7.6

1. Dec 4, 2012
    I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.

I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places,
    very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library. Audio quality and game performance still need some work, which is why I deducted a point, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta). Expand
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a truly truly great PvP Game you jump in play the Game and just forget the Time that's what a good game should do too you. You just want too play more. Smooth Graphics, Nice Artworks, Interesting Game Mechanics and Devs which actually care about the game :)! Try it out you cant go wrong :)! Get it on Steam Today while its hot =)!
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game, well worth a try. Expand
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a game with a lot of potential and developers very active with the community. It doesn't have an open world and is light on MMO features right now, but the gameplay is solid.
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    For an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (more classes, more game modes) I recommend getting your hands on this as soon as humanly possible. Expand
  6. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge can really become a truly great PvP game. Unfortunately it had to launch lacking a few features but the developers are very active in the community and are committed to making it the game they want it to be.

As it stands now there are a few small bugs and balance issues, but nothing that ruins the enjoyment of the game. I'm really enjoying the hours I've put in to it so far even
    though many of the features are still "coming soon". Expand
  7. Dec 5, 2012
    Developers really understand the mind set of their target audience. If you want a PvP oriented MMO that isn't another job, this is the game for you. The development team is very closely connected with their community and really understand what a PvP oriented MMO should look like. The movement in the game is fantastic and there is no tab targetting. There are still a few things that need to be implemented, but those things are expected to be implemented shortly. The overall outlook on this game is fantastic. I have really enjoyed playing it over the past few weeks. I haven't been this excited about a game in a while. Collapse
  8. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is a fresh breath to the pvp MMO scene. The basis of the game is a great idea: take the aiming, competition, and skill of an FPS and add the depth, movement, and complexity of MMO combat. Add this to the idea that the devs "get" that competitive pvp shouldn't be about a grind or about who has better gear, and you have a great foundation for a game. The devs also understand that a game like this can't have zero progression and still have a leveling system, similar to say call of duty, that allows progression to give players more options, but not necessarily a clear advantage over newer players. To say it simple: the devs simply "get it."

Let's talk about the dev team. They clearly are a group of competitive pvp players who decided to make a game they wanted to play and could envision but wasn't on the market. They made the game, not with the mind set of making money like the big gaming companies, but to make a game that was spectacular and fun to play. This can be scene in the low price of the game, and the lack of external money from big gaming companies. They did not want to receive external money because it would mean they couldn't do exactly what they wanted to do to make the game they envisioned. Further, the devs are very interactive with the community, they don't dodge questions like our companies, and they understand what true competitive pvp'ers want.

Let's talk about the game. Yes, as many have mentioned, the game isn't finished. Some people have mentioned that they feel they have been ripped off because they bought a game that wasn't completely finished. To this I say, you paid 1/3 the price of what normal games sell for, and you are definitely getting more than 1/3 of a game, so there is no way you can say you got ripped off. The company is not funded by big gaming corporations, so they needed to release it at this stage to fund what they want to do next with the game. The company is very fair and are not attempting to rip off people.

