• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jan 23, 2009
2.7

1. Oct 27, 2010
    Football Manager Live is a concept so different and re-imagined from the standard offline equivalent that many users probably won't be able to enjoy it in the same way. What this means though is that there is an entirely new game to love and you can quite easily lose hours, days, weeks and months of your life striving to bring through the youth that will turn your local pub team into one of the best in the gameworld. You play in parrallel with users from around the world, having real life time frames in which to complete a game although you can play them in any order as long as the user is online. You can set your club up in so many different combinations that there is always something new to try, whether you put all your eggs in one basket and build a solid team with one superstar or whether you decide to hedge your bets and take on a team of seasoned pro's with good starting ability in order to build your reputation steadily. There have been a great number of changes since I started playing in February 2009, but whether good or bad all have contributed to the dynamic online experience that has proved equally as addictive as its offline counterpart. Expand

1. Sports Interactive has massive experience in creating single-player management games, but this is the developer's first stab at an MMO - and for the most part, it's a genuine success. While it never quite scales the heady heights of the single-player games, it's still an experience that every Football Manager fan should try, while budding managers intimidated by the demands of Football Manager 2009 are likely to find this a much more enjoyable and accessible entry point to the world of management.
  2. According to my manager stats, I've spent approximately 35 per cent of my life (since my team was created) logged into FM Live. Either I've got nothing better in my life to be getting on with or FM Live is the greatest football management game ever created.
    Whether there’s enough here to maintain longevity is yet to be seen, but for the time being we finally have a Football Manager game that can be enjoyed against other people and in short bursts, a game that’s subtly addictive but never life sapping.