Forge PC

7.6

1. Dec 12, 2012
    Forge is very mobile & vertical team-oriented RPG third person combat, similar to MMO PvP. The devs launched through Greenlight because their 300k Kickstarter failed so it's a bit raw right now but there are a ton of updates scheduled. New maps, new classes, new game modes, Steam matchmaking, skins and gameplay balances are lined up so far. Worth picking up if you can look past theForge is very mobile & vertical team-oriented RPG third person combat, similar to MMO PvP. The devs launched through Greenlight because their 300k Kickstarter failed so it's a bit raw right now but there are a ton of updates scheduled. New maps, new classes, new game modes, Steam matchmaking, skins and gameplay balances are lined up so far. Worth picking up if you can look past the problems it has currently with UI & functionality issues. Expand
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    Forge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignoresForge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignores for many reasons that aren't always true: for starters, we have some classes that may seem to do more damage than the others (like the pathfinder) and that some may not even use at all (like the warden), however the balance is noticeable whenever you try to fight in a real battle instead: each class HAS a definitive weakness against certain type of "attacks" and they all have a weakspot that avoids to render them "OP" (for example, while the Pathfinder is very strong, he has almost no pushbacks but only slows, or the Warden that even if has low attack, she gets strong the more she's in combat, making her a real tank in battles). Another problem is that the learning curve can be steep and it's definitely not a game that you can learn in a few hours: each class requires some time to learn and considering the game encourages you to move and jump, you can see that knowing your class isn't the only thing that you'll need to master, but also the enviroment, something that not in many PvP games is done (for example, the forest level has a lot of places in high spots: perfect for pathfinders and ravagers to lure and attack). So for both reasons above, the game can be extremely hard to learn...but once you do, you'll just enjoy of your results and you'll see everything much clearer, that Forge is a game that repays the time you put it in.

But like I said, the game is often ignored.

The main reasons are often that, while being only 20 euros, the game is actually pretty empty, and because of the reasons above: people will lose often due to the steep learning curve and because some classes being abused and some being ignored (I'm often the only player being a Shaman, and Shaman is the only healer of the game). Not only that, veteran players (the few of them) tend to be extremely elitistic and tend to discourge new players on playing the game, because they simply aren't as experienced as them, but then they get annoyed and leave the game soon after. The game, in other words, tend to be unwelcoming to newcomers, both in community and in gameplay, but once again if you pass over these issues, you get a really good game to play, especially if you have friends, because it rewards you for team work and for how good you know your class. Sure, you'll fail at first, as in any multiplayer game, but the more you learn, the better you get, the more fun you'll have. And that's why I gave it an 8, because this game is like an unpolished diamond: people will only see the dirty and the uglyness of the surface, but only those few dedicated players who will try to continue will polish it deeply. And if you get a diamond out of it, it's up to the player's decision.
  3. Apr 24, 2013
    This game reminds me of WoW's PvP but without all of the MMO trappings. Its a mediocre game. Really nothing else to add. Except I have to have 150 characters to post it.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out.One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  5. May 18, 2013
    Get on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which byGet on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which by this point you are probs outnumbered. Maps are awful and confusing, it is very easy to get lost. Game modes are pointless, you have tdm, and a version of ctf which is just tdm with a couple of flags. The game had potential but it didn't deliver, nor will it, 51 players at peak times. Overpriced, no population, cheap mechanics, boring and stale gameplay. If you want to play a shooter go play a shooter there are countless better shooters out there, if you want to play mmorpg style pvp play an mmorpg, there are countless better mmorpgs out there. Do not get me wrong game may be good in 3v3 but pubs, which most people will be playing are an absolute joke. Expand
  6. Dec 13, 2012
    It shouldn't be permitted to sell such an unfinished product. I expected much better considering this has been a top seller on steam for over a week. This game is easily a year from being playable. Within the first 2 hours of playing I crashed to desktop twice, had to repeat the tutorial 3 times due to servers issues, and had to wait for a hotfix patch just to play with others (error:It shouldn't be permitted to sell such an unfinished product. I expected much better considering this has been a top seller on steam for over a week. This game is easily a year from being playable. Within the first 2 hours of playing I crashed to desktop twice, had to repeat the tutorial 3 times due to servers issues, and had to wait for a hotfix patch just to play with others (error: servers are full & error: invalid login).
    The combat is promising, but currently it seems very limited and dull. Linear game play with few strategies. Games like Guild Wars 1 & 2, Rift, and Smite, have similar combat (specifically no-grind equal footing PvP) but are much more expansive on strategy options, not to mention a more polished product.
  7. Apr 24, 2013
    Combining a S.W.T.O.R. P.V.P. system with unique and Innovative controls fun game play great community great level design. More people should play this game its really fun and one of the biggest highlights is the fantastic level design and the new patch is bringing even more great stuff for free should defiantly get this game if you like P.V.P.
  8. Aug 6, 2013
    Gameplay.. nice, skillsystems/cosmetical systems.. great, replayabilty without getting bored.. meh.
    With friends its great but doing solo there isnt a massive amont of content keeping you addicted.
  9. Jan 26, 2013
    This is a faith-based score--a score set with the firm belief that in time, this game will become what it has set out to become (and I have no reason to doubt that it will). Unfortunately, it is not yet that game.

