5.2

1. Feb 5, 2011
    So why did I buy this game (and each iteration since 07)?

1. I love playing FIFA and controlling players on the field. Feeling the rush of excitement as you put passes together and score great goals.
    2. I love the managing aspect of football. Designing my own stadium, transferring great players, managing club finances and immersing myself in the game through news stories about my club
    and players.

I have played the regular FIFA games but their club management features are very lightweight and broken. I have also played games like championship manager and football manager, but one gets bored not being able to take part in the action. Watching little dots on your screen can get boring after a couple seasons.

So here came Fifa Manager, with the option to manage your team AND play in 3d mode! Wow I thought, this is a dream come true! - NOPE -

Although the managing part of the game is decent (not as good as CM or FM) the 3d gameplay where you can control either one player or whole team is a DISASTER. I hate using caps so I am sorry to have to do so, but my (and the entire game's community on forums) frustration at how bad 3d mode is has pushed me to do so.

I can list numerous reason why this is so, but all you need to do is go to the official game forums to see the level of aggravation. To top it off, the game's representatives only respond when its about time to release the next version.

ANd finally, I am wondering why EA allows this sham to continue...

TLDR - If you are looking to buy this game in the hopes that it will be the best of both worlds in terms of football team management and gameplay....then LOOK AWAY....RUN....NO REALLY RUN FASTER!

1. Despite some lacks in the matches engine, FIFA Manager 10 is a step forward in the series, with tons of options and a nice look.
  2. Fifa Manger 10 is a good game with a lot of stuff and hours of fun. You have the total freedom to decide to be coach, manager or president, or event every one of them at the same time. In the end the game has a solid multiplayer that can give a long lasting life during the year.
  3. While FIFA Manager 10 is by no means a poor game, there's an underlying suspicion that the energy that's been pumped into the hit-and-miss multiplayer features would have been better spent on genuinely innovating the single-player game, which sadly feels a little too similar to last year and a little tactically thin compared to FM and CM.