• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 1, 2012
6.7

1. Nov 11, 2012
    After a long time playing F.I.F.A. and PES i found the most good Football game that ever be made.
    This Game has everything you want as an Football Fan.
    I give it an 10 ^_^
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    I bought this game wondering how they could improve an already stellar experience, but they managed it. The AI of the players when watching the 3D match engine for me is the best improvment. It really feels like a proper game of football.
    Adding the FM Classic mode, whilst I prefer the standard game, is a nice addition to the series. Not everyone has the time or patience to play the full
    game, so a scaled down version will suit a lot of people. I would like to add aswell that the "micro transactions" only apply to this mode. People moaning about this need to realise that the main game is NOT affected by this addition. I personally don't see this an an issue, it's not hard to find a downloadable data editor which many people use anyway so if people want to cheat, then they will. Micro transactions are the future of gaming whether we like them or not, so it doesn't surprise or bother me that they're included. The simple thing to do if you don't like the idea of paying them is...Not to pay them. Simple. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2013
    I don't see how anyone who really loves football can give this anything less than a 10. The hours I've spent on this are countless and I still go back for more. Sure it has the occasional annoying AI issues but you can overlook that...sometimes players in RL do stupid things too. The UI Is not as good I'll say that much but with skins being made for it by users you can tweak the game and its database giving it more of a person touch. Stupidly addictive and a lot of fun. Expand
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    I blew 232 hours on this bad boy after about a month and a half. If I can spend that much time absorbed in a game, it has to be top quality, it is. One thing, you need to go to various fan sites to download decent skins, logos, faces, and various misc stuff to make it look good. Out of the box, it's not ready.
  5. May 21, 2013
    Who ever reads this you have to understand two things about me. 1: I have spent, many many many meticulous hours on this game and all of the other football managers. In fact clocking up 1000's of hours on each FM series. 2: I am a qualified football coach, with a FA coaching level 2. From what experience I have managing football, I have to say that this game is the closest thing you'll get to managing a team. Yes, there are a few things that need slightly improving but I believe that this game is the closest footballing experience you can ever possibly have without doing the real thing. The game is absolutely endless, the vastness and depth that they add to every year is beyond anything I've ever seen in gaming or indeed simulation. The game wont win awards for graphics or sound or game play, but it will win awards for being an absolutely incredible experience. Play this game, no matter who you are your interest and knowledge of football will increase because of it and you'll see football in general in a different light. You just know that this series will keep getting better and better. 10/10 from me. Expand
  6. Jul 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Football Manager 2011+12 was really easy.. 2013 is more challenging, and really improved, 10/10,
    My most played game on steam.

The new training system is great and easy to work with.
    The gameplay is wonderful.
    The sound.. meh, they could make the fans more realistic (example: Lords of Football) but it's okay..
    The graphics are really improved from FM12.

