6.5

1. Nov 23, 2014
    A pretty good puzzle platformer that suffers from confusing level design, rather plain visuals, and the unfortunate aspect of having an absolutely terrible developer.
  2. TvH
    Nov 23, 2014
    A beautiful, atmospheric, and thoughtful masterpiece that should be played by anyone with an utter passion for video games, and the history behind them.
  3. Nov 7, 2014
    Very cheap, trashy game. All of it's "gameplay" is stolen from other games. There is NOTHING original here. This game has a lot of game breaking bugs that still haven't been fixed. Buy at your own risk.
  4. Oct 27, 2014
    A visually stunning game that has a questionable story, FEZ takes a bold step into the modern gamer's realm and manages to topple my expectations. Overall, it is a pretty solid game.
  5. Oct 4, 2014
    Un très bon jeu vraiment surprenant qui mêle habilement plateforme oldschool et réflexion.
    Au début le jeu reste un jeu de plateforme classique mais très vite on se rend compte de la profondeur du jeu.
    Car le système de jeu de FEZ met en place un système de perspective bien pensé. Il faut tourner l'angle dans un sens ou l'autre pour changer les distances et ainsi progresser dans le jeu.
    Car le système de jeu de FEZ met en place un système de perspective bien pensé.
    En plus, le jeu donne du fil à retorde avec ses énigmes (surtout pour trouver les anti cubes).
    Il faut prendre des notes et comprendre le fonctionnement de l'alphabet de FEZ, déchiffrer les nombres, découvrir des combinaisons de touches, etc..
    FEZ regorge également de clins d’œil (à Mario ou Zelda principalement) et de secrets qu'il faut découvrir.
    Seul ombre au tableau, quelques bug sont présents par moment et certains obligent a relancer le jeu.. Heureusement, la sauvegarde est automatique.
    A part ça c'est un très bon jeu, très prenant et attachant (le jeu m'a accroché si bien que j'ai passé quelques jours pour le finir avec tout les cubes et les différentes fin).
    Une très bonne découverte pour ma part.
  6. Sep 13, 2014
    One of the best arcade/indie games i played back in 2013 and personally one of my favourite games, still listening to its incredible soundtrack. For the fans of retro genre and great puzzles.
  7. Aug 25, 2014
    Style over substance. The game combines a retro style with some beautiful scenes to create a lovely visual experience. The music - probably the best feature of the game - accentuates this, combining retro video game music with warm, ambient synths. The overall aesthetic affect is powerful. Unfortunately, this is where the clear creative vision ends. The story starts strongly enough, andStyle over substance. The game combines a retro style with some beautiful scenes to create a lovely visual experience. The music - probably the best feature of the game - accentuates this, combining retro video game music with warm, ambient synths. The overall aesthetic affect is powerful. Unfortunately, this is where the clear creative vision ends. The story starts strongly enough, and there is some witty and quirky dialogue, but this quickly fades away into nothing. The only reason for this seems to be laziness on the part of the developers - the game is clearly crying out for a good story, and there is abundant opportunity for populating the world with interesting characters with interesting dialogue, but there is a total absence of these things. Lastly, but most importantly, the gameplay. This is the least focused aspect of all. The central mechanic to the game involves rotating the 2D word by 90 degrees to see it from different angles. It is clever and original, and has huge potential for some clever puzzles and gameplay elements. Regrettably, this potential is completely unattained, and asides from a couple of simple uses of the mechanic which you quickly get used to, it is really just used as a stylistic element rather than an integral part of the gameplay, so that the game really just becomes a very bland platformer. It seems that the developers were either too incapable or lazy to turn the mechanic into an actual game, or else they simply failed to recognise its potential and focus on it. Instead, rather bizarrely, the gameplay slowly descends into obscure puzzles involving code breaking or noticing obscure parts of the environment. None of these puzzles are well-designed or enjoyable, and a number of them are downright bad. All in all, I did initially enjoy playing this game purely as an aesthetic experience, rather like the experience of peacefully observing a painting, so I can't give it a very low score, and you should give it a try if you are into that kind of thing. However, once you have had enough of the sensual experience, stop playing, as its artistic merits are woefully unmatched by its merits as a game. For this reason I can't give it a high score either. A score of 5 therefore seems appropriate. Expand
  8. Aug 4, 2014
    Fez in theory is a great idea. You take a retro sort of feel, and literally put a spin on it. And for the most part, Phil Fish did a great job. I enjoy the game, but it is a little slow paced for my taste. With that said, everything else is pretty nice. The graphics, the sounds, the controls. It was all good, I just found myself bored after a while.
  9. Jul 26, 2014
    In my opinion this is one of the best games I've ever seen. The game isn't meant to be difficult, it is about letting your curiosity and sense of wonder move you through the world of FEZ.
  10. Jul 20, 2014
    Really innovative platformer. With nice music and colorful graphics. I think it is not as hard as it looks like at the beginning but you must use your brain.
  11. Jun 19, 2014
    OVER-HYPED FODDER.

This game... wow. The art style is pretty boring. The game play is somewhat unique however it fails on nearly every level of being exciting or challenging. You have gameplay like this and the entire game is still a walk in the park? Who MADE these levels? A second grader? The main character is completely bland and uninteresting. I could care less about his hat (a
    OVER-HYPED FODDER.

The main character is completely bland and uninteresting. I could care less about his hat (a fez, which the game was named after. Yes. The game was named after the worst hat type in human existence).

In the end, pass completely on this. I can't believe ANYONE would give this a 10. Seriously? FODDER
  12. Jun 14, 2014
    Fez is a great game, it has an innovative gameplay, colorful graphics and a nice storyline, the gameplay is a little confusing at first thought, but when you get used to it is very nice, i really liked it and i think is nice and innovative.
  13. Jun 10, 2014
    Uno de los juegos mejor valorados de la historia, pero a parte de contenido visual sinceramente no me dijo nada. Tal vez demasiado hype alrededor que luego no se ve cumplido. Si te interesa lo indie es una buena compra, aunque mejor para rebajas.
  14. Jun 5, 2014
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    This was truly worth the wait for a PC port.... A platformer game in a 3D world that can be viewed from 4 sides and played as a flat 2D world - if two things touch then they are connected! I played this with a keyboard and mouse and had a blast. This game is hard.... PC hard.... At least 25% of puzzles cannot be solved the first time you encounter them.... And so I would keep playing other parts of the game and then come back - and BINGO I could figure out how to solve them. Too much fun for nine bucks and ninety nine cents! [/Pirate accent] Do Not Worry aboot finishin’ ‘e game....yule find hints and walkthrus all over ‘e ‘net....[/] This game is Fun.... PC Fun.... and if you don’t know what that means then go get a PC.... {I own a ColecoVision so why bother with a iPhone or an iPad - don’t be an rtard and go get yourself the ultimate gaming machine}. Treat yourself to true blue Indie Goodness. This game let’s you finish before all the problems are solved - and then [/spoiler] you get upgraded when you restart the [new game+] and just enjoy what happens.... These guys at Polytron are great.... This is the ultimate first game release that all game developers wish for.... and the ultimate indie game for you gaming nerds [buy this game] Released on PC 2013.05 and played by me [Random General thoughts]

- - - - build your own PC - sign up for Steam and blow your mind.

