3.3

1. Dec 20, 2011
    Not better then part 2. But I had some real fun with it. Especially some stunt modes are very hilarious like falling your character on a very long stairway. Hopefully the patch is there soon to get the last issues back on track
  2. Jan 2, 2012
    I tend to disagree with some of the ratings, although I understand the usual disappointment that always occurs when a new game with a familiar title comes out. People, after all, favor a game for those elements that were most appealing to them.

Chaos And Destruction appears to have its main focus put on the other elements of the franchise. If you like stunt, race and battle modes, all together with the element of destruction, then it certainly will not disappoint. Along with a new sense of velocity and lots of cool cars and levels certainly makes it worth the price!
  3. Dec 20, 2011
    This game has a lot of potential, and I read on the message boards that there are some patches coming that will address a lot of the concerns spoken about in these reviews. As is, i am enjoying the game and am generally pleased with my purchase. When the patches are released that will be a bonus!
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    At first, i was shocked. It was so different from FO2:UC, a game i played really a lot on X360. The most obvious difference is that the developers have made FO3 insanely much faster, more difficult, and going over the top with way too extreme destruction and crashes. But since i paid for it, i decided to at least play for one hour. At first, i had a really hard time not shutting the gameAt first, i was shocked. It was so different from FO2:UC, a game i played really a lot on X360. The most obvious difference is that the developers have made FO3 insanely much faster, more difficult, and going over the top with way too extreme destruction and crashes. But since i paid for it, i decided to at least play for one hour. At first, i had a really hard time not shutting the game down. But I kept playing, and after 20 minutes or so i really started to appreciate what the developers have done. I don't know why the developers decided to make it this different, meanwhile part 1 and 2 were so much alike, but i started to really like it.

So i kept playing and playing. One hour became 3-4 hours every day, as from the beginning till now. I still enjoy the game, and find new cool things. The variety of game modes and possibilities remind me of sandbox games. Every week there seems to be a major upgrade of the game, including new stuff to play but also cool new features and bug fixes. I really enjoy the game. There is still room for improvement (more off road maps, better tweaking of the wrecking mode, smoother frame rate, some more effects, some more polishing?) but i really appreciate the developers making the new features like the "classic" mode which switches entirely to FO2:UC physics again, which is fun to play some times, but not all the time.
  5. Apr 28, 2012
    The singleplayer modes are all nicely done and the number of content is enough to keep you busy for a long while. I like the graphics, the cars, most of the tracks and cheer towards the diversity and experiments of new game modes. Despite the many critics, i also love the handling of most of the cars, except for the classics and the bus: It feels much more real than any other racing gameThe singleplayer modes are all nicely done and the number of content is enough to keep you busy for a long while. I like the graphics, the cars, most of the tracks and cheer towards the diversity and experiments of new game modes. Despite the many critics, i also love the handling of most of the cars, except for the classics and the bus: It feels much more real than any other racing game so hooray for the development team for making at least one person happy: me.

Why i don't give it a ten, like most others? FlatOut only gets either ten, or zero? Because only the singleplayer is good, and the multiplay is as bad as the singleplayer is good. The multiplayer mode you can forget: It's poorly programmed by someone who clearly has no idea on how to build a multiplayer game. All functionality or features that you are used to are now removed or planted full of bugs. You want to chat? Does not work. You want to kick someone? Not possible. You want to race? You hit walls you don't see, lag is bad even on lan. Forget multiplay and you have a nice singleplayer game. They should split price in half.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 27, 2012
    Despite to first two enjoyable episodes FlatOut 3 sets out its own way – unfortunately, what a way to a waste container. A.I., driving model, boring races… almost everything is as bad as it gets. [Jan 2012]
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    Avoid this game at all cost! Don't even think about buying this it. FlatOut 3: Chaos and Destruction is pure garbage!
  3. PC Gamer
    Feb 23, 2012
    This is an immense disservice to the Flatout franchise, and one that makes Flatout 2 look like a vehicular ballet. [Apr 2012, p.72]