6.5

1. May 1, 2013
    This game is excellent. You've probably read all about it and are here to cry about a comment that he made about your videogames. The creative man behind it can talk a bit more than he should but honestly most of the comments I read on the internet are 1000x more reprehensible than saying Japanese video games suck. I don't understand how someone can make a sidescrolling puzzle masterpieceThis game is excellent. You've probably read all about it and are here to cry about a comment that he made about your videogames. The creative man behind it can talk a bit more than he should but honestly most of the comments I read on the internet are 1000x more reprehensible than saying Japanese video games suck. I don't understand how someone can make a sidescrolling puzzle masterpiece and be criticized by putting his foot in his mouth. I mean gamers are some of the worst people in the world and they're worried about some guy saying one or two silly things.

The game is not a typical side scroller. I guess the best way to describe it would be a open world puzzle game. It's amazing how complete it all feels though. I've played it on the Xbox and on Steam with no problems so far (like that save glitch). The world feels so alive and vibrant. Every single component of this game has a purpose or adds to the experience. It has its own language and its own vibe. I'm sure everyone is used to ignoring the user score on Metacritic but here it is especially important. This game is amazing.
  2. Jun 5, 2014
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    This was truly worth the wait for a PC port.... A platformer game in a 3D world that can be viewed from 4 sides and played as a flat 2D world - if two things touch then they are connected! I played this with a keyboard and mouse and had a blast. This game is hard.... PC hard.... At least 25% of puzzles cannot be solved the first time you encounter them.... And so I would keep playing other parts of the game and then come back - and BINGO I could figure out how to solve them. Too much fun for nine bucks and ninety nine cents! [/Pirate accent] Do Not Worry aboot finishin’ ‘e game....yule find hints and walkthrus all over ‘e ‘net....[/] This game is Fun.... PC Fun.... and if you don’t know what that means then go get a PC.... {I own a ColecoVision so why bother with a iPhone or an iPad - don’t be an rtard and go get yourself the ultimate gaming machine}. Treat yourself to true blue Indie Goodness. This game let’s you finish before all the problems are solved - and then [/spoiler] you get upgraded when you restart the [new game+] and just enjoy what happens.... These guys at Polytron are great.... This is the ultimate first game release that all game developers wish for.... and the ultimate indie game for you gaming nerds [buy this game] Released on PC 2013.05 and played by me [Random General thoughts]

- - - - build your own PC - sign up for Steam and blow your mind.