The game has great graphics and amazing game play -- its fast, skill based, and addictive. As with many others, I am looking forward to future additions like more skills per class, more classes, ranked arenas, more game types, and maybe even some sort of open world pvp environment. Since the company decided to not do pve, their complete focus is on pvp, and I feel like for the first time this will allow a company to not neglect the pvp part of an MMO. The game has great fundamentals that the dev team can easily expand on, and they are already in the progress of doing this. So the bottom line is that this game is definitely worth buying if you are looking for a competitive pvp MMO game, and will continue to get better and better in the near future.
  9. Dec 6, 2012
    I used to be a 2200 rogue on KT in wow. pvped for about 8 hours a day because i loved it. since i have work/school now i don't have the luxury of time that i used to. I picked up this game a little while ago. has great promise. new classes being added along with other things to customize every individual character. i suggest you play the free trial if they have one. hit me up ingame, im 13/f/ny lf bbc. Expand
  10. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a game I believe players with MMO backgrounds will enjoy immensely. It's much faster paced than an MMO and combines the precision demanded from a first person shooter with a familiar battleground environment. Rather than waiting in long queues as MMO players are used to, it throws you right into the fight without having to worry about gearing up your character. You gain experience points for doing well on your team and can spend them to swap points between armor types, energy / mana, and movement speed. Ability customization will be available soon, and so will arena mode, new classes, game modes, maps, emotes, and a lot more. Give Forge a shot, it has a lot of potential and has already forged a high reputation among its community. Expand
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    Game with big potential and active developers. It's fast, frenzied and brutal! If you enjoy team based combat and intense skill-based PvP you must try this game.
  12. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is definitely a unique game. The game is one of the best ideas in a while, taking the best of all genres and combine them together. The devs are smart, industry professionals that plan to stay indie, so the players don't have to be worried about being pinched for pennies. The game has a ways to go before it is the best, but the devs are hard at work. Endless potential.
  13. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the greatest games ever. If you have ever been a WoW or a CS nerd, you will love this. Pure skill based PvP. Arena battles, stats and balanced classes. I would recommend you to try!
  14. Dec 4, 2012
    Great game for people who want to have some multiplayer fun and don't want to bother with a tedious level grind. The controls are extremely smooth, graphics are amazing, and maps are balanced. Please go pick this game up.
  15. Dec 5, 2012
    Amazing game. It's like a mix of oldschool unreal tournament gameplay & WoW style fantasy pvp, fast and slightly technical. If you liked either of those games and you love pvp this is the game for you.
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    An amazing PVP game, with solid progression, taking a Solid TPS shooter and adding MMO stylings to it, and also the team developing seems to be very active, and has a clear vision, and like MMO's plans to continue releasing updates for the game including new classes, new skins etc. The low cost is truely makes this game an insane value, its ridiculously fun, and the active development means if its already this good only god knows how much better it can get.. haven't run into any bugs and the game feels balanced very well so they are taking care of their baby it seems.

I was looking forward to the companions i really hope that they get to add them into the final game soon.
  17. Dec 8, 2012
    If you like some PVP game with great dynamics and non-stop action and fun, then Forge is your game!
    For the things i saw in videos, Forge has a simple and functional matchmaking that allows you to to save a lot of time in queues (which is really annoying in other games), the characters are balanced (no OP characters :D ) and above all, they have > 9 < skills each, which make them really
    versatile.(btw, I just love the fact that you can make wall jumps *0*). If you want more information about Forge, check it out at steam website!! Expand
  18. Dec 25, 2012
    Based solely on gameplay, Forge would be a 10/10. Its PvP is balanced, fun, exciting, and can melt the hours away. Once they put in some more features, such as a party system (and generally more group-friendly features) and a little more info on your screen (such as showing which debuffs you currently have on), the game will easily be a 10. They also have not yet implemented their leveling system fully, but based on the updates so far I do believe they will continue to flesh out these kinds of (important) features (I played the beta when I was a backer through Kickstarter, and the game has come a long way in just a couple months).

