7.6

1. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is fun, but I feel like I'm playing an extended beta. Luckily, that beta is a great time. It's just unfortunate that most who purchase this game will probably neglect the potential and pass on it entirely. It's a shame, too, because Forge is a breath of fresh air. I just can't see the developers completing everything that needs to be added fast enough to keep the non-die-hard fan community around. Luckily, they've converted a fan, and I feel that most who give this game a shot will end up feeling as I do -- ready to wait for the great stuff the developers hopefully have coming down the pipeline. But, unfortunately, the developers have decided to release this game as "complete", ready to purchase on Steam. My score reflects that decision, reviewing it as a "complete" game, and not necessarily about how much I'm rooting for it from the sidelines.

Here's what we're missing right off the bat. Stats aren't explained, at all, nor is the leveling system in general... and it definitely needs a bit of an explanation. You can do some exploring on the forums, but that doesn't really solve your problem when you're hopping into a game trying to just get started. The tutorial (although helpful) feels brief and rushed. It taught me how to move, how to double-jump, and gave me a few static target dummies to wail on; it's a welcome feature, since I guess it didn't exist during the beta, but it's not going to help with the learning curve anytime soon. Teams seem poorly balanced, and this is mostly because people have no clue how to play (and those that pick up on it quickly [or were there for the beta] dominate, killing new players' motivation to continue)... Some cry imbalance in the chat, when in actuality, it's just this insane learning curve kicking their ass. They have no idea how the skills are actually executed and how each class is meant to be played. A bot-map would be a more suitable tutorial for gamers than what currently exists. Some of the abilities feel either useless or have too high of a cooldown to ever matter, at least with the class I decided to play. I was going on 12+ killstreaks and surviving for well over 7 minutes without dying as a Pathfinder using my traps, blind, and M1. It felt cheap, but it worked, and I only ended up dying because the other team decided to finally swarm me with a group of Assassins. You can't pick your preferred game type at the moment, nor can you pick from servers, which also means that you can't play with friends reliably... But all this said, the game IS quite fun to play. Let's get that point across firmly.

The maps are gorgeous and the character models are very detailed. Maneuvering your character around these expansive environments feels tight, and I wish all MMO's had a combat system like this. Some people have mentioned wanting a map... but I really hope that doesn't get put in. The way it is now reminds me of the old days where learning a map was more valuable than looking in the top-right corner. The double jump seemed ridiculous when I tried it in the tutorial. It became a life-saver once I was in-game. Players can't sprint indefinitely, but the stamina usage is so low it doesn't really matter, which is nice. Pubbers, including myself, will try to Rambo it up as soon as they start playing, and everything goes to hell since we're really not sure what the heck we're supposed to be doing... BUT... When a team syncs up well (and fights another team with the same luck), the combat and team-based gameplay really starts to shine. Shamans are a life-saver, keeping your team alive in exchange for taking a backseat to doing any relevant damage at all. Assassin's are a bag of tricks -- two of these catching you alone will almost always result in death if they get the drop on you. Wardens can take a punch while dealing out some pretty nice buffs for the party. Pathfinders and Pyromancers can take you out from afar, resulting in massive frustration (or great joy, if you're the one dealing out the damage). A team of these classes working together can pin another team to their spawn point with relative ease. Which is just downright wrong -- and needs addressed. Camping that spawn point is all too easy, even with the multiple exits on the maps.

So, is it worth $10 ($20 for two copies, at the moment)? Yeah. I'd say so, especially when they start fixing all the issues. Once this little Steam deal goes away and it retails for $20? If these issues haven't been addressed, I'd give it a firm hell-no. Just wait. But I guess the real problem here isn't that Forge has "issues". It's that the game is incomplete, a shell of its aspiring future self. I'm glad I'll be there to watch it finally realize itself -- I just hope there will still be a healthy group of players that see the potential and stick it through like I am.
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.

I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places,
    very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library. Audio quality and game performance still need some work, which is why I deducted a point, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta). Expand
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a truly truly great PvP Game you jump in play the Game and just forget the Time that's what a good game should do too you. You just want too play more. Smooth Graphics, Nice Artworks, Interesting Game Mechanics and Devs which actually care about the game :)! Try it out you cant go wrong :)! Get it on Steam Today while its hot =)!
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge has alot promise and might have bright future as great PvP-oriented game. Sadly, its still way too incomplete to offer any incentive to keep playing other than few matches and is filled with small bugs, nothing gamebreaking, but annoying ones(So called "Domino effect" in particular). Given time, those small annoyances will probably be fixed(along the reward system). Id also like to see the game gathering larger playerbase, as now its hard to have even 5v5 games. They could have also post-poned "Launch" that was 4.12.2012, as the game is nowhere ready to be launched.Concluding, i wish all well to developers and will continue monitoring developing progress. Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game, well worth a try. Expand
  6. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a game with a lot of potential and developers very active with the community. It doesn't have an open world and is light on MMO features right now, but the gameplay is solid.
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    Gameplay.. nice, skillsystems/cosmetical systems.. great, replayabilty without getting bored.. meh.
    With friends its great but doing solo there isnt a massive amont of content keeping you addicted.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    For an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (more classes, more game modes) I recommend getting your hands on this as soon as humanly possible. Expand
  9. Jan 4, 2013
    Incomplete game is incomplete.
  10. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge can really become a truly great PvP game. Unfortunately it had to launch lacking a few features but the developers are very active in the community and are committed to making it the game they want it to be.

As it stands now there are a few small bugs and balance issues, but nothing that ruins the enjoyment of the game. I'm really enjoying the hours I've put in to it so far even
    though many of the features are still "coming soon". Expand
  11. Dec 5, 2012
    Developers really understand the mind set of their target audience. If you want a PvP oriented MMO that isn't another job, this is the game for you. The development team is very closely connected with their community and really understand what a PvP oriented MMO should look like. The movement in the game is fantastic and there is no tab targetting. There are still a few things that need to be implemented, but those things are expected to be implemented shortly. The overall outlook on this game is fantastic. I have really enjoyed playing it over the past few weeks. I haven't been this excited about a game in a while. Expand
  12. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is a fresh breath to the pvp MMO scene. The basis of the game is a great idea: take the aiming, competition, and skill of an FPS and add the depth, movement, and complexity of MMO combat. Add this to the idea that the devs "get" that competitive pvp shouldn't be about a grind or about who has better gear, and you have a great foundation for a game. The devs also understand that a game like this can't have zero progression and still have a leveling system, similar to say call of duty, that allows progression to give players more options, but not necessarily a clear advantage over newer players. To say it simple: the devs simply "get it."

