7.0

1. Apr 30, 2015
    You're Not Afraid of the Dark, Are You?
    i hope this game going to better and company. however, i love this game so much, this game more fun for me. i love that. and remember nothing is perfect, only god is perfect.
  2. Apr 5, 2015
    Too all the negative reviewers I suggest you give a try again because obviously we must have been playing different games. There is always something to do in this game. It's massive. If you get bored with the missions, join a squad and do side missions or fight some bosses. You can't even stand around AFK being bored in this game or the Chosen hunter squad will track you down. I also don'tToo all the negative reviewers I suggest you give a try again because obviously we must have been playing different games. There is always something to do in this game. It's massive. If you get bored with the missions, join a squad and do side missions or fight some bosses. You can't even stand around AFK being bored in this game or the Chosen hunter squad will track you down. I also don't get the whining over PVP. So what boo hoo you can't run around being an asshat in a game killing everyone you see. You can DUEL so PVP still exists. Expand
  3. Jan 21, 2015
    Completely devoid of any challenge in any way shape or form. Exceedingly grindy standard mmo repetitive questing crap.

The only reason it doesn't have a zero, is the somewhat random events that happen in the field (Think of random crap from Red dead Redemption that you found everywhere but with much less variety)
  4. Jan 11, 2015
    Really fun game. Like, really. Basically the third person shooter version of World of Warcraft. Except that you do not need to spend that much time farming for things. I highly recommend everyone to try it out. By no means is this game pay to win, and the community is very mature.
  5. Jan 7, 2015
    Firefall is a good game. It has an amazing combat, nice graphics, an unique helpful and friendly community, some moral decisions if you take a depth look at game's content, it is very addictive, has great potential and the best of all... truly free. It is not where we (players) want it to be but is getting closer with every patch launched. Red5 developers are doing a great work indeed.Firefall is a good game. It has an amazing combat, nice graphics, an unique helpful and friendly community, some moral decisions if you take a depth look at game's content, it is very addictive, has great potential and the best of all... truly free. It is not where we (players) want it to be but is getting closer with every patch launched. Red5 developers are doing a great work indeed. They often even enter using their powerful boss forms to fight against players in open world.

But not all are good things, Firefall has some problems too. Uninteresting Open World PVP, it lacks meaningful endgame and game itself is kinda easy. Those issues are being reviewed and may be fixed on next patch at end of January / beginning of February. Or so we hope.

Overall, is a great game, has much more pros than cons and it offers a different experience from other games on market, if you give it time enough.

Just try it.

It's free after all.
  6. Jan 4, 2015
    I beta tested this game from its inception and followed it faithfully until now. It had so much going for it, then right before it launched, they changed directions and ruined it all... similar to the way Tabula Rasa switched gears or Star Wars Galaxies switched gears. They did it to please the masses, forced into it by their Publishers when the Developers actually don't want to do it.I beta tested this game from its inception and followed it faithfully until now. It had so much going for it, then right before it launched, they changed directions and ruined it all... similar to the way Tabula Rasa switched gears or Star Wars Galaxies switched gears. They did it to please the masses, forced into it by their Publishers when the Developers actually don't want to do it. It is such a sad thing to see.

I continued to follow the game and play it for many months after it launched, in the hopes the new direction could appeal to me, but I just couldn't take it anymore. Don't get me wrong, the game is still very unique and can be very fun at times, but for what I'm getting, I'd rather play Unreal or WoW at two different times and get the better game-play of each than the dumped down, washed out mix offered by FireFall. The lack of content, especially end-game, is depressing and what was shown in the trailers for the game that got everyone so excited still isn't even added...
  7. Jan 4, 2015
    In the contrary to the critic review, I feel that this game is pretty good. Unlike other MMOs or MOBAs , Firefall offer a unique gameplay. For the new users, I highly recommend to start by grouping with other players not by soloing. Group activities are a lot of fun and better than soloing
  8. Dec 8, 2014
    Firefall is a mediocre MMORPG which looks interesting for a week or so, but then you realize it's repetitive, boring chore. Due to internal turmoils game lost direction mid-way through development and final version is only what was salvaged from the original innovation idea. This game brought insane amount of disappointment. Just 5 months after release game lost 90% of it's player base andFirefall is a mediocre MMORPG which looks interesting for a week or so, but then you realize it's repetitive, boring chore. Due to internal turmoils game lost direction mid-way through development and final version is only what was salvaged from the original innovation idea. This game brought insane amount of disappointment. Just 5 months after release game lost 90% of it's player base and is dropping by at least -20% of active player base every month. It's not that bad as to give it score of 0, more like 5ish, but It's a train wreck with no chance of reboot and that flatlines my score. Expand
  9. Nov 30, 2014
    It would be a decent product for what you pay, but there are plenty of good F2P games to spend time on.

The gunplay is nice... inspired by Tribes, and dumbed down. The MMO aspects severely lack.

Give it a shot, then delete it and move on. Investing time or money in it will just disappoint. Its a failure of a game... and one they're desperately trying to monetize.
  10. Oct 16, 2014
    If you are looking for a fun co operative game to play with your buddies and have a good time, then look no further. I will not go into details because many others have. So I will be straight. If you enjoy the game it is beneficial for you to drop a bit of money into it and get a jump pad, glider pad, and a vehicle. That's basically all you will need to spend money on. The rest isIf you are looking for a fun co operative game to play with your buddies and have a good time, then look no further. I will not go into details because many others have. So I will be straight. If you enjoy the game it is beneficial for you to drop a bit of money into it and get a jump pad, glider pad, and a vehicle. That's basically all you will need to spend money on. The rest is cosmetic things and trinkets. Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2014
    I needed a break from Dark Souls II and was feeling the MMO bug again. Tried a Wildstar free trial and loved it, but I can't afford to pay subscription costs. Anyway, I actually heard about this game on Zero Punctuation and figured I'd try it. Surprisingly, I've been having an awesome time with Firefall! It's free to play, but not pay to win, and you can progress at a decent plug withoutI needed a break from Dark Souls II and was feeling the MMO bug again. Tried a Wildstar free trial and loved it, but I can't afford to pay subscription costs. Anyway, I actually heard about this game on Zero Punctuation and figured I'd try it. Surprisingly, I've been having an awesome time with Firefall! It's free to play, but not pay to win, and you can progress at a decent plug without paying. I will probably buy some Red Beans (the game currency) at some point, but right now it's still playable. The world is fantastically build and the art style is visually appealing. The combat is really fun and varied, and you get a permanent freaking jetpack! Travel is far less tedious than other MMOs, and you don't have to hunt for quest givers. The game lets you craft everything for free, but if you pay you can speed it up. All-in-all it's been a great adventure so far, and I will continue playing. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because the enemy and quest models are not very diverse at all. Expand
  12. Sep 28, 2014
    Really surprised with this game, I downloaded it for free on Steam out of sheer boredom and it's turned out to be one of, if not the best modern MMO I've played. The game runs smoothly, the map is enormous, gun combat works really well and jet packing around the map is super fun. I've been doing various quests with a friend of mine and been having a pretty good time. The in-game supportReally surprised with this game, I downloaded it for free on Steam out of sheer boredom and it's turned out to be one of, if not the best modern MMO I've played. The game runs smoothly, the map is enormous, gun combat works really well and jet packing around the map is super fun. I've been doing various quests with a friend of mine and been having a pretty good time. The in-game support from players is also amazing. If ever I have a noob question to ask, I just type it in the chat box and receive immediate replies.