Yeah - PC gaming is where it…. is…. at.... ha ha ha hahaaaaaa haha aaahahaa ahahahah.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964
  15. Jun 2, 2014
    A masterpiece. A magic world, an amazing and original gameplay, great puzzles and hard enigmas, definitely one of my favourite games. Buy it, you won't be disappointed, trust me.
  16. May 19, 2014
    Excellent, clever game, that gets more poor user reviews than it deserves because people are butthurt and extraordinarily whiny over comments the developer made.

In the end, the developer is a jackass, and a loudmouth idiot. But he's a dedicated loudmouth idiot, who put together a really profoundly clever and inventive platformer, that is a game you should play. If you can't separate the two issues, you're going to miss out on something great.

Here's hoping the cretinous moron goes on to make many more really clever games.
  17. May 17, 2014
    Who can say that FEZ is a bad game? Honestly, this game is a great platform game! The music is beautiful, the scenery as well, and on top of that the gameplay is enhanced by the fact that it is necessary to turn the screen to advance in the game I think it adds a real difficultée gaming platform, and this is a very good idea that developers found there!
  18. Apr 30, 2014
    A lot of people say they had problems running the game. It ran just fine on my old Core 2 Duo build with a cheapo GeForce 210 card. Maybe I just got lucky.

Some of the other common criticisms: -The graphics weren't groundbreaking, or even original, just retro-platformer style with a 3D twist tossed in. I thought it was aesthetically pleasing enough, and the different areas had varied

Some of the other common criticisms:
    I thought it was aesthetically pleasing enough, and the different areas had varied looks and feels to them, so I didn't think it was monotonous. Awe-inducing? No. Original? Not particularly. It may not be groundbreaking but I didn't think it was boring.

-Navigation requires a lot of back-tracking.
    Yeah, it does at times. Once you learn a section you can get through fast enough though, and there are some warp gates that let you jump past a few otherwise long journeys. Annoying at times, but not unbearable.

-You can't die, ergo there's no challenge.
    I was okay with that. I enjoyed it more for the puzzles, and honestly if I had to go back to the bottom of the screen every time I fell off a ledge it would be a lot more frustrating than fun.

-The puzzles were too easy, ergo there's no challenge.
    Maybe I'm just stupider than the other people who played this game, but I thought the puzzles were challenging enough to be interesting but not so abstract that I wanted to pull my hair out. They at least took some time and thought to figure out. I enjoyed working out the cryptograms for the alphabet and numbers, then going back to solve the puzzles that required the ability to read, and I didn't mind the fact that some of the puzzles could only be solved during the second play through.

My final thoughts: It was pretty fun. It isn't stressful so you can play casually. You have to play through twice to solve all the puzzles, but the second time around the puzzles you solved stay solved so it's not too painful. It held my interest long enough that I didn't mind. I think the people who gave bad reviews just have really high expectations.
  19. Apr 9, 2014
    Very bad performance issues, bland gameplay and overly repetitive. Developer is one of the biggest cry babies to ever set foot in the gaming industry. Keep your Fez 2, nobody wants it.
  20. Mar 24, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece of indie development. Breathtaking locations, challenging puzzles, and head-scratching secrets make this game one of a kind. FEZ manages to be tough and challenging without every becoming frustrating. Anyone who gave this a bad rating because it crashed on their computer really have no respect for indies or indie developers.
  21. Mar 22, 2014
    I really enjoyed exploring this game. The mix of 2D/3D was a really nice concept. The only downside is that it is pretty easy. There are no enemies, and if you fall you respawn immediately with no consequences. Jumping to your death to get a hard to reach cube is a perfectly viable option.
    Most of the puzzles to beat the game are pretty easy, but then there are some puzzles that are pretty much impossible. After significant effort I looked some up online to see that I never would have known the solution.
    Overall I highly recommend this game for the neat exploration mechanics, but if you are a super hardcore gamer you might get bored pretty quick.
  22. Mar 22, 2014
    Отличный атмосферный инди-платформер, в замечательном выдержанном визуальном и музыкальном стиле. Саму игру еще не прошел, но от ее прохождения получаю массу эстетического удовольствия. Кто гонится за графоном и экшОном, просьба пройти мимо и не загаживать такую шедевральную в своем роде игру.
    P.S. После просмотра документального фильма "Indie game: the movie" еще больше полюбил Fez. И как дань уважения к разработчику этой игры (Phil Fish), ставлю твердую 10!
  23. Mar 20, 2014
    Smart game with some moments of pure genius. The perfect hybrid between a platform and a puzzle game, with the novelty of a "compressed 3D" world. Only for those who are searching for something to challenge the brain rather than the fingers.
  24. Mar 17, 2014
    An artistic masterpiece a must for any player who likes exploration made out of pixels with vivid colors and has an amazing sound track played by Disasterpeace make this game an incredible package to buy for only 9.99$.
  25. Mar 16, 2014
    Why does this masterpiece get so much hate? The game has a simple concept, surrounding many secrets. If all you haters would leave the creator alone, we would see a sequel. The language gives you a challenge, and the puzzles are well thought out. If you really played the game, you would understand why it's not what these users are saying.
  26. Feb 26, 2014
    Manic Miner graphics from 1983. ??? No thanks. Should be some kind of warning before buy that. Feels pretty cheated cause this is worst game I ever tried to play!
  27. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so creative, a masterpiece, isn't intended to have beautiful graphics, but it's the mostly pure art.

