvä juoni ja grafiikka.
  20. Snorkel
    Oct 15, 2005
    Very polished.
  21. Wolf
    Oct 19, 2005
    A really nice shooter. Immensly fun and good fealing. It feels like you are in the middle of all those firefights. The game is an extreme adrenaline rush and as all such, it looses its new shiny loko with each experience, but the first time through is a rush. Wonderful. A few more patching to make it a bit more stable and overall 'nicer' would be great. Have not yet ried MP.
  22. TinaM.
    Dec 19, 2005
    It really strains your nerves you at same parts, so you just wait when the freaky girl or fextton will show up, but i think it's a little bit to closed. You have practically no freedom of moving and the places look all more or less alike.
  23. FrankT.
    Aug 21, 2005
    As scary as DOOM 3 and with smooth, fluid controls. A must have for people who like the HALO/DOOM/UNREAL TOURNAMENT gameplay.
  24. PDaddy
    Jan 1, 2006
    This game has better AI than some individuals I know. It's worth playing just for the AI, and graphics, and sound, and weapons, and particle effects.
  25. Mykal
    Jan 5, 2006
    I finally picked this baby up over the holidays. All I can say is this: If you've got even the slightest interest in FPS games, you owe it to yourself to play this gem!
  26. PatB.
    May 22, 2006
    This game drips with style and atmosphere, and in this post Half-Life 2 game scene, this is the sort of storytelling and game play that should be acceptable. As for the mechanics, the physics and detail displayed during gun battles are some of the most exhilarating, if not entirely accurate, I have ever experienced in a FPS. It must be said that this game set out to do exactly what it has This game drips with style and atmosphere, and in this post Half-Life 2 game scene, this is the sort of storytelling and game play that should be acceptable. As for the mechanics, the physics and detail displayed during gun battles are some of the most exhilarating, if not entirely accurate, I have ever experienced in a FPS. It must be said that this game set out to do exactly what it has accomplished, provide a modern horror story wrapped up in an astoundingly beautiful bullet riddled world. A must buy for those who have the machine to run it, and who share with me the love for the contemporary FPS genre. Expand
  27. Alex
    Dec 30, 2007
    One of the best FPS I've ever played. The levels weren't so much bland as realistic. If you want to play an FPS to stare at how pretty the wall is don't play fear. Awesome graphics, best AI I've ever played against, and a story/gameplay combination that makes all horror movies laughable in comparison. The storyline some ppl may not like because it doesn't spell One of the best FPS I've ever played. The levels weren't so much bland as realistic. If you want to play an FPS to stare at how pretty the wall is don't play fear. Awesome graphics, best AI I've ever played against, and a story/gameplay combination that makes all horror movies laughable in comparison. The storyline some ppl may not like because it doesn't spell everything out for them... get an imagination ppl. High replay value and excellent multiplayer. Expand
  28. NeptuneUK
    Jan 5, 2007
    Easily the greatest FPS of 2005, amazing single player and multiplayer experience. The developers have continued to release new multiplayer content throughout the past year and a half. Highly recommended.
  29. AnonymousMC
    Feb 13, 2008
    Really good story-driven FPS. The enemy AI was usually brilliant and some of the triggered events were very well done. Some of the environments get a bit repetitive as it's nearly all set indoors but the way the very adult storyline reveals itself gradually was awesome. Highly recommended game that deserves to be compared to the mighty Half-Life series.
  30. JamesK.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Best Game Ever
  31. AnonymousMC
    Apr 27, 2008
    I must say that I am ticked off, ticked off that people are trolling this game for no reason. The game is still quite facinating, even in 2008. I put off getting this game for 3 years, but I am glad it is still this amazing, the physics DON'T suck compared to even the SOURCE engine, the graphics are still above par, and the AI isn't dumber than a jar of sod. All in all, this gameI must say that I am ticked off, ticked off that people are trolling this game for no reason. The game is still quite facinating, even in 2008. I put off getting this game for 3 years, but I am glad it is still this amazing, the physics DON'T suck compared to even the SOURCE engine, the graphics are still above par, and the AI isn't dumber than a jar of sod. All in all, this game is a facinating ride (even in 2008) and with the Platinum edition for 30 bucks, it can't be a better value on the game market today. Expand
  32. Hamid
    Jul 20, 2009
    First of all i want to say is that F.E.A.R is a awesome game that has action,horror etc. The game made me take short breaks because of its scariness and i always switched on my flashlight in every dark place. The game took me like 2 months to finish because it's scariness . It is a game which makes you feel cool and when you finish the game you are relieved that you didn't have First of all i want to say is that F.E.A.R is a awesome game that has action,horror etc. The game made me take short breaks because of its scariness and i always switched on my flashlight in every dark place. The game took me like 2 months to finish because it's scariness . It is a game which makes you feel cool and when you finish the game you are relieved that you didn't have a heart attack. Best horror game i have ever played Expand
  33. AlexR.
    Jun 21, 2004
    Perfekt Horror-Action!!!