Yeah - PC gaming is where it…. is…. at.... ha ha ha hahaaaaaa haha aaahahaa ahahahah.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964
  3. Jul 9, 2013
    Fez is an amazing story. The game mechanics are very fun and intuitive, the art is eye meltingly beautiful, and when is comes to a soundtrack, this is one of the best I have ever heard. This game is a Solid 10/10
  4. Jun 14, 2013
    Brilliant, fun and challenging and so very creative with layers of depth if you wish to look below the surface. I would buy this game multiple times if it would help encourage more games with this level of creativity.
  5. Oct 4, 2013
    First of all I need to specify I had this game on a Humble Bundle deal, and by this time the bugs and glitches some have mentioned were obviously fixed as I didn't encounter any of them. The graphics are pixelated yes, but they are rich, colorful and there are plenty of little details in the fauna that makes things alive compared to most games that feel so sterile and boring after a fewFirst of all I need to specify I had this game on a Humble Bundle deal, and by this time the bugs and glitches some have mentioned were obviously fixed as I didn't encounter any of them. The graphics are pixelated yes, but they are rich, colorful and there are plenty of little details in the fauna that makes things alive compared to most games that feel so sterile and boring after a few minutes. This is not the case with FEZ; it's a game that was made with passion as a huge amount of details as been put in the game, which makes me wonder the agenda of those that gave the game a score below 6. I play this game on a PS2 gamepad using an adapter (not the most conventional way to play a pc game), nevertheless, I'd never had so much ease to input the controls and to make everything work so nicely on the first try; it's intuitive and enjoyable to rotate the map using the L1-L2 buttons although most people using a keyboard might have a harder time adjusting the controls to their taste. The game being pretty and having nice controls is sure nice but it wouldn't go anywhere near stardom classic without a master soundtrack, which happen to be the case here. The music is not the most melodic you'll ever hear; but it fits the game perfectly which make the whole package feels like symbiosis. I've seen a crapload of 2d games in the past few years that all look the same, FEZ is different; it feels unique, looks unique and is a memorable experience and for that it deserves to be reckon. Most of the reason you'll see bashing around this gem seem to be about the main developer being rude, whose seem to put too much love into his game and not enough for his community which make some people go mad about him and his creation. We seem to forget that the only thing we should expect from a developer is the game, nothing else. FEZ stands to me as one of the best 2d platformer on the pc, alongside Cave Story. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Expand
  6. May 2, 2013
    The game is simply amazing. I don't really care what Phil Fish says the thing is he made a masterpiece here. I really don't know how he figured out all the level designs by himself, but it works so well and so cleverly. Anyway, stop whining about his statements, and buy this game. The art design, the puzzles, and oh, the amazing soundtrack all make for one of the best indie games everThe game is simply amazing. I don't really care what Phil Fish says the thing is he made a masterpiece here. I really don't know how he figured out all the level designs by himself, but it works so well and so cleverly. Anyway, stop whining about his statements, and buy this game. The art design, the puzzles, and oh, the amazing soundtrack all make for one of the best indie games ever made. There are some bugs and crashes, but hey one guy did the art and the puzzles, and the other guy did the programming. I think we can forgive them, especially when this is their first PC project. Expand
  7. May 1, 2013
    Phil Fish, this review is a personal congratulation on your masterpiece. I know it is already 2 years since its release but only know I could fully comprehend the best inner part of the game. The system of turning the world from 2D to 3D is outstanding, graphics are brilliant, gameplay is marvelous and with that audio surroundings are perfectly relaxing. For such a price (which I considerPhil Fish, this review is a personal congratulation on your masterpiece. I know it is already 2 years since its release but only know I could fully comprehend the best inner part of the game. The system of turning the world from 2D to 3D is outstanding, graphics are brilliant, gameplay is marvelous and with that audio surroundings are perfectly relaxing. For such a price (which I consider nothing to give 2 guys who have been working their ass off to get this tremendous game) it is not only one of the best Indie games, but as well one of the best games created. Puzzles are interesting, storyline is fascinating and dialogues are funny! Hope you will read this and smile! Thank you again for the experience I have lived through because of you! 10/10, no questions Expand
  8. May 1, 2013
    This is an EXCELLENT game. It is intelligent. It has secrets and puzzles that take the game play way beyond the 'retro platformer" that I expected. It plays smooth and rewards exploration. I get the same rewarding enjoyment out of this game as I did when I played Portal, Portal 2 or Antichamber or the old-school Zork games. You feel accomplishment when a puzzle is solved or a secret isThis is an EXCELLENT game. It is intelligent. It has secrets and puzzles that take the game play way beyond the 'retro platformer" that I expected. It plays smooth and rewards exploration. I get the same rewarding enjoyment out of this game as I did when I played Portal, Portal 2 or Antichamber or the old-school Zork games. You feel accomplishment when a puzzle is solved or a secret is found. This is a game that makes you say, "Jeez, that's brilliant." To the people saying that it does not run well on their system, IT IS YOUR SYSTEM, NOT THE GAME. I am playing this on a 3 year old ASUS G74 laptop with a 24 inch external 1980 x 1200 monitor, much more then what the computer is designed for and it runs without any issues what-so-ever.

It game was $10 very well spent! I do suggest using a game pad when playing it as the game is designed to be played that way.