Fantastic game, 10 out of 10.
  7. Aug 19, 2013
    great upgrades in comparison with FM12 nice gameplay excellent 3D match engine transfers are more realistic .I saw some really infair critics that they ruin FM13 metascore.... dont buy it if you dont know how to play people
  8. Dec 13, 2013
    Brilliant simply Brilliant... This game may have been the single reason that i failed my GCSE Business studies. I took me a good 8 months to get bored with this game. this game had me fall inlove with the franchise and i look back at it as the most addictive game i have ever played.
  9. Mar 7, 2013
    This game humbled me. The sheer depth to this game is truly remarkable. From managing a league down to choosing which foot a player should use or not use. Seriously. The devs managed to capture every single aspect to managing a football team. Yet, the actual matches are fast and fun and aren't burdened by all the management details. Just an all-around fun game. If you have any interest in football or want to learn plus have fun, this is your game. Expand
  10. Nov 4, 2012
    Great game with a better simulation. Great interface, large database. There new mode: Classic mode is terrific. I lost track in spending so much time in maintaining the team, therefore I was hesitating to buy FM2013.
  11. Mar 14, 2013
    Very complex, yet very addictive single player. You can manage in almost every league on the world, from Premiership to Sudan Premier League. Find best youngsters and develop them to make them successors of current generation. Prepare to be mad a lot when your top striker will get injured on training, or you'll lose a goal in 94th minute of playoff game, but be overjoyed when it'll be your team scoring winner in stoppage time, or when you'll be drawn to weakest group in Champions League. Multiplayer adds way more emotions when human players play against each other. Expand
  12. May 20, 2013
    football manager 2013 is awesome the best yet dont now what people are hating on this game for wake up if u dont like dont play it simples it piss me of when people slag of a game ill like to see u do better
  13. Jul 16, 2013
    This is not as easy as previous parts,here we've got huge problems with the tactics.
    Even playing RM or PSG,MC it will be difficult to achieve your goals without primary tactic
    I used to play for Fiorentina,every single season I had to add something new in formation or i change the tactic at all.
    And FINANCE. Is that corruption in that game?money always waste from my budget(no debts,no
    transfer points). And it wasn't only Fiorentina's career
    But still it is a good game,I am a fan of it from FM 08, each year it gets more and more difficult.
  14. Aug 31, 2013
    The best manager I've ever played a game. I can only write about good things that are good for innovation. Classes can bind to the machine off. I look forward to the next part.
  15. Feb 22, 2013
    Really better than 2012, The gameplay is way more modern and it fills the gap that led the predecessors to unconsistency. I really liked all the new features of the game, that to me give a really better managing experience.
  16. Nov 5, 2012
    This game is not quite a classic, but it's competently done. I feel the AI has taken a small stepbackwards compared to the previous version, but other facets of the game have been executed competently.
  17. Jul 24, 2013
    I usually buy the newest Football Manager every year. This year it as always is better than the previous one AI is much better. Good 3D match. Really better than 2012.
  18. Sep 16, 2013
    Having the previous Football Manager I find that it's really unnecessary to buy newer version since the changes are so minor and unnoticeable. However I still think that it's a great game, and if you lack a FM game then it's a good bet to buy it because of it's unbelievable complexity and strategy.
  19. Nov 10, 2012
    Really not as good one as their earlier games according to me. I think- as many other reviewers- that the game is really not a classic anymore. And I really do hate the idea of different "perks" to get around in the game.
  20. Dec 31, 2012
    FM2013 is still the best Football Management Sim out there but for me personally having played the series since the very first Championship Manager all those years ago I just dont get the same buzz playing it anymore. I think those specifically looking for the features in the game this genre offers will love it but those on the fence will get bored with it.
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    This has to be the game with the longest and steepest learning curve I have ever played.
    Even now halfway through the Dutch competition season I am searching online every day to fix problems with my team and my own performance as a manager. Whenever I think I have all the problems solved, another crisis appears on the horizon for which I need to find an answer to.
    But despite of making
    managing a daunting job, I find myself addicted to running game after game, increasing the capabilities of my team and getting results. Expand
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    Always been a fan of Football Manager and I do like the extra additions to the latest version, but the 600 extra features is more of a marketing gimmick than anything. They have added a horrible 2.0 overlay to the game which is absolutely horrible, and makes the game stutter running it with the steam overlay as well. The game itself is fun to play and would still recommend it, but what a stupid idea by putting that new overlay on it's annoying. Expand
  23. Nov 11, 2012
    I didn't mind paying for the game early and expecting a few bugs during the beta, but I now feel I have paid for a product that falls way short of what it claims. The games are all very similar and they actually get extremely tedious to watch due to the poorly executed new 3D match engine.

I think it's a big let down on previous years and SI must be very careful if they don't want to
    lose customers in future. I feel the match engine wasn't tested nearly enough before beta release. If it had been looked at by any football fan in depth, these errors and bugs would have been ironed out before any of us even had to witness them.

I'm a loyal FM player and have been for years, and I really want to enjoy the game - but right now, unfortunately, it's way off the mark. I would advise anyone considering buying it to wait until at least a few patches have come out that address the poor match engine, because right now it's just too frustrating to enjoy.