These Fez puzzles are absolutely great and fun to solve, so many hidden places, hidden stuff, one of the best games that I played in 2013/14.
  28. Feb 10, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, im not usually into these kinda 8 bit looking games but this one made me feel like a kid again was some trippy effects almost old school Atari like, really enjoyed this game.
  29. Jan 21, 2014
    The game is interesting but not very enjoyable. This puzzle platformer will twist your mind. It has some really interesting game mechanics but the whole game is rather boring. I would not recommend this game for playing. However, I would definitely recommend checking it out if you want to see something new.
  30. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This negative response, by an army of internet **** to this game just because the maker of the game cracked under the pressure of an army of internet **** is... sad, to say the least. This game is a stroke of genius, and while it certainly has its flaws ( a lot of the puzzles just appear recycled in the later stages) these are few and VERY far between. Lets start with the gameplay; i have heard a lot of people on the steam reviews criticise this game for being overly simply... then you look at their playtime; 20 minutes sometimes... wow. This game, while it looks it at first, is not a game to be taken lightly. what appears to be a small, relatively linear cube filled world turns into a sprawling universe, complete with intricate level design, sound design and a seemingly endless list of puzzles... for Christs sake, this guy made a entire language, code and timeline simply for one game. The non-existence of a death penalty perfectly suits the pace of the game, as does the lack of any enemies. This game is one to be played in many many short sessions.
    Moving on, graphics and aesthetic;...SPOT ON, PHIL! from the unique design of every block to a quick brown fox jumping over the lazy dog, and then to the character Gomez (the fez bearer) everything is fantastic just to stare at, to say nothing of interacting with it.
    all in all, this game has an overwhelming amount of content that is well worth the five year wait.
    If i was allowed, i would give this an 11
  31. Jan 5, 2014
    FEZ is one of the best indie games of all times, from the graphics to the mechanics, characters, script and specially the music (which is now a part of my daily commute routine)... each one of its details has been carefully developed, creating a fun and absolutely enjoyable game that will give you hours of entertainment.

Most of the game mechanics are very intuitive, and the 2D/3D logic

Most of the game mechanics are very intuitive, and the 2D/3D logic it's absolutely beautiful and nostalgic. The only downside is that it could be pretty hard to decipher some puzzles: not so easy to understand the meaning of the glyphs, but that's just a part of the game and you can even play it all without solving those puzzles (of course, you can easily find some cheat sheets to help a little bit).

I'd love to play a FEZ 2
  32. Dec 28, 2013
    Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable game. All of the low scores are because of it's crashes/glitches in early stages, these are ALL FIXED as far as I'm concerned. This game revolves around collecting objects, and with no actual fast-paced action it's a very calming game, and not to mention it's very atmospheric as well! Very fun game here, I just wish the worlds/levels were set up a littleAbsolutely beautiful and enjoyable game. All of the low scores are because of it's crashes/glitches in early stages, these are ALL FIXED as far as I'm concerned. This game revolves around collecting objects, and with no actual fast-paced action it's a very calming game, and not to mention it's very atmospheric as well! Very fun game here, I just wish the worlds/levels were set up a little more organized, it is very easy to get lost and ends up wasting a lot of time you could've spent exploring more of this very unique and beautiful world! Overall though, I definitely recommend this game to anyone that wants a relaxing, slow-paced platformer, with beautiful, eye-pleasing visuals and classic retro sound effects, and an awesome atmosphere and a truly unique world. Expand
  33. Dec 26, 2013
    Brilliant game that introduces a new and interesting gameplay mechanic where the player can rotate a 2 dimensional world.

The goal is to roam around in an open world and solve puzzles. When that is done you are awarded with cubes or "bits" which make up a cube when you have 8 of them. These elements mark your progress throughout the game. You make progress partly by getting through

You make progress partly by getting through platforming segments and then furter on deciphering codes or finding different patterns in the world which lead you to a solution. The latter is something I personally look positively on because for once the player is actually required to think a bit more to make any progress.

The game presents itself in a very calm fashion with (GREAT) 8-bit ambient music and cute art style.

There are a lot of (REAAAALLYY) well hidden secrets in this game so be prepared to challenge yourself if you want to experience the most interesting parts.

Overall I think the game was definitely worth the money and I would say that any player out there who is eager to try something new and original should absolutely try FEZ.

My score is:

+ (Great) Original idea
    + Awesome sountrack
    + Calm and appealing atmosphere

- The hub based world traveling could have been better
    - Some elements (black holes) where distracting at certain parts of the game
  34. Dec 10, 2013
    Another greatly over rated PC game. I think this game mostly appeals to people who like to search out secrets. I dislike that type of game so I found to be mind numbingly boring.
    For such a simple game it runs pretty slowly on my PC, which runs most modern games very well. Controls with my Xbox wireless controller are a bit off, Fez would sometimes wander off and fall off the screen.
  35. Dec 9, 2013
    A game for all ages, truly. Such a joy to see a 16 bit revival going on. Brilliant mechanics, soothing ambient soundtrack. I really am enjoying this game! It's also a relief to play a game devoid of obscene language, unnecessary gore, and suggestive content that is so fun to play. Good clean fun for everyone
  36. Dec 6, 2013
    Sometimes it's very hard, yes... but the atmosphere and the 8-bit graphics are fantastic! il liked it very much! i know that this review is useless but i'm useless too so i wrote it. daah! just kidding! i'm a spaceship!
  37. Dec 5, 2013
    The Best Indie Puzzle Platform Videogame of last years. The soundtrack, the gameplay, the story, the pixel graphic, the landscapes are ULTRA BEAUTIFUL For the first minute i don't enjoy very much with this game but after playing some hours this game become your best choice for having some fun and sincerely i don't like very much this indie puzzle platform videogames (like Mark of theThe Best Indie Puzzle Platform Videogame of last years. The soundtrack, the gameplay, the story, the pixel graphic, the landscapes are ULTRA BEAUTIFUL For the first minute i don't enjoy very much with this game but after playing some hours this game become your best choice for having some fun and sincerely i don't like very much this indie puzzle platform videogames (like Mark of the Ninja) but this is very beautiful, it's like Super Mario for gameboy but the 10.0 upgrade version for the amount of innovations. Expand
  38. Dec 3, 2013
    This is an art game, a complete zen experience. You need sometime to understand all moviments anda concepts. Soundtrack is really amazing. I`m sure that the autor took so long time to deliver this game because tried to do the best of him
  39. Nov 30, 2013
    I am in utter shock as too why players don't like this game. "It's great!!"

I am in utter shock as too why players don't like this game. "It's great!!"

