Forge PC

7.6

1. May 18, 2013
    Get on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which byGet on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which by this point you are probs outnumbered. Maps are awful and confusing, it is very easy to get lost. Game modes are pointless, you have tdm, and a version of ctf which is just tdm with a couple of flags. The game had potential but it didn't deliver, nor will it, 51 players at peak times. Overpriced, no population, cheap mechanics, boring and stale gameplay. If you want to play a shooter go play a shooter there are countless better shooters out there, if you want to play mmorpg style pvp play an mmorpg, there are countless better mmorpgs out there. Do not get me wrong game may be good in 3v3 but pubs, which most people will be playing are an absolute joke. Expand
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    Pros:
    -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas.
    -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players. -6 unique classes to pick from -Interesting leveling system, that revolves around changing stats, and not improving overall as we're used with mmo Cons: -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself -Hard to get into if you're totally new to
    Pros:
    -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas.
    -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players.
    -6 unique classes to pick from

Cons:
    -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself
    -Hard to get into if you're totally new to WoW arenas (for example)
    -Nothing to offer besides Arena or Battlegrounds to speak in WoW terms no story and no PvE.
    -The arenas sometime feel to big and sometimes feel too small, I never had the feeling that it was the proper size.

Side Notes:
    -Game reminds me of Rakion: Chaos Force, just because it's real time skill based combat, but it resembles more with Guild Wars in mind.
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    Forge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignoresForge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignores for many reasons that aren't always true: for starters, we have some classes that may seem to do more damage than the others (like the pathfinder) and that some may not even use at all (like the warden), however the balance is noticeable whenever you try to fight in a real battle instead: each class HAS a definitive weakness against certain type of "attacks" and they all have a weakspot that avoids to render them "OP" (for example, while the Pathfinder is very strong, he has almost no pushbacks but only slows, or the Warden that even if has low attack, she gets strong the more she's in combat, making her a real tank in battles). Another problem is that the learning curve can be steep and it's definitely not a game that you can learn in a few hours: each class requires some time to learn and considering the game encourages you to move and jump, you can see that knowing your class isn't the only thing that you'll need to master, but also the enviroment, something that not in many PvP games is done (for example, the forest level has a lot of places in high spots: perfect for pathfinders and ravagers to lure and attack). So for both reasons above, the game can be extremely hard to learn...but once you do, you'll just enjoy of your results and you'll see everything much clearer, that Forge is a game that repays the time you put it in.

But like I said, the game is often ignored.

The main reasons are often that, while being only 20 euros, the game is actually pretty empty, and because of the reasons above: people will lose often due to the steep learning curve and because some classes being abused and some being ignored (I'm often the only player being a Shaman, and Shaman is the only healer of the game). Not only that, veteran players (the few of them) tend to be extremely elitistic and tend to discourge new players on playing the game, because they simply aren't as experienced as them, but then they get annoyed and leave the game soon after. The game, in other words, tend to be unwelcoming to newcomers, both in community and in gameplay, but once again if you pass over these issues, you get a really good game to play, especially if you have friends, because it rewards you for team work and for how good you know your class. Sure, you'll fail at first, as in any multiplayer game, but the more you learn, the better you get, the more fun you'll have. And that's why I gave it an 8, because this game is like an unpolished diamond: people will only see the dirty and the uglyness of the surface, but only those few dedicated players who will try to continue will polish it deeply. And if you get a diamond out of it, it's up to the player's decision.
  4. Dec 9, 2012
    Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased.Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased. And with the lack of "Blowing Cooldowns", fights are epic and you actually have to think instead of pressing a seven line macro and then one-shotting someone. It is definitely a must play. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.

I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places, very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library. Audio quality and game performance still need some work, which is why I deducted a point, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta).
  6. Dec 25, 2012
    Based solely on gameplay, Forge would be a 10/10. Its PvP is balanced, fun, exciting, and can melt the hours away. Once they put in some more features, such as a party system (and generally more group-friendly features) and a little more info on your screen (such as showing which debuffs you currently have on), the game will easily be a 10. They also have not yet implemented theirBased solely on gameplay, Forge would be a 10/10. Its PvP is balanced, fun, exciting, and can melt the hours away. Once they put in some more features, such as a party system (and generally more group-friendly features) and a little more info on your screen (such as showing which debuffs you currently have on), the game will easily be a 10. They also have not yet implemented their leveling system fully, but based on the updates so far I do believe they will continue to flesh out these kinds of (important) features (I played the beta when I was a backer through Kickstarter, and the game has come a long way in just a couple months).

