• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 1, 2012
6.6

1. May 21, 2013
    Who ever reads this you have to understand two things about me. 1: I have spent, many many many meticulous hours on this game and all of the other football managers. In fact clocking up 1000's of hours on each FM series. 2: I am a qualified football coach, with a FA coaching level 2. From what experience I have managing football, I have to say that this game is the closest thing you'll getWho ever reads this you have to understand two things about me. 1: I have spent, many many many meticulous hours on this game and all of the other football managers. In fact clocking up 1000's of hours on each FM series. 2: I am a qualified football coach, with a FA coaching level 2. From what experience I have managing football, I have to say that this game is the closest thing you'll get to managing a team. Yes, there are a few things that need slightly improving but I believe that this game is the closest footballing experience you can ever possibly have without doing the real thing. The game is absolutely endless, the vastness and depth that they add to every year is beyond anything I've ever seen in gaming or indeed simulation. The game wont win awards for graphics or sound or game play, but it will win awards for being an absolutely incredible experience. Play this game, no matter who you are your interest and knowledge of football will increase because of it and you'll see football in general in a different light. You just know that this series will keep getting better and better. 10/10 from me. Expand
  2. Aug 31, 2013
    The best manager I've ever played a game. I can only write about good things that are good for innovation. Classes can bind to the machine off. I look forward to the next part.
  3. Oct 2, 2014
    This game is bad!!!Ive played the series since FM08, so i know how this game SHOULD work!Ive played FM2012 for years now and bought FM2013 and 2014 when they come out.FM2013 was so bad back than, i didnt played enough back than to review this **** .No FM2012 got some bugs cause it runs since it came out.Ive fought i give DM2013 a retry with the newest patch and 2014 isnt an option cause itThis game is bad!!!Ive played the series since FM08, so i know how this game SHOULD work!Ive played FM2012 for years now and bought FM2013 and 2014 when they come out.FM2013 was so bad back than, i didnt played enough back than to review this **** .No FM2012 got some bugs cause it runs since it came out.Ive fought i give DM2013 a retry with the newest patch and 2014 isnt an option cause it suckz completely.FM 2012 was the best football related manager ever created in my opinion.The matchengine was a bit flawed here and there but all in all you could play with your own strategy and only the players you got are the limiting factor.In FM2013 the matchengine or the AI are the limiting factor.The players are unable to pass the ball around properly.Even the best players on this planet will screw up constantly.There are some improvements to 2012, true.The player can shield and stop the ball properly.In 2012 many ball where just cleared with a longshot to the center or your defenders produced throw-ins for you opponent.This is mostly gone.Instead SI screwed up EVERYTHING else.The passing is bad as i stated earlier.The crosses are soooo bad, the fly mostly out of the arena.And too much in the match is just random.There is no steady stream of passing, nearly no great plays.It boils down to overpowered winger and strangely goalkeepers.Sometimes a no-name GK will save EVERYTHING, even the hardest and best placed shots.But suddenly, he screws up when one of the bad crosses hits its target.Or your defenders are too passive when they play against a dribbler.Dribbler, they were too strong in 2014, now i see where this comes from.Ive played a halfe season in england and most of my goals where scorred by my wingers with dribbling.And most goals were not earned.I lost my best games 4:0 and won my worst games with 3 goals.This is random, sorry.Like i said, im not new to the series, im no noob.Ive won countless titles in every FM since FM08.But here?It never feels right.You win undeserved, this suckz.You lose undeserved, that suckz.This is part of real football, no question, but not like this and not constantly.Dont buy this game.Dont buy FM2014, its even worse.And pls, dont preorder FM2015.SI says **** you" to the consume since 2 years.Bad company. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2013
    This game has been a disappointing mess from day one. From it's initial release as a beta masquerading as finished product to the recent update which just broke more things. One shouldn't have to buy unfinished products, and be forced to wait to have it patched into playability, only to have the broken parts of the code shifted to a new place with every patch. THIS GAME IS BROKEN. DO NOT BUY IT.
  5. Sep 16, 2013
    Having the previous Football Manager I find that it's really unnecessary to buy newer version since the changes are so minor and unnoticeable. However I still think that it's a great game, and if you lack a FM game then it's a good bet to buy it because of it's unbelievable complexity and strategy.
  6. Feb 22, 2013
    Really better than 2012, The gameplay is way more modern and it fills the gap that led the predecessors to unconsistency. I really liked all the new features of the game, that to me give a really better managing experience.
  7. Nov 10, 2012
