FIFA Soccer 06 PC

6.7

1. Feb 29, 2016
    First part of "franchise" i've played. I've been coming back to FIFA as long as there wasn't weird "microtransactions" included. Nowadays, it's to say theleast non playable.
  2. PaulH.
    May 27, 2006
    So much promise and yet so little substance. That's how I would describe FIFA06. I actually like the style of gameplay, it's return to it's arcade roots is a very refreshing change from the previously over complex control systems. The presentation is excellent, as always, but again as always it's let down by the core gameplay. When are EA going to realise that So much promise and yet so little substance. That's how I would describe FIFA06. I actually like the style of gameplay, it's return to it's arcade roots is a very refreshing change from the previously over complex control systems. The presentation is excellent, as always, but again as always it's let down by the core gameplay. When are EA going to realise that gameplayers demand a little more than scripted events? Do you like realistic ball physics? Good, so do I and that's exactly why I won't be playing FIFA06 anymore. Everything in the game is scripted, from the insect-fast reactions of AI players interceptions of your cleverly selected passes and through balls to the commentators announcement that the keeper has the ball safe in his hands before it's even halfway to his goal are all clear indicators of the cheap programming practices employed by EA in preference to the real ball physics seen in Konamis far superior series. A huge let down and a massive massive dissapointment. As I said at the start of the review, so much promise but ultimately there is nothing here for the serious soccer gamer outside of the licenses and the presentation. Shame. Collapse
  3. MattC.
    Jan 6, 2006
    An amazing improvement, I was dissapointed with this yeats Pro Evolution Soccer 5, and the gap is closing between the two franchises. Personally I prefer the gameplay on this to PES5 but I can understand how some casual gamers would be dissapointed. Managerial aspect of the game well thought out. Easy the best out there for realism!
  4. ValentinI.
    Dec 15, 2005
    Despite the new additions to the gameplay, EA has dissappointed most of it's fans with this new release. The in-game tactics selector is probably the best addition so far, but there are too many gameplay bugs compared to its predecessor. Not once I saw a goalkeeper catch the ball and enter the goal with it without the goal being given, but I did get a goal by shooting near the post, Despite the new additions to the gameplay, EA has dissappointed most of it's fans with this new release. The in-game tactics selector is probably the best addition so far, but there are too many gameplay bugs compared to its predecessor. Not once I saw a goalkeeper catch the ball and enter the goal with it without the goal being given, but I did get a goal by shooting near the post, OUTSIDE the goal (it happened only once, but I thought it wotth mentioning. The goals can be scored always from the same positions, usualy from a great distance and almost never inside the 16-meter box. Dribling is way too good even for top class players, and the list may go on... I'm buying PES from now on... Expand
  5. JackJ.
    Nov 15, 2005
    amazin game good for all people good thing to buy and the people who says its bad has no taste.

1. Though always attempting to up the ante on their long time rival, this year’s FIFA actually seems more of a step back when compared to the 2005 iteration.
  2. Better than all previous offerings, an awesome football experience, but still not quite on a par with "Pro Evolution Soccer."
  3. The fluid animations and in-depth gameplay will allow experienced and first time players to pick up the game and have fun.