You, as a consumer, must do a few things with Forge: 1. Buy the game to support the work it will require to make this something incredible 2. Expect to wait a few months

You, as a consumer, must do a few things with Forge:

2. Expect to wait a few months for it to become the game it is trying to become
    3. Return to it later, if necessary, and experience one of the best competitive games of this gaming era. If MMO PvP and Team Fortress 2 had a baby, it would have been born prematurely, and it would have been called Forge.

Don't pass over it as simply another failed project. They are making great strides already, and it has come a long way from even its launch several weeks ago. Support it and sit on it--consider it an investment a grand future that can only occur if your pledge is made. It's like a post-launch Kickstarter, in that way. It sounds absurd, but it offers more up front than a Kickstarter--you can immediately begin to play this beta of sorts, and you will even enjoy it immensely with the correct frame of mind.
  10. May 9, 2014
    A brilliant PvP game, for people who like to battle online. This is a battle between two team where each side gets to select from MOBA type heroes. And it is brilliant fun and its FREE TO PLAY! There are many types of characters to choose from, each with his own ability and the battles definitely test your skills. I read reviews speaking about its bugs. Well they are pretty much all goneA brilliant PvP game, for people who like to battle online. This is a battle between two team where each side gets to select from MOBA type heroes. And it is brilliant fun and its FREE TO PLAY! There are many types of characters to choose from, each with his own ability and the battles definitely test your skills. I read reviews speaking about its bugs. Well they are pretty much all gone now. I did not experience any problems while playing. Go for it! Expand
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is face paced and takes very little ramp up time reminds me of a team fortress with a MMO/World of Warcraft twist where you can gain levels and up your characters ability. I truly enjoy being able to mix between fantasy classes such as a Assasin, Cleric, Tank, Ranged Archer DPS, Ranged Mage DPS, and a Bruiser Play
  12. Aug 14, 2013
    I just can't seem to get into it. I feel like the combat is really weird and it feels quite buggy in some parts, for a PvP game it is kind of a big deal to me. But it's fun to play every once in a while.
  13. Dec 24, 2012
    If you love PVP, you will love Forge. It makes GW2 pvp looks silly. Just didnt have 10 because it lacks skill customization, which is planned for the future btw.
  14. Aug 19, 2013
    worst game ever, i can't believe this is made for PC, how many fingers do you think a human have?
    the skill short cut goes 1 to 7, and even the basic attack have a shirt cut, for what?
    well the graphic is fine, but this, this isn't design for gameplay.