Only downside of the game is the micro transactions. As expected with a free-to-play game, there's a heavy emphasis on buying additional items for your character using their beans credits. It is kind of annoying as nearly every screen I go on has some option to 'buy this with beans'. However, it's still perfectly playable without having to pay a penny!
  13. Sep 25, 2014
    The tech support is amazing! I was helped within the hour and each response I left got an immediate response back! My issue was fixed professionally and quickly within minutes of the first response. The instructions were easy to follow and links were given for all folder locations and all downloads, making it a simple copy and paste or click to get where I needed. The gameplay for thisThe tech support is amazing! I was helped within the hour and each response I left got an immediate response back! My issue was fixed professionally and quickly within minutes of the first response. The instructions were easy to follow and links were given for all folder locations and all downloads, making it a simple copy and paste or click to get where I needed. The gameplay for this game is unlike any other MMO and that is refreshing. The live events are fun! Seeing an invasion happen, rushing to get to the location and finding yourself in a fierce battle is so much fun! There are plenty of battle-frames to choose from to fit any play style. Not only is the game extremely fun, but if you ever run into any problems, getting help is fast and painless! That makes for a really great experience! Plus, the devs are always listening to the players and constantly improving the game according to what the players recommend! The game is constantly improving, always getting better and better! Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2014
    I've been playing Firefall since the days of the endless Beta and I've had nothing but fun, but it can be a bit of a mixed experience, and certainly having friends to play this game with contributes in a major way. Ok so first the bad - the quests can be a bit repetitive and slow, particularly making you go back and fore to the message board to get them, but a number of them are fun. ThisI've been playing Firefall since the days of the endless Beta and I've had nothing but fun, but it can be a bit of a mixed experience, and certainly having friends to play this game with contributes in a major way. Ok so first the bad - the quests can be a bit repetitive and slow, particularly making you go back and fore to the message board to get them, but a number of them are fun. This is a first/third person shooter, so the quests will involve shooting things or rescuing people/stuff and then carrying those things while encumbered and other people shoot at you. I think more could be made of this from an MMO point of view as the progression isn't exactly linear - but that can be a good thing as well.]
    Some of the reviews slating this game are more through the developers making radical changes in patches - although most of hte big changes have been done and I think what we have now is a very playable game.
    Now for the good - and there is A LOT of good in this game. It was originally touted as an e-sports title, and the PvP is very slick. The weapon progression is accessable to everyone and can take time but it is satisfying to be able to play with things like reload speed, magazine size, rate of fire and now additional elemental damage. The graphics are quite stylised, but nice, and the artwork for the environments is still stunning. The freedom of exploration is also still there, although you can't place Thumpers in as many wierd and wonderful areas as was possible in the past.
    Squad thumping with a group is great fun and the classes are able to support each other well in game - it's intense and frenetic and was always one of the best experiences of the game.

It's not perfect, and at times it does feel ike there could be more there to do, but rather than an MMO to burn hours of your life in, it's more like a shooter with progression features which add to the customisation feel of your character, and improve your interaction with the world, and there' alot there to make your character feel unique. Spending hours and hours doing PvE in this can get very dull particularly by yourself, but get a group of friends, and thump or do PvP and this game really shines.

In short, I'm older and I have less time than when I used to bury myself in an MMO for days at a time and lose track of time.
    With family and other commitments, this game fits in nicely, and there still remains the potential for endless expansion and world boss moments like the exciting videos of the original trailers way back when.

It's not perfect, but there's much more good than bad and the co-op play can make this game very exciting.
  15. Sep 23, 2014
    Firefall is a pretty complete and fun game. There are some bugs, yes, but the world is huge, the options available are so many that I will be discovering things easily after 100 hours of gameplay. And for being so large and complete, that occasional bugs will exist.

Crafting system, gathering resources, battle while gathering resources, not just passively mining or something, things are packed with action, good size action.

As far as graphics, gorgeous at Ultra High, the field of view - rendering is amazingly far, due to its vertical aspect (you can fly - use jetpacks), using height is a whole new level of fun and strategy.
  16. Sep 16, 2014
    I finished all the story missions. I've got 3 maxed characters that I'm happy with. What now? Do I want to spend hours grinding at the same missions over and over again to earn the crystite and research points I lost to a confusing crafting system? Not really. And it made me think, even if they had reset my research points, do I want to grind the same missions over and over again to earnI finished all the story missions. I've got 3 maxed characters that I'm happy with. What now? Do I want to spend hours grinding at the same missions over and over again to earn the crystite and research points I lost to a confusing crafting system? Not really. And it made me think, even if they had reset my research points, do I want to grind the same missions over and over again to earn the stuff I need to actually craft anything? Not really.

I fell in love with Firefall in beta, but it's like a bad relationship where you just stick around because you know how awesome it COULD be, but it's just not there. I don't know if FireFall will ever get there, and I don't think I care to stick around to find out anymore.
  17. Sep 16, 2014
    Each new patch "fixes" bugs that, in some cases were the only thing keeping the game fun (thunder-bumping? Anyone?) and then takes a huge step backwards by reworking aspects that only needed minor tweaking. The game is an impressive work on the surface, especially considering the F2P model. It feels like R5 really had something going for it w/ the original idea, then too many power hungryEach new patch "fixes" bugs that, in some cases were the only thing keeping the game fun (thunder-bumping? Anyone?) and then takes a huge step backwards by reworking aspects that only needed minor tweaking. The game is an impressive work on the surface, especially considering the F2P model. It feels like R5 really had something going for it w/ the original idea, then too many power hungry people got their grubby hands in too many different aspects of it and the end result is a complete mess. Trying to please too many people at once, including their own investors and employees, rather than sticking to one thing and just doing it well, is what caused this catastrophe. There's no staying power other than the fact that it's the only thing that tries to combine a lot of people's favorite genres besides Borderlands 2 (which had it's own minor problems regarding a lack of replay value). The problem is, it does none of them well... and leaves me, personally, constantly searching for an as yet unavailable alternative. But alternatives will be coming and, unless they get their sh*t together and stop trying to jerk everybody off at the same time, Firefall (and R5) will be quickly forgotten. Expand
  18. Sep 16, 2014
    I give this game a 9, been playing for a while. I have no sense of direction so i get lost. Very big map. All in all, the game and the community are nice and competitive. Even my little brother enjoy watching me get lost.
  19. Sep 14, 2014
    It is not an easy game to play, so if you have not previous experience playing other games you will have problems handling this one, otherwise you will enjoy this fast faced FPS/TPS MMO. Some people are complaining about the transportation in the game, but I think it is because they have not experimented with all the ways to travel in the game apart from walking and the motorbike, useIt is not an easy game to play, so if you have not previous experience playing other games you will have problems handling this one, otherwise you will enjoy this fast faced FPS/TPS MMO. Some people are complaining about the transportation in the game, but I think it is because they have not experimented with all the ways to travel in the game apart from walking and the motorbike, use your brain a bit and soon you will solve this problem that for some others is the end of the world as we know it.
    There is not necessary to do missions in the game even when they are really easy to pick up from the board. Leveling is relatively fast (again only if you use your brain. I got level 40 in the second world when it is suppose to happen in the third one) Regarding the gear: you can loot it, create it, exchange it, buy it in the market with fake money, and of course the old fashion style "buy it with real money".
    Pay for win or play for win? I did not expend one single coin in the game (Max level right now and still playing) but I will like to help them cause the pretty job they did. So No! no need to spend money to be good in this game, it is absolute Free To Play. So give it a try I will say until level 15, believe me it is really easy to get level 15 and, see if you like it or no, because I am loving it.
  20. Sep 14, 2014
    After playing for around two years, very heavily at first, then only off and on when it was clear the devs were not listening. But after going back and playing the last to weeks I cant help but feel as though this game is the absolute shining example of squandered opportunity. It sad really, it had so much potential, you can see it everywhere you look in and at the game. But at the end ofAfter playing for around two years, very heavily at first, then only off and on when it was clear the devs were not listening. But after going back and playing the last to weeks I cant help but feel as though this game is the absolute shining example of squandered opportunity. It sad really, it had so much potential, you can see it everywhere you look in and at the game. But at the end of the day, you find yourself struggling to find a reason to stick around especially when you start the crafting gear grind.
    It is unique you have to give it that, and is worth a look just for that alone. But it falls short pretty much everywhere, something you see after a month or two.
  21. Sep 14, 2014
    PvP:
    -The pvp is horrible, some people say just wait and they will get it balanced but after years of beta its not even close to being balanced.
    -The goals in pvp leads to anti-fun base trading since you need extreme number of rewards to trade for gear upgrade. -You can enter PvP before you are max lvl on a frame but as lvl30 out of 40 you will get 1 shoted and with the best pvp frame
    PvP:
    -You can enter PvP before you are max lvl on a frame but as lvl30 out of 40 you will get 1 shoted and with the best pvp frame at lvl30 with best equipment you need 7-9 headshots to kill a lvl40 enemy while he needs 2 bodyshoot or 1headshoot to kill you.