    Really not as good one as their earlier games according to me. I think- as many other reviewers- that the game is really not a classic anymore. And I really do hate the idea of different "perks" to get around in the game.
  8. Feb 13, 2013
    I blew 232 hours on this bad boy after about a month and a half. If I can spend that much time absorbed in a game, it has to be top quality, it is. One thing, you need to go to various fan sites to download decent skins, logos, faces, and various misc stuff to make it look good. Out of the box, it's not ready.
  9. Aug 22, 2013
    This has to be the game with the longest and steepest learning curve I have ever played.
    Even now halfway through the Dutch competition season I am searching online every day to fix problems with my team and my own performance as a manager. Whenever I think I have all the problems solved, another crisis appears on the horizon for which I need to find an answer to.
    But despite of making
    But despite of making managing a daunting job, I find myself addicted to running game after game, increasing the capabilities of my team and getting results.
  10. Jul 13, 2013
    Haven't played football manager games since 2000 and before that it was all those fun DOS based FM games... After a long break, I decided to get this. And I was disappointed. I could write a long list of what sucks and what feels out of place and so on.. but to save time (yours and mine) I'll just summarize this in one phrase: "It's
  11. Nov 26, 2012
    Always been a fan of Football Manager and I do like the extra additions to the latest version, but the 600 extra features is more of a marketing gimmick than anything. They have added a horrible 2.0 overlay to the game which is absolutely horrible, and makes the game stutter running it with the steam overlay as well. The game itself is fun to play and would still recommend it, but what aAlways been a fan of Football Manager and I do like the extra additions to the latest version, but the 600 extra features is more of a marketing gimmick than anything. They have added a horrible 2.0 overlay to the game which is absolutely horrible, and makes the game stutter running it with the steam overlay as well. The game itself is fun to play and would still recommend it, but what a stupid idea by putting that new overlay on it's annoying. Expand
  12. Apr 14, 2013
    Rubbish game don't really get to do much on it except manage what players and subs and transfers and that is about it. There is not really any other features and the layout is not very good. I would reccomend fifa manager 13
  13. Mar 7, 2013
    This game humbled me. The sheer depth to this game is truly remarkable. From managing a league down to choosing which foot a player should use or not use. Seriously. The devs managed to capture every single aspect to managing a football team. Yet, the actual matches are fast and fun and aren't burdened by all the management details. Just an all-around fun game. If you have anyThis game humbled me. The sheer depth to this game is truly remarkable. From managing a league down to choosing which foot a player should use or not use. Seriously. The devs managed to capture every single aspect to managing a football team. Yet, the actual matches are fast and fun and aren't burdened by all the management details. Just an all-around fun game. If you have any interest in football or want to learn plus have fun, this is your game. Expand
  14. Jan 25, 2013
    I don't see how anyone who really loves football can give this anything less than a 10. The hours I've spent on this are countless and I still go back for more. Sure it has the occasional annoying AI issues but you can overlook that...sometimes players in RL do stupid things too. The UI Is not as good I'll say that much but with skins being made for it by users you can tweak the game andI don't see how anyone who really loves football can give this anything less than a 10. The hours I've spent on this are countless and I still go back for more. Sure it has the occasional annoying AI issues but you can overlook that...sometimes players in RL do stupid things too. The UI Is not as good I'll say that much but with skins being made for it by users you can tweak the game and its database giving it more of a person touch. Stupidly addictive and a lot of fun. Expand
  15. Dec 22, 2012
    This game could be fun, if they combined efforts with the "Train Simulator" crew so that I could derail my train and smash it through the wall of the football stadium, killing the thick-headed footballers and their fans alike.
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    Wow, the match engine feels terrible, really really bad. I'm pretty sure the last game wasn't like this. The matches now just doesn't feel real anymore, the AI seems to have taken a turn for the dumb. No more marking (or 5 players all running towards the ball, leaving everyone else open), if someone over runs a ball they don't seem to tackle, everyone shooting from miles away, crazy!
  17. Nov 5, 2012
    This game is not quite a classic, but it's competently done. I feel the AI has taken a small stepbackwards compared to the previous version, but other facets of the game have been executed competently.
  18. Nov 11, 2012
    I didn't mind paying for the game early and expecting a few bugs during the beta, but I now feel I have paid for a product that falls way short of what it claims. The games are all very similar and they actually get extremely tedious to watch due to the poorly executed new 3D match engine.