Let's talk about the dev team. They clearly are a group of competitive pvp players who decided to make a game they wanted to play and could envision but wasn't on the market. They made the game, not with the mind set of making money like the big gaming companies, but to make a game that was spectacular and fun to play. This can be scene in the low price of the game, and the lack of external money from big gaming companies. They did not want to receive external money because it would mean they couldn't do exactly what they wanted to do to make the game they envisioned. Further, the devs are very interactive with the community, they don't dodge questions like our companies, and they understand what true competitive pvp'ers want.

Let's talk about the game. Yes, as many have mentioned, the game isn't finished. Some people have mentioned that they feel they have been ripped off because they bought a game that wasn't completely finished. To this I say, you paid 1/3 the price of what normal games sell for, and you are definitely getting more than 1/3 of a game, so there is no way you can say you got ripped off. The company is not funded by big gaming corporations, so they needed to release it at this stage to fund what they want to do next with the game. The company is very fair and are not attempting to rip off people.

The game has great graphics and amazing game play -- its fast, skill based, and addictive. As with many others, I am looking forward to future additions like more skills per class, more classes, ranked arenas, more game types, and maybe even some sort of open world pvp environment. Since the company decided to not do pve, their complete focus is on pvp, and I feel like for the first time this will allow a company to not neglect the pvp part of an MMO. The game has great fundamentals that the dev team can easily expand on, and they are already in the progress of doing this. So the bottom line is that this game is definitely worth buying if you are looking for a competitive pvp MMO game, and will continue to get better and better in the near future.
  13. Dec 6, 2012
    An interesting MMO PVP game without the MMO part, the game itself has a few bugs, and seems a little more like a beta at the moment, but the developers have promised updates and patches.
  14. Dec 6, 2012
    I used to be a 2200 rogue on KT in wow. pvped for about 8 hours a day because i loved it. since i have work/school now i don't have the luxury of time that i used to. I picked up this game a little while ago. has great promise. new classes being added along with other things to customize every individual character. i suggest you play the free trial if they have one. hit me up ingame, im 13/f/ny lf bbc. Expand
  15. Dec 9, 2012
    Unfinished, rushed and lacking content. Seems criminal to charge full price. Save your money, and pick up something finished and worthy of your money!
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a game I believe players with MMO backgrounds will enjoy immensely. It's much faster paced than an MMO and combines the precision demanded from a first person shooter with a familiar battleground environment. Rather than waiting in long queues as MMO players are used to, it throws you right into the fight without having to worry about gearing up your character. You gain experience points for doing well on your team and can spend them to swap points between armor types, energy / mana, and movement speed. Ability customization will be available soon, and so will arena mode, new classes, game modes, maps, emotes, and a lot more. Give Forge a shot, it has a lot of potential and has already forged a high reputation among its community. Collapse
  17. Dec 4, 2012
    Game with big potential and active developers. It's fast, frenzied and brutal! If you enjoy team based combat and intense skill-based PvP you must try this game.
  18. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is definitely a unique game. The game is one of the best ideas in a while, taking the best of all genres and combine them together. The devs are smart, industry professionals that plan to stay indie, so the players don't have to be worried about being pinched for pennies. The game has a ways to go before it is the best, but the devs are hard at work. Endless potential.
  19. Dec 6, 2012
    I think this game is exactly what i was looking for - Hardcore, skill-based multiplayer arena battles. I think 8 is OK while devs definitely should try to make this awesome game even awesomer ;)
  20. Aug 19, 2013
    Was a 7 at launch but now that it's F2P, i can't even give away the free copy i bought with my own copy, developers are as bad as the Warz dev censoring the forums and treating the pre launch buys like me as garbage, it's a cash grab now cause they can't get anyone to play there pay2win zerg fest of a game.
  21. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the greatest games ever. If you have ever been a WoW or a CS nerd, you will love this. Pure skill based PvP. Arena battles, stats and balanced classes. I would recommend you to try!
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Forge is currently unfinished, although there is a solid foundation built for what could potentially shape up to be a solid game. The developers have a lot of plans ahead of them and are promising an amazing game but it's too early to tell if they're going to be able to hit their mark or not.

There are no doubt problems with the game. There is currently no way to heal yourself outside
    of combat except for a limited amount of small heal shrines located around the map. This means that victory usually goes to the team with more healers. This also means that most times it's easier and more effective to simply suicide when at 50% health or lower than to try to escape or find these shrines to do healing.

The classes are varied and interesting, taking great influence from WoW and other AAA titles in terms of classic RPG abilities. The combat is hotbar based similar to WoW, except there is a soft locking FPS style aiming for abilities. Also, it's advertised as an MMO but it's absolutely anything but. Think CoD matchmaking in a fantasy setting.
  23. Dec 4, 2012
    Great game for people who want to have some multiplayer fun and don't want to bother with a tedious level grind. The controls are extremely smooth, graphics are amazing, and maps are balanced. Please go pick this game up.
  24. Dec 10, 2012
    Game is an unfinished beta. Bad Developer support and should be a crime to charge people for it in it's current state. Don't waste your money, or if you do don't waste it for a few months until the game is finished.
  25. Dec 5, 2012
    Amazing game. It's like a mix of oldschool unreal tournament gameplay & WoW style fantasy pvp, fast and slightly technical. If you liked either of those games and you love pvp this is the game for you.
  26. Dec 5, 2012
    An amazing PVP game, with solid progression, taking a Solid TPS shooter and adding MMO stylings to it, and also the team developing seems to be very active, and has a clear vision, and like MMO's plans to continue releasing updates for the game including new classes, new skins etc. The low cost is truely makes this game an insane value, its ridiculously fun, and the active development means if its already this good only god knows how much better it can get.. haven't run into any bugs and the game feels balanced very well so they are taking care of their baby it seems.

