Fez PC

6.6

1. Jun 27, 2017
    Too many pointless, argument-less 0 score reviews from people who just rode the hate train like sheep and obviously didn't played the game are harming the global score. For me, the game is a solid 8, but I give it a 10 just to make some justice.
  2. Mar 20, 2017
    This is a really amazing game! its cute, got fun gameplay, fun puzzles, full of hidden secrets, got about 30 hours of gameplay in and i really enjoyed it! worth trying out!
  3. Dec 2, 2016
    This game have Perspective. Haha, got it?
    Really enjoyed music room and last-hardcore lava room.
    This game was made with love, dude.
    True indie.
    Ending is very exciting.
  4. Aug 31, 2016
    Fez suffers from the plight of being a master-piece (in the classical sense of the term) in an era of straight-up stupid ignorant couch potatoes. I've hated medias, as well as game medias for so long, only to realise that in more and more occurence, I had to be glad professional critics exists (because they have the minimum of culture, literacy and IQ to understand the underlaying point ofFez suffers from the plight of being a master-piece (in the classical sense of the term) in an era of straight-up stupid ignorant couch potatoes. I've hated medias, as well as game medias for so long, only to realise that in more and more occurence, I had to be glad professional critics exists (because they have the minimum of culture, literacy and IQ to understand the underlaying point of the game) given most gamers reactions. Strangely enough it is positioned not as a deserved, but an obligatory second best game of 2013 position, fortunately enough History will remembers it. Expand
  5. Aug 21, 2016
    A fantastic game that has an impressive amount of depth for its few mechanics. The game does a great job of building its world and teaching you everything you need to know through subtlety.
  6. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + The game equivalent of a delightful walk in a beautiful, trans-dimensional park
    + Interesting curve of challenges and gameplay
    ? Some players might consider its lack of difficulty a fault, despite this being an intrinsic goal of the game
    - Some overly obtuse secrets that are not particularly fun to figure out
  7. Sep 7, 2015
    First and foremost, I think Phil Fish is a despicable person. If you don't know why this is search Google for a few minutes. If he ever decides to re-enter the industry I won't be giving him my money. I'm copy-pasting my original review just so I can add this addendum. That said, I consider my original review unbiased so I won't alter it and I won't change the score I gave.

A lot of

A lot of people say they had problems running the game. It ran just fine on my old Core 2 Duo build with a cheapo GeForce 210 card. Maybe I just got lucky.

Some of the other common criticisms:
    -The graphics weren't groundbreaking, or even original, just retro-platformer style with a 3D twist tossed in.
    I thought it was aesthetically pleasing enough, and the different areas had varied looks and feels to them, so I didn't think it was monotonous. Awe-inducing? No. Original? Not particularly. It may not be groundbreaking but I didn't think it was boring.

-Navigation requires a lot of back-tracking.
    Yeah, it does at times. Once you learn a section you can get through fast enough though, and there are some warp gates that let you jump past a few otherwise long journeys. Annoying at times, but not unbearable.

-You can't die, ergo there's no challenge.
    I was okay with that. I enjoyed it more for the puzzles, and honestly if I had to go back to the bottom of the screen every time I fell off a ledge it would be a lot more frustrating than fun.

-The puzzles were too easy, ergo there's no challenge.
    Maybe I'm just stupider than the other people who played this game, but I thought the puzzles were challenging enough to be interesting but not so abstract that I wanted to pull my hair out. They at least took some time and thought to figure out. I enjoyed working out the cryptograms for the alphabet and numbers, then going back to solve the puzzles that required the ability to read, and I didn't mind the fact that some of the puzzles could only be solved during the second play through.

My final thoughts: It was pretty fun. It isn't stressful so you can play casually. You have to play through twice to solve all the puzzles, but the second time around the puzzles you solved stay solved so it's not too painful. It held my interest long enough that I didn't mind. I think the people who gave bad reviews just have really high expectations.
  8. Aug 31, 2015
    10/10 potatoes. My absolute favourite 2D Platformer with an amazing concept. Fez provides hours of gameplay and entertainment. Its also kinda cool how this game references old arcade games like tetris.
  9. Aug 2, 2015
    Good game, just because the dev is a prick doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. It's an interesting concept that is well executed and the whole world is also adorable. Although the dev doesn't deserve a cent from the purchases of this game. Maybe just become a pirate and sail the seven seas instead, arrg.
  10. Jul 26, 2015
    Fez has stunning visuals, a stuck-in-your head soundtrack and solid gameplay. The slow pace is really enjoyable and gives you plenty of time to explore and admire the various locations throughout the game. The map system is very daunting at first but after spending some time with it, it became very user friendly and helpful.