Why is Forge PvP so much fun? There is no grinding (it literally doesn't exist in the game, as leveling only gives you sidegrades, rather than a definitive advantage). There is no currency. Each class feels balanced and unique, with a relatively small number of skills each. You also don't need to worry about out-playing someone else, only to lose because they have better gear. Gameplay feels tight and balanced: the UI is responsive (ie, healing shows an instant effect on others' health - not always the case with other MMO's I've tried), cooldowns are appropriate and don't feel overpowered or useless. Players have good feedback about whether their abilities have landed properly. Sounds and effects feel pretty polished. Each class has a defined role and is good at what it's intended to do. And the fundamental idea behind Forge - that you need to aim each ability (except a few AoE abilities) - is good in concept and in execution. The two weaknesses of the game are its semi-unfinished features (which I do have confidence will be changed) - such as the leveling system, giving players just a little more info about the game mechanics, and more group-friendly features - and its somewhat small player base (but obviously the game just came out). I do hope more players will continue to pick up this game. At $20, it's a steal, and I can't think of any game I've played that has PvP that I would describe as being more fun (including MMO's, FPS's, RPG's).
  19. Dec 14, 2012
    Great graphics,great gameplay and generally great mass PvP game!This is the game for all the PvP lovers.i just hope for more classes,maps and people to join...
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    The game I've been looking and waiting for. Includes everything you'd want in an arena based PvP game, very balanced and fine tuned for a game in beta. Can't wait to see where it goes as I can see this game becoming very big on full release! Definitely recommend you check it out!
  21. Dec 5, 2012
    I played during the beta and I really recommend this game. It's fast, beautiful and the action is mind-blowing. This is not Pay-To-Win, all that matters is your skill. There are 5 classes - each one is very distinct and has a specific role on the battlefield. If you really like PvP games and want to have some fun - play "FORGE".
  22. Dec 5, 2012
    This game ticks all the boxes for me; fast and addictive game play, class-based strategy and stunning graphics all round. The progression system keeps me coming back for more and future game-modes that cater for the more competitive players sound great! Sure, some more advanced features are missing right now - but all the basics are there. And if the beta experience is anything to go by, the developers will be right there listening to feedback and pumping out the updates regularly.
    This one will certainly be getting a lot of playtime!
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    Saw the first gameplay review on youtube and fell in love with it. It looks beautiful and the whole 3rd person pvp style is very unique. To me, it looks like a mix of GW2 and Gears of War. I cant wait to get my hands ahold of this game and tear up some pvp. The leveling system is very unique and in depth which will keep me playing for a long time.
  24. Dec 6, 2012
    Forge looks like a fast pvp arena style, and I enjoy this type of game so much, it's so different from the usual games, I haven't played yet, but im willing to do!
  25. Dec 9, 2012
    The Good: The game is very well put together. From what I have seen that the game looks like it's Taken TF2, WoW BG/RBG/Arena systems (let alone the ability system), Guild Wars 1 & 2 PvP elements, and then had a ingenious child named Forge. Spells are unique from what I've seen in many class based shooters such as Vindictus for example. I enjoy the fact that every class has their damaging abilities, as well as their survivability abilities (Movement speed increase, Defense increase, Flying into the air and shooting yourself rather far away from the fray). And let alone the graphics are just stunning. I was highly impressed when I found out that this game was running the Unreal 3 engine. I've only gotten to witness the engine myself and that was on Hawken. The Bad: From what I've seen from forum posts, and videos is that it's highly team dependent. I understand that this is how the game was created for that general intention is to stay with your team, and conquer the opposing team, but the fact that I can't stray off from the group and attempt a flank to weaken their defenses as an assassin per say, and I run into a group of 3, pick one off, and do a slight amount of damage to the other too foes, then begin to run away. Yes, I've made my escape and I've killed one of their enemies but my only way to regenerate my HP by myself is to grab the HP shrines. There's a total of 3 in each map and I understand one of them will respawn by the you pick up your second shrine, but I personally feel as if that each class should have its own form of health regeneration. I would be completely okay with a 10% health regeneration abilities. I do like the game a lot, and I'm highly impressed. It has its flaws but it's a recent release and I've seen that the game has been booming on the internet. I will buy it, and I will play it regularly. Not that it's popular, just for the sole fact that it's what I've been waiting for. A SOLID class based shooter that is being ran on a wonderful engine to make the gameplay beautiful, and smooth as butter. I do recommend this game to whomever is interested. I do say it's worth it, and I'd advise you to prepare for an extreme amount of PvP fun! Expand
  26. Dec 9, 2012
    If you are looking for a fast-paced PvP based game, try out Forge. With a competitive gameplay, you can choose among 5 classes, each one with a unique variety of skills. Use them along with your own strategies to outplay your enemy and win the game. Having his own mechanic, Forge can surpass all your expectations with a new and improved system including Wall Jump, Camouflage Swap and a delightful Spectate Mode. Don't forget to buy your own Forge available on Steam. Expand
