FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction PC

3.3

1. z0r
    Dec 28, 2011
    It's not flatout, but if you look at the game if it was just a new race game it's actually fun to play. At least I had a good laugh with it! It's over the top, fast, has lots of content and lots of game modes (monster trucks, speed, racing, stunt man, night races (with nice and heavy rain with most games suck in), derby etc.
    Tracks also look nice, not as the flatout standard, but still
    Tracks also look nice, not as the flatout standard, but still enough eye candy to keep you happy.
    All with all I like the game as a nice race game.
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    Okay, where to begin. First of all, i played this game using a 360 gamepad.
    I jumped right into the game and did a couple of normal races. At first, it took me quite some time to get familier with the mechanics(and get used to the amazing amounts of speed), but as soon as i got the knack of it, these races were very enjoyable.
    The graphic style is nice, nothing to extraordinary, but very
    Okay, where to begin. First of all, i played this game using a 360 gamepad.
    The graphic style is nice, nothing to extraordinary, but very acceptable.

Following the couple of races i've done, i decided to check out Stuntman mode. Now this was a real treat. I always enjoyed the stuntman mode of UC, and therefor spent alot of time playing this gamemode. I came to conclude that i enjoyed the stuntman mode more than i did in UC.

Next i checked out the menu again, and was astonished by the amount of gamemodes that they had built in, simply amazing. To write something about every single game mode would simply take me too much time, so i'll say a little something about the other game modes that i enjoyed most while playing.

Offroad is a very nice gamemode, lot's of destruction going on, ramming other cars and total chaos all around you. Some of the cars do feel a little bit "bouncy", but nothing that you won't get used to after playing one or two races.

Speed is a gamemode that literrally involves loads of speed. Yet again, the handling is something that requires some getting used to, but once that is done, this too is a good game mode.

And the last gamemode i'm going to talk about is Big Battle. This is a classic derby mode, with 24 players total going head on and this is the gamemode i enjoyed the most. The mechanics just feel right, the cars feel as though they have weight to them but still manage to pump out loads of speed to ram the other players with maximum velocity.

Overall i very much enjoyed Flatout 3. I do think that the learning curve for the mechanics is a bit too steep for most players that just dive into this game, thinking that it will be as easy as the previous flatout games, but it isn't. It requires some getting used to, but once you do there is an awesome game waiting for you. With loads of customization available in each game mode, varying from different cars, to different car settings and different difficulties. So in short, put some time into getting used to the mechanics and you have yourself a very good racing game, with loads of content to be raced.
  3. Dec 28, 2011
    Great over the top arcade racing game. There are too much realistic racing games these days. Racing, Destruction Derby, Stunts and Monster Trucks missions in one game for a small price, great!. No regrets at all I bought this game. I recommend this game if you like over the top racing games.
  4. Dec 20, 2011
    Good arcade game with nice graphics. Have a lot of fun, almost got all the achievements :-) Only too bad there are not many players online for the Multiplayer.
  5. Dec 20, 2011
    Flatout3 is way better than Flatout 1&2. More cars, 10 different classes! 60 different tracks, so you can create a lot of chaos and destruction. Race any kind of vehicle you want. A london bus, bulldozer, sport cars, monstertrucks or classic cars. Team6 added so much more to this game. You donâ
  6. Dec 20, 2011
    I don't understand all these comments. I played this Flatout this morning but it's not so bad as everybody says. I had a great time while playing this game.
  7. Dec 22, 2011
    I actually really enjoy playing Flat out 3 chaos and destruction, above my expectations. I love that there is so much content in the game. So much modes and cars and I think the game is more challenging because of the higher speed. Also the special cars are just awesome, I mean, how cool is it you can drive around in a london bus! :D
  8. Dec 20, 2011
    Not the sequel I hoped for (after Flatout 1 and 2), but nevertheless after playing a few hours and I controlled the car better is much fun.
    The overall speed is a bit fast but this is not a big problem. I prefer the speed in Flatout 1 and 2 and also the crashes are better in the previous Flatout titles, but hey what do you expect, BugBear rulez!
    The graphics also could be better, but on
    The graphics also could be better, but on my powerful PC system is looks very very nice. In some points even better then the previous Flatout games.
    For 29 Euro is a nice game to have in my Steam collection.
  9. Dec 21, 2011
    I had a blast playing this game, it was good fun and I didn't get bored a single time. Graphics aren't the most important in a game, as long as the gameplay is good. I'm all ready looking forward to the next part, whoohooo :)
  10. Dec 20, 2011
    Flatout 3 is a racing game for the people who enjoy a great amount of speed, over the top action and lots of destruction. So far i'm having a good time with this game.
  11. Dec 19, 2011
    Big like!

I like how they combined all racing games into one big game: from monstertrucks to indy500, from drifters to muscles: it's all in there. The different gamemodes give me great fun and keep me entertained for a long time. Also, i like the speed very much and hope Team6 won't wreck this great game with this fan-based "classic gamemode". If you like FO1 and FO2 better, just get
    Big like!

Also, i like the speed very much and hope Team6 won't wreck this great game with this fan-based "classic gamemode". If you like FO1 and FO2 better, just get back to those and don't complain about FO3 for being different. It's a very good, underestimated racing game!

If you like FO1 and really slow games: Don't buy it.
    If you like racing games in general, this game is a MUST HAVE and is, for me, the best racing game of 2011. Hell, it's the best racing game of the last 15 years for me!
  12. Jan 4, 2012
    I really like this game, even though it's so different from Flatout 2, which I played for a long time. The developers added much contect like race cars and monster trucks, and I really like it that you can also for example race in a normal track with a monstertruck. (or with normal cars in monstertruck tracks, which really makes them easy :) One of the best things is that the developersI really like this game, even though it's so different from Flatout 2, which I played for a long time. The developers added much contect like race cars and monster trucks, and I really like it that you can also for example race in a normal track with a monstertruck. (or with normal cars in monstertruck tracks, which really makes them easy :) One of the best things is that the developers still patch the game, it already has 4 patches by now which fixed most problems and they listen to the community, for example they added more modes like classic mode that makes the cars slower like in flatout 2. Of course there are also things I don't like. One of them is that there is no career mode, instead you have challenge mode. Unfortunately you can't upgrade cars in this mode and I finished the 50 challenges way faster then flatout 2's career mode. Another thing that really sucks is that there is no one in multiplayer.. I really hope that after 4 patches more people will enjoy the game so that I can do multiplayer matches. Oh and I think the opponents are too easy most of the time, especially in speed mode. Expand

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 27, 2012
    Despite to first two enjoyable episodes FlatOut 3 sets out its own way – unfortunately, what a way to a waste container. A.I., driving model, boring races… almost everything is as bad as it gets. [Jan 2012]
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    Avoid this game at all cost! Don't even think about buying this it. FlatOut 3: Chaos and Destruction is pure garbage!
  3. PC Gamer
    Feb 23, 2012
    This is an immense disservice to the Flatout franchise, and one that makes Flatout 2 look like a vehicular ballet. [Apr 2012, p.72]