Some puzzles were extremely difficult to solve, but it feels

Some puzzles were extremely difficult to solve, but it feels really rewarding when you finally figure it out without looking up the solution online (play the game without looking up solutions, makes it far more enjoyable).

Some puzzles were so difficult that I couldn't solve them, but luckily Fez doesn't require you to 100% the game before the ending. As soon as I finished the game I went straight back into New Game + to play some more! There's a small bit of replay value but it's unlikely I'll replay the entire game for a while.

If you're into indie games and willing to enjoy a slow-paced experience then Fez is perfect for you.
  11. Jul 13, 2015
    I don't think you'll ever find a game like this in your LIFE TIME!
    You'll find a very ALIEn way of decoding a large variety of PUZZLES. If you love your brain working hard over cryptic puzzles which are only there for the sake of your self-satisfaction, then this a MUST Play!
  12. Jun 28, 2015
    I recommend this game.
    Why?
    Because everything is great in this game! The universe, the music (well, I must admit that by dint of hearing the same music loop ... It's quite embarrassing), the game-play, story and puzzles of course! We must leave nothing to chance in this game, everything can be used later and again ... Everything must translate between the hieroglyphs or the kinds of
    I recommend this game.
    Why?

We must leave nothing to chance in this game, everything can be used later and again ... Everything must translate between the hieroglyphs or the kinds of pieces came from Tetris.

Anyway, it is an excellent game without much fuss (I recommend the solution anyway, let's not crazy) and very enjoyable to play and learn!
  13. Jun 20, 2015
    One of the best adventure puzzle games ever made, excellent music, simple graphics, good animations, and good level design, if you want a challenge this is your game, hard puzzles, hard language, even math.
  14. May 8, 2015
    I would like to first say that any review of this game that is below a 7, is nothing more than people being mad at the developers, not the game, every one that is between 7 and 9 dislikes one aspect or another of the puzzles and every 10 comes from a player who was, like myself completely enthralled by this masterpiece.

This is likely the pinnacle of indie games. Everything about FEZ

This is likely the pinnacle of indie games. Everything about FEZ is amazing. My only complaint is that you can't go anywhere from here, this is perfection.

The presentation is stunning. The style of the game must have come from the devs really pouring their heart and soul into this. Everything looks incredibly crisp, all the sprites fit into their levels, displaying a wide range of motifs. The lighting was the thing that proves this game is eyecandy at its finest. There is a night/day system that paints every open area of the game in a myriad of pallets, each prettier than the last.

The puzzles are great, both the ones that are based on simple platforming and levers; and the harder ones where you have to read fezian or take a minute to wrap your mind around what is happening.

The game runs very smoothly with: 2, I counted, 2 types of graphical glitches i have encountered in my 100% all achievements play-through; and very fluent animations on everything.

The best part MUST be the amazingly crafted levels. About half of the game is full of unique rooms with very distinct styles and challenges to overcome. These feel incredibly fun coupled with the amazing sound design, fitting visuals and satisfaction that comes after beating them.

The core mechanic is simple enough that a toddler could grasp it, but is used to its full potential and feels incredibly satisfying, especially when abused to make 360 shots of your character landing a long jump.

Regardless of system of choice, this game is a must have, and a must complete. You can run through it pretty easily, but to get the full experience I recommend consulting a guide for the puzzles you don't understand, you'll feel a lot better after you see where they're coming from.

When considering this purchase don't think of the developer, it doesn't matter what kind of person he is, as far as games are concerned he should be to you not human, but a simple object: a craftsman. And he is an amazing one, just look at his work. More like "they are", but you get my point. I want as many people as possible to share this experience and it pains me every time someone turns away from it because of the criticisms that one of the developers is covered in.