PvE:
    -This actually has potential but the game has very little content and no chance they will be able to produce new content to slake your hunger for new content. best you can hope for is to play it for 10days every 3 months.
    -Ares quests are a big part of lvling up and they are
    run to X--> talk npc--> run X kill 10+spiders/bandits--> run to start. Those who defend them usually say things like "dont mind ares" "you get decent exp/time why you complaining" "its not that much running". Even their defenders admit they are wildly unpopular and hated for their sheer dependance on running between locations.

Good stuff:
    -Contol over your character the jetpack mechanics of being able to jump like the hulk and hover in the air like iron man leads you to feel like a super-skilled-ninja player when you dodge shots like spiderman. Even if your not as myself even halfway decent in shooters it gives you that gut feeling of Im-Good!. Could have been a fun offline game if they had built on this and made a fun main campaign but as a mmo it keeps giving you Missions that are 80% running and such a tiny amount of content and PvP that forces you to play in a antifun way with unbalanced "classes"

All in all id say dip your toes into it for around 10days or so and then get up quickly before the "potential" trap catches you. When it comes to mmos its better to be wise then intelligent
  22. Sep 13, 2014
    Very satisfied with Red 5 studio's goal. F2P What more can you ask? Huge map, huge story and huge guns. Download it, play it. Maybe you get to see my huge Dreadnaught ;p
  23. Sep 12, 2014
    I've been playing Firefall while waiting for Destiny to come out and to be honest, I did get a day one copy for Destiny, but have not touched it since purchase. Something about this game keeps me coming back, maybe because I'm a fan of jetpacks? I guess it's also the frames setup, it so interesting that the style of play drastically changes per frame.
  24. Sep 12, 2014
    Firefall hits the mark! (except when some genius compares this to a pure FPS or RPG game) It's a mix of both! Never a dull moment, both game and the players inside are awesome, just like bacon!
  25. Sep 11, 2014
    For a free game, this feels as polished as you can get, at least give it a chance. I didn't regret it one bit. Leveling up the frames may get repetitive at times but once you've done it, it's all uphill.
  26. Sep 10, 2014
    I'm a relatively "new" player, started only a month or so back. At first it didn't hook me so much so my friends helped me level up a bit. As of this typing, I'm a couple of levels higher already, I'm hooked! It's not a perfect game by any means, but it has a certain charm to it that just gets you. I also love how the jetpacks are not merely cosmetic, they really add a mechanic to the game!
  27. Sep 10, 2014
    Let's never underestimate MMOs released post-WoW. Sure there are triple-A greats here and there, but indie, F2P, and/or foreign sleepers abound. One of them is Firefall. Don't be swayed away by people complaining about the grind. It's a fun grind! Shooting things in first or third person really takes away a lot of the annoyance of tab-target combat. It's fun, frantic, and fast withLet's never underestimate MMOs released post-WoW. Sure there are triple-A greats here and there, but indie, F2P, and/or foreign sleepers abound. One of them is Firefall. Don't be swayed away by people complaining about the grind. It's a fun grind! Shooting things in first or third person really takes away a lot of the annoyance of tab-target combat. It's fun, frantic, and fast with Firefall. Gorgeous graphics wrap good gameplay up nicely. Look forward to big pitched firefights against aliens, space terrorists, and mutated Earth fauna, jetpacking your way through the zing of bullets and lasers, assembling cool tech yourself. All this for free! Expand
  28. Sep 9, 2014
    Firefall is a free to play game with no pay to win scheme. The graphics looks fantastic, but the game still has bugs and glitches. controlling your charter is smooth and responsive except when you melee.
  29. Sep 9, 2014
    I like that it is on the PC!!! Free to play is definitely where i want to stay, I would rather spend my time and my money on a live service and not have to pay 60 bux each year for something similar.
  30. Sep 9, 2014
    It's not perfect, but Red5 have sure got a knack for giving the gamers what they want in a game, a well paced shooter that is engaging and entertaining at the same time. Sure there's the grind to level frames but all MMO's have grinds as well. The frame variations are awesome and well, you cannot go wrong with Jetpacks.
  31. Sep 9, 2014
    Just this week was a slew of new updates, plus a big one on the 12th. It was kinda a rocky launch but the devs are putting up face to complete their promises bit by bit. I like that. Add the continuous dev support to an already okay game, and you get a good game. Some notes: It's PvE centric, so PvP addicts beware. The PvE gameplay is great though, and is an excitingly explodey shooterJust this week was a slew of new updates, plus a big one on the 12th. It was kinda a rocky launch but the devs are putting up face to complete their promises bit by bit. I like that. Add the continuous dev support to an already okay game, and you get a good game. Some notes: It's PvE centric, so PvP addicts beware. The PvE gameplay is great though, and is an excitingly explodey shooter experience. People will tell it's got loads of traveling to the point of boring. Honestly, it's probably just bored people speaking of how bored they are. The ways of travel are great, and complement the bouts of action really well as interludes. It's a pretty scape, and there's awe-inspiring group bosses that threaten the world. Good solid experience all in all. Expand
  32. Sep 7, 2014
    I love that this particular MMO isn't too dependent on having to purchase items to move forward in the game. The sci-fi feel is also its big appeal for me.
  33. Sep 6, 2014
    I was one of the original 5 NCO's for the game. I was threatened by the community manager when I spoke up about the bait and switch feeling many had when they surprised us with durability, item decay, gated content, suddenly discovered technical limitations and that a two years prior The9 bought up the company and dictated the change in direction. Only thing was Red5 was still pushing itI was one of the original 5 NCO's for the game. I was threatened by the community manager when I spoke up about the bait and switch feeling many had when they surprised us with durability, item decay, gated content, suddenly discovered technical limitations and that a two years prior The9 bought up the company and dictated the change in direction. Only thing was Red5 was still pushing it as something they knew they never intended to make.
    Ask around, you will find people who had their accounts deleted, posted edited and threats made by the Community Manager Phobos (who has zero qualifications to manage anything more then his own bowel movements). In 2012 somebody told me that Firefall was to be an inch deep and a mile wide. They were correct. The game today in no way resembled the one they showed us when we were at Red5 Studios other then it still has guns. No in depth community activity in game, no economy based around the Chosen War. In fact the economy is a treadmill of repairing gear and there really is no more Chosen War. Oh, look for the early art for the Melding Gates. Were they created because in 2010 they already knew of the limitations? Good luck getting an honest answer from that.
    The game is now garbage. Steaming pile of rotting garbage awaiting its day to be taken to the dumpster. It isn't a matter of if it closes but when and The9 is working on a console system of their own for China so don't expect any financial support from them.
    The concept was great. They should have known in 2010 what the limitations were but they are not a trustworthy bunch in my opinion so I would doubt any answer they gave.
    They took a decent open world shooter and turned it into a Chinese market Grinder with bits of **** I say **** because it doesn't even do the Shooter aspects worth a damn.
    Look at Glassdoor, google old 2010 articles about what The9 did to the company, see what they did when they removed Grummz (a repeat of 2010), then look at the state of the game and the blanket denial by Red5 that anything is wrong.
    AI is garbage.
    PVP is worth about the same, garbage.
    Economy makes zero sense.
    They don't sell power, they just make you so miserable you are forced to pay for easier access.
    The shooting feels as empty and emotionless as Duck Hunt.
    The missions are extremely repetitive.
    There is no Chosen War or reason for the game existing.
    The random lag spikes are present 4yrs on into the games life.
    Gated content prevents you from playing with others and those the correct level rarely play anymore.
    For having an exo-suit you sure do run slow.
    Bunny hop combat. Not much else to say about that.
    Horrible voice acting, deaf lesbian porn has better acting.
    There is no dynamic world like promised. Instead it has a static world with randomly generated events.
    NPC's are zero help in defending their own towns let alone themselves.
    Terrain exploits.
    Almost no real customization. Hats, stupid, idiotic hats but little else.
    It feels like all the hitboxes are the same size regardless of the frame you are using.
    Two dimensional presentations can still make you feel a sense of distance, just not in this game.
    All the best art work was done by somebody who left the company in 2010.
    They keep blaming a past CEO for decisions The9 made and James agreed to. Now James in in charge but only until they replace him or shut things down.
    I regret the time I put into the game and the times I recommended it to friends.
    It was one of the worst outcomes I have seen from something I was part of so early on. **** in and **** out. They started putting pure **** into the game and the real developers grabbed their **** and got out.
  34. Sep 6, 2014
    The battleframes system is what I like the best here. I can change the way I play my character anytime I want and I'm not restricted to stick to 1. The loot is very rewarding. Of course, a few level of difference in the loot won't be noticeable. But when you get a really good one... you feel the hard hit of your bullets to the enemy.