  34. BrianD.
    Nov 21, 2005
    Perfect blend of action, shooting, horror and probably the best AI on the market today or ever.
  35. DaanD.
    Nov 22, 2005
    Awesome game! addicted like on coffee Gj builders!
  36. pHAZE
    Nov 3, 2005
    Fab game! i get to run it on max specs and let me tell you... it really shines, best i've seen so far! forget about the high end machine, and dont worry about bad code.... my p4 3000, 1000 ram with a geforce 7800gtx did it again. top notch! j.
  37. MikeS.
    Oct 15, 2005
    Jeez. This game rocks.
  38. IanA.
    Oct 18, 2005
    simply amazing. the multiplayer is a blast, the single player is scary as shite, and you can jump kick people. nuff said.
  39. TroyP.
    Oct 18, 2005
    Perhaps a 10 isn't the right score, because the game has flaws. The enviroments could be more varied, and I wish there was a more extensive character set. The reason I gave it a 10 anyway is because FEAR delivers the best gun fights I have ever seen in a 1st person shooter. The AI, weapon effects, and overall chaos of combat has never been presented this well before. I can play this Perhaps a 10 isn't the right score, because the game has flaws. The enviroments could be more varied, and I wish there was a more extensive character set. The reason I gave it a 10 anyway is because FEAR delivers the best gun fights I have ever seen in a 1st person shooter. The AI, weapon effects, and overall chaos of combat has never been presented this well before. I can play this game over and over again. The action is that good. Expand
  40. MikeB.
    Dec 10, 2005
    Phenomenal! Good AI, stellar graphics, and obsene death animations! Great FPS with a supernatural twist... keeps you on the edge of your seat at times. Just an awesome game! Get it, you'll be glad you did.
  41. NateW.
    Oct 21, 2005
    Anyone rating this game low because it has "bad graphics" or is a system hog is a moron. That isn't the game's fault. Your rig just doesn't have the guts to run it. The recommended system requirements LISTED ON THE BOX are pretty stiff. Don't buy it if you don't have them. I don't have a killer system (3.0, 1gig RAM, ATI 9800 XT), but by tweaking the game Anyone rating this game low because it has "bad graphics" or is a system hog is a moron. That isn't the game's fault. Your rig just doesn't have the guts to run it. The recommended system requirements LISTED ON THE BOX are pretty stiff. Don't buy it if you don't have them. I don't have a killer system (3.0, 1gig RAM, ATI 9800 XT), but by tweaking the game performance levels and closing out a lot of my background apps, it runs great and looks great. Don't listen to the haters. If are able to play the game for what it is and not compare it to your lofty expectations or to your all-time favorite game, then it is a great buy. It is deserving of all the high scores it is receiving. Expand
  42. KateC
    Oct 22, 2005
    Best shooter out there period.
  43. AnonymousMC
    Aug 7, 2005
    I played the demo and before I was worried it would be a knockoff of max payne or half life 2 but hoping monolith would pull it out... so far it is the shizzle, like if DOOM had been good. incredible graphics, physics and slo mo etc... too bad you need a couple grand to do it justice, everyone should play it. good movie feel.
  44. Bass
    Jan 6, 2006
    A remarkable game that was well worth the wait. Incredible graphics, physics, sound effects and gameplay combine to form one of the best FPS titles in recent memory. Monolith have truely created a work of genious and we can only hope that an equally outstanding sequel will turn up within the near future.
  45. KlausF.
    May 12, 2006
    This game... just.. has it all. This game is a piece of poetry told through a pc. Horror+action= F.E.A.R buy it. It is a must have.
  46. RandyM.
    Jun 23, 2006
    This game is the most action-intensive FPS ever made. With a creepy atmosphere, extremely intelligent A.I., and some of the most intense moments in gaming, this game is definetely worth playing for any PC gamer.
  47. JakeO.
    Jul 22, 2006
    One of the best games I have ever played. Take an excellent FPS with good AI, graphics, and control; and mix that with a great horror story; and finally add in some new tweaks that make it even more orginal for it's genre.... then you have F.E.A.R. VERY impressive game and I cannot wait until the sequal comes out. Go out and get it right now!
  48. MartimN.
    Feb 25, 2007
    The game is simply amazing, the best... the special effects, the blood, your enemies, and the little girl(Alma), the story is just perfect... to me this is a very good game.
  49. AYANB.
    Jul 24, 2007
    The best things about it are the AI,sound effects,the hallucination sequences,the grenade effects.