just don't wast your time.
  15. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is definitely a unique game. The game is one of the best ideas in a while, taking the best of all genres and combine them together. The devs are smart, industry professionals that plan to stay indie, so the players don't have to be worried about being pinched for pennies. The game has a ways to go before it is the best, but the devs are hard at work. Endless potential.
  16. Aug 19, 2013
    Was a 7 at launch but now that it's F2P, i can't even give away the free copy i bought with my own copy, developers are as bad as the Warz dev censoring the forums and treating the pre launch buys like me as garbage, it's a cash grab now cause they can't get anyone to play there pay2win zerg fest of a game.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    Forge is currently unfinished, although there is a solid foundation built for what could potentially shape up to be a solid game. The developers have a lot of plans ahead of them and are promising an amazing game but it's too early to tell if they're going to be able to hit their mark or not.

There are no doubt problems with the game. There is currently no way to heal yourself outside of combat except for a limited amount of small heal shrines located around the map. This means that victory usually goes to the team with more healers. This also means that most times it's easier and more effective to simply suicide when at 50% health or lower than to try to escape or find these shrines to do healing.

The classes are varied and interesting, taking great influence from WoW and other AAA titles in terms of classic RPG abilities. The combat is hotbar based similar to WoW, except there is a soft locking FPS style aiming for abilities. Also, it's advertised as an MMO but it's absolutely anything but. Think CoD matchmaking in a fantasy setting.
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a truly truly great PvP Game you jump in play the Game and just forget the Time that's what a good game should do too you. You just want too play more. Smooth Graphics, Nice Artworks, Interesting Game Mechanics and Devs which actually care about the game :)! Try it out you cant go wrong :)! Get it on Steam Today while its hot =)!
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    FORGE has completely brand-new types of game. Class-based skill combat system is feel very impressive to me . If you likes PVP modes of MMORPG, you must get this game.
  20. Dec 22, 2012
    Very fun for the PvP inclined. Admittedly it launched minus several features, but it provides enough fun to make it worth the purchase before they're available.
  21. Jul 17, 2013
    This is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree ofThis is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree of skill to access than your average shooter or MMO.

The cacophony of "incomplete!" is true, but not a detractor. Only a fool thinks it is, because what we have here instead is a very fine game that is continuing to evolve and improve. The critic reviews are astonishingly shallow and reflect a great deal of what is wrong with the gaming journalism industry.

The ONLY real complaint I have is that the developers made a decent profit, then lost a lot of their playerbase because of the issues I mentioned above. Despite this, they continue producing essential content at a bit of a crawl, falling back on the "we're indie!" or "you're not a developer, you don't understand!" platform whenever their design decisions are questioned.

I know the business better than most, and when something crucial needs to happen to a game, I have seen studios just as small and even smaller get it done exponentially quicker. I think making the money up-front may have hurt the longevity of the project in some ways, believe it or not, because with cash already in-hand, the impetus to produce results is not fueled by a promise of reward.
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.

I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places, very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library. Audio quality and game performance still need some work, which is why I deducted a point, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta).
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    An amazing PVP game, with solid progression, taking a Solid TPS shooter and adding MMO stylings to it, and also the team developing seems to be very active, and has a clear vision, and like MMO's plans to continue releasing updates for the game including new classes, new skins etc. The low cost is truely makes this game an insane value, its ridiculously fun, and the active developmentAn amazing PVP game, with solid progression, taking a Solid TPS shooter and adding MMO stylings to it, and also the team developing seems to be very active, and has a clear vision, and like MMO's plans to continue releasing updates for the game including new classes, new skins etc. The low cost is truely makes this game an insane value, its ridiculously fun, and the active development means if its already this good only god knows how much better it can get.. haven't run into any bugs and the game feels balanced very well so they are taking care of their baby it seems.

