• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 1, 2012
6.7

1. Mar 30, 2013
    This game has been a disappointing mess from day one. From it's initial release as a beta masquerading as finished product to the recent update which just broke more things. One shouldn't have to buy unfinished products, and be forced to wait to have it patched into playability, only to have the broken parts of the code shifted to a new place with every patch. THIS GAME IS BROKEN. DO NOT BUY IT.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    Haven't played football manager games since 2000 and before that it was all those fun DOS based FM games... After a long break, I decided to get this. And I was disappointed. I could write a long list of what sucks and what feels out of place and so on.. but to save time (yours and mine) I'll just summarize this in one phrase: "It's
  3. Apr 14, 2013
    Rubbish game don't really get to do much on it except manage what players and subs and transfers and that is about it. There is not really any other features and the layout is not very good. I would reccomend fifa manager 13
  4. Dec 22, 2012
    This game could be fun, if they combined efforts with the "Train Simulator" crew so that I could derail my train and smash it through the wall of the football stadium, killing the thick-headed footballers and their fans alike.
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    Wow, the match engine feels terrible, really really bad. I'm pretty sure the last game wasn't like this. The matches now just doesn't feel real anymore, the AI seems to have taken a turn for the dumb. No more marking (or 5 players all running towards the ball, leaving everyone else open), if someone over runs a ball they don't seem to tackle, everyone shooting from miles away, crazy!
  6. May 27, 2013
    It's just not football... and that's the problem really. While there's no doubting the addictive quality of FM does that mean a good game? Not really and while the game is packed with content, gameplay wise it's very poor.

If you're a serious football fan you'll find the tactical system terribly disappointing. You have a very basic tactics board one shape, for attacking and defending
    and then a bunch of numberless sliders that are supposed to represent tactical instructions, hardly realistic or intuitive. The mentality slider, for example, (easily the most important) governs a players positioning on the pitch, on attack and defense but also affects how he passes the ball. As you might imagine it's almost impossible to recreate realistic tactics and anyone who knows a bit about football and the various systems that influence the game will feel horribly let down.

The developers have been pushing the same old engine and system each year, adding enough gloss to pass as "user friendly features" so unsurprisingly the gameplay never seems to improve. The game's training system is equally as ludricous, drag yet more sliders up and down to apparently represent a professional club's training regime. The game is a bit of a joke to be honest but it has a rabid and zealous fanbase who put lots of hours into providing free content which is really well made and they're all completely addicted which may explain why the game gets generally favourable reviews from the media but they're not to be trusted. I know football and I've played this game in-depth. Please don't waste your money.

It's a shame really but unfortunately there just isn't a decent football management sim out there. If there were developers out there ambitious enough to have a go they could easily knock SI games off their perch but they should at the very least study football, see how the tactics and training methods work and then try to recreate that in a simple, fun manner something S.I. games fail miserably at.
  7. Jun 20, 2013
    Terrible Match Engine. Prone of Mistakes is Unforgiven, Horrible.
    FM12 is Better than this.
    Where's the detailed of training schedule?
    Where's the Match Engine in FM12?
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    By far the worst game by the FM series. don't recommend anyone to buy this. Horrible match engine! The training is also completely garbage in the same level of AI. Hope they realize this, I really don't understand a lot of the reviews of people talking good about this game. Not even deserve one star.
  9. Nov 12, 2012
    I have been a fan of the Football Manager series ever since the days of Championship Manager. I have never had any problems with it and have always invested alot of time into each game. This time however it simply feels broken, too many goals at the near post, too many goals from long shots, poor goalkeepers, invincible wingers all of this adds up to an unenjoyable experience. When your on the right side of a 4-0 drubbing with 4 goals all beating a top keeper at the near post it feels hollow, when your on the wrong side you could launch your laptop through a wall. Not an experience you want from a game, FM2012 was far better than this, it may change with patches etc..i'll put the game on in a few months to check, until then a waste of money. Collapse
  10. Nov 28, 2012
    I didn't play the full game, only played the demo and think that was a good decision. I was really anxious to see the improvements SI had promised because FM 2012 needed some. When I saw it at Steam with a not so cheap price, still wanted to buy it because it's my favourite game. And as a fan, I'm deeply disappointed to see: - The match engine became even worse; - The "improvements" in the graphics field, only caused some features to disappear and others to be hidden in places you take hours to find;
    - The AI teams continue to be favourites for any transfer, regardless if you play with Barcelona or a Brazilian Fourth Division team. Doesn't matter the salary or budgets paid, in 90% of the transfers the AI challenges you, they'll win.
    - During the matches, the same problems with FM 2012 continue to make us want to give up of the series. Your players almost NEVER get a shoot on target, even with players having full attributes. While the AI teams with players having awful attributes, make one goal with every shoot form distance, regardless who is your keeper.