  50. JordanZ.
    Aug 15, 2007
    WOW, this is the game that DEFINES the first person shooter genre. Everything just comes together perfectly in one beautiful FPS. From the intense firefights, to the genuinely creepy horror sequences, it's hard to find anything to hate in this game. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. bullets ricochet off of metal surfaces, shell casings bounce off walls and floors, blood splatters WOW, this is the game that DEFINES the first person shooter genre. Everything just comes together perfectly in one beautiful FPS. From the intense firefights, to the genuinely creepy horror sequences, it's hard to find anything to hate in this game. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. bullets ricochet off of metal surfaces, shell casings bounce off walls and floors, blood splatters nearby objects. It all just looks amazing and is true candy for your eyes. the sound is some of the best I've heard in a game. The weapons all sound cool and there is such attention to detail in every aspect of the sound design. However the game play is what will have you coming back for more. The AI in this game is so superb, you could swear you were fighting against real people. The Slow-Mo feature adds to the cinematic feel of the game, making every firefight even more spectacular. The Multiplayer portion of the game is just as addictive as the single player. everything you can do in single player is transitioned successfully into the multiplayer, even down to the Slow- Mo. Team based modes and Deathmatches are the heart of the multiplayer experience. The only thing I could ask more of in the multiplayer component is a persistent leaderboard to track stats and ranks. F.E.A.R. is an experience not to be missed and is a must play for every fan of the shooter genre. For those not fond of First Person Shooters, this could be the one that converts you. Expand
  51. AnonymousMC
    Jan 23, 2009
    One of the best FPS games I have played. The game has excellent AI, by far the best at the time of its release. I can't wait for the sequel. The levels may not have had a ton of variety, but what kind of office building, warehouse, and research facility has variety? The story was interesting and the scare moments were great. It is one of the most immersive games I've everOne of the best FPS games I have played. The game has excellent AI, by far the best at the time of its release. I can't wait for the sequel. The levels may not have had a ton of variety, but what kind of office building, warehouse, and research facility has variety? The story was interesting and the scare moments were great. It is one of the most immersive games I've ever played. There was enough enemy variety for the game, I don't see how anyone could expect more variety from a replica army. The weapons are great, the nailgun is my favorite.
    What I've played of the multiplayer was fun, nothing too notable though.
    Disregard the previous post, it is probably one of my roommate's being an idiot.
  52. prodigy_dancer
    Jul 18, 2009
    Definitely it was one of the best tactical shooters. Yes, tactical, because of the amazing AI which your computer-managed opponents possessed. This single feature made the game absolutely unique and unforgettable. And if it wasn't there, I'd rate it 5/10, honestly. I can recall several flaws in graphics. Some characters models were slightly disproportional (although not nearly Definitely it was one of the best tactical shooters. Yes, tactical, because of the amazing AI which your computer-managed opponents possessed. This single feature made the game absolutely unique and unforgettable. And if it wasn't there, I'd rate it 5/10, honestly. I can recall several flaws in graphics. Some characters models were slightly disproportional (although not nearly as much as freaky-looking marines from Q4), many textures were low res even on the highest settings (compare the walls with those from with UT2k4 for example and you'll see the difference immediately). The setting was quite dull but some personalities were remarkable: mostly Fettel and that nameless fat guy with "RTFM" on his belt buckle. Alma wasn't frightful at all though. I could only take compassion on her, nothing else. Expand
  53. Bill
    Nov 11, 2005
    I found the game enjoyable with excellent peformance. Albeit some repetition with level design at least it isn't like Doom 3 where you can exactly judge when and where a baddie will jump out and get you. FEAR does require some good specs, and using anything lower than a FX 5900 is going to run the game like trash. Hell, at least FEAR doesn't use my full 2 gigs of ram like I found the game enjoyable with excellent peformance. Albeit some repetition with level design at least it isn't like Doom 3 where you can exactly judge when and where a baddie will jump out and get you. FEAR does require some good specs, and using anything lower than a FX 5900 is going to run the game like trash. Hell, at least FEAR doesn't use my full 2 gigs of ram like Battlefield 2. I have purchased Quake 4, unfortunately that game is a complete rehash of Quake 2, 3 and Doom 3 combined......blah......talk about a lack of originality. Expand
  54. HalP.
    Oct 17, 2005
    Totally Rocks.