I was looking forward to the companions i really hope that they get to add them into the final game soon.
  27. Dec 6, 2012
    a really fun game, its like the wow battlegrounds but without op classes and imbalanced equip. only skill.
    but its too soon to release it andit could be the best game of the year if they chose f2p model
  28. Dec 8, 2012
    If you like some PVP game with great dynamics and non-stop action and fun, then Forge is your game!
    For the things i saw in videos, Forge has a simple and functional matchmaking that allows you to to save a lot of time in queues (which is really annoying in other games), the characters are balanced (no OP characters :D ) and above all, they have > 9 < skills each, which make them really
    versatile.(btw, I just love the fact that you can make wall jumps *0*). If you want more information about Forge, check it out at steam website!! Expand
  29. Dec 25, 2012
    Based solely on gameplay, Forge would be a 10/10. Its PvP is balanced, fun, exciting, and can melt the hours away. Once they put in some more features, such as a party system (and generally more group-friendly features) and a little more info on your screen (such as showing which debuffs you currently have on), the game will easily be a 10. They also have not yet implemented their leveling system fully, but based on the updates so far I do believe they will continue to flesh out these kinds of (important) features (I played the beta when I was a backer through Kickstarter, and the game has come a long way in just a couple months).

Why is Forge PvP so much fun? There is no grinding (it literally doesn't exist in the game, as leveling only gives you sidegrades, rather than a definitive advantage). There is no currency. Each class feels balanced and unique, with a relatively small number of skills each. You also don't need to worry about out-playing someone else, only to lose because they have better gear. Gameplay feels tight and balanced: the UI is responsive (ie, healing shows an instant effect on others' health - not always the case with other MMO's I've tried), cooldowns are appropriate and don't feel overpowered or useless. Players have good feedback about whether their abilities have landed properly. Sounds and effects feel pretty polished. Each class has a defined role and is good at what it's intended to do. And the fundamental idea behind Forge - that you need to aim each ability (except a few AoE abilities) - is good in concept and in execution. The two weaknesses of the game are its semi-unfinished features (which I do have confidence will be changed) - such as the leveling system, giving players just a little more info about the game mechanics, and more group-friendly features - and its somewhat small player base (but obviously the game just came out). I do hope more players will continue to pick up this game. At $20, it's a steal, and I can't think of any game I've played that has PvP that I would describe as being more fun (including MMO's, FPS's, RPG's).
  30. Dec 5, 2012
    Lots of promise but horribly imbalanced, and I definitely should not be asked to pay for the game in the current state. It's early beta testing honestly. Check back in 6 months
  31. Dec 22, 2012
    Very fun for the PvP inclined. Admittedly it launched minus several features, but it provides enough fun to make it worth the purchase before they're available.
  32. Dec 12, 2012
    Forge is very mobile & vertical team-oriented RPG third person combat, similar to MMO PvP. The devs launched through Greenlight because their 300k Kickstarter failed so it's a bit raw right now but there are a ton of updates scheduled. New maps, new classes, new game modes, Steam matchmaking, skins and gameplay balances are lined up so far. Worth picking up if you can look past the problems it has currently with UI & functionality issues. Expand
  33. Dec 14, 2012
    Great graphics,great gameplay and generally great mass PvP game!This is the game for all the PvP lovers.i just hope for more classes,maps and people to join...
  34. Dec 4, 2012
    The game I've been looking and waiting for. Includes everything you'd want in an arena based PvP game, very balanced and fine tuned for a game in beta. Can't wait to see where it goes as I can see this game becoming very big on full release! Definitely recommend you check it out!
  35. Dec 5, 2012
    I played during the beta and I really recommend this game. It's fast, beautiful and the action is mind-blowing. This is not Pay-To-Win, all that matters is your skill. There are 5 classes - each one is very distinct and has a specific role on the battlefield. If you really like PvP games and want to have some fun - play "FORGE".
  36. Dec 5, 2012
    This game ticks all the boxes for me; fast and addictive game play, class-based strategy and stunning graphics all round. The progression system keeps me coming back for more and future game-modes that cater for the more competitive players sound great! Sure, some more advanced features are missing right now - but all the basics are there. And if the beta experience is anything to go by, the developers will be right there listening to feedback and pumping out the updates regularly.
    This one will certainly be getting a lot of playtime!
  37. Dec 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A nice game with fast gameplay but still room for improvement. Better played with friends. Expand
  38. Dec 5, 2012
    Saw the first gameplay review on youtube and fell in love with it. It looks beautiful and the whole 3rd person pvp style is very unique. To me, it looks like a mix of GW2 and Gears of War. I cant wait to get my hands ahold of this game and tear up some pvp. The leveling system is very unique and in depth which will keep me playing for a long time.
  39. Dec 6, 2012
    Forge looks like a fast pvp arena style, and I enjoy this type of game so much, it's so different from the usual games, I haven't played yet, but im willing to do!
  40. Dec 6, 2012
    This game looks amazing, a complete PvP game! It has everything one game needs to be a total success! of course the company have much more to do, fixing some issues, balancing all classes even more, more maps, modes, guilds, etc, but definitely this game will rock!
  41. Dec 6, 2012
    A game with solid, innovative mix of FPS and MMO combat without the grind, and a design philosophy around balance that warms my heart. The game lacks many basic features at the moment such as community features and server browsing, yet it is promised to come soon, and with developers who are so in touch with the community, I don't mind the wait. Very distinct classes, varied maps that change your style of play (although few at the moment) and fantastic gameplay make up for the little bits and pieces to come into place. With time this game will certainly climb from a 7. Expand
  42. Dec 6, 2012
    A mix between MOBA gender and a MMO game with action combat. The game has a lot of potentional and can become one of the most played games of the world if developed properly.
  43. Dec 9, 2012
    The Good: The game is very well put together. From what I have seen that the game looks like it's Taken TF2, WoW BG/RBG/Arena systems (let alone the ability system), Guild Wars 1 & 2 PvP elements, and then had a ingenious child named Forge. Spells are unique from what I've seen in many class based shooters such as Vindictus for example. I enjoy the fact that every class has their damaging abilities, as well as their survivability abilities (Movement speed increase, Defense increase, Flying into the air and shooting yourself rather far away from the fray). And let alone the graphics are just stunning. I was highly impressed when I found out that this game was running the Unreal 3 engine. I've only gotten to witness the engine myself and that was on Hawken. The Bad: From what I've seen from forum posts, and videos is that it's highly team dependent. I understand that this is how the game was created for that general intention is to stay with your team, and conquer the opposing team, but the fact that I can't stray off from the group and attempt a flank to weaken their defenses as an assassin per say, and I run into a group of 3, pick one off, and do a slight amount of damage to the other too foes, then begin to run away. Yes, I've made my escape and I've killed one of their enemies but my only way to regenerate my HP by myself is to grab the HP shrines. There's a total of 3 in each map and I understand one of them will respawn by the you pick up your second shrine, but I personally feel as if that each class should have its own form of health regeneration. I would be completely okay with a 10% health regeneration abilities. I do like the game a lot, and I'm highly impressed. It has its flaws but it's a recent release and I've seen that the game has been booming on the internet. I will buy it, and I will play it regularly. Not that it's popular, just for the sole fact that it's what I've been waiting for. A SOLID class based shooter that is being ran on a wonderful engine to make the gameplay beautiful, and smooth as butter. I do recommend this game to whomever is interested. I do say it's worth it, and I'd advise you to prepare for an extreme amount of PvP fun! Expand
  44. Dec 9, 2012
    If you are looking for a fast-paced PvP based game, try out Forge. With a competitive gameplay, you can choose among 5 classes, each one with a unique variety of skills. Use them along with your own strategies to outplay your enemy and win the game. Having his own mechanic, Forge can surpass all your expectations with a new and improved system including Wall Jump, Camouflage Swap and a delightful Spectate Mode. Don't forget to buy your own Forge available on Steam. Expand
  45. Dec 9, 2012
    Ok first off i like to say that i LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS GAME. It look beautiful and sounds like it has a solid fell of combat from many sources on YouTube. I am so eager to play this game because its a hybrid between wow and a fps which is a gamers dream. It also has that exciting combat system that makes it interesting and fresh. I love the fantasy aspect to the game as well because that is my style. I hear great things and see videos about how the combat flows as well as everyone is very diverse (class-wise). I saw someones tweet saying they were amazed by how great the game was so early since release. i highly recommend that everyone try this game especially at the great price they offer and help the underground video game scene out a little bit. I'm looking very forward to playing this game. Expand
  46. Dec 16, 2012
    I liked the PVP in World of Warcraft and enjoyed hours and hours competing against other teams. I think Forge is on the right way, the developers are doing a good job and the community is very friendly. I´ve been looking for a game like this since i quit World of Warcraft and well.... here it is ;). This game completely relies on skill. Get it on Steam or on their homepage ;)
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fantastic, hands down. If you're looking for competitive PvP in an MMO style setting, this game is for you. It has a "bit" of a learning curve, as in to do well, you need to memorize different abilities and other classes abilities and learn when to use them, but in any MMO who doesn't? It has smooth and appealing graphics and it's very fast paced. You won't go wrong with this game.
  48. Dec 20, 2012
    I'm normally a fan of games that are 'get in-play-get out' and don't require much time.
    It would have been easy for me to give this game a 3 or 4 rating based off of my experience of the first hour of gameplay. The tutorial isn't very clear and for learning 9 abilities for 5 classes, the tool tips for each class is a good paragraph read for a game that should be fast paced. I spent
    roughly 30 minutes in the tutorial just trying to figure out what abilities did and how to use them effectively. Then movement was introduced and they threw in 'wall jumping' to F the whole thing up. Its an effective way to navigate some areas of the map, but since this is a team based game, running off solo is a good way to get you killed.
    My first issue with the game was the key bindings. You start with the abilities being mapped to the keys just right of WASD, your basic movement keys. I have never, in my entire life needed to use those keys in any game I have ever played. My muscle memory wasn't developed for it so my first real games were just horrible because I would press buttons that weren't for the ability I wanted, or I pressed so far over that it did nothing. I highly recommend remapping the keys to something that suites your play style in games like LoL or your Rogue in WoW. A lot of people make the argument "Wow has 42 buttons and Forge only has 9" , but...I don't know ANYONE who plays WoW and has to hit all 42 buttons in 1 fight. Hell, the most i've ever had to press was 1, 2, 3..........9. 9 total buttons during combat. A lot of WoW abilities are buffs/out of combat abilities, and the rest are buttons one only presses on a proc, or class/race specific CDS that can only be used once every 2-3 minutes. It is an invalid argument to say that WoW is harder because it has more buttons. Forge requires you to use just about every single one of those 9 abilities in a span of about 15 seconds, you can get pretty flustered if you get jumped or targeted and need to do a ton of quick thinking.