Resuming: I won't pay that much to play the same FM 2012 with a new decoration. If you're a fan and still didn't play it, don't buy the game,try the demo and see by yourself if you want to pay to play that thing.
    Sorry for my English, I did my better.
  11. Dec 1, 2012
    The game is broken, and you can pay to cheat. Football Manager is dead.
  12. Jan 28, 2013
    Just a terrible training mode ruining the possibility of developing your players in a away you want to do it. Match in 3D view looks only a bit better than in FM 2012 but...poor match engine is the second and probably the biggest weakness of this edition, even if they will fix it completely in 999 patch i still won't play it because of messed up training. I bought few weeks ago and i've already sold it for 70% of it price, still a very good deal for anyone who paid SI full price for FM2013 :] Expand
  13. Mar 6, 2013
    Graphics a little juvenile but seems ok. I didn't like that you can buy cheats. This cheapened the game. It also bothered me with the level the game developer goes to "get in" to my computer to display stats of the battery and processor usage and posts it on the game display. I thought this was unnecessary and redundant, since my PC already provides this information. I think its arrogant and I prefer you STAY OUT OF MY COMPUTER!! Getting started just to "look under the hood" requires an hour of game setup and way too tedious. Not the best "Soccer" version. Expand
  14. Apr 3, 2013
    Been playing FM-series for many years now, but this is just horrible. I'm paying players millions a year, but they're making mistakes I can see junior players never make. The mistakes made by the players are so horrible that I've been pulling out half of my hair, and I'm only halfway through my second season! The game just seem broken and half done. Refund please.
  15. Apr 22, 2013
    prefer Fm 2012 fm 2013 * LOw Quality of game(during the game the player working like in NCL very POOr! * irreal velocity * good for training * booring for the irreal price the conclusion is if that fm 2012 is a game of 5 stars fm 2013 is a game of 2 is not good for the price of this year please working hard for the next! veramente una delusione .....vedere pattinare sul ghiaccio i giocatori e' irritante...come tutta la grafica. Expand
  16. May 9, 2013
    I don't know how people are giving positive feedbacks for this game. FM2013 is the worst FM series that's been out so far. I have been playing this game since 2009 and i cant believe they messed up so hard this year. 3D engine looks like players are playing soccer on ice. 2012 was soooooo good and how can you guys ruin like this??? Don't purchase this piece of and stick with your FM2012 or wait for FM2014. Additionaly, FM2012 is the best. Expand
  17. Jun 28, 2013
    Save your money. The match engine is bogus and its like playing a random number generator. Anything you do really doesn't seem to make a difference. Wait for 1-2 years until they fix the match engine.
  18. Aug 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. worst football manager ever! bugs everywhere, you cant play multiplayer and when you are making meeting with your team they dosnt get bether moral even if they agree with you. and player 2 cant see the players 2. position. i bought many bad games but this is the worst because it has so many bugs that it destroys the game totaly!!!! i liked 2012 but this was a mistake from them and they dont fix anything! Expand
  19. Nov 12, 2012

Developer SI has delivered the best manager in several aspects of gameplay, introducing new elements, while simultaneously reinstating some classic, loved features from the past. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    The depth and scope of Football Manager 2013 are impressive. I only wish that the developers hadn't taken the 2-in-1 approach where they bundled a traditional version that is in need of polish, with a simplified Football Manager Classic aimed solely at new players. Pleasing old fans while bringing in fresh blood is a very risky balancing act. Sports Interactive should think about where to focus their efforts.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    When you strip away the fluff of the career mode it's one of the deepest, most addictive games around. [Feb 2013, p.67]