FIFA Soccer 09 PC

6.8

1. PeterN
    Oct 22, 2008
    I have been playing fifa for a few years now and this is by far the best version yet for the PC. It finally has a "next-gen" graphics engine--which makes a huge difference. The new EA Live feature is finally a system that updates player stats in relation to their real-life form--something that should have been implemented easily in all sports titles 3 years ago. That being said, there are I have been playing fifa for a few years now and this is by far the best version yet for the PC. It finally has a "next-gen" graphics engine--which makes a huge difference. The new EA Live feature is finally a system that updates player stats in relation to their real-life form--something that should have been implemented easily in all sports titles 3 years ago. That being said, there are plenty of bugs to make the gameplay clunky at times. The keeper is still super vulnerable at the close post and godly at the back post, there is still plenty of randomness involved in many aspects of field play, and (possibly worst of all) the game shipped without full support for almost ANY game pad controller. Everyone will have to go into the game files themselves and edit some of the code to force the game to use your gamepad/joystick correctly (see the fifa forums for the complicated instructions on how to do this). That being said, the game is very good and probably the best soccer title to date. You will just have to look at its good side, fix the support for your controllers, and get over the rest of the smaller bugs. Collapse
  2. FrancoisB.
    Oct 4, 2008
    At first I was really pissed off because it seemed to be loaded with the same crap as FIFA08, witch was really bad. FIFA 08 was just a crappy ass brush up of FIFA 07(great game), but it was made worse. It was really laggy and with choppy gameplay. Like I said at first it looked like FIFA 09 was the same, because it only utilizes one core of my Core 2 Duo Cpu, I dont know why. But then I At first I was really pissed off because it seemed to be loaded with the same crap as FIFA08, witch was really bad. FIFA 08 was just a crappy ass brush up of FIFA 07(great game), but it was made worse. It was really laggy and with choppy gameplay. Like I said at first it looked like FIFA 09 was the same, because it only utilizes one core of my Core 2 Duo Cpu, I dont know why. But then I decided I would give it a go and it growed on me. The new mouse and keyboard controls are absolutely awesome! They give very nice control and precision like never before. The close-up visuals are also very nicely done and looks great. I hope they can fix the problem with the game only running on one core, because that would make it run a lot smoother!! Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Probably the best PC-version in the series so far. The game looks great and new animations add freshness to the gameplay. Mouse and keyboard control is a nice addition, although it is a bit clumsy in action. There are also some problems with joypad and keyboard controls. [Sept 2008]
  2. PC FIFA fans have wanted a little more effort put into their version for years and finally the moaning and commitment to the series has paid off. FIFA 09 is the best FIFA the PC has seen in years and a great step forward for the series on the platform.
  3. FIFA continues its improvements with 09, probably its best entry in the last years. Traditionally the soccer saga of EA was well-known by its quality in the licenses and by the brutal amount of official championships, now its also known by its gameplay, that continues its slow progress in PC.