  55. AnthonyS.
    Dec 20, 2005
    In order to fully understand the story, I had to play this game twice. The first time you play the game, it sort of leaves you with a WTF? feeling. It makes more sense once you play it a second time. It's like being inside an episode of the X-Files at times. This game has great graphics - so much so that I couldn't set everything to max because my Athelon XP 2100+ is holding me In order to fully understand the story, I had to play this game twice. The first time you play the game, it sort of leaves you with a WTF? feeling. It makes more sense once you play it a second time. It's like being inside an episode of the X-Files at times. This game has great graphics - so much so that I couldn't set everything to max because my Athelon XP 2100+ is holding me back. However, the ATI Raedon X800 pro makes up for what the CPU lacks, so I can still put off upgrading to AMD x64 until after I graduate DeVry in Feb. The music score ingenious, and even at times Unreal/Deus Ex-like, meaning that the music really creates an environment appropriate to the situations the player is facing in the game. The AI is quite frankly the best I have seen out of any computer game to date. Humanistic. I did notice, at times, the usage of the "s" word was a wee-bit on the excessive side, although nothing like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This is a single-player game. The multplayer is there, however, it is the single-player that makes this game so great. Expand
  56. AnonymousMC
    Dec 27, 2005
    I have a Sempron 3300, 1gig 3200 DDR and an ATI x850 XT. Though my graphics card is decent, hardly anything about my system is 'Top-of-the-Line'. I average about 50fps in this game, with most settings at medium, although several 'important' settings are set to Max, such as overall world detail, shadows and a couple others and with lighting set to max, 2x AA and 6x AF.I have a Sempron 3300, 1gig 3200 DDR and an ATI x850 XT. Though my graphics card is decent, hardly anything about my system is 'Top-of-the-Line'. I average about 50fps in this game, with most settings at medium, although several 'important' settings are set to Max, such as overall world detail, shadows and a couple others and with lighting set to max, 2x AA and 6x AF. This average isn't based on the 'Test Settings' option in the game, but off of FRAPS.
    I would agree that the graphics aren't as epic as some other games, but they get the job done, and if all you're concerned about is eye-candy you need to play something else.
    I've only played about 2 hours as of writing this, but I am pleased so far, in comparison to other recent FPS games. I have yet to play Quake 4, though it's installed and waiting for F.E.A.R. to be completed.
  57. KDep
    Dec 28, 2005
    This game is the Suffering meets Half Life. I loved everything about this game. The game is tough, tricky and scary. The plot is a bit lacking, but it's otherwise extremely well done. I have a monster of a system, and I have to run the graphics on low - medium in order to get decent playable framerates. The graphics on this game are absolutely unbelieveable. Once (I kid you not) I This game is the Suffering meets Half Life. I loved everything about this game. The game is tough, tricky and scary. The plot is a bit lacking, but it's otherwise extremely well done. I have a monster of a system, and I have to run the graphics on low - medium in order to get decent playable framerates. The graphics on this game are absolutely unbelieveable. Once (I kid you not) I actually stopped and stared at a brick wall for a minute because it was so insanely detailed. All in all, a far better game than Quake 4 (which I did not like at all, and you can read my review), and the best game of the season. This is a great game for Halo / Half Life fans. Pick it up, NOW! Expand
  58. RonniR.
    Dec 29, 2005
    The game got a nice intense atmophere. With alot of nice features and intelligence. Deffently worth a try :D
  59. BitBurn
    Dec 4, 2005
    Excellent game. Love the storyline.Without a doubt the best AI out there!
  60. Andrew
    Jan 28, 2006
    Great game. Intense firefights and awesome explosions and particle effects had me giddy like a kid on christmas morning. plot was a bit hard to follow, hence the 9 and not a 10.
  61. JoeG.
    Sep 12, 2006
    This is easily the best game I have ever played and I have a lot of good games. The hand to hand combat and shooting adds to the fun of multiplayer and single player. If your computer can handle it, definitely buy this game.
  62. CodyM.
    Dec 13, 2007
    This game rocked the single player is awsome and can nearly make you crap your pants while multiplayer will keep you from getting out of your chair to change your underwear.
  63. PaulB.
    Dec 13, 2005
    The best A.I. I have ever seen period.....
  64. AnonymousMC
    Dec 13, 2006
    To the point: This was an excellent game, and without a doubt a must buy. The high graphic quality and extreme realism are enough to make the game addicting. however, the plot is also quintessential and b / b+ quality. The only downside, like these fools point out, is the level design sucks and it gets really really boring at times. other than that, its combat and gamplay featuresTo the point: This was an excellent game, and without a doubt a must buy. The high graphic quality and extreme realism are enough to make the game addicting. however, the plot is also quintessential and b / b+ quality. The only downside, like these fools point out, is the level design sucks and it gets really really boring at times. other than that, its combat and gamplay features make it addicting and extremely fun.

P.S. its not scary. If you laughed while watching the Grudge, like me, you won't find this scary.
    END OF IT::::: Listen all you fat geeky pony tailed losers trying to gain some satisfaction out of directing your anger at something, you suck... at life. period. F.E.A.R. was D.O.P.E. end of it.
  65. TimmyB.
    Dec 26, 2006
    [***SPOILERS***] This is the best game I've played since Half-Life 2. The graphics while not HL2 perfect are good none the less. The game play is great because of the Slow motion and the incredible AI. Also you can increase your health and slow mo time. Another thing it this game is down right creepy! The little girl, shes scary. Warning Spoilers! The little girl is actually a woman, [***SPOILERS***] This is the best game I've played since Half-Life 2. The graphics while not HL2 perfect are good none the less. The game play is great because of the Slow motion and the incredible AI. Also you can increase your health and slow mo time. Another thing it this game is down right creepy! The little girl, shes scary. Warning Spoilers! The little girl is actually a woman, and she is your mother. Paxton Fettel the one you are trying to kill is your brother. Expand
  66. ChrisK.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Great AI, Wepons, Sound, and Multiplayer. The bad is the enviorments. They look... bland.