  27. Dec 9, 2012
    Ok first off i like to say that i LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS GAME. It look beautiful and sounds like it has a solid fell of combat from many sources on YouTube. I am so eager to play this game because its a hybrid between wow and a fps which is a gamers dream. It also has that exciting combat system that makes it interesting and fresh. I love the fantasy aspect to the game as well because that is my style. I hear great things and see videos about how the combat flows as well as everyone is very diverse (class-wise). I saw someones tweet saying they were amazed by how great the game was so early since release. i highly recommend that everyone try this game especially at the great price they offer and help the underground video game scene out a little bit. I'm looking very forward to playing this game. Expand
  28. Dec 16, 2012
    I liked the PVP in World of Warcraft and enjoyed hours and hours competing against other teams. I think Forge is on the right way, the developers are doing a good job and the community is very friendly. I´ve been looking for a game like this since i quit World of Warcraft and well.... here it is ;). This game completely relies on skill. Get it on Steam or on their homepage ;)
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fantastic, hands down. If you're looking for competitive PvP in an MMO style setting, this game is for you. It has a "bit" of a learning curve, as in to do well, you need to memorize different abilities and other classes abilities and learn when to use them, but in any MMO who doesn't? It has smooth and appealing graphics and it's very fast paced. You won't go wrong with this game.
  30. Dec 20, 2012
    Forge is an amazing concept with a lot of potential. As it stands currently, the game does in fact lack certain features, however I don't feel that this outweighs its strengths. The combat system in Forge breathes fresh air into the genre while also allowing for more exciting styles of play not possible with the conventional tab target system. Levels are designed with a lot of verticality due to original mechanics such as wall jumping and the Pyromancer's "rocket jump", adding a skill factor in movement itself. Forge is very visually appealing. All in all, with new features coming soon along with several classes and gamemodes, I think Forge presents a very strong experience for anyone who enjoys Guild Wars, Wow arena or role based competitive pvp in general. Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2012
    Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased. And with the lack of "Blowing Cooldowns", fights are epic and you actually have to think instead of pressing a seven line macro and then one-shotting someone. It is definitely a must play. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Expand
  32. Dec 7, 2012
    It looks amazing. This game mix fps/rpg/mmo, all we need! propably will be a total success!! with some workout, there we go! Forge, the game of year!!
  33. Dec 7, 2012
    Forge seem to be a really great PvP game, with a solid gameplay and one of the best class balance i've ever seen. Developers seem really active to fix problems and hear players issue or suggestion, that is really great especially when you see devs of other games that just don't care.
  34. Dec 7, 2012
    This game seems like it has immense potential. However, that said with new classes and new powers in the works; it really seems like it has potential to surpass even guild wars 2 as my go-to game for PvP fun! I love the TF2 feel of this game. I feel like more objective-style maps (a-la-tf2) would greatly expand this game's audience. I personally am not a fan of there currently being no way to self-heal yourself which is the only thing stopping me from giving this game a 10/10. Even world of warcraft has recently realized that people want to be able to heal themselves in some capacity. Guild wars 2 capitalized on this and has given everyone a way to do it. I do not enjoy relying on healers. If health-packs were placed in key locations on objective-based maps like TF2 it would be a 10/10 game for me. I am looking forward to playing this game with friends and family after the holidays. The developers are very active in listening to the community which is huge for such a community-oriented game! Expand
  35. Dec 8, 2012
    I have been looking for a game like Forge for quite some time now! I used to play WoW and I loved PVP but I had to stop because the game required far too much time just to be able to enjoy pvp. I like Forge because it is aiming to cut out the time/grind part of MMOs but still provide the PVP action! It really is taking MMO style PVP combat and mixing it with Team Fortress 2 type environment! It takes some time to learn all the abilities for each class and when to use each, but once you start getting the hang of it the game is really alot of fun. I do enjoy that you can create custom key bindings for each class so you can setup your characters how you want to. I got the game 2 days after it became available on Steam, and the options and gameplay are very limited so far, but from what I have read they will be releasing more soon so I am hopeful. Great game so far! Expand
  36. Dec 8, 2012
    Rly expect so much from this game. Since I'm WoW player and I love PvP this game was choice number one for me. It has a potential to be a massive game for many people if developers can handle (and I hope so). Looking forward to play this game.
  37. Dec 9, 2012
    Forge is a great mix between many MMO and FPS concepts. The energy/mana system along with a lot of the powers reflect many MMO's, while the aiming, action and gamemodes borrow many elements from FPS games. It has a bit of a learning curve at first with the multitude of different abilities and powers, but once you get it down all the different powers becomes one of it's best parts.

