7.2

1. Mar 24, 2013
    This expansion clearly reeks of "things we left out to get people to buy more stuff from us." and is most likely the reason for the demise of the franchise. Though, ignoring that.. it is a comprehensive and full flight simulator model, even almost a decade later still the best flight simulator out there. Modding support tends to do that.

Assuming your hard drive isn't already packed with community add ons, Acceleration is an absolute must buy for fans of Flight Simulator X.
  2. Flight Simulator X: Acceleration really is a must-buy for fans of the series. For $30 you get a great amount of content, and the improvements to FSX overall make it worth purchasing both Acceleration and the original game if you’ve still been cruising in FS2004.
  3. My bottom line is that the FSX Acceleration expansion pack is worth getting for the improvements to the infrastructure (carrier operations, Reno air racing), but that better add-on airplanes are available elsewhere. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty much how I felt about Flight Simulator X too.