  67. Dec 23, 2011
    Must-have for people who like horror kind of stuff because it is the scariest game I ever did play. Very fun indeed and there is only one problem; I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks.
  68. Jan 3, 2013
    This is how scary and high octane action game should look like. And for those saying the story is non-existent or too linear, I guess you weren't paying much of an attention to all those phone messages and research from laptops. 9/10
  69. Dec 22, 2011
    I played all F.E.A.R. games and it really scary even now. I remember that i first played it when i was in middle school, and it was sooooooo horrific and scary!! The atmosphere in this game is awesome, which created a very scary environment. Some people might complain about the graphic but this game is actually a 2005 game, so what kind of graphic are you expecting? Compare to some otherI played all F.E.A.R. games and it really scary even now. I remember that i first played it when i was in middle school, and it was sooooooo horrific and scary!! The atmosphere in this game is awesome, which created a very scary environment. Some people might complain about the graphic but this game is actually a 2005 game, so what kind of graphic are you expecting? Compare to some other game that came out in the same year, F.E.A.R. is actually not bad!! But one thing sad is the multiplayer no longer available... Expand
  70. Jan 23, 2013
    Fear is a great one time play-through game. The suspense during missions is very high and the sounds and animations keep the player on the edge of their seat. The weapons are all very different and useful, The AI enemy is about the most enjoyable to play against, as in they were difficult enough in which any one guy could take you out if you were not paying attention. The layout of theFear is a great one time play-through game. The suspense during missions is very high and the sounds and animations keep the player on the edge of their seat. The weapons are all very different and useful, The AI enemy is about the most enjoyable to play against, as in they were difficult enough in which any one guy could take you out if you were not paying attention. The layout of the maps are perfect for this type of game, old hotels, factories, etc. The game overall is a rush, however, by the last couple of missions, I was honestly burnt out; I couldn't wait to finish. Overall, great FPS shooter, and great one-time play. Oh and the plot is well done also. Expand
  71. Dec 11, 2013
    A great game for its time. The visuals are excellent as is the sound design, just going into slow-mo and seeing bullets whiz by is fantastic. The story isn't anything outstanding, but it's solid and it works. Gunplay is fairly conventional, but enhanced with the addition of slow-mo. One thing that really stands out in this game though is the AI. It is simply excellent, no other shooterA great game for its time. The visuals are excellent as is the sound design, just going into slow-mo and seeing bullets whiz by is fantastic. The story isn't anything outstanding, but it's solid and it works. Gunplay is fairly conventional, but enhanced with the addition of slow-mo. One thing that really stands out in this game though is the AI. It is simply excellent, no other shooter I've played has surpassed it, even shooters released years after it's release. It means enemies feel like more than just cardboard characters that just hide behind cover and shoot every now and then. Expect to be flushed out, ambushed and flanked if you don't pay attention. Perhaps the game is a bit repetitive in its gameplay and level design, though it does try to spruce it up a bit with new weapons and new enemies. Scares could've been better as well. Sometimes it feels as if jumpscares are just shoved down your throat, and I would've appreciated some buildup of tension in some levels before the actual scare, it would've created a more intimidating atmosphere. Fighting assassins was truly intense though. Overall, a game definitely worth consideration for FPS and horror fans. Expand
  72. Jun 4, 2012
    A slow, morbid and clever storyline, tense and nervous firefights, a very good balance among weapons, amazing music and sounds, the smartest AI you can find in a FPS. The action part is perfect, the horror part is perfect and the balance between both is perfect. A masterpiece.
  73. Jun 12, 2012
    GREATEST. GAME. EVER. Nothing more to say. Friggin scary, epic graphics at that time, and awesome dialogue. Too bad Fear2 didn't even reached F.E.A.R to the socks

GG
  74. Aug 9, 2012
    A classic video game that succeeds at giving you a dead, tense feeling inside. The game delivers exactly what it's supposed to, giving a repetitive, tedious gameplay experience that dives deep into your mind, invading all of your senses while making you drown in the dread of the story. Each skirmish is brought out in a fearful manor, making you watch out intensely each time you go into aA classic video game that succeeds at giving you a dead, tense feeling inside. The game delivers exactly what it's supposed to, giving a repetitive, tedious gameplay experience that dives deep into your mind, invading all of your senses while making you drown in the dread of the story. Each skirmish is brought out in a fearful manor, making you watch out intensely each time you go into a door.......... This game knows how to control you......... Buy this game today. Expand
  75. Dec 14, 2012
    This game is fantastic now, even ,more so for it's time back in the day. If you havent played it yet, it cant hurt to give it a whirl! The graphics are tolerable and the ambient noises and sound effects in general, plus very solid gunplay and smart AI (their tactics surprised me) are fantastic. Don't regret a thing, in 2012.