Do yourself a favor and get this, at least when it's on a sale.
  15. Apr 13, 2015
    A true ode for pixel art.

In the beggining the game looks kind of easy, but if you want to get to the end, oh boy, you will really need to use your brains.
  16. Jan 17, 2015
    FEZ is a quirky little indie-platformer with a simple yet completely fresh gameplay mechanic. Gomez, the little protagonist, lives happily in a 2D world, with 2D folk, until he suddenly comes across a third dimension.

Well, pretty much a third dimension. You now have the ability to rotate the world 90 degrees at a time, being able to see and interact with previously hidden objects and platforms. Initially, the gimmick of a new perspective isn't too challenging. See a platformer too high to jump? Rotate the world to see a platform you can can get to. That ledge much too far to jump? Again, rotate the world and the gap is much less.

Eventually, though, the platforming challenge becomes greater, but not impossible. The level designs are ingenious, but not overly taxing. But if you want to solve the more subtle puzzles, and collect more of the cube-pieces scattered about the world, you'll want to break out the notepad and pen.

This is where FEZ really calls back to it's retro roots. The codes, passwords, and clues in some areas need to be jotted down to be used in other areas, just like the games of old. It teaches us to be classic gamers again. And the amount of humour that classic gamers will get, is always a treat (what, your companion is supposed to know what things mean?).

The integration of modern mechanics is interesting as well. At times, QR codes can be found, and provided you've got a smartphone with the right app to unlock some collectables! I like this because it's not a DLC-aspect thing, it grounds you into reality. Breaking down the 4th wall, which is understandable since in the game they only just discovered the 3rd wall.

The pixellated style is fantastic and varied, all of the areas have something different about them.

Oh, and just be prepared for a psychedelic ending. I was not, and felt like I was falling through a rabbit-hole. If I were high, I would have been trippin' hard.

Regardless, a great small game with many collectables and a fresh perspective on gaming.
  17. Oct 4, 2014
    Un très bon jeu vraiment surprenant qui mêle habilement plateforme oldschool et réflexion.
    Au début le jeu reste un jeu de plateforme classique mais très vite on se rend compte de la profondeur du jeu.
    Car le système de jeu de FEZ met en place un système de perspective bien pensé. Il faut tourner l'angle dans un sens ou l'autre pour changer les distances et ainsi progresser dans le jeu.
    Car le système de jeu de FEZ met en place un système de perspective bien pensé.
    En plus, le jeu donne du fil à retorde avec ses énigmes (surtout pour trouver les anti cubes).
    Il faut prendre des notes et comprendre le fonctionnement de l'alphabet de FEZ, déchiffrer les nombres, découvrir des combinaisons de touches, etc..
    FEZ regorge également de clins d’œil (à Mario ou Zelda principalement) et de secrets qu'il faut découvrir.
    Seul ombre au tableau, quelques bug sont présents par moment et certains obligent a relancer le jeu.. Heureusement, la sauvegarde est automatique.
    A part ça c'est un très bon jeu, très prenant et attachant (le jeu m'a accroché si bien que j'ai passé quelques jours pour le finir avec tout les cubes et les différentes fin).
    Une très bonne découverte pour ma part.
  18. Sep 13, 2014
    One of the best arcade/indie games i played back in 2013 and personally one of my favourite games, still listening to its incredible soundtrack. For the fans of retro genre and great puzzles.
  19. Jul 26, 2014
    In my opinion this is one of the best games I've ever seen. The game isn't meant to be difficult, it is about letting your curiosity and sense of wonder move you through the world of FEZ.
  20. Jul 20, 2014
    Really innovative platformer. With nice music and colorful graphics. I think it is not as hard as it looks like at the beginning but you must use your brain.
  21. Jun 14, 2014
    Fez is a great game, it has an innovative gameplay, colorful graphics and a nice storyline, the gameplay is a little confusing at first thought, but when you get used to it is very nice, i really liked it and i think is nice and innovative.
  22. Jun 5, 2014
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    This was truly worth the wait for a PC port.... A platformer game in a 3D world that can be viewed from 4 sides and played as a flat 2D world - if two things touch then they are connected! I played this with a keyboard and mouse and had a blast. This game is hard.... PC hard.... At least 25% of puzzles cannot be solved the first time you encounter them.... And so I would keep playing other parts of the game and then come back - and BINGO I could figure out how to solve them. Too much fun for nine bucks and ninety nine cents! [/Pirate accent] Do Not Worry aboot finishin’ ‘e game....yule find hints and walkthrus all over ‘e ‘net....[/] This game is Fun.... PC Fun.... and if you don’t know what that means then go get a PC.... {I own a ColecoVision so why bother with a iPhone or an iPad - don’t be an rtard and go get yourself the ultimate gaming machine}. Treat yourself to true blue Indie Goodness. This game let’s you finish before all the problems are solved - and then [/spoiler] you get upgraded when you restart the [new game+] and just enjoy what happens.... These guys at Polytron are great.... This is the ultimate first game release that all game developers wish for.... and the ultimate indie game for you gaming nerds [buy this game] Released on PC 2013.05 and played by me [Random General thoughts]

