7.6

1. Nov 25, 2013
    What a horrible game. Steep learning curve, and if you try to play in one of the servers that actually has players (literally 6 servers with people playing right now, a grand total of 20 players, lowest latency is 115) you get insta-raped. The reason for this is that the only people who still play this game are people who've been playing since day one, so you stand little to no chance against them.
    So to summarize: almost nobody plays, those who do play rape you, and servers all have lag
  2. Aug 31, 2013
    The reason for this review being relatively low is a combination of problems in the game and the developers. The game itself is not bad in the least, but there are many things that really bring it down (and I'll keep it short).

1. The optimization is terrible. I bought this game in Alpha and it is still in terrible condition as far as running on computers. I can run Battlefield 3
    multiplayer on maximum settings, yet have issues with Forge. This has and is happening with a large quantity of players.

2. Features. Simple features like guilds and friends were never implemented, and this being a strictly PvP game made this a huge problem. There are many other features simply not added into the game that were PROMISED to be in the base game by Dark Vale Games.

3. The developers treatment of customers. Many people who payed for Forge have asked for refunds, due to the game not being even finished when it was "released" and having many issues with it. That, and the absurdly small "rewards" given to people who had pre-purchased and and purchased the game was a huge slap in the face to the many people who supported this game's development.

4. They do NOT want to give you a refund. I've tried before and after Free To Play release to get a refund, and Dark Vale completely avoids the question, ignoring you but kindly asking "We love your feedback, make sure to let us know what you want in the game!"

Overall the gameplay for the game is fairly good, but bugs, optimization, and the awful development team make this game something I would advise NO ONE investing money into. Now that it's free, sure, go for it! But supporting this game will only leave you disappointed and at a lack of some cash that you could spend on a game that will use your money much better.

P.S. I know Dark Vale had some financial issues, but they do not value their customers at all, and it is quite disgusting.
  3. Aug 20, 2013
    A new game that's recently been announced F2P, kicking anyone that ever purchased it straight in the ballsack while also managing to keep up It's policy of not balancing things before constantly releasing new content, as seen in the very early stages in the game before they re-did everything.

I could go on and on and on about all the technical flaws or the moronic development process
    this game possesses but the advertised "Key features" on the Steam Page already does this for me and I quote:

"MMO meets FPS: Combat takes place in MMO PvP Arena Style battlegrounds using FPS mechanics and aiming to create a deep, visceral, team oriented experience."

Psst Dark Vale Games, Forge is a THIRD PERSON game. Not a FIRST PERSON.
  4. Aug 19, 2013
    worst game ever, i can't believe this is made for PC, how many fingers do you think a human have?
    the skill short cut goes 1 to 7, and even the basic attack have a shirt cut, for what?
    well the graphic is fine, but this, this isn't design for gameplay.

just don't wast your time.
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    Was a 7 at launch but now that it's F2P, i can't even give away the free copy i bought with my own copy, developers are as bad as the Warz dev censoring the forums and treating the pre launch buys like me as garbage, it's a cash grab now cause they can't get anyone to play there pay2win zerg fest of a game.
  6. Jul 21, 2013
    Not worth a dime.
    1) Use of gamepad during tutorial put me in dev mode.
    2) Connecting to a server loaded me for client side play but not server side.
    3) After death, never respawned in multiplayer.
    4) Change class from Shaman to Assassin doesn't change classes.

Actually worse than free to play.
  7. May 18, 2013
    Get on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which by this point you are probs outnumbered. Maps are awful and confusing, it is very easy to get lost. Game modes are pointless, you have tdm, and a version of ctf which is just tdm with a couple of flags. The game had potential but it didn't deliver, nor will it, 51 players at peak times. Overpriced, no population, cheap mechanics, boring and stale gameplay. If you want to play a shooter go play a shooter there are countless better shooters out there, if you want to play mmorpg style pvp play an mmorpg, there are countless better mmorpgs out there. Do not get me wrong game may be good in 3v3 but pubs, which most people will be playing are an absolute joke. Expand
  8. Feb 7, 2013
    The game is not finished yet, it still feels like its in a beta stage. I got bored of it pretty quickly due to the lack of maps and players. The animations look dull and boring too. I just cant see how this game is worth its money when there are so many better games on the market, its a shame though i thought the concept of mmo pvp game with no grind was a great idea.
  9. Jan 20, 2013
    Forge is quite simply the worst 20 dollars I have spent on a game.

10. Jan 16, 2013
    In short, this game has potential in that it is centered around what I consider to be the best part of the big MMO's: the PVP arena. However, everything from the targeting, interface, and lack of visceral feedback make this game feel like an alpha, and I regret having made the purchase.
  11. Jan 4, 2013
    Incomplete game is incomplete.
  12. Dec 15, 2012
    Forge has great mechanics, no question about it. I've been waiting for a game like this ever since I first played WoW arenas. I've suffered through a few disappointments since then, namely BLC and Diablo III - the latter of which never even had PvP implemented as promised. I had high hopes that Forge would be the game to blow me away and flush every other bad PvP experience away. Unfortunately, my expectations have not yet been met.

For the rest of this review, go here: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25320
  13. Dec 10, 2012
    Game is an unfinished beta. Bad Developer support and should be a crime to charge people for it in it's current state. Don't waste your money, or if you do don't waste it for a few months until the game is finished.
  14. Dec 9, 2012
    Unfinished, rushed and lacking content. Seems criminal to charge full price. Save your money, and pick up something finished and worthy of your money!
  15. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge has alot promise and might have bright future as great PvP-oriented game. Sadly, its still way too incomplete to offer any incentive to keep playing other than few matches and is filled with small bugs, nothing gamebreaking, but annoying ones(So called "Domino effect" in particular). Given time, those small annoyances will probably be fixed(along the reward system). Id also like to see the game gathering larger playerbase, as now its hard to have even 5v5 games. They could have also post-poned "Launch" that was 4.12.2012, as the game is nowhere ready to be launched.Concluding, i wish all well to developers and will continue monitoring developing progress. Expand

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]