The setting has a lot of colors and looks really

The setting has a lot of colors and looks really gorgeous. This is Borderlands with mmo infused in it.

A must play.
  35. Sep 6, 2014
    Best SCI-FI MMO RPG with FPS combat and Borderlands-style graphics. So many elements that integrate into a busy PvE game - you may want to look at PvP someplace else, but all the other stuff in the game is top-notch. Kudos to the developers for staying and fighting with this gem of a game all throughout.
  36. Sep 6, 2014
    Awesome game. For something that was so so way back, it's turned into something special and who would have thought? I'm glad I stuck it out with this game. The use of battleframes is genius, although I wish I can have all my frames leveled up already instead of repeating everything one by one.
  37. Sep 5, 2014
    The game world is very large. Good thing you have jet boots, which can give you a boost forward and move a little faster, or you can make use of glider pads, going high up on buildings.

A good game I found myself enjoying in farming more XP and Crystite. It's an FPS with other people. GIVE ME MORE!
  38. Sep 4, 2014
    The most fun I have had playing a video game in quite some time. Gorgeous open world to explore. The option to level through questing or encountering random world events. Great selection of classes and abilities. The vehicles and hang gliding is wonderful. I really can't say enough good things about it.

Coming from a gamer who plays tons of PvP game the PvE in this game is a nice

Coming from a gamer who plays tons of PvP game the PvE in this game is a nice change. Instead of having some dude ganking me everywhere I go, I run into strangers all the time and we all help each other. It's fun and hilarious at times. Take a bow dev team. Bravo.
  39. Sep 3, 2014
    the graphics,textures,and landscapes for this game on ultra settings are amazing and beautiful. but the put to little detail into the characters,and enemies. and game play is not the best. i would recommend this game to someone who wants a visual treat.but not for someone who enjoys good gameplay
  40. Aug 31, 2014
    i played this game since its beta, the only regret i have it just that i didn't continue playing it till launch. it has so much PvE content that i don't care about pvp. yes it did changed a lot from beta to launch but still it got so much better in content that the lack of character progression deep is not an issue. i really recommend it. but it is still far from a solid 10.
  41. Aug 30, 2014
    Firefall is a Sci-Fi MMO FPS that grows on you. There are still missing elements here and there, but overall, it is a game on the verge of completion. Give it a try, it won't disappoint.
  42. Aug 28, 2014
    The game is unique and very enjoyable, i've rated it with maximum points, because it deserve to be recognized and tried by more people. I'm sure that there's alot of people out there who haven't heard of the game and surely if they knew about it they'd be hooked on it. I won't go explaining the positive sides of the game because they are alot and it's more fun to go and find out yourself,The game is unique and very enjoyable, i've rated it with maximum points, because it deserve to be recognized and tried by more people. I'm sure that there's alot of people out there who haven't heard of the game and surely if they knew about it they'd be hooked on it. I won't go explaining the positive sides of the game because they are alot and it's more fun to go and find out yourself, but i'll put some words about the negativities so 'perfectionists' don't get disappointed.
    The game is lacking content, but it got officially released like a month ago, and there's already teritories being opened, be patient.
    It's grindy and quests are so repeatable, but there's people who enjoy grindy mmo, i personally love it if it's made enjoyable and it sure is in Firefall and keeps being varied. The quests are repeatable indeed, but there's interesting story going on there i personally did all the quests and can't wait for new teritories to open so i can see how the story continues.
    There's constantly updates with changes in teritories and abilities without much announcing about them. Some are pissed about it (mainly about ability nerfing without announcing it) but it's a neccesary thing...
    Shortly... The game didn't progress that much during the long beta, but it's undenyable that it's progressing and now that it's released they are opening teritories=new content in a faster rate. The game is unique give it a chance if you think it's your cup of tea.
  43. Aug 28, 2014
    I have been playing this game since open Beta and I had my hopes and doubts but now I have no doubts. This is the game I wanted. Yes it is true it has bugs and still a lot of content missing. However looking at the period since launch they have changed a lot and they are faster on implementing players feedback more than ever. Just looking at last implemented event I know they know whatI have been playing this game since open Beta and I had my hopes and doubts but now I have no doubts. This is the game I wanted. Yes it is true it has bugs and still a lot of content missing. However looking at the period since launch they have changed a lot and they are faster on implementing players feedback more than ever. Just looking at last implemented event I know they know what they are doing. For new players I would just like to say 1st 20 levels might be a bit overwhelming and not what u might expect but stick around and max at least one frame and then u will see miracles happen. Expand
  44. Aug 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed playing Firefall with my buddies. There are original concepts and we're all FPS fanatics. There are bad reviews about it, but we don't mind - as long as it's free and we're having fun with it, that's why I'm giving it a 10.
  45. Aug 27, 2014
    Firefall is worth giving a chance. What I like most about this game is that players work together; you might be running a random mission when other players passing by stop to help out and reap part of the rewards. The system is set up to encourage cooperation rather than competition - it doesn't have that culture in which you're obsessively trying to whore epic loot at the expense ofFirefall is worth giving a chance. What I like most about this game is that players work together; you might be running a random mission when other players passing by stop to help out and reap part of the rewards. The system is set up to encourage cooperation rather than competition - it doesn't have that culture in which you're obsessively trying to whore epic loot at the expense of others. At first I found the character graphics a bit dull, as they are somewhat in the style of Borderlands; however, the environmental detail and world are great. Overall a fun and fresh game that has me invested in seeing what's next. Expand
  46. Aug 26, 2014
    This MMOFPS game is highly customizable in-game meaning you can change your class and your gender ingame anytime you want, you can buy items to increase your customizability any time you want. For all people who are unhappy with games that say they are highly customizable and they aren't this is your game to solve that issue. This game is a Sify-FPS AND A Third Person Shooter. You canThis MMOFPS game is highly customizable in-game meaning you can change your class and your gender ingame anytime you want, you can buy items to increase your customizability any time you want. For all people who are unhappy with games that say they are highly customizable and they aren't this is your game to solve that issue. This game is a Sify-FPS AND A Third Person Shooter. You can customize your view anytime you want by hitting the middle mouse button. You can craft new weapons and vehicles every level so what are you waiting for jump into firefall Expand
  47. Aug 26, 2014
    Firefall is one of those endearing games that keeps getting better as updates by the developer go by. It's a labour of love, and it shows through the inspired components that you will realize only when you play the game.
  48. Aug 23, 2014
    It's a good treat for sci-fi shooter enthusiasts; aliens, lasers, splosions, jetpacks, high-tech vehicles, and more. Great visuals (a lil too heavy on the lens flares on higher settings), nice ways to traverse the beautiful open-world, and all-in-all a good PvE experience. PvP is not that existent yet, I think, which for me was a plus, didn't want anyone interrupting my operatic spaceIt's a good treat for sci-fi shooter enthusiasts; aliens, lasers, splosions, jetpacks, high-tech vehicles, and more. Great visuals (a lil too heavy on the lens flares on higher settings), nice ways to traverse the beautiful open-world, and all-in-all a good PvE experience. PvP is not that existent yet, I think, which for me was a plus, didn't want anyone interrupting my operatic space exploration. Item store content is a bit too tacky for my taste, but it's great in a sense that it's not P2W. Great game for a small effort and cashout. Expand
  49. Aug 21, 2014
    Okay, first of all, a good bit of negative reviews you will inevitably see for this game are from bitter beta players. This game had a 2+year beta period, and it changed direction so many times in that timeframe that just about nobody got the exact snippet of that beta they wanted to become the full game.