The community inside the game is horrible. No one is supportive or tries to coach or give tips. Its just Noob this noob that. On the Forge website though, its a different story, a lot of players want to see this community grow and offer their support, tips and recommendations.

Currently, there is a level up system for each of the 5 classes that is only about 75% complete. Which is a bummer because it seems like that can really make the game unique. You get to level up your classes based off of the XP you gained while playing the game. Even better is that you can play 1 class, and use the xp gained form playing him, to level up a separate class. Once you really get the game figured out, the XP starts to flow like water into your stats. It is awarded to you similarly to how bonuses are awarded in Call of Duty: "Assisted X number of times" "X kills without dying", "lived Xmins without dying" "Survived from X amount of health"

One downside I am seeing is the ability to select a server. There are multiple game types (Team DeathMatch, CTF, and arena) but you don't get to choose from a server which game you'd like to join. When you choose your gametype you Do get placed in a match rather quickly, but most often times you are thrown into a match you just quit because the other team is just 5 assassins running around, or there's a player on the other team that just won't shut their mouth. You just have to exit and keep trying until you get into a new match.

One thing that game me a good laugh was that the creators believe this game is balanced....yet everyone pretty much only plays the assassin class. Its obvious to see why, but its also ridiculous if you have 50% of your player base playing one of the 5 available classes (6th one supposibly on the way along with a new map or two and new gametypes)

In my current state of how well or bad I play this game, a 7 is the best I can give. I could see me boosting this up to an 8 if leveling up seemed worth while (or maybe I just don't understand it, there's no help in figuring out what the benefits are) and server filters can be used.