I think it's a big let down on previous years and SI must be very careful if they don't want to lose customers in future. I feel the match engine wasn't tested nearly enough before beta release. If it had been looked at by any football fan in depth, these errors and bugs would have been ironed out before any of us even had to witness them.

I'm a loyal FM player and have been for years, and I really want to enjoy the game - but right now, unfortunately, it's way off the mark. I would advise anyone considering buying it to wait until at least a few patches have come out that address the poor match engine, because right now it's just too frustrating to enjoy.

SI Games have committed a professional foul this year and not even been booked.
  19. Mar 14, 2013
    Very complex, yet very addictive single player. You can manage in almost every league on the world, from Premiership to Sudan Premier League. Find best youngsters and develop them to make them successors of current generation. Prepare to be mad a lot when your top striker will get injured on training, or you'll lose a goal in 94th minute of playoff game, but be overjoyed when it'll be yourVery complex, yet very addictive single player. You can manage in almost every league on the world, from Premiership to Sudan Premier League. Find best youngsters and develop them to make them successors of current generation. Prepare to be mad a lot when your top striker will get injured on training, or you'll lose a goal in 94th minute of playoff game, but be overjoyed when it'll be your team scoring winner in stoppage time, or when you'll be drawn to weakest group in Champions League. Multiplayer adds way more emotions when human players play against each other. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2013
    Brilliant simply Brilliant... This game may have been the single reason that i failed my GCSE Business studies. I took me a good 8 months to get bored with this game. this game had me fall inlove with the franchise and i look back at it as the most addictive game i have ever played.
  21. Dec 31, 2012
    FM2013 is still the best Football Management Sim out there but for me personally having played the series since the very first Championship Manager all those years ago I just dont get the same buzz playing it anymore. I think those specifically looking for the features in the game this genre offers will love it but those on the fence will get bored with it.
  22. Jan 13, 2013
    Not really enough improvement over FM2012 for the money. I do not think I got my money's worth paying this much for the same game with a new face and new bugs, and some of the same old bugs as well. It doesn't play smoothly or feel like much fun. If it were a new game, its OK, but since I already had FM2012, I felt a bit cheated.
  23. Jan 28, 2013
    Just a terrible training mode ruining the possibility of developing your players in a away you want to do it. Match in 3D view looks only a bit better than in FM 2012 but...poor match engine is the second and probably the biggest weakness of this edition, even if they will fix it completely in 999 patch i still won't play it because of messed up training. I bought few weeks ago and i'veJust a terrible training mode ruining the possibility of developing your players in a away you want to do it. Match in 3D view looks only a bit better than in FM 2012 but...poor match engine is the second and probably the biggest weakness of this edition, even if they will fix it completely in 999 patch i still won't play it because of messed up training. I bought few weeks ago and i've already sold it for 70% of it price, still a very good deal for anyone who paid SI full price for FM2013 :] Expand
  24. Feb 10, 2013
    I am so disappointed with this last version. Classic mode?!? Yes I was looking for it. I am playing this game and the predecessors at least since 2001 now I think, and clearly I have no more time to spend sleepless nights on it. So I bought it just to try the classic mode and see if I still can have fun with this game spending considerably less time on it. As I tried the FMH 2012 and itI am so disappointed with this last version. Classic mode?!? Yes I was looking for it. I am playing this game and the predecessors at least since 2001 now I think, and clearly I have no more time to spend sleepless nights on it. So I bought it just to try the classic mode and see if I still can have fun with this game spending considerably less time on it. As I tried the FMH 2012 and it was a positive try, I was really motivated with this one, but here the classic mode in FM 2013 sucks... Simply cannot go anywhere and cannot do or achieve anything, and if you want to do so, you have to pay for some cheats. What the... FM is becoming a World of FM... I think this was my last FM. Expand
  25. Apr 7, 2013
    Senza dubbio il più dettagliato ed approfondito simulatore di calcio, e può vantare uno straordinario database in termini di dimensioni e dati disponibili. Preferirei che il prodotto fosse proposto per quello che realmente rappresenta, e cioè un aggiornamento dell'edizione precedente con conseguente adeguamento del prezzo.
  26. May 27, 2013
    It's just not football... and that's the problem really. While there's no doubting the addictive quality of FM does that mean a good game? Not really and while the game is packed with content, gameplay wise it's very poor.

