• Publisher: Ankama
  • Release Date: Nov 9, 2012
8.2

1. Nov 12, 2012
    This game is so great it's almost unbelievable. Everything is at the top possible quality - graphics, sound, gameplay, everything is amazing. When you start playing it you will be instantly hypnotized. Visual style is a mix of LocoRoco, Patapon and Flow - detailed backgrounds, fluid animation, amazing particle effects, levels are a vivid mix of rainbow colors resembling dream landscapes.
    Gameplay is suprerior mix of logic puzzles and a old school hardcore platforming actions with a 40+ very large levels can take around 15 hours of gameplay. With tons of secrets and unlockable levels this value can easily be doubled.

This game is masterpiece, a truly marvelous gem which can rarely be seen nowadays on PC platform.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    I bought this game and played it in a single, 6 hour session. It was a difficult one to put down. Wonderful art style, music, game play, variety, pacing... it's a wonderful platformer. I played it with an Xbox controller and everything felt crisp and tight. This $10 provides MUCH more fun than many AAA titles I've purchased recently.
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    I have yet to finish this game, but so far it's blown me away. The graphics and gameplay remind me a little bit or Rayman Origins, except it's a little more involved, with more puzzles and gameplay elements. The music suits the game extremely well. Overall just a great game. One of those rare, refreshing works of art that offers something unique to PC gamers. Please buy this game and support the developers! Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing. It is a beautiful game with a great soundtrack and a really smooth gameplay. It does look cute but it can be quite challenging. An indie game that is 100% worth buying.
  5. Nov 17, 2012
    The visuals are absolutely beautiful, with its smooth animations, vivid environments, and gorgeous detail. Cuteness aside, it can get really challenging, when not downright frustrating. It's not a game that will redefine the genre, but it's a great achievement indeed and, most importantly, it's a lot of fun.
  6. Nov 12, 2012
    Solid 10, great game, id write more, but i think the other 3 10s here pretty much summed it up. If you like platformers,you wont be disapointed. This is the best platformer ive played in years! love it!
  7. Nov 15, 2012
    Great game. It's a "point A to point B" platformer, but with significant gameplay innovations - four characters with different capabilities, two "layers" of world that the player can switch between. Some levels require speedruns, others allow for exploration. Great pacing, fluid controls, excellent music, leaderboards. Nicely tuned difficulty progression, good amount of content. Some Meatboy moments with replaying a certain part, but there are sufficient checkpoints that it's not a problem. It has a certain "je ne sais quoi" in presentation that gives it away as not being a typical safe AAA industry fare -- it allows the player to figure some things on her own, when it comes to both the story and gameplay mechanics. Refreshing quality in this genre. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2013
    This is a must-have for all platform game fans. Gameplay, graphics, music everything is superb. It's beautiful and cute, and above all provides a good challenge.
  9. Aug 10, 2013
    I'm surprised this games hasn't got more attention. It's a platformer that departs sufficiently from the normal run and jump format that it feels fresh.

It has auto-scroller-ish sections, boss battles as well as puzzle and exploration focused levels. You'd think that would mean the game lacks focus or polish but that isn't the case in this instance. Instead it provides a nice chance of
    pace through the game to ensure you don't get bored.

It's certainly challenging but never unfair, has a great aesthetic and a fair amount of quality bonus content for the completionists out there.

Highly recommended
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    I like this game very much even though it doesn't do really anything new, it even "steals" plot from Botanicula ;) Fly'N visuals are stunning, music is beautiful, gameplay is solid and polished. For that price it is a steal, go buy it now. Oh and I definitely recommend a controller, mouse + keyboard seems a bit clunky here.
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    I stumbled upon this a while ago while looking at Steam Greenlight projects. I'm so happy I did because it is phenomenal! The graphics and art direction are gorgeous. Pacing is great, and each of the four Buds is uniquely fun. The platforming and puzzle elements offer great pacing, and the phase shifting just offers more depth. The game is challenging, but never frustrating, and offers a fair share of unlockables in the form of concept art and bonus levels that will keep you playing even after the 6-8 hour main story.

This is simply one of the best indie titles I've ever played. Its excellence far surpassed many larger, more expensive titles.
  12. Jun 30, 2013
    Fly'n is a beautiful game and in this context beautiful is referring to the visuals of the game. No matter how you look at the game and even if you don't like platformers you have to admit that the complete game is looking fantastic.
    The story is told fast: A hairdryer called Dyer is attacking the world trees in order to rob their energy the "Helys". To prevent this the world trees have
    created the buds in order to stop Dyer to pollute the trees even more.
    Fly'n is a platformer and that may be the only reason people could not like this game. You are trying to reach the top of the different trees and fight the specific world boss there. Every world consist of 7 levels plus one boss level 3 bonus level (exception is the last world) so there is a lot to do and the game is gradually getting harder. You have four different buds and every bud has its own special ability. Fly'n can sing and activate the Helys and the revive the inhibitants of Helica, Lyft can stick to any surface, Ywok can form to a ball and bounce around and Nyls can propel himself. And all Buds can jump, double-jump and glide. You can not change the buds freely everywhere, only in the specific checkpoints which is a good thing because you don't have to think too much with whom you have to solve a specific part of the level. Additional to all the abilites the buds can also change between two visions which may make different parts of the level solid.
    As for the difficulty: If you only try to reach the exit it should only need a little bit of patience since you may die as often as you "wish" and you will restart from the last checkpoint. But even than the last level can be quite painful. For those looking for a higher challenge there are different options: You may try to "complete" the levels which means you explore more and collect all the Helys and pollen which are hidden. If you are still not satisfied you can try to play the levels without dying. And for the motivated there are the Leaderboards where you can compare your points to the rest of the playership.

All in all I think I can't recommand this game enough. I bought on the first day and never regretted it. I put more than 100 hours into this game which says a lot. The buds are lovable and each world has a different beautiful design. If you like platformers you have no reason to not buy and play Fly'N.
  13. Apr 18, 2013
    Great gameplay original music, art syle is great, I have no real huge complaints with it. It is a bit challenging but it's not an infuriating game to play at any point.
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    FLY'N is a wonderful game with great looking graphics and also good gameplay. Also the atmosphere in this game is just awesome as well. Rescuing all the little animals and finding all the little secrets also offers a lot of replayability. One of my favourite games!
  15. Jun 9, 2014
    Fly'n is a beautiful adventure game, developed by Ankama. The atmosphere is great, the sound mixes well gameplay and the story is well written. A very good self to discover, its price is relatively reasonable !

1. Feb 21, 2013
    A mechanically solid, visually luxuriant package and one of the strongest results of Steam Greenlight so far.
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Fly'N could have been better if it were a bit bolder and more original.
  3. Jan 6, 2013
    One of the most original and addictive platformers I've ever played. [CD-Action 1/2013, p.46]