• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 1, 2012
6.7

1. Jan 13, 2013
    Not really enough improvement over FM2012 for the money. I do not think I got my money's worth paying this much for the same game with a new face and new bugs, and some of the same old bugs as well. It doesn't play smoothly or feel like much fun. If it were a new game, its OK, but since I already had FM2012, I felt a bit cheated.
  2. Nov 11, 2012
    I didn't mind paying for the game early and expecting a few bugs during the beta, but I now feel I have paid for a product that falls way short of what it claims. The games are all very similar and they actually get extremely tedious to watch due to the poorly executed new 3D match engine.

I think it's a big let down on previous years and SI must be very careful if they don't want to lose customers in future. I feel the match engine wasn't tested nearly enough before beta release. If it had been looked at by any football fan in depth, these errors and bugs would have been ironed out before any of us even had to witness them.

I'm a loyal FM player and have been for years, and I really want to enjoy the game - but right now, unfortunately, it's way off the mark. I would advise anyone considering buying it to wait until at least a few patches have come out that address the poor match engine, because right now it's just too frustrating to enjoy.

SI Games have committed a professional foul this year and not even been booked.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    Always been a fan of Football Manager and I do like the extra additions to the latest version, but the 600 extra features is more of a marketing gimmick than anything. They have added a horrible 2.0 overlay to the game which is absolutely horrible, and makes the game stutter running it with the steam overlay as well. The game itself is fun to play and would still recommend it, but what aAlways been a fan of Football Manager and I do like the extra additions to the latest version, but the 600 extra features is more of a marketing gimmick than anything. They have added a horrible 2.0 overlay to the game which is absolutely horrible, and makes the game stutter running it with the steam overlay as well. The game itself is fun to play and would still recommend it, but what a stupid idea by putting that new overlay on it's annoying. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2012
    Really not as good one as their earlier games according to me. I think- as many other reviewers- that the game is really not a classic anymore. And I really do hate the idea of different "perks" to get around in the game.
  5. Dec 17, 2012
    Game is the dullest in the series, you now NEED to conduct press conferences, team talks and individual player talks to succeed, this involves clicking and reading the same things over & over & over & over.......
    Flawed match engine and generally boring game;From a FM fan since CM93
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    Senza dubbio il più dettagliato ed approfondito simulatore di calcio, e può vantare uno straordinario database in termini di dimensioni e dati disponibili. Preferirei che il prodotto fosse proposto per quello che realmente rappresenta, e cioè un aggiornamento dell'edizione precedente con conseguente adeguamento del prezzo.
  7. Aug 22, 2013
    This has to be the game with the longest and steepest learning curve I have ever played.
    Even now halfway through the Dutch competition season I am searching online every day to fix problems with my team and my own performance as a manager. Whenever I think I have all the problems solved, another crisis appears on the horizon for which I need to find an answer to.
    But despite of making
    But despite of making managing a daunting job, I find myself addicted to running game after game, increasing the capabilities of my team and getting results.
  8. Dec 31, 2012
    FM2013 is still the best Football Management Sim out there but for me personally having played the series since the very first Championship Manager all those years ago I just dont get the same buzz playing it anymore. I think those specifically looking for the features in the game this genre offers will love it but those on the fence will get bored with it.
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    Well were to start, always been a big fan of FM but this years there are problems.
    Im just not enjoying as much as I thought I would of, I bought the game for not only single player but to play online with friends, Online mode is really buggy and slow when you play matches but its fine when your host. Now I done research on this and its happening to a lot of people where you play a game online and it takes around 10mins to complete a match and that's on full speed commentary only, So for me that's 1 thing that's messed it up for me because I was really looking forward to starting a league but really impossible due to the length of the games, it needs to be sorted out
  10. Feb 10, 2013
    I am so disappointed with this last version. Classic mode?!? Yes I was looking for it. I am playing this game and the predecessors at least since 2001 now I think, and clearly I have no more time to spend sleepless nights on it. So I bought it just to try the classic mode and see if I still can have fun with this game spending considerably less time on it. As I tried the FMH 2012 and itI am so disappointed with this last version. Classic mode?!? Yes I was looking for it. I am playing this game and the predecessors at least since 2001 now I think, and clearly I have no more time to spend sleepless nights on it. So I bought it just to try the classic mode and see if I still can have fun with this game spending considerably less time on it. As I tried the FMH 2012 and it was a positive try, I was really motivated with this one, but here the classic mode in FM 2013 sucks... Simply cannot go anywhere and cannot do or achieve anything, and if you want to do so, you have to pay for some cheats. What the... FM is becoming a World of FM... I think this was my last FM. Expand
  11. Mar 7, 2013
    This game humbled me. The sheer depth to this game is truly remarkable. From managing a league down to choosing which foot a player should use or not use. Seriously. The devs managed to capture every single aspect to managing a football team. Yet, the actual matches are fast and fun and aren't burdened by all the management details. Just an all-around fun game. If you have anyThis game humbled me. The sheer depth to this game is truly remarkable. From managing a league down to choosing which foot a player should use or not use. Seriously. The devs managed to capture every single aspect to managing a football team. Yet, the actual matches are fast and fun and aren't burdened by all the management details. Just an all-around fun game. If you have any interest in football or want to learn plus have fun, this is your game. Collapse

Developer SI has delivered the best manager in several aspects of gameplay, introducing new elements, while simultaneously reinstating some classic, loved features from the past. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    The depth and scope of Football Manager 2013 are impressive. I only wish that the developers hadn't taken the 2-in-1 approach where they bundled a traditional version that is in need of polish, with a simplified Football Manager Classic aimed solely at new players. Pleasing old fans while bringing in fresh blood is a very risky balancing act. Sports Interactive should think about where to focus their efforts.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    When you strip away the fluff of the career mode it's one of the deepest, most addictive games around. [Feb 2013, p.67]