If you're a serious football fan you'll find the tactical system terribly disappointing. You have a very basic tactics board one shape, for attacking and defending and then a bunch of numberless sliders that are supposed to represent tactical instructions, hardly realistic or intuitive. The mentality slider, for example, (easily the most important) governs a players positioning on the pitch, on attack and defense but also affects how he passes the ball. As you might imagine it's almost impossible to recreate realistic tactics and anyone who knows a bit about football and the various systems that influence the game will feel horribly let down.

The developers have been pushing the same old engine and system each year, adding enough gloss to pass as "user friendly features" so unsurprisingly the gameplay never seems to improve. The game's training system is equally as ludricous, drag yet more sliders up and down to apparently represent a professional club's training regime. The game is a bit of a joke to be honest but it has a rabid and zealous fanbase who put lots of hours into providing free content which is really well made and they're all completely addicted which may explain why the game gets generally favourable reviews from the media but they're not to be trusted. I know football and I've played this game in-depth. Please don't waste your money.

It's a shame really but unfortunately there just isn't a decent football management sim out there. If there were developers out there ambitious enough to have a go they could easily knock SI games off their perch but they should at the very least study football, see how the tactics and training methods work and then try to recreate that in a simple, fun manner something S.I. games fail miserably at.
  27. Nov 11, 2012
    After a long time playing F.I.F.A. and PES i found the most good Football game that ever be made.
    This Game has everything you want as an Football Fan.
    I give it an 10 ^_^
  28. Nov 4, 2012
    Great game with a better simulation. Great interface, large database. There new mode: Classic mode is terrific. I lost track in spending so much time in maintaining the team, therefore I was hesitating to buy FM2013.
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    Well were to start, always been a big fan of FM but this years there are problems.
    Im just not enjoying as much as I thought I would of, I bought the game for not only single player but to play online with friends, Online mode is really buggy and slow when you play matches but its fine when your host. Now I done research on this and its happening to a lot of people where you play a game online and it takes around 10mins to complete a match and that's on full speed commentary only, So for me that's 1 thing that's messed it up for me because I was really looking forward to starting a league but really impossible due to the length of the games, it needs to be sorted out
  30. May 20, 2013
    football manager 2013 is awesome the best yet dont now what people are hating on this game for wake up if u dont like dont play it simples it piss me of when people slag of a game ill like to see u do better

Developer SI has delivered the best manager in several aspects of gameplay, introducing new elements, while simultaneously reinstating some classic, loved features from the past. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    The depth and scope of Football Manager 2013 are impressive. I only wish that the developers hadn't taken the 2-in-1 approach where they bundled a traditional version that is in need of polish, with a simplified Football Manager Classic aimed solely at new players. Pleasing old fans while bringing in fresh blood is a very risky balancing act. Sports Interactive should think about where to focus their efforts.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    When you strip away the fluff of the career mode it's one of the deepest, most addictive games around. [Feb 2013, p.67]