I was looking forward to the companions i really hope that they get to add them into the final game soon.
  24. Dec 5, 2012
    Lots of promise but horribly imbalanced, and I definitely should not be asked to pay for the game in the current state. It's early beta testing honestly. Check back in 6 months
  25. Dec 9, 2012
    Forge is a great mix between many MMO and FPS concepts. The energy/mana system along with a lot of the powers reflect many MMO's, while the aiming, action and gamemodes borrow many elements from FPS games. It has a bit of a learning curve at first with the multitude of different abilities and powers, but once you get it down all the different powers becomes one of it's best parts.

The

The action in Forge is truly chaotic, which at first is a bit confusing, but once again becomes after some getting used to, the chaos becomes pure fun. Since the developers had to release early to get more funds the game is pretty lean right now, but a lot more content is on the way with patches and updates, which will be frequent. Even so the game is still totally worth it, and will only get better.
  26. Dec 9, 2012
    Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased.Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased. And with the lack of "Blowing Cooldowns", fights are epic and you actually have to think instead of pressing a seven line macro and then one-shotting someone. It is definitely a must play. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Expand
  27. Dec 14, 2012
    Great graphics,great gameplay and generally great mass PvP game!This is the game for all the PvP lovers.i just hope for more classes,maps and people to join...
  28. Dec 15, 2012
    Forge has great mechanics, no question about it. I've been waiting for a game like this ever since I first played WoW arenas. I've suffered through a few disappointments since then, namely BLC and Diablo III - the latter of which never even had PvP implemented as promised. I had high hopes that Forge would be the game to blow me away and flush every other bad PvP experience away.Forge has great mechanics, no question about it. I've been waiting for a game like this ever since I first played WoW arenas. I've suffered through a few disappointments since then, namely BLC and Diablo III - the latter of which never even had PvP implemented as promised. I had high hopes that Forge would be the game to blow me away and flush every other bad PvP experience away. Unfortunately, my expectations have not yet been met.

For the rest of this review, go here: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25320
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    I really like how the game is coming out so far but, like almost everyone else has said, I don't think this game was ready to be released, quite a bit of features are keeping this game from making it worth playing. hopefully they can work fast enough to make up for that and not lose any customers.
  30. Dec 25, 2012
    Based solely on gameplay, Forge would be a 10/10. Its PvP is balanced, fun, exciting, and can melt the hours away. Once they put in some more features, such as a party system (and generally more group-friendly features) and a little more info on your screen (such as showing which debuffs you currently have on), the game will easily be a 10. They also have not yet implemented theirBased solely on gameplay, Forge would be a 10/10. Its PvP is balanced, fun, exciting, and can melt the hours away. Once they put in some more features, such as a party system (and generally more group-friendly features) and a little more info on your screen (such as showing which debuffs you currently have on), the game will easily be a 10. They also have not yet implemented their leveling system fully, but based on the updates so far I do believe they will continue to flesh out these kinds of (important) features (I played the beta when I was a backer through Kickstarter, and the game has come a long way in just a couple months).

Why is Forge PvP so much fun? There is no grinding (it literally doesn't exist in the game, as leveling only gives you sidegrades, rather than a definitive advantage). There is no currency. Each class feels balanced and unique, with a relatively small number of skills each. You also don't need to worry about out-playing someone else, only to lose because they have better gear. Gameplay feels tight and balanced: the UI is responsive (ie, healing shows an instant effect on others' health - not always the case with other MMO's I've tried), cooldowns are appropriate and don't feel overpowered or useless. Players have good feedback about whether their abilities have landed properly. Sounds and effects feel pretty polished. Each class has a defined role and is good at what it's intended to do. And the fundamental idea behind Forge - that you need to aim each ability (except a few AoE abilities) - is good in concept and in execution. The two weaknesses of the game are its semi-unfinished features (which I do have confidence will be changed) - such as the leveling system, giving players just a little more info about the game mechanics, and more group-friendly features - and its somewhat small player base (but obviously the game just came out). I do hope more players will continue to pick up this game. At $20, it's a steal, and I can't think of any game I've played that has PvP that I would describe as being more fun (including MMO's, FPS's, RPG's).

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]