The
    action in Forge is truly chaotic, which at first is a bit confusing, but once again becomes after some getting used to, the chaos becomes pure fun. Since the developers had to release early to get more funds the game is pretty lean right now, but a lot more content is on the way with patches and updates, which will be frequent. Even so the game is still totally worth it, and will only get better. Expand
  38. Dec 9, 2012
    This game has everything to beat Darkfall on it's own terrain. Very nice classes, extreme fantasy world PVP, light MMO features, no need to farm/grind like beasts to enjoy the game.
  39. Dec 9, 2012
    I've been looking for this type of game for a long time. I loved WoW PvP and loved the Arenas. This gives me the best of not having a lot of time anymore to grind through the game and gear. There is still a lot of things that need to be added to the game but if all your looking for is that solid game play Forge is where you want to be. I also am grateful to see that there are Oceanic servers there as well so you actually get a good ping compared to many MMO's out there as I live in New Zealand. Expand
  40. Dec 9, 2012
    For those who really like a good pvp game based on player skills more than you´ll definitly want to take a shot on Forge !! It has nice graphics and fun for pvp most then all !
    Take ur try, you will have fun for sure !
  41. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge is a beautiful PvP game and you should all play it right now. The game is filled with potential and doesn't require any of the grind of an MMO while preserving a similar feel of gameplay. It's the perfect blend of MMO and the MOBA genres.
  42. Dec 24, 2012
    If you love PVP, you will love Forge. It makes GW2 pvp looks silly. Just didnt have 10 because it lacks skill customization, which is planned for the future btw.
  43. Dec 26, 2012
    Not a complete game, but its still awesome and amazingly balanced.
    Please do not listen to the critic reviews as they are idiots, for eg scoring diablo 3 (88).
  44. Dec 27, 2012
    If you like good PvP, with varitys of skills, and fast like an FPS, Forge is your Fix. At the moment the game is in an early stages, but it needs every support from good PVP'lers it can get.
  45. Dec 30, 2012
    I love the game-idea behind Forge. I don't enjoy farming at all, I don't have to in Forge :) . Also though you can earn XP and gain Levels this progress doesn't give you an increase of ability powers or healt or else. What you can do is shift around your Protection/Movement Speed/Maximum Resources points which helps you if you have already developed a strategy and arrange the points to support this.
    Also the Forum playforgewar.com is a really nice place where you get all questions answered and can help with your feedback to bring the updates on. All in all. 10
  46. Jan 4, 2013
    I decided to check this game out, since it went on sale for steam, and the video looked promising.