- - - - build your own PC - sign up for Steam and blow your mind.

Yeah - PC gaming is where it…. is…. at.... ha ha ha hahaaaaaa haha aaahahaa ahahahah.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964
  23. Jun 2, 2014
    A masterpiece. A magic world, an amazing and original gameplay, great puzzles and hard enigmas, definitely one of my favourite games. Buy it, you won't be disappointed, trust me.
  24. May 19, 2014
    Excellent, clever game, that gets more poor user reviews than it deserves because people are butthurt and extraordinarily whiny over comments the developer made.

In the end, the developer is a jackass, and a loudmouth idiot. But he's a dedicated loudmouth idiot, who put together a really profoundly clever and inventive platformer, that is a game you should play. If you can't separate the two issues, you're going to miss out on something great.

Here's hoping the cretinous moron goes on to make many more really clever games.
  25. May 17, 2014
    Who can say that FEZ is a bad game? Honestly, this game is a great platform game! The music is beautiful, the scenery as well, and on top of that the gameplay is enhanced by the fact that it is necessary to turn the screen to advance in the game I think it adds a real difficultée gaming platform, and this is a very good idea that developers found there!
  26. Mar 24, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece of indie development. Breathtaking locations, challenging puzzles, and head-scratching secrets make this game one of a kind. FEZ manages to be tough and challenging without every becoming frustrating. Anyone who gave this a bad rating because it crashed on their computer really have no respect for indies or indie developers.
  27. Mar 22, 2014
    I really enjoyed exploring this game. The mix of 2D/3D was a really nice concept. The only downside is that it is pretty easy. There are no enemies, and if you fall you respawn immediately with no consequences. Jumping to your death to get a hard to reach cube is a perfectly viable option.
    Most of the puzzles to beat the game are pretty easy, but then there are some puzzles that are pretty much impossible. After significant effort I looked some up online to see that I never would have known the solution.
    Overall I highly recommend this game for the neat exploration mechanics, but if you are a super hardcore gamer you might get bored pretty quick.
  28. Mar 22, 2014
    Отличный атмосферный инди-платформер, в замечательном выдержанном визуальном и музыкальном стиле. Саму игру еще не прошел, но от ее прохождения получаю массу эстетического удовольствия. Кто гонится за графоном и экшОном, просьба пройти мимо и не загаживать такую шедевральную в своем роде игру.
    P.S. После просмотра документального фильма "Indie game: the movie" еще больше полюбил Fez. И как дань уважения к разработчику этой игры (Phil Fish), ставлю твердую 10!
  29. Mar 20, 2014
    Smart game with some moments of pure genius. The perfect hybrid between a platform and a puzzle game, with the novelty of a "compressed 3D" world. Only for those who are searching for something to challenge the brain rather than the fingers.
  30. Mar 17, 2014
    An artistic masterpiece a must for any player who likes exploration made out of pixels with vivid colors and has an amazing sound track played by Disasterpeace make this game an incredible package to buy for only 9.99$.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Jun 23, 2013
    A masterpiece by any measure. [July 2013, p.89]
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A gorgeous puzzle-platformer that's both a treat for the eyes and a thorough workout for the mind. [July 2013, p.82]
  3. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    The variation of the broken-down elements of the game is such that, if you miss two or three of the dozens of screens of the game, you will have missed on something special and unique. [June 2013]