7.6

1. Jul 11, 2013
    Forge is by far the best PvP game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. If you're a competitive PvPer from the WoW scene, then WoW PvP will look like childs-play in comparison to Forge. In fact, I know WoW arena players that had ~2850 arena rating who said Forge takes magnitudes of skill more than WoW ever did.

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG genres into an insanely competitive atmosphere. Imagine WoW, except the PvP is ACTUALLY balanced and you have to aim every single skill/attack (NO auto-targeting). Furthermore, Forge mixes up the mundane PvP scene with unique aspects an MMORPG does not contain such as: wall-jumping (costs energy, the resource you use), blocking attacks (once again, consumes energy), no grind and did I mention balanced PvP that is ACTUALLY balanced?

My name is Jroc |OP in game. I'll see you in game
  2. Jul 17, 2013
    This is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree ofThis is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree of skill to access than your average shooter or MMO.

The cacophony of "incomplete!" is true, but not a detractor. Only a fool thinks it is, because what we have here instead is a very fine game that is continuing to evolve and improve. The critic reviews are astonishingly shallow and reflect a great deal of what is wrong with the gaming journalism industry.

The ONLY real complaint I have is that the developers made a decent profit, then lost a lot of their playerbase because of the issues I mentioned above. Despite this, they continue producing essential content at a bit of a crawl, falling back on the "we're indie!" or "you're not a developer, you don't understand!" platform whenever their design decisions are questioned.

I know the business better than most, and when something crucial needs to happen to a game, I have seen studios just as small and even smaller get it done exponentially quicker. I think making the money up-front may have hurt the longevity of the project in some ways, believe it or not, because with cash already in-hand, the impetus to produce results is not fueled by a promise of reward.
  3. Jul 20, 2013
    This is my first review, I usually do not write reviews but for this game I really wanted to voice my opinion, even if only a few people read this if any at all, hopefully it will give them some good judgment on weather to pick this up or not.

I was really into an MMO called Guild Wars 2, but towards the end when I had all my slots filled with level 80 characters, I was only interested in the pvp part of the game, I really enjoyed the large moment based combat. After I got bored of the game I left it of course, but I was looking at other mmo's for their pvp, and I found no other mmo's with the same type of fast pvp.

After a few months I came across this game, immediately I looked at it closer, it looked like everything I wanted, but before I bought it I saw that people were saying the game was dead, this was the case, but once the steam sale came along many people started coming into the server, so I got the game. (Actually I got 2 copies just in case a friend or something ever wanted it later)

The game has great classes, they all have different skills, it is hardcore pvp that you could spend a while mastering and honing your skills. The community is very nice, I have not found a foul mouthed person raging in the chat yet.

The only problem I have found with it is that I worry new players may do the tutorial, get into a real game, then get wrecked, then rage quit the game forever. There is no way of matching with fellow new players. I do not think anything can be done about this problem though, since the player count is pretty low and further splitting things up may cause some problems.

The game is awesome, and the leveling system gives me a reason to play this game for a long long time, it is going f2p soon so you could either buy it now and get a bunch of bonuses, or you can wait and play the game for free, but I think you will not be able to level up your classes (not sure).

If you are on the fence, and enjoy pvp in mmo type games, this is what that is, they accomplish what they are going for, and if you are on the fence because of the low amount of players, people like you buying the games are the only thing that will make the player count go up, I promise you will find a server with people any time of the day.
  4. Aug 31, 2013
    The reason for this review being relatively low is a combination of problems in the game and the developers. The game itself is not bad in the least, but there are many things that really bring it down (and I'll keep it short).

1. The optimization is terrible. I bought this game in Alpha and it is still in terrible condition as far as running on computers. I can run Battlefield 3 multiplayer on maximum settings, yet have issues with Forge. This has and is happening with a large quantity of players.

2. Features. Simple features like guilds and friends were never implemented, and this being a strictly PvP game made this a huge problem. There are many other features simply not added into the game that were PROMISED to be in the base game by Dark Vale Games.

3. The developers treatment of customers. Many people who payed for Forge have asked for refunds, due to the game not being even finished when it was "released" and having many issues with it. That, and the absurdly small "rewards" given to people who had pre-purchased and and purchased the game was a huge slap in the face to the many people who supported this game's development.

4. They do NOT want to give you a refund. I've tried before and after Free To Play release to get a refund, and Dark Vale completely avoids the question, ignoring you but kindly asking "We love your feedback, make sure to let us know what you want in the game!"

Overall the gameplay for the game is fairly good, but bugs, optimization, and the awful development team make this game something I would advise NO ONE investing money into. Now that it's free, sure, go for it! But supporting this game will only leave you disappointed and at a lack of some cash that you could spend on a game that will use your money much better.

P.S. I know Dark Vale had some financial issues, but they do not value their customers at all, and it is quite disgusting.
  5. Nov 25, 2013
    What a horrible game. Steep learning curve, and if you try to play in one of the servers that actually has players (literally 6 servers with people playing right now, a grand total of 20 players, lowest latency is 115) you get insta-raped. The reason for this is that the only people who still play this game are people who've been playing since day one, so you stand little to no chanceWhat a horrible game. Steep learning curve, and if you try to play in one of the servers that actually has players (literally 6 servers with people playing right now, a grand total of 20 players, lowest latency is 115) you get insta-raped. The reason for this is that the only people who still play this game are people who've been playing since day one, so you stand little to no chance against them.
    So to summarize: almost nobody plays, those who do play rape you, and servers all have lag
  6. May 9, 2014
    A brilliant PvP game, for people who like to battle online. This is a battle between two team where each side gets to select from MOBA type heroes. And it is brilliant fun and its FREE TO PLAY! There are many types of characters to choose from, each with his own ability and the battles definitely test your skills. I read reviews speaking about its bugs. Well they are pretty much all goneA brilliant PvP game, for people who like to battle online. This is a battle between two team where each side gets to select from MOBA type heroes. And it is brilliant fun and its FREE TO PLAY! There are many types of characters to choose from, each with his own ability and the battles definitely test your skills. I read reviews speaking about its bugs. Well they are pretty much all gone now. I did not experience any problems while playing. Go for it! Expand

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]