Excellent purchase, with amazing potential. This is the kind of game I want and have been looking for, and I think there are more like me. I am not disappointed, when I read the review from Escapist I almost decided against it, but I am sure glad I didn't take that feedback to heart!

Is the game "ready for release" I think so. Is it anywhere near its full potential? No, but there is some AMAZING potential here, the premise is fantastic, the combat system and play style just feel right and the meta game that will evolve as this games development progresses could provide entertainment for players and spectators alike... it is as fun to watch as it is to play.

It is lacking some features and polish, yes, but I am more than happy to give that a pass considering it is an indie game with a low entry cost and what I consider to be the important bits are there. The features which will appear as it moves forward will just put good meat on the bones.

If you like fast paced, well balanced, no RNG team based PVP with an unknown potential skill cap? Well, I don't think you will be disappointed, and for the price this Dev crew is worth supporting and you will more than get your moneys worth out of this game. Buy it, play it, love it!

I don't review things, in general I read, and just discuss things with my friends... but this game really drives me to want to spread the word and get people to jump in and give it a real play.... and I felt compelled to say something here.
  47. May 4, 2013
    Personally, I think this game could destroy World of Warcraft and other games.. It has intense fights, great graphics and a very balanced fighting system, stunlocking someone is impossible, every class has one skill to keep someone out of combat for a short time, and also a skill to escape from a fight, every class has stacking DoT's (except for shaman's who's primary atk deals damage once and heals overtime (stacks 3 times)) the point i'm trying to make, the game is balanced, most people who repsond to this game porely are new to it and won't give it a chance, instead of instaneously complaining about a game, they should try the tutorials, and defenitly try the bot fights! These bot fights are not to be underestimated, everytime you kill every class in a difficulty it will set the difficulty level higher and higher, and truth be told, the hard bots don't go down lightly.. if you succeed in killing these bots, you know what class you prefer and what that class is capable of, you should join a real PvP battle, and if you still think the game is unbalanced, we can talk. But every class has something to counter all other classes, there is imo no class that's "OP". The only problem with forge in my opinion is not enough players who actually wanna spend time learning how the game works. If it's too hard, people complain, if it's too easy people complain, if it's a mediocre difficulty, people complain about no hard mode.. If more people would stay and give it a chance, and maybe ask the players who just creamed their asses for some advice, i think the game could be very big.. I actually buy the game for my closest friends, and i tell them if they honestly don't think it's a good game after a month of playing, then they don't have to repay me.. up till now, they've all payed me back! my summary: My favorite game so far! Expand
  48. Jul 26, 2013
    When it first came out it was quite a mess but now, after countless updates, it actually is a very balanced and enjoyable title that deserves a second chance.
    One of the most fun multiplayer titles to date gameplay-wise. Comparisons like tf2 and guild wars are easily made and are quite accurate. It's fast paced gameplay in a fantasy setting makes it stand out from the other contemporary titles.
  49. Jul 28, 2013
    IMO there is no true 10/10 for a game. However, this is as close as it gets for anyone who is a Hardcore PvP oriented player. Understand this is not an MMORPG this is an Arena PvP Tournament game based on skill and teamwork. At first the game can be daunting by the high level of skill and the massive amounts of lvls (99). This game however slows down and feels right in all the right places once you invest a few hours into it. Combat is smooth and rewarding, and wall jumping is truly the best feature in the game IMO. I expect great things form this especially since the game will be adopting a FTP style model soon. If a game is deserving of success and you are a Hardcore PvP fan then this is Home Sweet Home. Expand
  50. Jul 4, 2013
    One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  51. Jan 18, 2013
    A diamond in the rough for PvP fans:
    It's the kind of game where you can just log in, jump in a game within seconds and start to PvP!
    They have a small community so far, but already have a Mumble setup that you can find via the forums where you can chat with gamers, find teammates and even chat with the game devs!
    Once this game becomes more finished, and once more people find this game
    and the player base expands a bit more I feel it will deserve my 10/10 rating. Expand
  52. Jan 19, 2013
    This is the type of game i have been waiting for. I really love fantasy classes and combat but i do not want to spend the time getting to the highest level and getting the best gear just so i can enjoy pvp. This game is everything i could hope for, high action pvp in a fantasy setting. If there is any downside it would be the high learning curve, but in my opinion a high learning curve marks a good game and gives players a lot of room to be good based on their own personal ability and fighting tactics. Expand
  53. Apr 26, 2013
    I find the game very great and well made. It has a lot of potential. It is already rumored that it will be the ESL game par excellence.
    Since the new patch lots of news have come into force, give the game a final status. I find it charming and will continue to play it.
  54. Jul 11, 2013
    Forge is by far the best PvP game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. If you're a competitive PvPer from the WoW scene, then WoW PvP will look like childs-play in comparison to Forge. In fact, I know WoW arena players that had ~2850 arena rating who said Forge takes magnitudes of skill more than WoW ever did.

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG
    genres into an insanely competitive atmosphere. Imagine WoW, except the PvP is ACTUALLY balanced and you have to aim every single skill/attack (NO auto-targeting). Furthermore, Forge mixes up the mundane PvP scene with unique aspects an MMORPG does not contain such as: wall-jumping (costs energy, the resource you use), blocking attacks (once again, consumes energy), no grind and did I mention balanced PvP that is ACTUALLY balanced?

My name is Jroc |OP in game. I'll see you in game
  55. Jul 17, 2013
    This is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree of skill to access than your average shooter or MMO.

The cacophony of "incomplete!" is true, but not a detractor. Only a fool thinks it is, because what we have here instead is a very fine game that is continuing to evolve and improve. The critic reviews are astonishingly shallow and reflect a great deal of what is wrong with the gaming journalism industry.

The ONLY real complaint I have is that the developers made a decent profit, then lost a lot of their playerbase because of the issues I mentioned above. Despite this, they continue producing essential content at a bit of a crawl, falling back on the "we're indie!" or "you're not a developer, you don't understand!" platform whenever their design decisions are questioned.

I know the business better than most, and when something crucial needs to happen to a game, I have seen studios just as small and even smaller get it done exponentially quicker. I think making the money up-front may have hurt the longevity of the project in some ways, believe it or not, because with cash already in-hand, the impetus to produce results is not fueled by a promise of reward.
  56. Dec 5, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]