  76. Dec 25, 2012
    This game is the Half-Life of the Horror shooters genre. Who says that the story is bad clearly hasn't understood it, because it's a deep, mature, disturbing and dramatic story, talking of experiments on human beings which return to avenge their past. Also, this is one of the few games that made jump more than one time. You will feel scared a lot of times. Also, the enemies are strong andThis game is the Half-Life of the Horror shooters genre. Who says that the story is bad clearly hasn't understood it, because it's a deep, mature, disturbing and dramatic story, talking of experiments on human beings which return to avenge their past. Also, this is one of the few games that made jump more than one time. You will feel scared a lot of times. Also, the enemies are strong and with a great AI... the won't go down easyly. The arsenal is not very large, but is various, starting with normal guns and finishing with sci-fi guns like plasma cannons. All guns are funny to use. This game features also a bullet-time mode ("Slow-Mo") that you can active to make the firefights easier... you'll really need it. This is ine of the best first person shooter that I ever played... at least one of the scarier and with the best story. Recommended. Highly recommended. Expand
  77. sft
    Mar 15, 2015
    G.R.E.A.T.

G.R.E.A.T.

This was a replay for me, having first played FEAR some years ago. I had fond memories of the game and thought it time to revisit it. I’m glad I did. The game has a wonderfully spooky and tense atmosphere and outdoes many more recent titles in this respect (it still startled me on several occasions). The graphics are pretty good given the game’s age. It comes from the era when FPSs were commonly set in research facilities, abandoned factories, and office buildings, and this lack of diversity in the environments is one of the game’s weaknesses. As is the lack of humour -- there are no laughs here. But the game’s strengths lie in the atmosphere and in the combat. There is a palpable sense of apprehension as you sneak along the corridors under the flickering lights. The AI is crafty and the combat is always fun, especially when using the slo-mo, or bullet-time, ability, which is flawlessly implemented. If you like a good old-fashioned FPS with loads of atmosphere and plenty of exhilarating combat you can’t go far wrong with this classic.
  78. Nov 13, 2013
    F.E.A.R. it's a beautiful horror games, and for me one of the best of the history, i love FPS and horror, F.E.A.R. is a mixture perfectly made, with a story and a background story more than interesting, if you have never play it, PLAY IT it's a must play
  79. Sep 5, 2014
    I played the game several times. Started playing again yesterday.. and I could not stop for 2 solid hours! One of the best games I have played. Dark, atmospheric, creepy, solid gameplay mechanics and still good looking. I care for the story, hell of a horrorshooter. Hard to find a game that is on par (Half Life Series comes to mind, nothing else).
  80. Jun 26, 2011
    According to these user reviews FEAR seems to be a love or hate experience. People junk this game for repetitive levels, bad graphics, and lack of enemy diversity. I just don't see any of that except maybe the bad level complaint is valid. Although who cares about how the levels look when the gameplay is so solid. I just played this game again in 2011 and it's still an awesome game. My oneAccording to these user reviews FEAR seems to be a love or hate experience. People junk this game for repetitive levels, bad graphics, and lack of enemy diversity. I just don't see any of that except maybe the bad level complaint is valid. Although who cares about how the levels look when the gameplay is so solid. I just played this game again in 2011 and it's still an awesome game. My one complaint with this game is even on the hardest difficulty it is still a bit too easy. The reason people love or hate this game is because its focus is the same gameplay over and over in different variations so if you don't like the shooting mechanic you will pretty much hate the whole game. Monolith has an epic resume of games Expand
  81. Oct 2, 2010
    The game is scary.Scary as hell.But not the scary type you will find in doom 3.A much much more scary fear.The japanese kind of fear inducing.The one which really disturbes you.And you will be scared.I felt chills cod as ice on the back when i saw Alma first time.The game is full of tension.The shooting is tactical.The weapons are ok.Even the soldiers scared me sometimes.Good.
  82. DavidS.
    Oct 19, 2005
    Bo B, you have a 5600. Thing can barely play invisible war. The game is amazing. Scarier than Doom 3 as it doesn't depend on pure jump out of your seat moments. The firefights are amazing, it's not too much of a system hog. Well, maybe it is. Very well done.
  83. LowellV.
    Oct 14, 2005
    the best combat I've ever played - isn't that what a shooter is all about?
  84. CrissG.
    May 2, 2005
    The best. two thumbs up the best shooters of all shooters
  85. SergioM.
    May 2, 2005
    "on the top of all shooters and scarrers."
  86. SvenR.
    Aug 2, 2009
    Best FPS ever for me. This game includes more horror as Condemned or Doom, ii's full of many shocking moments, also SlowMo is very nice.
  87. Nov 19, 2011
    In 2005 when this came out, it blew away every game in terms of graphics realism, oustanding enemy ai, and solid care gameplay action. It was sometimes repetitive in it's corridor shooter focus, but its strong points made up for it for the most part.