Everything about this games save for some aspects of the graphics is absolutely perfect. The controls the audio, the gameplay is all top notch and the devs put a lot of effort into what I thought might be an okay game, but boy was I surprised at the wonderment that this game yields to players. This is better than Mario or most other platy's hands down....due in no small part to the depth of the dimensions and what they add. The characters are charming and the concept is brilliant.

Kudos to the devs and hats off to you for this lil gem...hope we see more of these type of games in the future.
  40. Nov 26, 2013
    Another artistic retro indie game, that's new. If you love to stroke your ego by playing a generic 8-bit platformer with little to no challenge, this is for you. At least you'll know you're superior to those idiots that just don't understand the art behind every pixel.
  41. Nov 19, 2013
    Terrible game. The story is obvious and already seen so many times, this game just try to be original in all the way that he can, but always fails.

Seriously, this whole thing about mixing 3D and 2D is too overused. And the gameplay sistem is all messed up, seems like it want the player to go mad. Is impossible to play. I give it credits, the intro was very nice, probably the only

I give it credits, the intro was very nice, probably the only part of the game that wasn't frustrating, and the ambience and animations are really well made. They should have spend all this time thinking about the story and not those little things.

A game that I don't suggest to play. Never-ever.
  42. Nov 13, 2013
    Very charming and fun old school game with a fantastic twist on the 2.5D angle. There may well be some bugs but if you can fight past those you have a very witty, fun and warm game.
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    Phil Fish an absolute hipster tosspot, and Fez is one of the worst games ever made. There is no challenge to be had here. There are no enemies and if you die, you restart immediately where you left off. The graphics look like a poor man's version of the poor man's version of Cave Story, and unlike other indie games, doesn't even have good music.

And don't forget the "FUNNY INTERNET

And don't forget the "FUNNY INTERNET JOKES" because you know, indie games. Fez 2 is cancelled? Good. The world has been spared from more of Phil Fish's awful games.
  44. Oct 29, 2013
    Just signed up here to write this review and doubt I will give any other game a 10 for a very long time. In almost 30 years of gaming (I'm 33) this has to rate as one of the best experiences I've had. As you make your way to 209.4% you will laugh, catch your breath, shiver and have spontaneous outbursts as you slowly work things out (mostly) by yourself, moving deeper into the story andJust signed up here to write this review and doubt I will give any other game a 10 for a very long time. In almost 30 years of gaming (I'm 33) this has to rate as one of the best experiences I've had. As you make your way to 209.4% you will laugh, catch your breath, shiver and have spontaneous outbursts as you slowly work things out (mostly) by yourself, moving deeper into the story and levels of Fez and past just being a game, through classic, and ending at masterpiece.
    Thanks so much Polytron.
  45. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed playing this game. It gets great marks for the art, it was so well done and crisp, quite gorgeous, even the soundtrack and music contributed. Of course the rotating mechanic was great fun and I felt that it never grew tiresome. The rest, however... was somewhat disappointing, here are my two major gripes:

1) Puzzles I'm not sure if the developer intended this but I gave up and simply searched the internet for several puzzles. I would challenge a majority of players to not do the same. It feels unfair to knock this game for that, it's not the designer's fault, I wouldn't ask him to dumb his creation down. But the puzzles aren't for everyone and some were so obscure that when I searched for the answer I didn't say, "duh, I should've thought've that!"

2) The ending was very unsatisfying. The dialogue just simply stops, you're told in the beginning to collect the cubes and are given a purpose. At the end you're left with what seems to be abstract geometry. It's left up to me to decide how to interpret it, and I think my efforts in game were pointless and unrewarding. I could've stopped at any point I got bored and fared no worse.

In the end, I'm glad I played it, but wished I could've prefaced my experience with what I should expect. I enjoyed Paper Mario so there's that.
  46. Oct 26, 2013
    I would first like to say that this is a review of the game, not the developer.

In a nutshell, FEZ is an interesting puzzle/platformer with a twist, but there's more to it than that. FEZ paints a pixelated picture of an innocent gaming land, a place where no harm can come. The only threat is that of falling; there are no aliens to shoot, bad guys to kill, no enemies of any kind. The
    I would first like to say that this is a review of the game, not the developer.

The art in this game definitely gets a 10/10 from me, as well as the soundtrack. The only reason I don't give this game a perfect score is because of the slightly boring gameplay. Yes I said it. As I described above, it's beautiful. Amazing. With so many secrets, easter-eggs, and places to go this game should offer many hours of exploring. I guess I just haven't found the interest in doing so.
  47. Oct 23, 2013
    This game is great if you know what you're getting into. I used to spend some time playing Sword and Sworcery with my headphones on between the hours of 12 a.m. and 3 a.m., and I loved it. Fez is for those who want a similar experience. It's not strenuous, it isn't meant to get your adrenaline flowing, its just a puzzle game, with one very simply yet creative and complex mechanic. TheThis game is great if you know what you're getting into. I used to spend some time playing Sword and Sworcery with my headphones on between the hours of 12 a.m. and 3 a.m., and I loved it. Fez is for those who want a similar experience. It's not strenuous, it isn't meant to get your adrenaline flowing, its just a puzzle game, with one very simply yet creative and complex mechanic. The simplicity of the game combined with the art design and a rather relaxing soundtrack put it at the top of my list.

Now that being said, another one of my favorite concepts within the game can also be the most frustrating. The secrets within Fez require a lot of tedious work, and on occasion you will have to cheat or simply discover some secrets on accident. It took me an age and a half to realize how to translate the language created by Polytron. And some rooms that contain secrets I've spent what has felt like ages walking around in, only for them to still remain mysteries for me today.

The other issue I have with the game is that the PC version is a somewhat lazy port. On rare occasion you will find the game referring to Xbox controls. I myself also have a serious issue with playing the game in fullscreen on higher resolutions, resulting in bad flicker, screen tears and lines across the monitor (however this seems to be a personal build issue, as I don't see it reported very often).