SI Games have committed a professional foul this year and not even been booked.
  24. Jan 6, 2013
    Well were to start, always been a big fan of FM but this years there are problems.
    Im just not enjoying as much as I thought I would of, I bought the game for not only single player but to play online with friends, Online mode is really buggy and slow when you play matches but its fine when your host. Now I done research on this and its happening to a lot of people where you play a game
    online and it takes around 10mins to complete a match and that's on full speed commentary only, So for me that's 1 thing that's messed it up for me because I was really looking forward to starting a league but really impossible due to the length of the games, it needs to be sorted out Expand
  25. Dec 17, 2012
    Game is the dullest in the series, you now NEED to conduct press conferences, team talks and individual player talks to succeed, this involves clicking and reading the same things over & over & over & over.......
    Flawed match engine and generally boring game;From a FM fan since CM93
  26. Jan 13, 2013
    Not really enough improvement over FM2012 for the money. I do not think I got my money's worth paying this much for the same game with a new face and new bugs, and some of the same old bugs as well. It doesn't play smoothly or feel like much fun. If it were a new game, its OK, but since I already had FM2012, I felt a bit cheated.
  27. Feb 10, 2013
    I am so disappointed with this last version. Classic mode?!? Yes I was looking for it. I am playing this game and the predecessors at least since 2001 now I think, and clearly I have no more time to spend sleepless nights on it. So I bought it just to try the classic mode and see if I still can have fun with this game spending considerably less time on it. As I tried the FMH 2012 and it was a positive try, I was really motivated with this one, but here the classic mode in FM 2013 sucks... Simply cannot go anywhere and cannot do or achieve anything, and if you want to do so, you have to pay for some cheats. What the... FM is becoming a World of FM... I think this was my last FM. Expand
  28. Apr 7, 2013
    Senza dubbio il più dettagliato ed approfondito simulatore di calcio, e può vantare uno straordinario database in termini di dimensioni e dati disponibili. Preferirei che il prodotto fosse proposto per quello che realmente rappresenta, e cioè un aggiornamento dell'edizione precedente con conseguente adeguamento del prezzo.
  29. Nov 28, 2012
    I didn't play the full game, only played the demo and think that was a good decision. I was really anxious to see the improvements SI had promised because FM 2012 needed some. When I saw it at Steam with a not so cheap price, still wanted to buy it because it's my favourite game. And as a fan, I'm deeply disappointed to see: - The match engine became even worse; - The "improvements" in the graphics field, only caused some features to disappear and others to be hidden in places you take hours to find;
    - The AI teams continue to be favourites for any transfer, regardless if you play with Barcelona or a Brazilian Fourth Division team. Doesn't matter the salary or budgets paid, in 90% of the transfers the AI challenges you, they'll win.
    - During the matches, the same problems with FM 2012 continue to make us want to give up of the series. Your players almost NEVER get a shoot on target, even with players having full attributes. While the AI teams with players having awful attributes, make one goal with every shoot form distance, regardless who is your keeper.

Resuming: I won't pay that much to play the same FM 2012 with a new decoration. If you're a fan and still didn't play it, don't buy the game,try the demo and see by yourself if you want to pay to play that thing.
    Sorry for my English, I did my better.
  30. Apr 22, 2013
    prefer Fm 2012 fm 2013 * LOw Quality of game(during the game the player working like in NCL very POOr! * irreal velocity * good for training * booring for the irreal price the conclusion is if that fm 2012 is a game of 5 stars fm 2013 is a game of 2 is not good for the price of this year please working hard for the next! veramente una delusione .....vedere pattinare sul ghiaccio i giocatori e' irritante...come tutta la grafica. Expand

Developer SI has delivered the best manager in several aspects of gameplay, introducing new elements, while simultaneously reinstating some classic, loved features from the past. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    The depth and scope of Football Manager 2013 are impressive. I only wish that the developers hadn't taken the 2-in-1 approach where they bundled a traditional version that is in need of polish, with a simplified Football Manager Classic aimed solely at new players. Pleasing old fans while bringing in fresh blood is a very risky balancing act. Sports Interactive should think about where to focus their efforts.
  3. Jan 24, 2013
    When you strip away the fluff of the career mode it's one of the deepest, most addictive games around. [Feb 2013, p.67]