Why is Forge PvP so much fun? There is no grinding (it literally doesn't exist in the game, as leveling only gives you sidegrades, rather than a definitive advantage). There is no currency. Each class feels balanced and unique, with a relatively small number of skills each. You also don't need to worry about out-playing someone else, only to lose because they have better gear. Gameplay feels tight and balanced: the UI is responsive (ie, healing shows an instant effect on others' health - not always the case with other MMO's I've tried), cooldowns are appropriate and don't feel overpowered or useless. Players have good feedback about whether their abilities have landed properly. Sounds and effects feel pretty polished. Each class has a defined role and is good at what it's intended to do. And the fundamental idea behind Forge - that you need to aim each ability (except a few AoE abilities) - is good in concept and in execution. The two weaknesses of the game are its semi-unfinished features (which I do have confidence will be changed) - such as the leveling system, giving players just a little more info about the game mechanics, and more group-friendly features - and its somewhat small player base (but obviously the game just came out). I do hope more players will continue to pick up this game. At $20, it's a steal, and I can't think of any game I've played that has PvP that I would describe as being more fun (including MMO's, FPS's, RPG's).
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out.One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  8. Dec 13, 2012
    It shouldn't be permitted to sell such an unfinished product. I expected much better considering this has been a top seller on steam for over a week. This game is easily a year from being playable. Within the first 2 hours of playing I crashed to desktop twice, had to repeat the tutorial 3 times due to servers issues, and had to wait for a hotfix patch just to play with others (error:It shouldn't be permitted to sell such an unfinished product. I expected much better considering this has been a top seller on steam for over a week. This game is easily a year from being playable. Within the first 2 hours of playing I crashed to desktop twice, had to repeat the tutorial 3 times due to servers issues, and had to wait for a hotfix patch just to play with others (error: servers are full & error: invalid login).
    The combat is promising, but currently it seems very limited and dull. Linear game play with few strategies. Games like Guild Wars 1 & 2, Rift, and Smite, have similar combat (specifically no-grind equal footing PvP) but are much more expansive on strategy options, not to mention a more polished product.
  9. Jan 16, 2013
    In short, this game has potential in that it is centered around what I consider to be the best part of the big MMO's: the PVP arena. However, everything from the targeting, interface, and lack of visceral feedback make this game feel like an alpha, and I regret having made the purchase.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    Forge is currently unfinished, although there is a solid foundation built for what could potentially shape up to be a solid game. The developers have a lot of plans ahead of them and are promising an amazing game but it's too early to tell if they're going to be able to hit their mark or not.

There are no doubt problems with the game. There is currently no way to heal yourself outside of combat except for a limited amount of small heal shrines located around the map. This means that victory usually goes to the team with more healers. This also means that most times it's easier and more effective to simply suicide when at 50% health or lower than to try to escape or find these shrines to do healing.

The classes are varied and interesting, taking great influence from WoW and other AAA titles in terms of classic RPG abilities. The combat is hotbar based similar to WoW, except there is a soft locking FPS style aiming for abilities. Also, it's advertised as an MMO but it's absolutely anything but. Think CoD matchmaking in a fantasy setting.
  11. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge can really become a truly great PvP game. Unfortunately it had to launch lacking a few features but the developers are very active in the community and are committed to making it the game they want it to be.

As it stands now there are a few small bugs and balance issues, but nothing that ruins the enjoyment of the game. I'm really enjoying the hours I've put in to it so far even though many of the features are still "coming soon".
  12. Dec 5, 2012
    Lots of promise but horribly imbalanced, and I definitely should not be asked to pay for the game in the current state. It's early beta testing honestly. Check back in 6 months
  13. Dec 27, 2012
    If you like good PvP, with varitys of skills, and fast like an FPS, Forge is your Fix. At the moment the game is in an early stages, but it needs every support from good PVP'lers it can get.
  14. Dec 22, 2012
    Very fun for the PvP inclined. Admittedly it launched minus several features, but it provides enough fun to make it worth the purchase before they're available.
  15. Dec 31, 2012
    An interesting game but unfun gameplay. Teams are often imbalanced which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that once the attacking team reaches the other's spawn, spawn camping ensues. At this point, it is mostly a waiting game for the losing team to leave or wait for 40 team deaths to occur, which rarely occurs before the timer runs out in TDM. Be prepared to enjoy 20 minutesAn interesting game but unfun gameplay. Teams are often imbalanced which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that once the attacking team reaches the other's spawn, spawn camping ensues. At this point, it is mostly a waiting game for the losing team to leave or wait for 40 team deaths to occur, which rarely occurs before the timer runs out in TDM. Be prepared to enjoy 20 minutes of thrilling spawn, death, spawn, death action. Arena is no better - this gametype consists of playing one of the stealth classes so you can run away and wait out the timer.
    What makes this game so frustrating is that these flaws could be fixed within minutes but so far the solutions the developers have come up with are half-assed.
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    This game reminds me of WoW's PvP but without all of the MMO trappings. Its a mediocre game. Really nothing else to add. Except I have to have 150 characters to post it.
  17. Jul 21, 2013
    Not worth a dime.
    1) Use of gamepad during tutorial put me in dev mode.
    2) Connecting to a server loaded me for client side play but not server side.
    3) After death, never respawned in multiplayer.
    4) Change class from Shaman to Assassin doesn't change classes.

