7.5

1. Sep 24, 2013
    I had expected this game very much. Because this game is series of Final Fantasy (FF) that is a very popular and famous video game. And I really like Final Fantasy series. But, my hope was betrayed when I played FF 11. FF 11 is very tedious and dull. And the story of FF 11 is also very thin. This game has neither excitement nor impression that ever has FF series.

The components of the
    stories called "Mission" or "Quest" are very troublesome and monotonous chores. For example, some of those collect items that enemies drop. But enemies rarely drop them. So, players must continue to fight same enemies in a same place. It is very dull.

Level of player is hard to rise around after player reaches to level 10. Because experience points that player can get decline little by little. So player feel it tedious. First of all, the battle system of this game is long and monotonous. Additionally, experiment points we can get are small. Therefore it must be a pain.

Cities and fields are very wide unnecessarily. Dungeons are complicated unnecessarily too. Additionally, moving speed of player is very slow.

Player is forced to do some time-consuming chores. For instance, player must write how to unite items very much. If player avoids it, Player must suffer from money, items, and his own weakness.

In now, A.D. 2013, Final Fantasy 11 is thinly populated. So this game cannot work as MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game).

This game has many malfunctions. For example, at a certain mission, player is said that "Get an item that a bat drops". Player cannot get any detailed information. But, there are many kinds of bat in this game. Player can get the item when player killed only a specified kind of bat. Furthermore, the kind of bat appears only at night. Thus, so many players cannot get the item. This game has many faults like it.
  2. May 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tried this game upon recommendation from a friend

I have played lots of MMO's and my friend literally waxed lyrical on how good this game was so when the game became available for 9.99 on steam for the game with all the expansions i bit the bullet and bought it. After going through the ridiculously over complicated system of signing up for a account i logged into the game made a character (warrior class) and tried to get into the game. The first disappointment for me was the overcomplicated and terribly unfriendly User Interface.I bought the game without a instruction booklet from steam so imagine my dismay at the lack of a in game help search!!!! There is a help desk to contact customer services but no in game help searchable database ? The whole menu system didnt make any sort of sense to me or flow at all. The very fact you seem to have to use a keyboard for everything didn't help me to bond with the game......The graphics were terribly blocky (even after maxing the settings) i did do a search in google and made some registry tweaks to make it run on a wide-screen resolution which helped a lot (but should a user have to do this to make a game work ?). Levelling in game seems to take a age which isnt a bad thing and but after fighting one monster / foe you need to rest for 2 to 3 un-needed waste of minutes meditating to gain your health back to be able to attack again. I have tried to like this game for my friends sake but maybe the fact i have been spoilt by other MMO's or just the fact that i have given up due to sheer frustration , has left me with a bitter taste towards this game and the time and money i have wasted on it. I would recommend this game for die hard fans of the final fantasy genre only.
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    game did not age well.. boring and a huge time sink.. Other players have been playing for years and so it is hard to find people who want to group with a new player.. the fact that the game still requires a monthly subscription and looks like it comes from the 90s lead to the low score.