The game is actually one of the more pleasant MMO games out there, the grind is

The game is actually one of the more pleasant MMO games out there, the grind is short, probably won't even take you 4 days to max a class playing fairly casually, the mechanics are a bit fresh, and it manages a decent blend of shooter and hotbar MMO, with the emphasis largely being on shooter with just a few skills with long cooldowns. As of the most recent patch content in this game is up 3 or 4 fold from its release levels, there isn't more unique content, there's just now more content in the game to play. There however, is plenty of content for a game that has just released, and more to come.

This is a game I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys shooters, or shooters and MMOs, but probably not to the classic MMO fan. It's free, and there's no pay to win, so if you're looking for something to try, give it a shot.
  50. Aug 20, 2014
    Stealth Nerf's are constant in this game. They do not know how to fine tune things and instead swing the pendulum from side to side hoping the few seconds it is good is sufficient to keep customers around, then they dont tell you it is being done.

For a game that has been in beta for 3 years it feels more like its just starting beta. Lack of content is another major issue. The Costs

The Costs associated with crafting are abysmally brutal.
    8560 credits to unlock the ability to craft high level gear in one tree, that does not include the costs associated with getting to that point. Then the costs really begin. 20K credits worth in mats to be able to make it. Or the equivalency of grinding for the mats for weeks on end.

Bottom line, its a game that had a ton of potential and they squandered it. They have repeatedly thrown out what was good and thrown in something untried that people did not want.
  51. Aug 19, 2014
    Great game, having tons of fun and the most beautiful part is: its free!! Good sounds, graphics are not outstanding but okay, nice worlds, good voiceovers, good missions and MP (coop with a friend) works perfect. The upgrading is slow but I like slow paced games.
  52. Aug 19, 2014
    This game got some hype for unknow reasons. I don't even get why people play it to be honest:

Lag spikes everywhere despite low amount of players connected Bug galores everywhere: quest objectives not generated or just bugging, every glitch in the book of glitches. If you start playing this game you'll face 100% certain gamebreaking issues that will at least frustrate you and make you

Lag spikes everywhere despite low amount of players connected
    Bug galores everywhere: quest objectives not generated or just bugging, every glitch in the book of glitches. If you start playing this game you'll face 100% certain gamebreaking issues that will at least frustrate you and make you loose decent amount of time.
    Clunky IA and game mechanics
    Repetitive and slow paced gameplay
    Ugly character design and lore...
    Worst Cell shading since PS1

But there are some good points too:

It's a veritable free to play
    Somehow poetic environnement, sometimes contemplative
    A step forward for dynamicly generated content in open world games
    Adapted content for relaxed group plays, especially for under aged players

My verdict is that Defiance is a better mmofps in every aspects of it and it's not a good thing. There are better mmofps, including f2p mmofps everywhere. This game doesn't deserve any time spent on it in its actual state despite being free. Majong 2013 demo would certainly proves itself more entertaining than this.
  53. Aug 18, 2014
    Very Solid MMO Shooter Game Free To Play and absolute NO Pay to Win.

I have been having a blast playing this, I forgot time when i played this game for about 3 days straight so it is awesomely fun

will recommend this to new and beginners of the game
  54. Aug 18, 2014
    FireFall have delivered many great things since it was first released (closed alpha) and I can only say the game can be insanely fun, unlike other MMOs FireFall feels a little different, it's a game that you can hardly compare to other MMOs, which is good.
  55. Aug 18, 2014
    I played bunch of MMOs, most were boring or I couldn't have fun without spending real money for boosters, revivals everything was so restricted. FireFall offers open and wide world without a need of paying anything, you can unlock everything by progressing in game.
  56. VRH
    Aug 17, 2014
    It used to be a shooter with open world and dynamic events, now its just another mmorpg with ridiculous level system for a shooter, segregating players with zone levels thus making a game not so "open world", pvp is broken, arena pvp is missing, nothing actually happening in game except job boards which are running simulator. There is no sign of any war going on, no diversity in weapons,It used to be a shooter with open world and dynamic events, now its just another mmorpg with ridiculous level system for a shooter, segregating players with zone levels thus making a game not so "open world", pvp is broken, arena pvp is missing, nothing actually happening in game except job boards which are running simulator. There is no sign of any war going on, no diversity in weapons, no diversity in customizing a character, once you get max level 40 you got nothing to do in the game...in short, it is just sad what they have done to once brilliant original and mostly important FUN mmo shooter... Expand
  57. Aug 17, 2014
    Firefall is a nice example of a "sleeper" hit; a game you're bound to pass off as unworthy because of a myriad reasons - be it bad press, a slow start, a rocky development process. You'll be glad you didn't because while it is not the perfect game, it certainly is one that rewards you for not dropping it back into the supermarket shelves. Not that you'd need to purchase anything fromFirefall is a nice example of a "sleeper" hit; a game you're bound to pass off as unworthy because of a myriad reasons - be it bad press, a slow start, a rocky development process. You'll be glad you didn't because while it is not the perfect game, it certainly is one that rewards you for not dropping it back into the supermarket shelves. Not that you'd need to purchase anything from Firefall to enjoy it. Play it for free, and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  58. Aug 15, 2014
    this game does not have good graphics, but i love the voice acting and such amazing map and actions. this game IS VERY LAGGY but turns out the graphics are not too good. there are too much objects (and entities) so the map is very messy (though its kind of beautiful) that you basically cant see the enemy. i didn't really enjoy the game.
  59. Aug 15, 2014
    FireFall's numerous unique gameplay elements make it a very good MMO for me. It's not the typical grindcore and it offers a lot more fun in terms of graphics, resource-management, combat and character seletion / leveling up.It's something unique that I think any MMO player should try, especially if they want a fresh take on the genre.
  60. Aug 15, 2014
    "Firefall is a dynamic, open-world MMO shooter and the environment to revolve around is superb and amazingly done, excellent touch R5

5 base battleframes to choose from! DREADS!!! So Large Open World exploration where ganking is called fun Lore vs aliens invading us is greatly done, nice story board Its excellent well crafted, a lot of class R5 separated themselves with the

5 base battleframes to choose from! DREADS!!!

So Large Open World exploration where ganking is called fun

Lore vs aliens invading us is greatly done, nice story board

Its excellent well crafted, a lot of class R5 separated themselves with the other douce Developers on this one, with years of excellence R5 made the return of Firefall a bang! so download it and lets splatter alieny brainy things
  61. Aug 14, 2014
    Firefall is a dynamic, open-world MMO shooter

Lotsa class/battle frames to choose from! So Large Open World exploration Crafting! Need i say more? Story? Raid on Titans? You know its good when people come back after years of remembering this game, you will never get disappointed all good juju's have been installed, so i dont know whats with the low scores .. try it out for
    Firefall is a dynamic, open-world MMO shooter

Lotsa class/battle frames to choose from!

So Large Open World exploration

Crafting! Need i say more?

Story? Raid on Titans?

You know its good when people come back after years of remembering this game, you will never get disappointed all good juju's have been installed, so i dont know whats with the low scores .. try it out for 2-3 days before reviewing low.
  62. Aug 14, 2014
    Far from last year's release, what FireFall has achieved in terms of redesigning a lot of elements, is a very fun MMO altogether. I can quickly recommend this now to my friends (use the Referral program), especially since playing this with friends adds to the overall enjoyment. I'm hooked and I love the Dreadnaught.
  63. Aug 14, 2014
    In agreement with the MMORPG.com review, I would say that this is the penultimate online multiplayer game for people who love their MMORPGs and FPSs alike. It's a good mix between dazzling landmass exploration and tense and frenetic shootemups with aliens, bandits, and pretty much all the fauna of the invaded Earth. It is one game that you should not dismiss early because of a rocky mediaIn agreement with the MMORPG.com review, I would say that this is the penultimate online multiplayer game for people who love their MMORPGs and FPSs alike. It's a good mix between dazzling landmass exploration and tense and frenetic shootemups with aliens, bandits, and pretty much all the fauna of the invaded Earth. It is one game that you should not dismiss early because of a rocky media coverage (and actual run) of pre-launch development. It's paid its dues, and the devs have learned; it's like if D3: Reaper Of Souls came out without the vanilla D3. Go play, and glide the skies with splendor. Expand
  64. Aug 13, 2014
    The combat itself is wonderful.