Overall I gave this game an 8/10. It really is a lovely experience for those who are looking for just that. You are never punished for making mistakes, you just try your hand at the puzzles until they are solved. I do wish there would be a few minor fixes for the game, but I honestly do believe that this was a success by Polytron, and I do hope to see more from them in the future.
  48. Oct 21, 2013
    A nostalgic re-imagining of what 8bit gaming felt like modernized for the Internet age. The hey day of 8bit gaming was decorated with Nintendo titles that hinted at vast expansive worlds realized through simplistic subtle details. Prior to universal access to information school yards collective minds elaborated these subtle details into pervasive and rich worlds filled with rumour andA nostalgic re-imagining of what 8bit gaming felt like modernized for the Internet age. The hey day of 8bit gaming was decorated with Nintendo titles that hinted at vast expansive worlds realized through simplistic subtle details. Prior to universal access to information school yards collective minds elaborated these subtle details into pervasive and rich worlds filled with rumour and myths. Fez re-imagines a universe knowingly inside a Computer where the characters are hapless victims shackled to their limited perspective.

Reality is constantly exposed as a layered onion with the protagonist Gomez bridging the gaps to not only additional dimensions but genuinely new perspectives as the rich world is genuinely realized and delivers in a way the classic 8bit universes never did. The puzzles in the game are deliberately challenging, including entire encoded languages, fourth dimensional treasure maps and secrets in the soundtrack wave forms. Only the collective effort of the Internet could the deceptively rich world of Fez be unraveled.

Many games have resurrected the game play of the 8bit era, but this is perhaps the first to invoke the same school yard myth making of the 8bit era. The Internet is rife with speculation of meaning found in its subtle clues. The most challenging of optional puzzles cannot be solved without years of collective effort.

One of a kind.
  49. Oct 20, 2013
    I really like the concept of the 2d 3d mix and Fez pulls this off very well. The art and music is fantastic, very peaceful. My only problem with Fez is the plot and the length of the game. Within an hour I got bored of the game with no real end in sight. Having some kind of progress bar to show how long left till the end would help relieve boredom with the occasional "Wow, I'm gettingI really like the concept of the 2d 3d mix and Fez pulls this off very well. The art and music is fantastic, very peaceful. My only problem with Fez is the plot and the length of the game. Within an hour I got bored of the game with no real end in sight. Having some kind of progress bar to show how long left till the end would help relieve boredom with the occasional "Wow, I'm getting really far into the game now!" Expand
  50. Oct 19, 2013
    FEZ is a very beautiful game and has many creative features. The one problem with the game is that in the beginning, it is very confusing to get the hang of the controls when adjusting perspective. FEZ also has a large number of glitches but do not affect the gameplay to heavily.
  51. Oct 19, 2013
    What is up with the critic love-fest going on here? Admittedly I did feel all warm and fuzzy for the first hour of playing this game and I wanted to tell my friends about it. However, after that first hour I realized that this game is pretty much just.... blaaah. My reasons are varied, but I will just say this: "Fez" gets very boring, very fast. It absolutely does not deserve the hype itWhat is up with the critic love-fest going on here? Admittedly I did feel all warm and fuzzy for the first hour of playing this game and I wanted to tell my friends about it. However, after that first hour I realized that this game is pretty much just.... blaaah. My reasons are varied, but I will just say this: "Fez" gets very boring, very fast. It absolutely does not deserve the hype it is getting. It is aesthetically pleasing in some respects, but that is all. Expand
  52. Oct 17, 2013
    People maybe are a bit confused. Be an original game doesn't mean necessary to be a good game. I don't like the graphic, this retro style is only an excuse for lazy indie developers to create cheap graphic. The concept is original but puzzles become very boring after a while. I have no idea how some people define this a Masterpice.. Tetris was a masterpiece, not this retro-mambo-jumbo game.
  53. Oct 16, 2013
    This game isn't necessarily innovating much, but the way it utilizes the mechanics and clever puzzles that require more than just in-game tools makes it quite unique. The game has quite a lot of bugs though, and while most aren't game-breaking, it does kind of remove the player from the experience.
  54. Oct 14, 2013
    Technical Issues[1]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[5.0]
  55. Oct 11, 2013
    Fez is all about beautiful bright colored pixel art and great retro-ish music but unfortunately I can't praise the gameplay. Fez is a 2D puzzle platformer with an unique twist that let's you "change your point of view". This means that the world is in 3D but you can look at it from one side at a time. This allows for great puzzle elements but get's stale quite quickly, after all there'sFez is all about beautiful bright colored pixel art and great retro-ish music but unfortunately I can't praise the gameplay. Fez is a 2D puzzle platformer with an unique twist that let's you "change your point of view". This means that the world is in 3D but you can look at it from one side at a time. This allows for great puzzle elements but get's stale quite quickly, after all there's just a little that you can do aside from jumping and there are only few collectables and even those are only for completionists since they offer no new mechanics to the game. For me it feels that all the effort has been in developing this neat trick of 2D/3D but it's not enough to carry the whole game. Expand
  56. Oct 8, 2013
    One Word: Nonsense. Another Word: Rubbish. Finally, it's plain stupid for anyone to even consider playing this game. SEGA's time has come and gone. So stop reminding us with this 2d/Block 3d game. I don't even know what dimension to call it.
  57. Oct 4, 2013
    First of all I need to specify I had this game on a Humble Bundle deal, and by this time the bugs and glitches some have mentioned were obviously fixed as I didn't encounter any of them. The graphics are pixelated yes, but they are rich, colorful and there are plenty of little details in the fauna that makes things alive compared to most games that feel so sterile and boring after a fewFirst of all I need to specify I had this game on a Humble Bundle deal, and by this time the bugs and glitches some have mentioned were obviously fixed as I didn't encounter any of them. The graphics are pixelated yes, but they are rich, colorful and there are plenty of little details in the fauna that makes things alive compared to most games that feel so sterile and boring after a few minutes. This is not the case with FEZ; it's a game that was made with passion as a huge amount of details as been put in the game, which makes me wonder the agenda of those that gave the game a score below 6. I play this game on a PS2 gamepad using an adapter (not the most conventional way to play a pc game), nevertheless, I'd never had so much ease to input the controls and to make everything work so nicely on the first try; it's intuitive and enjoyable to rotate the map using the L1-L2 buttons although most people using a keyboard might have a harder time adjusting the controls to their taste. The game being pretty and having nice controls is sure nice but it wouldn't go anywhere near stardom classic without a master soundtrack, which happen to be the case here. The music is not the most melodic you'll ever hear; but it fits the game perfectly which make the whole package feels like symbiosis. I've seen a crapload of 2d games in the past few years that all look the same, FEZ is different; it feels unique, looks unique and is a memorable experience and for that it deserves to be reckon. Most of the reason you'll see bashing around this gem seem to be about the main developer being rude, whose seem to put too much love into his game and not enough for his community which make some people go mad about him and his creation. We seem to forget that the only thing we should expect from a developer is the game, nothing else. FEZ stands to me as one of the best 2d platformer on the pc, alongside Cave Story. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Expand
  58. Oct 3, 2013
    Fez. There has been said a lot, but I'm happy I hardly read any of it before playing this game. In short this multidimensional puzzle-platformer has a lot of great ideas, novel puzzles and some ridiculously stupid ones which are way too convoluted for their own good. Which are which? Well, for most of them it depends on your own ability to solve them and make use of out of the boxFez. There has been said a lot, but I'm happy I hardly read any of it before playing this game. In short this multidimensional puzzle-platformer has a lot of great ideas, novel puzzles and some ridiculously stupid ones which are way too convoluted for their own good. Which are which? Well, for most of them it depends on your own ability to solve them and make use of out of the box thinking. But if you want every and all of them solved you'll end up on the internet looking for solutions. Now I don't know if that's a good thing. Maybe it was supposed to bring people together on forums, some sort of indirect multiplayer aspect. Maybe it was just done to troll on players. Probably a bit of both. What I do like -to a certain extend- are the links to the world outside of gaming. Can't say too much about that without spoiling it though.