The game has a tiny community from my perspective, and i'd like to see it get huge, because I really want more than 5v5 or 6v6. I want 12v12.
  49. Dec 20, 2012
    Forge is an amazing concept with a lot of potential. As it stands currently, the game does in fact lack certain features, however I don't feel that this outweighs its strengths. The combat system in Forge breathes fresh air into the genre while also allowing for more exciting styles of play not possible with the conventional tab target system. Levels are designed with a lot of verticality due to original mechanics such as wall jumping and the Pyromancer's "rocket jump", adding a skill factor in movement itself. Forge is very visually appealing. All in all, with new features coming soon along with several classes and gamemodes, I think Forge presents a very strong experience for anyone who enjoys Guild Wars, Wow arena or role based competitive pvp in general. Expand
  50. May 18, 2013
    Get on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which by this point you are probs outnumbered. Maps are awful and confusing, it is very easy to get lost. Game modes are pointless, you have tdm, and a version of ctf which is just tdm with a couple of flags. The game had potential but it didn't deliver, nor will it, 51 players at peak times. Overpriced, no population, cheap mechanics, boring and stale gameplay. If you want to play a shooter go play a shooter there are countless better shooters out there, if you want to play mmorpg style pvp play an mmorpg, there are countless better mmorpgs out there. Do not get me wrong game may be good in 3v3 but pubs, which most people will be playing are an absolute joke. Expand
  51. Dec 9, 2012
    Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased. And with the lack of "Blowing Cooldowns", fights are epic and you actually have to think instead of pressing a seven line macro and then one-shotting someone. It is definitely a must play. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Expand
  52. Dec 13, 2012
    It shouldn't be permitted to sell such an unfinished product. I expected much better considering this has been a top seller on steam for over a week. This game is easily a year from being playable. Within the first 2 hours of playing I crashed to desktop twice, had to repeat the tutorial 3 times due to servers issues, and had to wait for a hotfix patch just to play with others (error: servers are full & error: invalid login).
    The combat is promising, but currently it seems very limited and dull. Linear game play with few strategies. Games like Guild Wars 1 & 2, Rift, and Smite, have similar combat (specifically no-grind equal footing PvP) but are much more expansive on strategy options, not to mention a more polished product.
  53. Jan 16, 2013
    In short, this game has potential in that it is centered around what I consider to be the best part of the big MMO's: the PVP arena. However, everything from the targeting, interface, and lack of visceral feedback make this game feel like an alpha, and I regret having made the purchase.
  54. Dec 31, 2012
    An interesting game but unfun gameplay. Teams are often imbalanced which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that once the attacking team reaches the other's spawn, spawn camping ensues. At this point, it is mostly a waiting game for the losing team to leave or wait for 40 team deaths to occur, which rarely occurs before the timer runs out in TDM. Be prepared to enjoy 20 minutes of thrilling spawn, death, spawn, death action. Arena is no better - this gametype consists of playing one of the stealth classes so you can run away and wait out the timer.
    What makes this game so frustrating is that these flaws could be fixed within minutes but so far the solutions the developers have come up with are half-assed.
  55. Jul 21, 2013
    Not worth a dime.
    1) Use of gamepad during tutorial put me in dev mode.
    2) Connecting to a server loaded me for client side play but not server side.
    3) After death, never respawned in multiplayer.
    4) Change class from Shaman to Assassin doesn't change classes.

Actually worse than free to play.
  56. Dec 5, 2012
    To be honest I'm not really a person that goes out of my way for games like this and seeing that I am just for a copy of the game means that this game caught my attention.The fact that it's PVP oriented and it some what reminds me of both Call of Duty and Guild Wars 2, It made me REALLY interested in playing. Now what i've notice about it is that it's quite not so good good to me not in a bad way but in a way where as, certain stuff aren't available as yet. And I don't have a problem with that, it just got released this is expected. The thing I like about it is, it makes me want to play it more, want to crave that feeling I've always missed when I kill a player or play with players on a team. It gets my adrenaline rushing, making bot my brain and my body work, now thats something.. I like how this game requires strategy to win and not just pull up a keyboard and roll my face on it to win lol. I don't want to write a boring ass essay, but this game has ALOT of potential and surprisingly I see the staffs are actually active and talks with it's community, thats a +1 from me. Sad thing is if I was able to pay I would have bought it long ago but, Bahamas cards don't work online neither with paypal so sucks. The game play is just right, but I think the game would be better if it would've been released with more working functions and such... Well thatch just my 2 cents. Expand
  57. Dec 6, 2012
    This is really what it says it is: it's a RPG/FPS-like game. It's not actually firstperson but thirdperson. The FPS part in the description comes from the idea of being a relatively fast-paced class-based game, while on the fantasy/"MMO"RPG area. The game itself has a huge potential, but I won't rate them more than 7 since they have yet to polish it a lot.
  58. Dec 7, 2012
    It looks amazing. This game mix fps/rpg/mmo, all we need! propably will be a total success!! with some workout, there we go! Forge, the game of year!!
  59. Dec 7, 2012
    Forge seem to be a really great PvP game, with a solid gameplay and one of the best class balance i've ever seen. Developers seem really active to fix problems and hear players issue or suggestion, that is really great especially when you see devs of other games that just don't care.
  60. Dec 7, 2012
    This game seems like it has immense potential. However, that said with new classes and new powers in the works; it really seems like it has potential to surpass even guild wars 2 as my go-to game for PvP fun! I love the TF2 feel of this game. I feel like more objective-style maps (a-la-tf2) would greatly expand this game's audience. I personally am not a fan of there currently being no way to self-heal yourself which is the only thing stopping me from giving this game a 10/10. Even world of warcraft has recently realized that people want to be able to heal themselves in some capacity. Guild wars 2 capitalized on this and has given everyone a way to do it. I do not enjoy relying on healers. If health-packs were placed in key locations on objective-based maps like TF2 it would be a 10/10 game for me. I am looking forward to playing this game with friends and family after the holidays. The developers are very active in listening to the community which is huge for such a community-oriented game! Expand
  61. Dec 7, 2012
    So far from what i can tell, this game brings in many aspects of the game industry, such as mmorpg, and tps(third person shooter). i see aspects from games such as wow, and darkfall. from what i can see from gameplay and details given by the companies website, this game shall stand close to the top of the new genre of MMOFPS games ( or TPS if you would like).
  62. Dec 8, 2012
    I have been looking for a game like Forge for quite some time now! I used to play WoW and I loved PVP but I had to stop because the game required far too much time just to be able to enjoy pvp. I like Forge because it is aiming to cut out the time/grind part of MMOs but still provide the PVP action! It really is taking MMO style PVP combat and mixing it with Team Fortress 2 type environment! It takes some time to learn all the abilities for each class and when to use each, but once you start getting the hang of it the game is really alot of fun. I do enjoy that you can create custom key bindings for each class so you can setup your characters how you want to. I got the game 2 days after it became available on Steam, and the options and gameplay are very limited so far, but from what I have read they will be releasing more soon so I am hopeful. Great game so far! Expand
  63. Dec 8, 2012
    Rly expect so much from this game. Since I'm WoW player and I love PvP this game was choice number one for me. It has a potential to be a massive game for many people if developers can handle (and I hope so). Looking forward to play this game.
  64. Dec 9, 2012
    Ive been looking for a new fresh take on pvp games that myself and friends could play together and at a glance this looks exactly what I was looking for. Forge provides a new media of allowing friends to get together and have some fun. With beautiful, well crafted maps and fast paced real-time combat you are kept on your toes and it brings back the feeling of you win by skill not who grinds the most that Guild wars1 had.The classes are well crafted and each add an important element to the fight which helps keep teams balanced. Expand
  65. Dec 9, 2012
    Forge is a great mix between many MMO and FPS concepts. The energy/mana system along with a lot of the powers reflect many MMO's, while the aiming, action and gamemodes borrow many elements from FPS games. It has a bit of a learning curve at first with the multitude of different abilities and powers, but once you get it down all the different powers becomes one of it's best parts.

