7.6

1. Dec 6, 2012
    This is really what it says it is: it's a RPG/FPS-like game. It's not actually firstperson but thirdperson. The FPS part in the description comes from the idea of being a relatively fast-paced class-based game, while on the fantasy/"MMO"RPG area. The game itself has a huge potential, but I won't rate them more than 7 since they have yet to polish it a lot.
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    So far from what i can tell, this game brings in many aspects of the game industry, such as mmorpg, and tps(third person shooter). i see aspects from games such as wow, and darkfall. from what i can see from gameplay and details given by the companies website, this game shall stand close to the top of the new genre of MMOFPS games ( or TPS if you would like).
  3. Dec 9, 2012
    Ive been looking for a new fresh take on pvp games that myself and friends could play together and at a glance this looks exactly what I was looking for. Forge provides a new media of allowing friends to get together and have some fun. With beautiful, well crafted maps and fast paced real-time combat you are kept on your toes and it brings back the feeling of you win by skill not whoIve been looking for a new fresh take on pvp games that myself and friends could play together and at a glance this looks exactly what I was looking for. Forge provides a new media of allowing friends to get together and have some fun. With beautiful, well crafted maps and fast paced real-time combat you are kept on your toes and it brings back the feeling of you win by skill not who grinds the most that Guild wars1 had.The classes are well crafted and each add an important element to the fight which helps keep teams balanced. Expand
  4. Dec 9, 2012
    For those who really like a good pvp game based on player skills more than you´ll definitly want to take a shot on Forge !! It has nice graphics and fun for pvp most then all !
    Take ur try, you will have fun for sure !
  5. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge looks be a really great pvp game, and i'm looking for a game where the pvp is priority, only for fun. I have not play forge yet but i really want to play..!
  6. Dec 11, 2012
    Best way to describe Forge...Team Fortress 2 had a baby with a fantasy MMO. It's pure PVP with 5 classes you choose from and can switch between during the match (Healer, Tank, Long Range DPS, Med Range DPS, and CQB DPS). The graphics are fantastic with wild animations for the various spells and effects. The world feels huge even though you only play in a small area of it. Combat is fast,Best way to describe Forge...Team Fortress 2 had a baby with a fantasy MMO. It's pure PVP with 5 classes you choose from and can switch between during the match (Healer, Tank, Long Range DPS, Med Range DPS, and CQB DPS). The graphics are fantastic with wild animations for the various spells and effects. The world feels huge even though you only play in a small area of it. Combat is fast, if a bit confusing in large battles. The tutorial area is a great way to learn each classes abilities and practice with them before going against a live opponent. One of the few sad truths about this game is it's a beta build. There's just no way around that. You only have a quick play option at this time. The options for other game types are grayed out at this time. Class balance is also off a bit. Still it's a damn fun beta. That said this is a very polished beta and with the promise of updates from the devs this could turn out to be a very solid game. With the offer of 2 copies for $20 right now I would say it's a great deal for a very entertaining game. Expand
  7. Apr 28, 2013
    Pros:
    -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas.
    -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players. -6 unique classes to pick from -Interesting leveling system, that revolves around changing stats, and not improving overall as we're used with mmo Cons: -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself -Hard to get into if you're totally new to
    Pros:
    -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas.
    -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players.
    -6 unique classes to pick from

Cons:
    -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself
    -Hard to get into if you're totally new to WoW arenas (for example)
    -Nothing to offer besides Arena or Battlegrounds to speak in WoW terms no story and no PvE.
    -The arenas sometime feel to big and sometimes feel too small, I never had the feeling that it was the proper size.

