FlatOut 2 PC

8.7

1. MikeL.
    Sep 3, 2006
    FlatOut 2 is a fun game. You'll often find yourself in amazing crashes or incredibly close races. The minigames are plentiful and entertaining. Unfortunately once you've unlocked all of the cars in the single player Career mode you've done all the game has to offer other than playing the many game types just for fun. Personally I prefer Need for Speed: Most Wanted because FlatOut 2 is a fun game. You'll often find yourself in amazing crashes or incredibly close races. The minigames are plentiful and entertaining. Unfortunately once you've unlocked all of the cars in the single player Career mode you've done all the game has to offer other than playing the many game types just for fun. Personally I prefer Need for Speed: Most Wanted because the cars are way, way cooler and there's far more customization. Ah well, to sum up, this is a straight-up racing game with some destructive elements and some funny minigames. It's nothing amazing, but it's only $30 too. Five CD's is just stupid, by the way. Expand
  2. Patton
    Jul 11, 2006
    If you loved the first flatout, you'll have fun with this sequel. Is fondamental the same game with more tracks, more cars, and speed improvement... I'd call it Flatout 1.5 more than Flatout 2. For all people who don't know the game... Well, it's a fast arcade racing game. Good job with the graphic engine (the game run smoothly also with older pc..), good physic If you loved the first flatout, you'll have fun with this sequel. Is fondamental the same game with more tracks, more cars, and speed improvement... I'd call it Flatout 1.5 more than Flatout 2. For all people who don't know the game... Well, it's a fast arcade racing game. Good job with the graphic engine (the game run smoothly also with older pc..), good physic (it's powered by Havok), decent A.I., and good multiplayer. The fact is that Flatout 2 want to be the Burnout for the PC... And, honestly, the Criterion Game for the consoles remains the KING of the racing arcade games! Expand
  3. SteveB.
    Sep 4, 2006
    The screenshots looked ace but the gameplay is most definately not. Big dissapointment for me!
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    It isn't Burnout 3, but it comes close. Decent sense of speed, decent selection of cars. Destructibility of tracks is pretty awesome, and the track design is very good. Some of the physics are a little wonky but the driving mostly feels good overall. One of the best arcade racers I've ever played, but it just can't beat Burnout.

1. There’s no getting away from the fact that FlatOut 2 is damned good fun, and will bring you back to the days of Destruction Derby and its ilk. However, as much as we appreciate the tweaks – and that’s really all they are – to the first game, there are still a few too many fundamental flaws which bring out a wail of frustration or a tut as you consider how easily certain annoyances could have been avoided.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Where FlatOut felt like racing in a field, FlatOut 2 feels like racing on a film set. It has been reshaped into the archetype, competent arcade racer. [Aug 2006, p.89]
  3. The single-player Career won't take all that long to complete, but with a hugely entertaining multiplayer mode both on and offline, there's a good chance you'll continue playing for a while after.