  88. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is more like a John Woo film with the Grudge thrown in. It is without a doubt one of the funnest fps games I have ever played, probably because the enemy AI is the best I have ever played against, even 6 years later. The story is also interesting, and there are a few great scares, but it DOES get repetitive around the middle levels.
  89. QOO
    Nov 16, 2013
    If Max Payne and Doom had a baby, this would be the game. This game has excellent gunplay, and some of the best A.I I've ever seen. F.E.A.R is excellent all the way through, and is injected with some bullet time to help you keep going. Horror-wise, it isn't that scary. It's basically jumpscare after jumpscare, and it can sometimes be effective, but it usually isn't. Buy it for theIf Max Payne and Doom had a baby, this would be the game. This game has excellent gunplay, and some of the best A.I I've ever seen. F.E.A.R is excellent all the way through, and is injected with some bullet time to help you keep going. Horror-wise, it isn't that scary. It's basically jumpscare after jumpscare, and it can sometimes be effective, but it usually isn't. Buy it for the shooting. If I could give this game more than 10, I would. Expand
  90. AnonymousMC
    Jun 8, 2008
    overrated by the critics, and sorely underrated by some of the players. Quite funny, really.

This game may appear to have "bland and similar" environments and "similar" enemies. But that sort of makes sense considering the fact that this is supposed to be a "pseudo-realistic" game, and you are mostly fighting throughout the "same" office building (go to an office building in real life; I'm sure the exiting, colorful and ever-changing environment will rocket your brain out the top of your skull) against the "same" faction (yup, boring old Terrans with the same weapons as you... what a shame...) There are a couple new enemies later in the game, (robots, anyone?) but yes, if you are one of the gamers who needs a constantly changing environment to be stimulated, choose another game, because it's the combat and the intelligence of the enemies which is the core of the game, not the enemies themselves. The weapons are really fun to use, the melee is the best I've ever seen in a FPS (ninja-like and stylish, but still easy to execute), and the bullet-time effects adds icing to the cake.
    Sure, the story in this game may not win a golden globe, but it's deeper than most FPS's I've played. Even when you aren't fighting it's surprisingly fun to run around and bicycle-kick crap off the walls and tables. And the AI? really smart, actually. I was pleasantly surprised when the enemy squad tried a flanking maneuver on me after flushing me out from my hiding spot with a grenade. They appeared to use more tactics than I did. They are also funny to listen to because they can yell out some pretty entertaining commands and expletives as you pin their squadleader to the wall like an insect display with a penetrator bolt.
  91. DMeiz
    Oct 25, 2005
    The levels are bland and repetitive but the AI and gun fighting is so good that i dont care. I beat it in 5 and 1/2 hours my first time, and i would have beat it faster if every thing did not look the same, but the firefights are the best in any fps i have ever played. Its not staged like cod, the AI is smarter then HL2, and the guns are better then farcry. Plus fear has the best use of The levels are bland and repetitive but the AI and gun fighting is so good that i dont care. I beat it in 5 and 1/2 hours my first time, and i would have beat it faster if every thing did not look the same, but the firefights are the best in any fps i have ever played. Its not staged like cod, the AI is smarter then HL2, and the guns are better then farcry. Plus fear has the best use of bullte time in a game ever. Also the multiplayer is sweet. I have stopped palying CSS and DODS and started palying fear multi. Im not saying that I will never go back but for now fear has me hooked. see you in game BFG | TroggleHumper Expand
  92. CJJ.
    Sep 17, 2006
    Good atmostphere. I'm not sure why the replicants swear like sailors -- didn't find that to be realistic. The game got to be pretty easy on the default difficulty setting since I could kill so many with the "reflex mode." The story-line of the game and the ending are the best parts -- and the slow-motion is unique.
  93. ShadowOwNz
    Jul 5, 2007
    As mentioned above, the game seems on its way to gaining the 96% only ever acieved by the half-life's, however, where half-life increases the intensity of gameplay, F.E.A.R. seems to far a little short, and continues pretty much the same throughout the rest of the game. The level design is some of the best i've seen, you can't just run & shoot through every situation, As mentioned above, the game seems on its way to gaining the 96% only ever acieved by the half-life's, however, where half-life increases the intensity of gameplay, F.E.A.R. seems to far a little short, and continues pretty much the same throughout the rest of the game. The level design is some of the best i've seen, you can't just run & shoot through every situation, careful thought and logic is required throughout. RE: Andrew Y. "seen a thousand times before" ...dude this is an FPS, there are alot of them out there, some better than others, if you're just going to sit and say that, then you might aswell fuck off an play the original Doom over and over. FPS is a genre, without people repeating/redisigning around the same formats, we would never have gotten great games like half-life or battlefield 2. Expand
  94. DavidS
    Jan 24, 2010
    A fantastic shooter, a failed horror game. And I have to laugh at the people giving it 0's. Yes, it's sorta repetitive and bleak, but a few flaws do not a 0 make. If you can't appreciate the brutal, strategic combat, then you don't deserve to be playing this game.