I love Fez's graphic style. The colors are great, I enjoyed the paper-mario like mixture of 2D and 3D graphics and the special effects are really nice and flashy. At the time I played it there were no bugs whatsoever, so everything went smooth on that part.The world itself has the usual places (sewers, forest, city, graveyard) but I like the way they have been executed. Level design is not ultimate best, but the whole rotating aspect and the multitude of stuff to discover make them very interesting nevertheless.
    The story isn't told completely mute, but it could have been. It's not a very deep one on it's own, but it does make you think multi-dimensional thoughts, so to speak. It airs of wisdomintelligence and simplicity all at the same time (sometimes humorous), and that's a feeling you'll experience a lot during the game.

All in all I enjoyed Fez a lot and I hope some of the novelties will be reused in puzzlers yet to come. Just not too far-fetched please, like the red heart cube ones.
  59. Oct 1, 2013
    This game is decent, but not fun to play after about 5 minutes or so. The dimensional switching idea is nice, but that alone fails to make the game worthy of one's time.
  60. Sep 29, 2013
    I believe this game is by far the greatest indie platform title ive ever played.it brings back arcade style games and stunned me in detailed maps and warp gates.if you ever want to play an indie game then this is it.
  61. Sep 29, 2013
    I don't see what all the bad press is for Fez is easily one of my favourite platformers. The rotation concept works well, and the retro graphics complement it beautifully. Puzzles are well designed and challenging. I do agree that there could have been a little bit more of a tutorial, but I managed to pick everything up pretty easily. All in all, very good.
  62. Sep 28, 2013
    Fez is the only game that has actually made me fill up several notebook pages with notes about its puzzles. The core mechanic is mind-blowing and very versatile, and the puzzles are very hard but VERY rewarding to solve.

This is not to mention that Fez is a masterpiece both visually and audibly. The visuals and music combine to make a world that is incredibly absorbing and pleasant to play in.
  63. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is more "art" than "game". Not too much story but that is ok for a jump and run. This game is for everyone who love to play retro-style jump and runs with a nice story and without bad guys.
  64. Sep 25, 2013
    Fez is not original, no, it borrows a lot from other games, but what it does it does right. I enjoyed my time exploring all the little worlds, jumping from platform to platform and turning the world around me to solve it's often clever puzzles.

I did however find that not a lot is explained. After the intro you're basically thrown into this world and where you go from there you have to find out for yourself. Adds to the mystery of exploration, sure, but a bit more guidance from time to time would have been nice. This especially goes for a lot of the secrets and hidden puzzles. To find and/or solve most of these you have to learn and understand the in-game language. Nowhere in the game is this clearly explained, and If i hadn't come across it in a guide i was looking at i never would have known. Cool that you want to give a game it's own puzzling language that adds to the gameplay, but let the player know about it because i reckon a lot of gamers have looked past it and that is a shame for the extra amount of gameplay it offers.
  65. Sep 23, 2013
    Boring and repetitive. Yawn. And I really hate those lazy 8 bit Minecraft style graphics that's just an excuse for not making better graphics. It's 2013. Not the 80s.
  66. Sep 19, 2013
    Very nice concept, but the way it is executed is really boring. It's still a decent game though. And by decent I mean just enough to get a little bit of fun out of it. It's not a terrible game. But it's not a lot of fun either.
  67. Sep 16, 2013
    Another overrated indie "retro" lazy platformer game. Gameplay is based on a gimmick and is very easy, no penalties. When you're stuck just rotate and now you aren't stuck. This 2D/3D gameplay merge has been done before.
  68. Sep 16, 2013
    Bland and not very entertaining after the first hour. The game becomes more of a chore than entertainment. Feel like I have wasted my money on this over priced over hyped game.
  69. Sep 15, 2013
    Excellent blend of art, atmosphere and retro puzzle platformer. The 2D/3D transitions work really well, the soundtrack is incredible, the puzzles are hard, and the fez is red. Subtle references to the past make for a surprisingly deep and interesting storyline that keeps you thinking.

Also one of the best games I've played on Steam's Big Picture mode. Excellent TV and controller support.

Edit: Just reading some people's complaints of a crash after Gomez is fezzed. All I have to say is, holy crap you are stupid.
  70. AWG
    Sep 14, 2013
    A dull (and glitched) game for dull (and glitched) people.
  71. Sep 13, 2013
    This is one of those game that are not made anymore. Even if its a very recent game, it has the feel of those old games I was playing when I was a kid.I got it in the Humble Bundle, and gave everything to the developer, Phil Fish. Even though people don't like him, Im one of the rare person that really likes him.

This is probably one of the best game Ive ever played. The level designs

This is probably one of the best game Ive ever played. The level designs are awesome and the story is really awesome. You still know that it is a video game, you don't get in your character too much, but you really want to find those cube fragments, not because you just want to finish the game, but because you want to know what is going to happen.

The animations are great and very fluid. We can really see the attention to details in this game. Every move have their own animation and every combinations are planned.

The only downside of this game is that, even after some updates, there is still bugs. But they don't change your gameplay experience at all, something may seem funny, but it wont stop you from playing the game. And after all, its a bit in the spirit of the game to have bugs ;)

I still give it 10/10, because I really love Phil Fish and his game. I don't know if I will see more from him, but I really hope so.