Any player, from a seasoned vet to a less twitch-oriented MMO fan looking to support their allies, should find something to love in the five classes

Even though every class is a fully capable battle platform in its own right – even the medics’ guns pack a hell of a punch!
  65. Aug 13, 2014
    This is just fun. Played Tribes before and Borderlands and this game feels like they combined the best things in both games.

There's a learning curve of course. PVP will need some improvement. Questing is remarkable and fun.

The best of all, the graphics is AMAZING. If you're looking for a beautiful game, this is it.
  66. Aug 12, 2014
    Been following this game since PAX 2010 and playing it for 3 years now. This game has had many many versions and while I don't feel this is the best iteration of the game, I still can say I find this is the most unique and creative shooter to date.

Many older reviews and gameplay hype articles will tell you of the game's sandbox nature. Much of that is gone. Yes, I will start with the Cons: Level-gating was introduced to make the game easier for new players/casual gamers to understand which takes from the game's original depth. Exploring the map and doing dynamic events as you see fit is less of an option now as event spawns are reduced to favor a typical MMO quest hub system. The crafting and battleframe customization station used to allow for near endless personalization of gear, stats and playstyle, but the majority of that has been gutted. I cannot lie and say the sandbox roots are still in-tact.

That out of the way, the game retains much of its feel for combat and action. It does much of the Global Agenda/Tribes style gunplay better than ever. Abilities and unique weapons make for a lot of new experiences to be had. One character leveling every battleframe to master all playstyles is an option, and one you should take. There is no ability spam so you can't rely on your class as much as most games of this type (or past versions of this game). There are a lot of story encounters to be had against enemy armies or large mutant creatures. The story will suck you in if you like the idea of a post-apocalyptic world where disaster doesn't cause civilization to end, where it simply makes a new reality to own and shape. That is to say, it isn't a story about surviving and apocalypse, but rebuilding and counter-conquest.

The world is almost 3 times bigger than in past versions of the game. You will walk a lot if you don't buy a vehicle from the cash shop... or until level 25 where you craft one yourself. The cash shop bike is about $25, but playing and using in-game currency to exchange for cash shop currency is an option. You can take comfort in knowing that the motorcycle crafting is not going to be an expensive endeavor if you wait til level 25 like in the typical MMO. Only new battleframes, transportation/vehicles and cosmetics are sold on the cash shop and playing in-game allows you to buy what you want, so there is no fear of pay-to-win here: everything is accessable to everyone. Appearance customization is deep. The developers are more hands-on than you see in most game companies, frequenting the forums and holding live Q&A twitch streams. As well as in-game events. You will get to shoot and kill them sometimes.

There is a bit of grind in leveling, but if you are used to MMOs (especially F2P MMOs) this won't be a shock. The rewards for leveling are there. Each new zone provides more dynamic content and new events to participate in.
  67. Aug 12, 2014
    Quite a sorry show. Despite what the professional reviews are saying, this is not an original concept. The game is very nearly a carbon copy of Global Agenda, a game more highly reviewed by professional and gamer alike. Unsurprisingly, the game has released in a similarly poor launch to a market with less patience. I guess this won't be the Global Agenda "killer" (as if it needed one) after all.
  68. Aug 12, 2014
    To be honest i shouldnt buy that motorcycle because this game is terible. gameplay is boring,, questing is boring, everything sucks and boring, only good thing about this game is graphics, even crafting is boring
  69. Aug 12, 2014
    one of those games downloaded in steam that is free that is not disappointing, so far so good for me .. have liked read all their reviews and videos and so far i am impressed with how they upgrade every time they open up the game,

the levelling is also not that hard to follow 2-3 days will you good level with all the necessary equipment needed, the battleframes classes are awesome im going medic!

see ya out there COPA!
  70. Aug 10, 2014
    A real breath of fresh air in the MMO genre with the open-world map and the highest variety of quest objectives

Im a huge tribes fan so this game is right up my alley. I enjoy mmos and I also like borderlands. So to me this is almost everything

If you are sick and tired of the same old MMO's, then this game is a MUST try
  71. Aug 10, 2014
    Its been a while, but I'm happy to be a part of Firefall's launch crowd. Sure, the game has seen a lot of rough patches, but for the crew's first released title, I shouldn't expect less.

The game is well on track as a lot of games around this point of development. Much like now-giant Path of Exile, the game is ready to start shelling out content and expansions to the core game, and will continue to do so for a good deal of time. I'm excited to see what comes next, and will be playing through it as it all comes along.
  72. Aug 10, 2014
    It's been a rocky road to launch for Firefall but it's been well worth the wait, with the ares jobs systems and the dynamic mission out in the world it finally feels like you're in a live open world rather than the bland sandbox many open world games give. The FPS gameplay is easy to get into but hard to master, jumpjets give mobility in combat a huge twist and the abilities give eachIt's been a rocky road to launch for Firefall but it's been well worth the wait, with the ares jobs systems and the dynamic mission out in the world it finally feels like you're in a live open world rather than the bland sandbox many open world games give. The FPS gameplay is easy to get into but hard to master, jumpjets give mobility in combat a huge twist and the abilities give each class archetype it's own flair and playstyle.
    Trying to rush your way into the game is going to give you some issues with some of the more unique systems in place but it sports a mentor program that has dedicated players to answer question you have. There are also armies that you can join up with that will assuredly make the gameplay more lively and (hilariously) chaotic.
    Open world PvP does need some balancing but mostly on 3 (out of the total 16) of the battleframes.
    Overall I'd say this game has vast potential to improve as Red5 Studios has literally dragged this game out of Development Hell into its (MUCH, much more playable) state.
  73. Aug 10, 2014
    I've had good experiences with this game, since I rarely play this alone. Although I did try going solo, and it was still okay, but there's a better sense of accomplishment and the interaction is really fun.
  74. Aug 10, 2014
    I've had nothing but fun with Firefall, since it was just a small game with a little bit of PvP, to the expansive world we have now. The dev team has been so awesome, always chatting and communicating with players, and that is so rare these days!

There are definitely things that need work in this game. Since the game was pushed to launch likely do to investors breathing down their neck, there is a lot of room for addition. But since launch, key systems have been made and the ability to add content rapidly has been given to Red 5. So in the long run, we should see a remarkable game, full of potential, and stories to give to to other players.
  75. Aug 10, 2014
    I'm not very sure why the low score but so far... it seems good. The graphics are pretty amazing. Traveling around is very cool. Gliders and motorcycles FTW! It's very fun. I love the gameplay. It's like borderlands but with more people. It's nice to know the changes as well compared to what it is back then.

If you liked Tribes back then, then you will love Firefall. I just hope that

If you liked Tribes back then, then you will love Firefall.

I just hope that PVP can be better.

