7.5

1. Nov 14, 2014
    I stopped playing when Abyssea came out, not my cup of tea. I've since returned and am really enjoying the quality of life improvements. You can now use "Trust Npc's" and your adventure buddy to make a party of five that exceeds the quality of any casual party I've been in. As a solo player with these npc's I can fight Incredibly Tough mobs and get proper xp. If you have or make evenI stopped playing when Abyssea came out, not my cup of tea. I've since returned and am really enjoying the quality of life improvements. You can now use "Trust Npc's" and your adventure buddy to make a party of five that exceeds the quality of any casual party I've been in. As a solo player with these npc's I can fight Incredibly Tough mobs and get proper xp. If you have or make even one human friend you can have a full party. I also appreciate the ease of travel now with the ability to teleport among home point crystals and survival guides including the past and bcnm zones. I even have a warp ring now that never runs out of charges so I don't have to sub /blm or beg for a warp2. I've turned my level 60 AF gear into level 109 reforged gear and I can solo a campaign battle with it on (the entire enemy force). Trusts work in campaign also, btw. I have yet to try Adoulin content, but even without it I am pleased. Come back and play during the free time and/or get the package discount they're offering. I wish more MMO's genuinely cared about their product. If you're new, come to Carbuncle server and I'll party with / help you. I'm a big ugly galka named Larodar. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    Best MMO RPG in existence to date. unfortunately the population has become low due to how old the game is i believe it should become FTP.

It far exceeds ffxiv in every single aspect accept for Graphics.
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    Oh my Final Fantasy XI what can I say, it is the first MMO I truly fell in love with. As all my reviews with MMO’s start out the same as I’ve been playing MMO most all my life and they are my favorite type of game to play. As this review is being done on 9/7/2013 that’s how I’ll be looking at the game as it stands now. I’m still currently subscribed to FFXi and really have no plains ofOh my Final Fantasy XI what can I say, it is the first MMO I truly fell in love with. As all my reviews with MMO’s start out the same as I’ve been playing MMO most all my life and they are my favorite type of game to play. As this review is being done on 9/7/2013 that’s how I’ll be looking at the game as it stands now. I’m still currently subscribed to FFXi and really have no plains of unsubscribing even with FFRR out now. I’ve been playing since the game was first released on PS2 and took a year or two off around 2005 because of a move. The game itself is really in a category of its own when it comes to MMO’s there is really nothing else quite like it out there. It still has a decent community and it’s one of the strong points of the game, people are extremely friendly and helpful. The game will defiantly require you to search the internet A LOT, this is a true adventure that will not hold your hand and tell you where to go. The game itself is much different then is was a few years ago due to game tweaks and changes done by SE in an attempt to appeal to a larger audience. However even with the leveling difficulty dialed back a little this is still a very hardcore mmo make no mistake about it. Game maps are just maps and don’t have any kind of way point system even when doing quests or missions. Quest/mission logs are simple in comparison to today’s MMO quest tracking. Combat is stats based, but I find the animations and combat very enjoyable. Graphically the game looks good for being over 10 years old now, but get the pc version it’s by far the best. Let me be honest I’m very biased when it comes to this game; like I said before it’s the first MMO I really fell in love with. With that being said it defiantly will only appeal to a select audience due to the nature of the game. I find it very enjoyable and rewarding when I complete something in the game due to the high challenge of the game. I’ve also made some great friend through FFXI that I still play with today. In closing is a 10 out of 10 for me any day of the week and I’ll most likely hold a memorial service in it’s honor is SE ever shuts it down. My best advise to anyone joining is be social, ask questions any of the severs have a great hardcore friendly community willing to help new people out. If your not social this is not the game for you as missions and quest require parties. Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2013
    One of the best MMOs I've played in my life. It's the one game that I've consistently enjoyed over the years. The game's only problem, though personally I don't consider it to be a problem, is it is a bit grindy. The community however is one of the best I've ever seen in my lifetime of playing tons of MMOs and for an MMO, the community makes the game.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    The game FFXI was the first mmo I had played, since then I have played many others like Tera, Diablo 3, WOW, GW2, Forsaken world, and many others but none ever quite match up to FFXI. i played for 5 years and i want to play again. totally awesome and unforgettable game.
  6. Jul 9, 2012
    In my humble opinion, this MMORPG is the best in its genre...the finest ever released. The story line is extraordinarily engaging, the character controls are right on target, and the player community is exceptional. My major problems with other titles in this MMO genre are the clumsy controls that demand rapid button mash techniques...the cheesy and highly contrived art direction...andIn my humble opinion, this MMORPG is the best in its genre...the finest ever released. The story line is extraordinarily engaging, the character controls are right on target, and the player community is exceptional. My major problems with other titles in this MMO genre are the clumsy controls that demand rapid button mash techniques...the cheesy and highly contrived art direction...and the unsatisfying lore that lies just beneath the glossy surface of monotonous gameplay. This game shines in these areas, and also provides a player experience that allows for truly symbiotic relationships between party members...where timing and skill do factor in as necessary components and result in a truly rewarding MMO experience. The genre might have grown a bit past its prime...but if you are truly looking for the "best of the bunch", pick this title up and try it out. There is nothing wrong with playing a tried and true classic, especially if it is FF11! Expand
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    One of the best mmorpg i played (and i played a lot of them).
    The graphics are old now (a game launched in 2001)... and a game that not everyone will like...
    One of the best mmorpg i played (and i played a lot of them).
    But the variety of gameplays are one of the most wide there was in a mmorpg (fishing, gardening, craft, fights, chocobo races,...ect....ect...). Many gameplay ideas was very creative/original when it was launched... and some are still today.

I see 2 major points that could be very negative for some players : - It's a strongly team oriented mmorpg. At some level it become nearly impossible to play solo.
    - you can't move freely in the world. Some areas are composed in majority of corridors (external areas i mean)... you can't fall from a hill or a bridge...ect...ect...

There will be plenty more things to say on this game... but to conclude and resume, i'll say :
    FFXI is a definitly not Mainstream mmorpg.
    It seem logic to me that most players will love it... or hate it
  8. Mar 1, 2011
    With the advent of Abyssea, as well as experience being roughly doubled in non-Abyssean areas, experience points flow like spice and it no longer takes months to get a job to the level cap, it could be done in mere weeks. A lot of the past complaints seen in people's reviews have been fixed. Monsters do not immediately attack after spawning, instead having several seconds of "summoningWith the advent of Abyssea, as well as experience being roughly doubled in non-Abyssean areas, experience points flow like spice and it no longer takes months to get a job to the level cap, it could be done in mere weeks. A lot of the past complaints seen in people's reviews have been fixed. Monsters do not immediately attack after spawning, instead having several seconds of "summoning sickness" where they will not attack, giving you time to get away. No, the graphics are not as shiny as other MMOs. Yes, there is a sharp learning curve when it comes to the game. It doesn't matter, because FFXI is for a breed of relentless gamer that will pursue everything they can.

... and just because the level cap is higher and more people get there faster doesn't mean the game is easier. Level 90 people STILL fail at Dynamis, die at the hands of certain Notorious Monsters, or just plain get whomped on for overestimating themselves.

It's taken some time, but all those changes we wanted? We're getting - and it took long enough.

1. It has more good points than bad though, at the least it will tide you over until the next generation of MMORPGs hits the streets and at best you will have fun for months, even years to come.
    Things are only going to get better as they add new content, so you can expect to see this game living a long and healthy life.
    The most beautiful MMORPG currently available. Its environments are second to none, and the character models are elegant and, frankly, a pleasure to behold. The world also feels more alive than any other.