  95. V.Z.
    Oct 21, 2005
    It is a pretty good game, but as others have said, it is no revolution. The gameplay consists of two things - Half-Life-ish gun battles and weird things going on. The weird things that happen, visions etc., can't harm you most of the time. So the atmosphere is good, but it is not that scary unless you are wanting to suspend a lot of disbelief. Sorry - Doom 3 was scarier, even though It is a pretty good game, but as others have said, it is no revolution. The gameplay consists of two things - Half-Life-ish gun battles and weird things going on. The weird things that happen, visions etc., can't harm you most of the time. So the atmosphere is good, but it is not that scary unless you are wanting to suspend a lot of disbelief. Sorry - Doom 3 was scarier, even though it was less elegant. The gunfights are fantastic - the AI is great, and works very well - it flanks you like in Far Cry and does a nice job at taking cover. There are a lot of things to destroy in the environments, which also is much fun. The bullet time is also extremely well done. The biggest problem about FEAR is that it is too repetitive - it is the same bunch of levels again and again, with very little variation. Also, there is nothing inspiring about the level design. Industrial settings, office settings, slum settings, some labs. The story is alright, but nothing to write home about. The characters are clichéd - and don't you hate it So what is FEAR about? Great gunfights in bland locations. Again and again. Add some nice horror effects that are rarely relevant for the gameplay. Expand
  96. SAMF.
    Oct 25, 2005
    This Game is repetitive but has good graphics, Great AI And mixes horror with a shooter. Think Max Payne meets Doom 3 and thats pretty much the game. which reminds me a patch for flashlight always on would be nice.
  97. MartynC.
    Feb 18, 2006
    Its technically brilliant, but makesure you have the rig, Im running it on a AMD64,3500 with GF6800 and a gig of ram and i can have everything at max, dont even touch this game if you have an FX series card, This game looks great, but the narrative is awful and seems to steal idea's from such films as AKIRA, i dident care about any of the characters or pay much attention to the Its technically brilliant, but makesure you have the rig, Im running it on a AMD64,3500 with GF6800 and a gig of ram and i can have everything at max, dont even touch this game if you have an FX series card, This game looks great, but the narrative is awful and seems to steal idea's from such films as AKIRA, i dident care about any of the characters or pay much attention to the unorginal plot, but when your hurtling along and ripping through enemies by the ton, who cares?....Pure FPS as it should be. Expand
  98. MichaelL.
    Apr 16, 2006
    Excellent graphics and exciting, fun, violent gameplay. The storyline is a blast to play through and the action is amazing. The storyline is confusing and once it's complete there isn't much more to do than multiplayer that falls in comparison to CS:Source in my opinion. This is a game you MUST play through if you have the PC to run it.
  99. AnsonG.
    May 31, 2006
    This game is good, creepy, scary. The storyline was a blast to play through and the action is amazing. But if u are making expansion pack, u have the make it good. Look, hope u will make the new enemy more interesting and challenging. Also, like supernatural enemies like ghost things at the end of F.E.A.R and those new weapons like minigun or else. Fighting a same Replica soldiers is This game is good, creepy, scary. The storyline was a blast to play through and the action is amazing. But if u are making expansion pack, u have the make it good. Look, hope u will make the new enemy more interesting and challenging. Also, like supernatural enemies like ghost things at the end of F.E.A.R and those new weapons like minigun or else. Fighting a same Replica soldiers is pointless. Hope u will make better. Expand
  100. DakotaA.
    Jun 9, 2006
    A creative and mysterious storyplot where you pick up clues gives a well-executed experience. The enemies are very intelligent and cooperate with each other. The slomo can be very enjoyable but can be a bit of a gimmick. There isnt much variety, and sometimes the game can be too easy, and not much of a challange. Also short. If you are searching for intensity and fast paced chaos, you A creative and mysterious storyplot where you pick up clues gives a well-executed experience. The enemies are very intelligent and cooperate with each other. The slomo can be very enjoyable but can be a bit of a gimmick. There isnt much variety, and sometimes the game can be too easy, and not much of a challange. Also short. If you are searching for intensity and fast paced chaos, you will only enjoy the multiplayer experience. Graphics seem very moderate, but rarely any texture involved. The environment physics gives a nice feel and the SpecFX are great, but in my opinion, something vital is missing to this game. Expand

1. F.E.A.R.'s troopers try so hard, you almost hate not fighting fair. [Jan 2005, p.96]
  2. Is it the next "Half-Life"? It may very well be since anticipation for a sequel is rising every day as more and more play F.E.A.R. for the first time.
  3. But the fantastic graphics, sound, and firefights all blend to make F.E.A.R. an excellent game, though in order to enjoy the graphics and the game to its fullest, you must have a high-end computer system. In closing, F.E.A.R. is definitely one of this year’s best games.