If you love ANY of the games I mentioned above, give this awesome game a try.
  9. May 1, 2013
    Amazing game. PC gamers who love platform games will love this game. When I first started playing I feel in love with the world. It's an amazing puzzle game and it does not cost that much at all. GET IT.
  10. May 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best indie released to this date. Don't listen to bad reviews because as you'll see they're only based on judgement about it's genius maker Phil Fish. And like all geniuses, it doesn't fit in a box that stupid people feel confortable with. But the game is un-criticable it's an innovative, beautifully designed and directed exploration game with a unique feel craftedThis game is one of the best indie released to this date. Don't listen to bad reviews because as you'll see they're only based on judgement about it's genius maker Phil Fish. And like all geniuses, it doesn't fit in a box that stupid people feel confortable with. But the game is un-criticable it's an innovative, beautifully designed and directed exploration game with a unique feel crafted from spot-on soundtrack and charming universe. Fùùù the haters Expand
  11. May 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. its always see a game with a different idea than just a shooter and it's really a platformer the a concept amazing visuals are breathtaking. I think the game plays really solid and as experience no other game can copy Expand
  12. Sep 1, 2013
    People just don't get this game. Its all about getting immersed in its amazing world. Its surely casual, and its the best of the best in being casual.
  13. May 4, 2013
    This is way better than the one on console (I own both), and I really didn't have any complaints at all. I'm not sure why people are even giving this game negative scores, If you actually read their reviews it sounds like they're joking about it.
  14. May 1, 2013
    This brought a new 3D world While staying in a 2D world A Very fun puzzle games for a low price and hours of Puzzles. If your looking for some puzzle fun this game is for you the worlds are very nicely designed.
  15. May 2, 2013
    FEZ brings pixels to life. The vivid colors and music that gives every scene its own style and atmosphere makes every discovery and exploration worthwhile. I could not stop smiling at it and at times I would just pause to appreciate the artistry and the environment. It gives a refreshing taste of platformer and puzzle games.
  16. May 9, 2013
    I wasn't sure what experience to expect, but for the little money you pay for it on Steam you are rewarded with a beautifully imagined game world.

Simple yet taxing on the brain, it really is a work of art. The outstanding soundtrack completes the immersion and you quickly understand why this game is so highly rated. The guy who created this and fellow contributors who helped

The guy who created this and fellow contributors who helped complete the magic are genius and we NEED these kind of people to thrive and succeed. The PC version plays in HD and is arguably the best version. So far the game runs stellar and I have had no problems with crashes running on Windows 8 64 bit and a ATI HD 7850 graphics card with 8GB of system memory.

Based on my experience, I would urge you to buy a copy immediately without hesitation.
  17. JAP
    May 11, 2013
    Fez is easily one of the best games i have ever played. The game play mechanics, the level design, the artwork, the secrets, new language and even counting system. everything is superbly done, and Polytron, most notably Phil Fish, deserves two thumbs up for creating a game that I found both challenging and entertaining (a rare feat in today's world of games where the majority of theFez is easily one of the best games i have ever played. The game play mechanics, the level design, the artwork, the secrets, new language and even counting system. everything is superbly done, and Polytron, most notably Phil Fish, deserves two thumbs up for creating a game that I found both challenging and entertaining (a rare feat in today's world of games where the majority of the gaming population plays games like COD or WOW.)
    So what are you waiting for? Every second you waste not finding Cubes and AntiCubes is another when the Hexahedron is in pieces, and every second the Hexahedron is in pieces the more the world glitches and falls apart, and the more the world glitches and falls apart the more the world is filled with black holes, and you don't really want to know when the world is full of black holes :P
    Buy it. Play it. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  18. May 12, 2013
    Firstly let me say that I have never written a metacritic review before, but I love this game so much that it physically hurts, and I just had to let other people know that. I'm an 80s and 90s kid mostly, and this game really took me back to the likes of Super Mario 64, and the Legend of Zelda series in it's ethos and gameplay style.

Firstly it is necessary to say that it is quite a

Firstly it is necessary to say that it is quite a smart game, and that might scare some people. There is thinking required to even reach the end of the game, let alone to 100% it so in that sense I can understand your average Call of Duty robot being put off by this. However what I will say is that this is hands-down the most faithful representation of those old platforming games you used to love, reproduced in beautiful and often pretty trippy 8-bit graphics. Furthermore, this is a game with depth I was able to re-explore areas I had already 'finished' when I learnt some of the game's later secrets. As a result, you feel like you know the layout of the world very well by the end, which add a really memorable character to the overall experience.

In short, if you like your games intelligent, thoughtfully designed, and completely absorbing, then you owe it to yourself to play this game. It's not a game which will last you for months and months, but it is an absolutely unforgettable and charming experience. Don't be put off by the people who are angry because they had to use their brain to play the game, or who had unfortunate technical issues and couldn't see past this. Many more people than that have had no issues, and have been impressed with this game as I have. This one really is not to be missed.
  19. May 14, 2013
    I didn't get sucked in by the hype. This game is great. Music, retro graphics, puzzles... I haven't played anything this fun in ages. I bought the soundtrack and remix soundtracks for it too the music is a cracker.