Actually worse than free to play.
  18. Dec 12, 2012
    Forge is very mobile & vertical team-oriented RPG third person combat, similar to MMO PvP. The devs launched through Greenlight because their 300k Kickstarter failed so it's a bit raw right now but there are a ton of updates scheduled. New maps, new classes, new game modes, Steam matchmaking, skins and gameplay balances are lined up so far. Worth picking up if you can look past theForge is very mobile & vertical team-oriented RPG third person combat, similar to MMO PvP. The devs launched through Greenlight because their 300k Kickstarter failed so it's a bit raw right now but there are a ton of updates scheduled. New maps, new classes, new game modes, Steam matchmaking, skins and gameplay balances are lined up so far. Worth picking up if you can look past the problems it has currently with UI & functionality issues. Expand
  19. Dec 4, 2012
    Great game for people who want to have some multiplayer fun and don't want to bother with a tedious level grind. The controls are extremely smooth, graphics are amazing, and maps are balanced. Please go pick this game up.
  20. Dec 8, 2012
    FORGE has completely brand-new types of game. Class-based skill combat system is feel very impressive to me . If you likes PVP modes of MMORPG, you must get this game.
  21. Dec 14, 2012
    Great graphics,great gameplay and generally great mass PvP game!This is the game for all the PvP lovers.i just hope for more classes,maps and people to join...
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game,Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game, well worth a try. Expand
  23. Dec 9, 2012
    Unfinished, rushed and lacking content. Seems criminal to charge full price. Save your money, and pick up something finished and worthy of your money!
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a game with a lot of potential and developers very active with the community. It doesn't have an open world and is light on MMO features right now, but the gameplay is solid.
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    Gameplay.. nice, skillsystems/cosmetical systems.. great, replayabilty without getting bored.. meh.
    With friends its great but doing solo there isnt a massive amont of content keeping you addicted.
  26. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a truly truly great PvP Game you jump in play the Game and just forget the Time that's what a good game should do too you. You just want too play more. Smooth Graphics, Nice Artworks, Interesting Game Mechanics and Devs which actually care about the game :)! Try it out you cant go wrong :)! Get it on Steam Today while its hot =)!
  27. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge has alot promise and might have bright future as great PvP-oriented game. Sadly, its still way too incomplete to offer any incentive to keep playing other than few matches and is filled with small bugs, nothing gamebreaking, but annoying ones(So called "Domino effect" in particular). Given time, those small annoyances will probably be fixed(along the reward system). Id also like toForge has alot promise and might have bright future as great PvP-oriented game. Sadly, its still way too incomplete to offer any incentive to keep playing other than few matches and is filled with small bugs, nothing gamebreaking, but annoying ones(So called "Domino effect" in particular). Given time, those small annoyances will probably be fixed(along the reward system). Id also like to see the game gathering larger playerbase, as now its hard to have even 5v5 games. They could have also post-poned "Launch" that was 4.12.2012, as the game is nowhere ready to be launched.Concluding, i wish all well to developers and will continue monitoring developing progress. Expand
  28. Dec 10, 2012
    Game is an unfinished beta. Bad Developer support and should be a crime to charge people for it in it's current state. Don't waste your money, or if you do don't waste it for a few months until the game is finished.
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    For an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (moreFor an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (more classes, more game modes) I recommend getting your hands on this as soon as humanly possible. Expand
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a game I believe players with MMO backgrounds will enjoy immensely. It's much faster paced than an MMO and combines the precision demanded from a first person shooter with a familiar battleground environment. Rather than waiting in long queues as MMO players are used to, it throws you right into the fight without having to worry about gearing up your character. You gain experienceForge is a game I believe players with MMO backgrounds will enjoy immensely. It's much faster paced than an MMO and combines the precision demanded from a first person shooter with a familiar battleground environment. Rather than waiting in long queues as MMO players are used to, it throws you right into the fight without having to worry about gearing up your character. You gain experience points for doing well on your team and can spend them to swap points between armor types, energy / mana, and movement speed. Ability customization will be available soon, and so will arena mode, new classes, game modes, maps, emotes, and a lot more. Give Forge a shot, it has a lot of potential and has already forged a high reputation among its community. Expand

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]