Phil, if you ever read this, and I know that there are almost no chances that you read this but I don't care: If you meet enemies and people that hates you, its just like in video games, you are going the right way. Don't stop to share your opinions as openly as you do. Someone that have everyone loving him has achieved nothing.
  72. Sep 12, 2013
    Taking a new spin on 2D platforming, indie game developer Phil Fish has woven a world that is so stunningly simple yet sublime to explore. The 3D rotation mechanic, the core feature of the game, seems straightforward at first but continues to dazzle and amaze at the bizarre affects it can achieve on a fundamentally 2D landscape. Unfortunately, with no other major game mechanics this canTaking a new spin on 2D platforming, indie game developer Phil Fish has woven a world that is so stunningly simple yet sublime to explore. The 3D rotation mechanic, the core feature of the game, seems straightforward at first but continues to dazzle and amaze at the bizarre affects it can achieve on a fundamentally 2D landscape. Unfortunately, with no other major game mechanics this can get a little old a little quickly, but is largely salvaged by the game's quirky zone-to-zone designs accompanied by a phenomenal chiptune reminiscent soundtrack by Disasterpeace.

The only real complain I can register towards the game is how the platforming and puzzles seem to clash. Much of the early game consists of traveling through the overworld. Once one had that complete, they would eventually need to decode hieroglyphics in order to solve a jumble of sometimes maddeningly obtuse puzzles (one optional puzzle in the game has yet to be fully solved by anybody in the entire world). Because of this many platformers might be stymied by a sudden onslaught of puzzles in late game, where puzzle seekers may be exhausted by the continual platforming to get places.

Nevertheless, this unusual combination of gameplay along with the novel mechanic of a 2D world manipulated by a third dimension can leave for a very unique experience. A definite triumph in the indie industry, Fez shows us how simple yet enjoyable game mechanics can be enough to craft a memorable gaming experience.
  73. Sep 12, 2013
    Great puzzle game and is incredibly original. Just genuinely fun to play. Sad to see its score getting effected because of the 360 versions problems..
  74. Sep 11, 2013
    That is for screwing with PC gamers, and then crying that you wont make Fez 2 I like the game i have nothing against it, but the developer messed with the pc gamers
  75. Sep 8, 2013
    Classic, retro story and art style with a cool new concept. 8 points for originality and putting all the pieces together in a way that makes it a fun, challenging game. Only issue I see, is that it might be a bit repetitive, just take breaks and come back to the game another time, if you get bored, or can't figure something out. Don't look up guides, that's just spoiling the puzzle aspectClassic, retro story and art style with a cool new concept. 8 points for originality and putting all the pieces together in a way that makes it a fun, challenging game. Only issue I see, is that it might be a bit repetitive, just take breaks and come back to the game another time, if you get bored, or can't figure something out. Don't look up guides, that's just spoiling the puzzle aspect of the game. Overall, a definite purchase for indie game fans. Expand
  76. Sep 8, 2013
    This game first of all looks way to hyped as it is. I wouldnt have a problem with the game if it had a straight forward path and not its entire map looking like a spider web and constantly having to backtrack just because you thought that little detour brought you to the other side of the map err i mean spider web the map doesnt even look like a map
  77. Sep 7, 2013
    The game is fine, but not amazing. I either didn't know or didn't remember the big gameplay hook, so it was a wonderful surprise when it was revealed about five minutes into the game. Unfortunately, it was one of the only memorable bits about the game. I mostly bought Fez because of all the rave reviews, but alas the game is rated about 20 points too high. This indie escalation thingThe game is fine, but not amazing. I either didn't know or didn't remember the big gameplay hook, so it was a wonderful surprise when it was revealed about five minutes into the game. Unfortunately, it was one of the only memorable bits about the game. I mostly bought Fez because of all the rave reviews, but alas the game is rated about 20 points too high. This indie escalation thing has just got to stop! Seriously, if we're going to rate indie games on a different scale (with 90 being perfectly adequate and 5 being complete garbage), then we need to be up front about it so that nobody really believes that an indie game with a 90 rating is going to be as good as a AAA title with a 90 rating. This one certainly, definitely, without a doubt is not as good. Expand
  78. Mei
    Sep 6, 2013
    This game is a mess and the support is even worse. It doesn't work as intended.
    It crashes with most graphic cards after 1 minute of gameplay.
    It doesn't surprise me that the trailer stops at the moment when he gains the Fez hat, because after that a LOT of graphic artifacts appear and the game suddenly crash. Tested with more than 3 computers with different specs, and also with my work
    This game is a mess and the support is even worse. It doesn't work as intended.
    It crashes with most graphic cards after 1 minute of gameplay.
    Tested with more than 3 computers with different specs, and also with my work computer: i7-2670QM 8 GB RAM ATI 6770m.
  79. Sep 1, 2013
    People just don't get this game. Its all about getting immersed in its amazing world. Its surely casual, and its the best of the best in being casual.
  80. Aug 23, 2013
    I don't really know why people liked this game so much, it's boring and always the same thing about 2D games. I just laught at start but then it becomes too bored game.
  81. Aug 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. continuous, slow paced hunt for events that make your world spin around. The 4 is given for good visuals, okay audio, and amount of content. Should there be something that just makes you push for that one next cube, I'd give it a lot more, but there simply isn't. it's also hipster garbage Expand
  82. Aug 13, 2013
    I can't do this game quite the justice it deserves. It is crescent fresh, absolutely gorgeous and charming! I won't spoil the mechanics but they will twist your mind in unheard-of ways. The story and world interaction made me all fuzzy inside. The sound deserves a great system cranked way way up. I wish all games sounded this good. Not only the sound effects but the music, so odd andI can't do this game quite the justice it deserves. It is crescent fresh, absolutely gorgeous and charming! I won't spoil the mechanics but they will twist your mind in unheard-of ways. The story and world interaction made me all fuzzy inside. The sound deserves a great system cranked way way up. I wish all games sounded this good. Not only the sound effects but the music, so odd and otherworldly, just divine. Oh and talk about tough puzzles. There are plenty.

The only disappointment was after about 70% the way through it just got repetitive. I never actually finished it but it's one of those games where when you come back after a hiatus, there's a metric ton of enjoyment awaiting you.

One hint. Don't jump ahead, play it through in its proper sequence. (which is tough to figure out at first) It's much much more satisfying.