If you've got $10, spend it on this and make up your own mind. Some gonna love it, some not; it's maybe not serious enough for the "pro's", but if you want a fun platformer with buckets of style, this will make you ooh, aah and giggle in equal measure.

Oh, and it can be damn frustrating. Just before you solve that next piece of the puzzle...

Well done, Polytron. More please.
  20. Sep 28, 2013
    Fez is the only game that has actually made me fill up several notebook pages with notes about its puzzles. The core mechanic is mind-blowing and very versatile, and the puzzles are very hard but VERY rewarding to solve.

This is not to mention that Fez is a masterpiece both visually and audibly. The visuals and music combine to make a world that is incredibly absorbing and pleasant to play in.
  21. Jun 1, 2013
    I was waiting for this one for about 2 years since it has ralsed on XBOX. This game has awesome art, soundtrack and story. I don't really think that there's any bad aspect. And yes, it uses a lot of memory and CPU but it's not that bad at all.
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    This is probably the most aesthetically pleasing platformer of all time. The pixel art paired with the awesome soundtrack create a great gaming experience. This game was well worth the wait.
  23. Jun 15, 2013
    Perfect inexpressible atmosphere, cool puzzles and well conceived in detail it's all about FEZ. Everything in this game (except clock puzzle) is perfect. I've completed the game immediately after the release on the PC on my linux laptop through Wine and I have not met a single bug (crashes, broken saves, CPU overload, etc).

There are some people, who hates Phil Fish (general creator of

There are some people, who hates Phil Fish (general creator of FEZ) because Phil was shown as disgusting man (often just pulling words out of context). So, don't believe negative reviews: most likely they are not objective.
  24. Jun 23, 2013
    Fez is a love letter to classic gaming. Every bit of this game is detailed down to the last pixel. Fez is full of secrets and puzzles that make you think. Yes the game has a few minor glitches but when is any game perfect. It is amazing to see that Phil Fish was able to release this game to pc where it belongs and Microsoft for wanting $10,000 just to patch it. Designing games is not easyFez is a love letter to classic gaming. Every bit of this game is detailed down to the last pixel. Fez is full of secrets and puzzles that make you think. Yes the game has a few minor glitches but when is any game perfect. It is amazing to see that Phil Fish was able to release this game to pc where it belongs and Microsoft for wanting $10,000 just to patch it. Designing games is not easy and for this to be Phil's first project shows that FEZ 2 will be even better. Expand
  25. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is really cool especial the game play really fluid actually a awesome history graphic for a indi game actually awesome but the change of view principle was really estrange after you manners it Expand
  26. Aug 7, 2013
    2 minutes in game and you understand that game starts ideally. You can't believe in it and... make first steps, listen first music. After you understand that is why games often have name Art. All game emotional kick. And this kick like knockout. Fast and accurate.
    It's a story and emotions, very private and very personally. I always feel myself like a thief who sneaking in another life and watching by her from shelter. Surprised by her. Believes in her and is jealous of her. Incredible world. Incredible music. And incredible game.
  27. Aug 1, 2013
    Amazing synthesis of platformer and puzzle game. Fun, challenging, beautiful. It was a long time since game forced me to write down encrypted messages to decode them. And I liked it!
  28. Aug 3, 2013
    Very well made and interesting game, i would recommend it to ALL gamers. Not just indie/platformer enthusiasts. The gameplay is not hard, considering you can never die. Though i seem to be stuck at places that requires me to wrinkle my brain to progress. 10+!
  29. Sep 29, 2013
    I don't see what all the bad press is for Fez is easily one of my favourite platformers. The rotation concept works well, and the retro graphics complement it beautifully. Puzzles are well designed and challenging. I do agree that there could have been a little bit more of a tutorial, but I managed to pick everything up pretty easily. All in all, very good.
  30. Feb 10, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, im not usually into these kinda 8 bit looking games but this one made me feel like a kid again was some trippy effects almost old school Atari like, really enjoyed this game.

1. Jun 23, 2013
    A masterpiece by any measure. [July 2013, p.89]
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A gorgeous puzzle-platformer that's both a treat for the eyes and a thorough workout for the mind. [July 2013, p.82]
    The variation of the broken-down elements of the game is such that, if you miss two or three of the dozens of screens of the game, you will have missed on something special and unique. [June 2013]