76. Aug 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Firefall is a boring mmo with a weak engine and lots of bugs, repetitive missions (some dont working) make players quit on 2,3 days only, unbalanced pve make some classes weak , and ridiculous system to convert cy on cr to use on Market show how blind are the developers players dont have Money to sell item ( Market need a small price to sell one item) this make impossible sell junks on 1cr you need pay 1 cr to put item on Market and 1 cr when sell this show how ridiculous are the Market system , craft is unseles and need a extreme hard grind to make anything, bikes are nerfed to force players spend Money to buy mgv, and some classes are useless with extreme high colldown for a weak and useless power Expand
  77. Aug 9, 2014
    This game's weird. That means FUN. MMOFPS in it's truest (I remember Planetside, but...), THIS is the heir to the throne of TRIBES! It's alot of what I expected from an idea like this, lots of midair shooting (Bombing Run Achievement is awesome cred), jetpack strafing, high-tech weaponry and skills, aliens everywhere (it's got a lot of variety in fauna). Best of all is the sprawling openThis game's weird. That means FUN. MMOFPS in it's truest (I remember Planetside, but...), THIS is the heir to the throne of TRIBES! It's alot of what I expected from an idea like this, lots of midair shooting (Bombing Run Achievement is awesome cred), jetpack strafing, high-tech weaponry and skills, aliens everywhere (it's got a lot of variety in fauna). Best of all is the sprawling open world, it's a lot of ground to cover, and we're just in Brazil now. I love the mountains, climbing up towering buildings then gliding down in style. This is TRIBES 2014. Expand
  78. Aug 9, 2014
    If you are sick and tired of the same old MMO's, then this game is a MUST try: Easy to follow quests (all of these are voiced), amazing music and graphics, unique "class" system and most importantly - GUNS! Don't listen to these disgruntled Beta-testers. Yes, this game had a rough development cycle, and no, I haven't played the old Beta, but the finished product is simply awesome. Is itIf you are sick and tired of the same old MMO's, then this game is a MUST try: Easy to follow quests (all of these are voiced), amazing music and graphics, unique "class" system and most importantly - GUNS! Don't listen to these disgruntled Beta-testers. Yes, this game had a rough development cycle, and no, I haven't played the old Beta, but the finished product is simply awesome. Is it perfect? No. Is it still worth playing? Hell Yes! And lastly, it's free; so instead of judging the game from these reviews, go ahead and give it a try. Expand
  79. Aug 9, 2014
    Enjoyed it, Has some decent gameplay perks. Nothing I've ever seen before in most RPGMMO's! Sadly it has some really buggy features but they're nothing that can't be changed in a future update. The level system is kinda bad, PvP is meh, AI is horrible and some missions/quests can be a real drag due to having very little mobs in the game. Graphics are nice but some of the particle andEnjoyed it, Has some decent gameplay perks. Nothing I've ever seen before in most RPGMMO's! Sadly it has some really buggy features but they're nothing that can't be changed in a future update. The level system is kinda bad, PvP is meh, AI is horrible and some missions/quests can be a real drag due to having very little mobs in the game. Graphics are nice but some of the particle and post-fx are just plain ugly. Transport around the map is very fluid and it's a really good looking map. You can tell its very borderlands inspired.
    6/10 from me for the game having some gameplay elements you can enjoy and very nice art-style, They should of spent some more development time just polishing off the game, but its a good concept to say the least!
  80. Aug 9, 2014
    FireFall is one of the few games that I have for Steam, especially for MMO's. It's got the familiar feel of Tribes from way back, as well as being unique in how you can enjoy it with friends / other people. Aside from that, I'm a real sucker for the Battleframes. :)
  81. Aug 8, 2014
    It's been said before: FireFall is unlike any MMO out there. It's an awesome cel-shaded FPS that is light on the quests - don't expect the same old hunt-for-animals trivialities. It's an enjoyable game that offers plenty of new mechanics and elements like thumping, melding, and the social interaction. Try it, it's not an F2W. :)
  82. Aug 8, 2014
    Very Solid MMO Shooter Game Free To Play and absolute NO Pay to Win.

You don't just HAVE to do quests, you can do ares missions, events like tornado, or Incursion event,

and pls. do like 2-3 hours per day before you review it negative
  83. Aug 8, 2014
    It's an awesome shooter-MMO. The Battleframes rock, and the gameplay is smooth and I enjoy it.
    Used to be addicted to playing Tribes, so all the jetpack craziness also helped me connect with this game.
  84. Aug 8, 2014
    I loved Tribes Ascend, I liked Borderlands. Combine those 2 awesome and epic games, and we got Firefall. Haven't tried the game in Beta but right now, the changes that the dev made is what made me look back and try this game again.

85. Aug 8, 2014
    Very polished (and well-manned, devs are formerly from Blizzard) somewhat-MMO FPS/TPS. It brings a fresh persistent-world shooter experience that's burritoed all together with exotic locales, a good class/role system, and somewhat different takes on crafting. The exhilarating experience of gliding around the map is a super bonus.
  86. Aug 7, 2014
    A titanfall ripoff. It's below average. All mechanics are bad, a bad story. The only good thing is the servers. Play Titanfall instead. Final verdict: Don't play it.
  87. Aug 7, 2014
    when I heard this game was finally going live i decided to give it a shot.

its a lot of fun! i honestly didnt expect or plan to make this my main game. but its kinda like unreal meets borderlands online. killing bugs is great, i dig the weapons. the lore is really good. they even have a manga written by orson scott card, same guy that wrote enders game. its really good. the
    when I heard this game was finally going live i decided to give it a shot.

the graphics look really great, especially if you crank up all the effects. motion blur adds a lot to this game if you can sustain high fps. apparently its the project offset engine.

if you want a great shooter thats kinda like borderlands with a touch of unreal, then firefall is totally your game.

i highly reccomend it, havent smiled this much playing a game in a while.
  88. Aug 7, 2014
    First thing I love about FireFall is the gameplay (gun-play, more like it); secondly, its awesomely smooth graphics. I don't have complaints, I love it. Also, I'm a diehard Unreal Tournament fan, so there.
  89. Aug 6, 2014
    Firefall is a pretty interesting game, but that wears off very quick. It's simply because of the bland quests and lack of storyline that eventually you have to wonder "what is there to do in the game?" . However, in a strange twist, the game has stunning visuals ( not graphics), ok gameplay , and not many, if any game breaking issues like are found in some other games. Also, this is a MMO,Firefall is a pretty interesting game, but that wears off very quick. It's simply because of the bland quests and lack of storyline that eventually you have to wonder "what is there to do in the game?" . However, in a strange twist, the game has stunning visuals ( not graphics), ok gameplay , and not many, if any game breaking issues like are found in some other games. Also, this is a MMO, not a fps, so don't forget it. Expand
  90. Aug 6, 2014
    First things first; This game deserve none of the 10's or 0's. It is neither perfect (nothing is) nor terrible as some may lead you to believe.

The world of Firefall is beautiful. But at the same time, it feels empty. Over time, I only hope they'll add more event types, and distribute them around. Story is OK-ish, sounds are fine, gunplay is enjoyable. But the real problem I have with this game is, the identity crisis it is going through.

It wants to be a shooter. Then it wants to have RP elements. Over the beta phases, it has changed drastically, and I don't believe they have tested all of these changes properly. Many of the depth has been removed from the game, and now what we have is a shooter with a very shallow progression system. I wish they kept some of the complexity rather than trying to streamline everything.

Overall, I enjoy the game, but sometimes it feels like a chore. But as a F2P title, you should at least give it a chance.

(over 100, Graphics: 85, Sound: 60, Music: 70, Gameplay: 60, Progression: 30, Story/World: 50)
  91. Aug 6, 2014
    Firefall got me by my heartstrings by harkening heavily from GITSAC and Appleseed influences. From the armor design, to the weapons and weapon effects, the SFX too, it immerses you nicely into an invaded futuristic Earth.
  92. Aug 6, 2014
    Here's my short review: Firefall is fun and addictive, and it doesn't **** on you with a pay-to-win scheme. Instead, it offers unique gameplay options should you decide to buy one of the cash battleframes. It offers a solid PvE experience with lots of missions ranging from capture the flag types, territory control, escort, and plain old seek and destroy. Even mining resources in this gameHere's my short review: Firefall is fun and addictive, and it doesn't **** on you with a pay-to-win scheme. Instead, it offers unique gameplay options should you decide to buy one of the cash battleframes. It offers a solid PvE experience with lots of missions ranging from capture the flag types, territory control, escort, and plain old seek and destroy. Even mining resources in this game is fun when you attempt to defend the Thumpers used to extract ore from the ground.

Travel around the post-apocalyptic, no - post-invasion is more like it, Brazil in all its (remaining) glory, because the action is wrapped around a cool sci-fi alien invasion where the opposing force is unpredictable in where they can strike, and their territory is inexplicably and slowly and surely encroaching what remains of the un-tainted Earth. Great visuals, fun firefighting, varied classes and roles, awesome and cool ways to travel (glider, jetpack, ATV, speedcycle). 9/10 in my book.
  93. Aug 5, 2014
    So, I have been playing this game for about a year now off and on and it has gone through many versions. In the past month or so the world and it's content has expanded and everything has become very polished, but I can tell they and tweaking things here and there from night to night and I'm sure a patch is right around the corner.