8/10 but gave it a 9 for bravery, charm and sheer imagination.
  83. Aug 11, 2013
    The game runs and the visuals are not bad(+2).

The game is basically paper-mario but with no production value or story. Game Features: Wander around aimlessly for 30 mins, Look at decent visuals, Remember paper-mario.

Most people will buy the game on sale for their dusty indie collection and never play it.
  84. Aug 9, 2013
    The game is medium quality and the developer is a complete idiot so bye Therefore is there are so many bugs that gonna end in a crash that is all
  85. Aug 7, 2013
    2 minutes in game and you understand that game starts ideally. You can't believe in it and... make first steps, listen first music. After you understand that is why games often have name Art. All game emotional kick. And this kick like knockout. Fast and accurate.
    It's a story and emotions, very private and very personally. I always feel myself like a thief who sneaking in another life and watching by her from shelter. Surprised by her. Believes in her and is jealous of her. Incredible world. Incredible music. And incredible game.
  86. Aug 3, 2013
    Very well made and interesting game, i would recommend it to ALL gamers. Not just indie/platformer enthusiasts. The gameplay is not hard, considering you can never die. Though i seem to be stuck at places that requires me to wrinkle my brain to progress. 10+!
  87. Aug 2, 2013
    Extremely boring and nothing happens at all times. Also extremely easy. I'm glad I didn't buy this and only played it from a friend's steam account. This is not a game for a mind that wants challenges, but rather for someone that has enough challenges in real life and only wants a method to unwind. Why does it cost more than 50 cents?
  88. Aug 1, 2013
    Amazing synthesis of platformer and puzzle game. Fun, challenging, beautiful. It was a long time since game forced me to write down encrypted messages to decode them. And I liked it!
  89. Jul 29, 2013
    it's just okay it defiantly doesn't deserve all the hype it got it's just a puzzler with a great idea, but that's the entire game there is no action its just the same thing with a different level layout and it gets boring
  90. Jul 29, 2013
    There are many things to bring up about this "game", to begin with It's a concept that has been done several times before.
    This game does not have any difficulty, there is no enemies, the puzzles can be solved by a year old. If you fall of a platform you'll respawn AT THE SAME PLATFORM. So much for a difficult and innovative platformer.
    The pixel art is decent, music pretty much made

The pixel art is decent, music pretty much made in a chiptune generator and still it gets praised, people are so ignorant.
    This game will get boring after 5 minutes, I suggest you to pirate it if you want it so bad.
  91. Jul 26, 2013
    Really fun and interesting platformer. It does what it sets out to do very well. It reminds me of the kind of fun I had while playing Mario Galaxy on the Wii. There are nice little touches that really make me experience the game instead of just watch it.

Did have some first launch issues (Microsoft .net related) but after a windows update and restart the game worked fine.
  92. Jul 25, 2013
    The 30 first minutes are fun. And then it is always the same... jump, rotate, jump, rotate, jump... This game is not that bad, it is an interesting concept. In fact I was expecting more a puzzle game like portal (even in 2d) than a platform game. Because in the end, this is just a platform game with a simple rotate feature (yes you can look for riddles in the game but I guess that mostThe 30 first minutes are fun. And then it is always the same... jump, rotate, jump, rotate, jump... This game is not that bad, it is an interesting concept. In fact I was expecting more a puzzle game like portal (even in 2d) than a platform game. Because in the end, this is just a platform game with a simple rotate feature (yes you can look for riddles in the game but I guess that most players wont pay attention to those). Expand
  93. Jul 24, 2013
    This is a typical example for bad indie retro-graphic games.
    It imitates the graphics from the past, but it has no deep at all. You respwan immeadantly at the
    spot where you failed. Fine graphics dont polish that. What a fake game.
  94. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is really cool especial the game play really fluid actually a awesome history graphic for a indi game actually awesome but the change of view principle was really estrange after you manners it Expand
  95. Jul 22, 2013
    While it is a perfectly passable platform puzzle game it has none of the *WOW* factor that would justify it's 10/10 reviews. It's an above average game, but it doesn''t do anything to make you fall in love with it or remember it for years to come, like say Portal.
  96. Jul 21, 2013
    Beautiful game, the people giving negative scores really just don't like the developer. It's a very beautiful puzzle-platformer both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay.
  97. Jul 20, 2013
    The negative reviews are far from right. This game was great on Xbox, and it is better to see an indie game like this come to its true home: PC. The graphics are cute and the retro setting fits accordingly. The actual game mechanics are simplistic and it's fun to see what puzzles you can accomplish using them. The music is calming and beautiful. I am able to run this game with no lag orThe negative reviews are far from right. This game was great on Xbox, and it is better to see an indie game like this come to its true home: PC. The graphics are cute and the retro setting fits accordingly. The actual game mechanics are simplistic and it's fun to see what puzzles you can accomplish using them. The music is calming and beautiful. I am able to run this game with no lag or bugs, so I can say for sure that it runs PRETTY well. There is a lot of indie games out there, and few can accomplish gaining the beauty games like Fez have. Expand
  98. Jul 18, 2013
    This was one of my last games to get sucked in by the hype train. Everyone called it ground breaking, and once I started playing realized my mistake. I hope you like not knowing what the you are doing. BUT LOOK THE WALLS TURN
  99. Jul 17, 2013
    Fez would be perfect if it worked the way it should have on launch. The game itself is really interesting, featuring a bright color palette and is jam packed with interesting design choices. Unfortunately, I can't recommend you buy it on PC, as it is was very poorly optimized and could easily blue-screen your rig. If an Xbox or PS3 is an option, play this game there.
  100. Jul 17, 2013
    Very esoteric puzzler... maybe I came looking for the wrong thing (fun game play) and failed to enjoy what is really here (ambiance and mood lighting) but this was just not my cup of tea. I found this game to be very boring once the novelty of the Escher space wore off (about 2-3 hours in for me).
  101. May 2, 2013
    FEZ in a nutshell: A continuous, slow paced hunt for events that make your world spin around. The 4 is given for good visuals, okay audio, and amount of content. Should there be something that just makes you push for that one next cube, I'd give it a lot more, but there simply isn't.

1. Jun 23, 2013
    A masterpiece by any measure. [July 2013, p.89]
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A gorgeous puzzle-platformer that's both a treat for the eyes and a thorough workout for the mind. [July 2013, p.82]
    The variation of the broken-down elements of the game is such that, if you miss two or three of the dozens of screens of the game, you will have missed on something special and unique. [June 2013]