The
    action in Forge is truly chaotic, which at first is a bit confusing, but once again becomes after some getting used to, the chaos becomes pure fun. Since the developers had to release early to get more funds the game is pretty lean right now, but a lot more content is on the way with patches and updates, which will be frequent. Even so the game is still totally worth it, and will only get better. Expand
  66. Dec 9, 2012
    This game has everything to beat Darkfall on it's own terrain. Very nice classes, extreme fantasy world PVP, light MMO features, no need to farm/grind like beasts to enjoy the game.
  67. Dec 9, 2012
    I've been looking for this type of game for a long time. I loved WoW PvP and loved the Arenas. This gives me the best of not having a lot of time anymore to grind through the game and gear. There is still a lot of things that need to be added to the game but if all your looking for is that solid game play Forge is where you want to be. I also am grateful to see that there are Oceanic servers there as well so you actually get a good ping compared to many MMO's out there as I live in New Zealand. Expand
  68. Dec 9, 2012
    For those who really like a good pvp game based on player skills more than you´ll definitly want to take a shot on Forge !! It has nice graphics and fun for pvp most then all !
    Take ur try, you will have fun for sure !
  69. Dec 9, 2012
    Not something for pve fans, but for those who are looking for mmo pvp action, this is the game to nab. It skips the grinding of other mmos and puts you straight into fighting. Looks nice and the combat is pretty fun. The only thing that seems to hold it back is the fact it feels like it is still in beta, but it seems like the developers intend to put the time into it to bring it where a game labeled as launched should be. It's worth picking up as it is currently, and I imagine it is only going to get better. Expand
  70. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge looks be a really great pvp game, and i'm looking for a game where the pvp is priority, only for fun. I have not play forge yet but i really want to play..!
  71. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge is a beautiful PvP game and you should all play it right now. The game is filled with potential and doesn't require any of the grind of an MMO while preserving a similar feel of gameplay. It's the perfect blend of MMO and the MOBA genres.
  72. Dec 11, 2012
    Best way to describe Forge...Team Fortress 2 had a baby with a fantasy MMO. It's pure PVP with 5 classes you choose from and can switch between during the match (Healer, Tank, Long Range DPS, Med Range DPS, and CQB DPS). The graphics are fantastic with wild animations for the various spells and effects. The world feels huge even though you only play in a small area of it. Combat is fast, if a bit confusing in large battles. The tutorial area is a great way to learn each classes abilities and practice with them before going against a live opponent. One of the few sad truths about this game is it's a beta build. There's just no way around that. You only have a quick play option at this time. The options for other game types are grayed out at this time. Class balance is also off a bit. Still it's a damn fun beta. That said this is a very polished beta and with the promise of updates from the devs this could turn out to be a very solid game. With the offer of 2 copies for $20 right now I would say it's a great deal for a very entertaining game. Expand
  73. Dec 15, 2012
    Forge has great mechanics, no question about it. I've been waiting for a game like this ever since I first played WoW arenas. I've suffered through a few disappointments since then, namely BLC and Diablo III - the latter of which never even had PvP implemented as promised. I had high hopes that Forge would be the game to blow me away and flush every other bad PvP experience away. Unfortunately, my expectations have not yet been met.

For the rest of this review, go here: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25320
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    I really like how the game is coming out so far but, like almost everyone else has said, I don't think this game was ready to be released, quite a bit of features are keeping this game from making it worth playing. hopefully they can work fast enough to make up for that and not lose any customers.
  75. Dec 24, 2012
    If you love PVP, you will love Forge. It makes GW2 pvp looks silly. Just didnt have 10 because it lacks skill customization, which is planned for the future btw.
  76. Dec 26, 2012
    Not a complete game, but its still awesome and amazingly balanced.
    Please do not listen to the critic reviews as they are idiots, for eg scoring diablo 3 (88).
  77. Jan 20, 2013
    Forge is quite simply the worst 20 dollars I have spent on a game.