*Quest: the beginning town quest(Level 1-20) are

*Quest: the beginning town quest(Level 1-20) are repetitive, but the quest you find around the zones are very cool and the story/group quest are very fun and repeatable with a party or you can solo them. There is even a "Hardcore" mode.
    *Leveling: You level your frame, not yourself, so ever new frame is a new grind, but after you get a bike it's not that bad.
    *Mounts: Options are very limited. You have gliders, bikes, they just added these jeeps(?), and they have transports that run between the Quest hubs. Gliders are easy to come by, Bikes you can either buy or you and quest one at 25 or wait until level 40. I know nothing on the Jeep as it is new, but it looks like it can transport a party.
    *Area's/Zones: The Beginning area is very repetitive, but once you reach 25 and move out of the newb area the missions become more diverse and much more time consuming and in some cases only one person per zone can do the mission your on.
    *Somethings could better be explained to you, but zone chat will normally get you the answer to your question.
    *Finally, I have played a ton of MMO's and FPS's and I'm really digging this.. It's fun... I haven't seen how they are going to do Guilds or handle Raids(or if there are Raids)... I have 3 toons in the 20's(Max level is 40 currently)...

The game is free, fun, and ALL it'll cost you to try is the bandwidth to download it(It's a big game)...
  94. Aug 4, 2014
    The game is a downright train wreck. Red 5 failed over and over, and this "release" isn't showing anything promising, quite the contrary. The developers have no idea how to create the game, they have no leadership and no contact with the community. They ignored all pleas from a once dedicated and loving community that they had. Give it a try if you want but do not spend a single buck on it.
  95. Aug 3, 2014
    I was tantalized to try out the beta of Firefall a year ago, I loved what I saw, and could only hope for what was coming. I thought the game had spectacular vision and charm--and, like coffee, beer, and Star Trek, would inevitably be an acquired taste, something some people would love up front while others would have to endure before they could appreciate it.

The vision of Firefall as

The vision of Firefall as it was during development, became something else at launch. It *was* a classic PvP game like Tribes, with instanced balanced PvP gameplay of the e-sports variety, but apparently the execution of e-sports was so deliberate and premature that the testers began to hate it and began demanding only the open world PvE experience of an MMORPG. As Red 5 added more open world content, players took time out to explore it, and PvP instances couldn't even launch. So they threw out balanced PvP instances altogether. Thus the game became a different beast altogether.

In the end Firefall has become a game that doesn't really do anything *well*. It does a lot, a heck of a lot, just fine, with decent graphics and sound. But while there are PvP features in the game (duels and open world PvP in designated places) this isn't a PvP game, and it's also not an RPG, and it's sort of an FPS but the AI system couldn't handle the scale of many players so, at launch, a lot of interesting content was thrown out just like PvP was thrown out a year prior to launch. The notions of thumpers and tiki torches and Chosen put the game on the right track--really great ideas to build on and replicate--but new ideas seemed to have frozen to a halt some time prior to launch. The world is massive, but there's not much going on in it. In the end you have an okay game, extremely stable on the client, quite playable in its mechanics, but quite mediocre in its creativity and content. I cannot recommend this game until they add a LOT more campaign missions, dramatically soup up operations (AI servers etc) to restore the experience I enjoyed on the test servers during development, and turn PvP back on while finding a PvP matchmaking strategy that brings players together once again. Until then, this game is a tragic premature birth.
  96. Aug 3, 2014
    The only thing good about this game is the graphics and soundtrack. Quests are insanely repetitive and buggy. AI is terrible. End game is non-existent. Poor skill system. Poor balancing between classes. Really really bad PvP. I had supported this game during beta and was extremely disappointed. Gave it another 20 hours over a year later at launch and was even more disappointed. Squad/ArmyThe only thing good about this game is the graphics and soundtrack. Quests are insanely repetitive and buggy. AI is terrible. End game is non-existent. Poor skill system. Poor balancing between classes. Really really bad PvP. I had supported this game during beta and was extremely disappointed. Gave it another 20 hours over a year later at launch and was even more disappointed. Squad/Army system is very rudimentary. A lot was promised and Red 5 DID NOT deliver.
    0/10 as 6.2 is WAY more than this game deserves. I would not give it more than a 3(for graphics/soundtrack)

Overall Summary: Very poorly executed gameplay with a good OST and very good graphics.
  97. Aug 3, 2014
    Firefall is something of a conundrum. Expect a FPS and you'll come out deceived. Expect and MMORPG and you'll come out deceived. Both elements lack the depth of true games of that genre. As it's a shooter quests you know quests are going to be along the lines of "kill X of this or Y of that". This game has every element to be absolutely meh.

And yet, somehow, it has appeal. It's fairly

And yet, somehow, it has appeal. It's fairly innovative and gear and crafting especially works pretty well. Quests are repetitive but its storyline set-up is fun and there's stuff to do everywhere. You have your quests, there's public quests and there's gathering resources, which works even when helping others. And so you glide (yes, there's gliding, jumping and such) from quest hub to quest hub clocking hour after hour.

Yeah, the AI is weak. The UI is kind of sluggish, the economy hasn't gotten under way and there's many more things. As I said, this game has everything to be absolutely mediocre...

and yet.... it's fun. I'm not sure how long it'll be fun, but for now that's what it is. Fun.
  98. Aug 2, 2014
    I have been having a blast playing this, I got so sidetracked interacting with other players and the environment that I forgot all about the mission I was on for 2hours, but I helped out 6 different groups of people which was pretty satisfying. Looking forward to playing more.
  99. Aug 1, 2014
    The quests are horrible (repetitive and boring). its run 500m, kill a bunch of things, run another in another direction, kill some more stuff. This is repeated several times for each quest, every SINGLE quest. The side missions only come in a handful of flavors and after you've done a few, you've seen them all. Character building is a bit lacking and limited.
    Gameplay is fun, in short
    Gameplay is fun, in short bursts I guess. Though hardcore players will probably find alot lacking from Firefall
  100. Aug 1, 2014
    I really wanted to like this game, as I've put a ton of hours into it over the last couple years. The first hurdle you have to get over is the lack of introduction to the class system; you start out as one of the basic classes, but it doesn't even pretend to introduce the concept of the advanced classes to you. Now, the important thing here is that I wanted to play one of the advancedI really wanted to like this game, as I've put a ton of hours into it over the last couple years. The first hurdle you have to get over is the lack of introduction to the class system; you start out as one of the basic classes, but it doesn't even pretend to introduce the concept of the advanced classes to you. Now, the important thing here is that I wanted to play one of the advanced classes as my main class, so I have the option of paying $15 to unlock it or playing one of the basic classes up to max level to unlock an advanced class. I get that the devs need to make money, too, but telling me I either have to pay $15 or spend hours leveling a class, only so that I can start leveling the actual class I want to play is very poor design.

I started playing again at release and I just can't bring myself to play for more than a couple hours at a time. On top of all of the annoyances of the class system, the quest system is back to square one as far as MMOs are concerned. Every quest is 'go here, kill 5-10 dudes, go here and kill 5-10 dudes, go here and kill 5-10 dudes, turn quest in.' In the age of quest systems such as GW2's, this is unacceptable. On top of all of this, the AI is the worst AI I have ever seen in a shooter; to make up for this, the mobs hit very hard and spawn in ridiculous groups that will instagib you.

Honestly, I would recommend that everyone avoid this game like the plague. I just feel sorry for the poor souls who gave these devs money.

1. Jan 5, 2015
    Firefall probably is the most innovative MMO of the last period, whose indisputable merits are, however, counterbalanced by significant technical gaps as well as a general flatness of end-game contents. Worth much, but it could've been even better.
  2. Oct 24, 2014
    The story of Firefall’s development (9 years!) is much more interesting than the game itself. [Nov 2014, p.54]
  3. Sep 19, 2014
    The potential is there in the gunplay, but it's covered with shonky visuals and lifeless, grinding action. [Nov 2014, p.73]