I grew up with final fantasy and have played many mmos and this is by far one of the overall weakest
    mmos still running.. does not deliver a good value in terms of time or money spent. Expand
  4. Aug 29, 2010
    The Final Fantasy XI is SUCK... I downloding for Steam.. but i did pay for it... Its cost me $9.99 to Downloding Final Fantasy XI. Then After that.. I created my username on Final Fantasy XI.. Its need my Card to payment.. Oh man.. Its wasting my money to playing this game.. and Its not Free Online.. Oh man. I want my money back for Final Fantasy XI.. Its wasting my money........... **** THIS Final Fantasy XI........................................... Expand
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    The entire game is held back by its console heritage. It's far too grindy. Only hardcore fans of JRPGs can find this garbage fun. If my friend hadn't bought it for me, I wouldn't have even tried it. Thankfully he had another friend that wanted the account because after 16 hours I couldn't bring myself to double click the launcher.
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    I have played FFXI in the past off and on for 3 years. 70 Beastmaster 70 Blue mage and something else that escapes me but its unimportant. I think that its almost a crime for this to be sold on steam for $20.00. This game is outdated in almost every way. Additionally The shots in the steam screenshot will more than likely never be seen by anyone new to this game as I suspect the content is max level which takes months to be able to get near it and more months to actually do all of the other stuff you will have needed to finish to get there. I rate this game with a low score only because it may prevent someone today from wasting money. This game was decent when it came out and for a few years after but now most everyone has been playing for years and will be unlikely / unwilling to help you catch up as it is literally years of content. There is a HUGE learning curve and after a certain point you need a party or at least a few key people playing certain classes for anything and everything. Including level caps that require quest/boss encounter to continue leveling every ten levels after a point. This game is immensely time consuming but also very reward when you do complete something minor. Speaking of classes while there are a ton of classes you are pretty much pigeonholed into something /nin or /sam etc because thats the only way people will party with you. Oh you havent unlocked those jobs yet? sorry another few weeks of play for you. This game is memorably punishing as well. The horrible noise it makes when you delevel away hours of work in two deaths is unforgettable. I had many a grand time playing this game back a few years ago but that is where this game should stay... in the past. It launched on PS2 for goodness sake. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    Let me preface this review by saying that I was warned about this game by a friend, and decided to take the plunge anyway, because it was on sale. I am writing this review in an attempt to prevent you from wasting your time and money the way that I have. I have been playing video games since 1984, but Square-Enix has achieved something with this game that no other developer I have seen has been able to achieve. They made this game impossible to log in to. I guess that's easy money for them, less update money and what not. First you download the game, easy so far. Then you are informed you must make a play online account. After a maze of button clicking and applications, you achieve that. Then they inform you that you must transfer your Play online account to a Square-Enix account. After an even lengthier search and application process, you achieve that. Then you are told that you need to obtain a content ID, but not told how do do that. After hours of searching and doing general searches on Google, I was able to create a Click to buy account, after more application process. The parent company for Click to Buy is based in EU, so my credit card account was frozen at this point. A call to the credit card company unfroze my card, and after more work, I was able to confirm my account. I then attempted to log onto the game again, and was still told that I had no "content ID". At this time I re-entered all of my game codes and double checked all of my accounts, all of which appear to be in order. When a third attempt to log onto the game came out with the same results, I contacted "customer service" (yes, I put that in quotations for a reason) and have been waiting for about the last 24 hours for a response. I also forgot to mention that my wife was hoping to play as well, but Click to Buy won't allow her to create an account unless she has a credit card under her own name, so even if I figure this out, I would probably have to get a second credit card under her name, so she can set up her own account. I have spent somewhere around 12 hours, over the last 72 hours, involved with this process, and appear to be no closer to resolving the issues. Meanwhile, my 30 day free period, that comes with the game purchase, is being used up and I still haven't even made it to character creation. If you have any love for your own sanity, avoid this game the same way you'd avoid a cracked out transient hooker with obvious STD's. Believe me, the only way that this game would be worth your while, is if they paid you for all the time and irritation you're going to experience trying to get it to run! My friend tells me that this is only the beginning, and that after you start playing, you'll wish it never had started working. Long story short, play WoW, you can be up and running in the time it takes to load up and create a character, and you won't need therapy afterward so that you can re-enter society without screaming obscenities at passersby, because of the pent up tension and aggravation! Expand

1. It has more good points than bad though, at the least it will tide you over until the next generation of MMORPGs hits the streets and at best you will have fun for months, even years to come.
    Things are only going to get better as they add new content, so you can expect to see this game living a long and healthy life.
    The most beautiful MMORPG currently available. Its environments are second to none, and the character models are elegant and, frankly, a pleasure to behold. The world also feels more alive than any other.