78. Feb 7, 2013
    The game is not finished yet, it still feels like its in a beta stage. I got bored of it pretty quickly due to the lack of maps and players. The animations look dull and boring too. I just cant see how this game is worth its money when there are so many better games on the market, its a shame though i thought the concept of mmo pvp game with no grind was a great idea.
  79. Apr 28, 2013
    Pros: -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas. -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players. -6 unique classes to pick from -Interesting leveling system, that revolves around changing stats, and not improving overall as we're used with mmo Cons: -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself -Hard to get into if you're totally new to WoW arenas (for example)
    -Nothing to offer besides Arena or Battlegrounds to speak in WoW terms no story and no PvE.
    -The arenas sometime feel to big and sometimes feel too small, I never had the feeling that it was the proper size.

Side Notes:
    -Game reminds me of Rakion: Chaos Force, just because it's real time skill based combat, but it resembles more with Guild Wars in mind.
  80. Dec 27, 2012
    If you like good PvP, with varitys of skills, and fast like an FPS, Forge is your Fix. At the moment the game is in an early stages, but it needs every support from good PVP'lers it can get.
  81. Apr 24, 2013
    This game reminds me of WoW's PvP but without all of the MMO trappings. Its a mediocre game. Really nothing else to add. Except I have to have 150 characters to post it.
  82. Dec 8, 2012
    FORGE has completely brand-new types of game. Class-based skill combat system is feel very impressive to me . If you likes PVP modes of MMORPG, you must get this game.
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    The game is mix between alt tab and action combat like darkfall online since it has soft auto targeting when using projectiles, that is not very good for the melee heroes since the ranged heroes has some kind of advantage since they can snare you down and just kite you while blocking your charges or other gap closing skills. The game has good graphics and looks smooth. The maps look gorgeous and are fun to play in. Knowing it just released i cant comment on game modes but they promised more are coming same with customization which will make the game even more fun. Game needs more classes for class based pvp arena game, since people will probably get bored of the same 5 classes, tho you gotta master those and unlock different stuff which keeps you playing one class instead of bunny hoping between all of them. The biggest drawback for many people might be the lack of accomplishment progress, since lots of people like to gain something for playing more than few matches then and now, and since the main progress is not gonna be like in your normal mmorpgs people might avoid it, but those are the people that should know its arena based pvp game not your mmorpg with levels and grinds, this game is more like lol, dota or hon, you join a game get few fun matches and leave pc, easy and fast, no need to grind to be on the same level ,no outgearing you and so on makes it fun casual or even competitive game since it doesn't require lot of time to enjoy few matches. The lack of classes and the soft autotargeting for ranged (should use physics for bolts and other stuff instead of homing missles if you use ability when you have red dot on enemy) makes it solid 7,5 with ability to improve it to even 9-10's. Expand
  84. Dec 7, 2012
    Forge is a promising and fun casual PvP game right now. Closest similar experience for me is TF2 that I've played. Maps and classes are alright but matches really need more game modes and other stuff to do than just capturing the flag (tower). Controls do work and technically graphics and sounds are good enough for this type of game but nothing groundbreaking. At launch there are many choices grayed out at menu and you can only start Quick Play / random and it leaves bad beta feeling though more features are coming.. hopefully soon that players won't abandon game. Expand
  85. Dec 30, 2012
    I love the game-idea behind Forge. I don't enjoy farming at all, I don't have to in Forge :) . Also though you can earn XP and gain Levels this progress doesn't give you an increase of ability powers or healt or else. What you can do is shift around your Protection/Movement Speed/Maximum Resources points which helps you if you have already developed a strategy and arrange the points to support this.
    Also the Forum playforgewar.com is a really nice place where you get all questions answered and can help with your feedback to bring the updates on. All in all. 10
  86. Jan 4, 2013
    I decided to check this game out, since it went on sale for steam, and the video looked promising.

Excellent purchase, with amazing potential. This is the kind of game I want and have been looking for, and I think there are more like me. I am not disappointed, when I read the review from Escapist I almost decided against it, but I am sure glad I didn't take that feedback to heart!

Is the game "ready for release" I think so. Is it anywhere near its full potential? No, but there is some AMAZING potential here, the premise is fantastic, the combat system and play style just feel right and the meta game that will evolve as this games development progresses could provide entertainment for players and spectators alike... it is as fun to watch as it is to play.

It is lacking some features and polish, yes, but I am more than happy to give that a pass considering it is an indie game with a low entry cost and what I consider to be the important bits are there. The features which will appear as it moves forward will just put good meat on the bones.

If you like fast paced, well balanced, no RNG team based PVP with an unknown potential skill cap? Well, I don't think you will be disappointed, and for the price this Dev crew is worth supporting and you will more than get your moneys worth out of this game. Buy it, play it, love it!

I don't review things, in general I read, and just discuss things with my friends... but this game really drives me to want to spread the word and get people to jump in and give it a real play.... and I felt compelled to say something here.
  87. Jan 26, 2013
    This is a faith-based score--a score set with the firm belief that in time, this game will become what it has set out to become (and I have no reason to doubt that it will). Unfortunately, it is not yet that game. You, as a consumer, must do a few things with Forge: 1. Buy the game to support the work it will require to make this something incredible 2. Expect to wait a few months for it to become the game it is trying to become
    3. Return to it later, if necessary, and experience one of the best competitive games of this gaming era. If MMO PvP and Team Fortress 2 had a baby, it would have been born prematurely, and it would have been called Forge.

Don't pass over it as simply another failed project. They are making great strides already, and it has come a long way from even its launch several weeks ago. Support it and sit on it--consider it an investment a grand future that can only occur if your pledge is made. It's like a post-launch Kickstarter, in that way. It sounds absurd, but it offers more up front than a Kickstarter--you can immediately begin to play this beta of sorts, and you will even enjoy it immensely with the correct frame of mind.
  88. Aug 19, 2013
    worst game ever, i can't believe this is made for PC, how many fingers do you think a human have?
    the skill short cut goes 1 to 7, and even the basic attack have a shirt cut, for what?
    well the graphic is fine, but this, this isn't design for gameplay.

just don't wast your time.
  89. May 3, 2013
    This is a funny game, but there is a low amount of players playing, a few numbers of characters available, lots of bugs (my score and experience points are not changing) and there are only few game modes.
  90. May 4, 2013
    Personally, I think this game could destroy World of Warcraft and other games.. It has intense fights, great graphics and a very balanced fighting system, stunlocking someone is impossible, every class has one skill to keep someone out of combat for a short time, and also a skill to escape from a fight, every class has stacking DoT's (except for shaman's who's primary atk deals damage once and heals overtime (stacks 3 times)) the point i'm trying to make, the game is balanced, most people who repsond to this game porely are new to it and won't give it a chance, instead of instaneously complaining about a game, they should try the tutorials, and defenitly try the bot fights! These bot fights are not to be underestimated, everytime you kill every class in a difficulty it will set the difficulty level higher and higher, and truth be told, the hard bots don't go down lightly.. if you succeed in killing these bots, you know what class you prefer and what that class is capable of, you should join a real PvP battle, and if you still think the game is unbalanced, we can talk. But every class has something to counter all other classes, there is imo no class that's "OP". The only problem with forge in my opinion is not enough players who actually wanna spend time learning how the game works. If it's too hard, people complain, if it's too easy people complain, if it's a mediocre difficulty, people complain about no hard mode.. If more people would stay and give it a chance, and maybe ask the players who just creamed their asses for some advice, i think the game could be very big.. I actually buy the game for my closest friends, and i tell them if they honestly don't think it's a good game after a month of playing, then they don't have to repay me.. up till now, they've all payed me back! my summary: My favorite game so far! Expand
  91. Jul 26, 2013
    When it first came out it was quite a mess but now, after countless updates, it actually is a very balanced and enjoyable title that deserves a second chance.
    One of the most fun multiplayer titles to date gameplay-wise. Comparisons like tf2 and guild wars are easily made and are quite accurate. It's fast paced gameplay in a fantasy setting makes it stand out from the other contemporary titles.
  92. Jul 28, 2013
    IMO there is no true 10/10 for a game. However, this is as close as it gets for anyone who is a Hardcore PvP oriented player. Understand this is not an MMORPG this is an Arena PvP Tournament game based on skill and teamwork. At first the game can be daunting by the high level of skill and the massive amounts of lvls (99). This game however slows down and feels right in all the right places once you invest a few hours into it. Combat is smooth and rewarding, and wall jumping is truly the best feature in the game IMO. I expect great things form this especially since the game will be adopting a FTP style model soon. If a game is deserving of success and you are a Hardcore PvP fan then this is Home Sweet Home. Expand
  93. Aug 14, 2013
    I just can't seem to get into it. I feel like the combat is really weird and it feels quite buggy in some parts, for a PvP game it is kind of a big deal to me. But it's fun to play every once in a while.
  94. Jun 26, 2013
    Forge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignores for many reasons that aren't always true: for starters, we have some classes that may seem to do more damage than the others (like the pathfinder) and that some may not even use at all (like the warden), however the balance is noticeable whenever you try to fight in a real battle instead: each class HAS a definitive weakness against certain type of "attacks" and they all have a weakspot that avoids to render them "OP" (for example, while the Pathfinder is very strong, he has almost no pushbacks but only slows, or the Warden that even if has low attack, she gets strong the more she's in combat, making her a real tank in battles). Another problem is that the learning curve can be steep and it's definitely not a game that you can learn in a few hours: each class requires some time to learn and considering the game encourages you to move and jump, you can see that knowing your class isn't the only thing that you'll need to master, but also the enviroment, something that not in many PvP games is done (for example, the forest level has a lot of places in high spots: perfect for pathfinders and ravagers to lure and attack). So for both reasons above, the game can be extremely hard to learn...but once you do, you'll just enjoy of your results and you'll see everything much clearer, that Forge is a game that repays the time you put it in.

But like I said, the game is often ignored.

The main reasons are often that, while being only 20 euros, the game is actually pretty empty, and because of the reasons above: people will lose often due to the steep learning curve and because some classes being abused and some being ignored (I'm often the only player being a Shaman, and Shaman is the only healer of the game). Not only that, veteran players (the few of them) tend to be extremely elitistic and tend to discourge new players on playing the game, because they simply aren't as experienced as them, but then they get annoyed and leave the game soon after. The game, in other words, tend to be unwelcoming to newcomers, both in community and in gameplay, but once again if you pass over these issues, you get a really good game to play, especially if you have friends, because it rewards you for team work and for how good you know your class. Sure, you'll fail at first, as in any multiplayer game, but the more you learn, the better you get, the more fun you'll have. And that's why I gave it an 8, because this game is like an unpolished diamond: people will only see the dirty and the uglyness of the surface, but only those few dedicated players who will try to continue will polish it deeply. And if you get a diamond out of it, it's up to the player's decision.
  95. Jul 4, 2013
    One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  96. Jan 18, 2013
    A diamond in the rough for PvP fans:
    It's the kind of game where you can just log in, jump in a game within seconds and start to PvP!
    They have a small community so far, but already have a Mumble setup that you can find via the forums where you can chat with gamers, find teammates and even chat with the game devs!
    Once this game becomes more finished, and once more people find this game
    and the player base expands a bit more I feel it will deserve my 10/10 rating. Expand
  97. Jan 19, 2013
    This is the type of game i have been waiting for. I really love fantasy classes and combat but i do not want to spend the time getting to the highest level and getting the best gear just so i can enjoy pvp. This game is everything i could hope for, high action pvp in a fantasy setting. If there is any downside it would be the high learning curve, but in my opinion a high learning curve marks a good game and gives players a lot of room to be good based on their own personal ability and fighting tactics. Expand
  98. Apr 24, 2013
    Combining a S.W.T.O.R. P.V.P. system with unique and Innovative controls fun game play great community great level design. More people should play this game its really fun and one of the biggest highlights is the fantastic level design and the new patch is bringing even more great stuff for free should defiantly get this game if you like P.V.P.
  99. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is face paced and takes very little ramp up time reminds me of a team fortress with a MMO/World of Warcraft twist where you can gain levels and up your characters ability. I truly enjoy being able to mix between fantasy classes such as a Assasin, Cleric, Tank, Ranged Archer DPS, Ranged Mage DPS, and a Bruiser Play
  100. Apr 26, 2013
    I find the game very great and well made. It has a lot of potential. It is already rumored that it will be the ESL game par excellence.
    Since the new patch lots of news have come into force, give the game a final status. I find it charming and will continue to play it.
  101. Dec 4, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]