Side Notes:
    -Game reminds me of Rakion: Chaos Force, just because it's real time skill based combat, but it resembles more with Guild Wars in mind.
  8. Apr 24, 2013
    This game reminds me of WoW's PvP but without all of the MMO trappings. Its a mediocre game. Really nothing else to add. Except I have to have 150 characters to post it.
  9. May 3, 2013
    This is a funny game, but there is a low amount of players playing, a few numbers of characters available, lots of bugs (my score and experience points are not changing) and there are only few game modes.
  10. Aug 14, 2013
    I just can't seem to get into it. I feel like the combat is really weird and it feels quite buggy in some parts, for a PvP game it is kind of a big deal to me. But it's fun to play every once in a while.
  11. Aug 19, 2013
    Was a 7 at launch but now that it's F2P, i can't even give away the free copy i bought with my own copy, developers are as bad as the Warz dev censoring the forums and treating the pre launch buys like me as garbage, it's a cash grab now cause they can't get anyone to play there pay2win zerg fest of a game.
  12. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the greatest games ever. If you have ever been a WoW or a CS nerd, you will love this. Pure skill based PvP. Arena battles, stats and balanced classes. I would recommend you to try!
  13. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is fun, but I feel like I'm playing an extended beta. Luckily, that beta is a great time. It's just unfortunate that most who purchase this game will probably neglect the potential and pass on it entirely. It's a shame, too, because Forge is a breath of fresh air. I just can't see the developers completing everything that needs to be added fast enough to keep the non-die-hard fanForge is fun, but I feel like I'm playing an extended beta. Luckily, that beta is a great time. It's just unfortunate that most who purchase this game will probably neglect the potential and pass on it entirely. It's a shame, too, because Forge is a breath of fresh air. I just can't see the developers completing everything that needs to be added fast enough to keep the non-die-hard fan community around. Luckily, they've converted a fan, and I feel that most who give this game a shot will end up feeling as I do -- ready to wait for the great stuff the developers hopefully have coming down the pipeline. But, unfortunately, the developers have decided to release this game as "complete", ready to purchase on Steam. My score reflects that decision, reviewing it as a "complete" game, and not necessarily about how much I'm rooting for it from the sidelines.

Here's what we're missing right off the bat. Stats aren't explained, at all, nor is the leveling system in general... and it definitely needs a bit of an explanation. You can do some exploring on the forums, but that doesn't really solve your problem when you're hopping into a game trying to just get started. The tutorial (although helpful) feels brief and rushed. It taught me how to move, how to double-jump, and gave me a few static target dummies to wail on; it's a welcome feature, since I guess it didn't exist during the beta, but it's not going to help with the learning curve anytime soon. Teams seem poorly balanced, and this is mostly because people have no clue how to play (and those that pick up on it quickly [or were there for the beta] dominate, killing new players' motivation to continue)... Some cry imbalance in the chat, when in actuality, it's just this insane learning curve kicking their ass. They have no idea how the skills are actually executed and how each class is meant to be played. A bot-map would be a more suitable tutorial for gamers than what currently exists. Some of the abilities feel either useless or have too high of a cooldown to ever matter, at least with the class I decided to play. I was going on 12+ killstreaks and surviving for well over 7 minutes without dying as a Pathfinder using my traps, blind, and M1. It felt cheap, but it worked, and I only ended up dying because the other team decided to finally swarm me with a group of Assassins. You can't pick your preferred game type at the moment, nor can you pick from servers, which also means that you can't play with friends reliably... But all this said, the game IS quite fun to play. Let's get that point across firmly.

The maps are gorgeous and the character models are very detailed. Maneuvering your character around these expansive environments feels tight, and I wish all MMO's had a combat system like this. Some people have mentioned wanting a map... but I really hope that doesn't get put in. The way it is now reminds me of the old days where learning a map was more valuable than looking in the top-right corner. The double jump seemed ridiculous when I tried it in the tutorial. It became a life-saver once I was in-game. Players can't sprint indefinitely, but the stamina usage is so low it doesn't really matter, which is nice. Pubbers, including myself, will try to Rambo it up as soon as they start playing, and everything goes to hell since we're really not sure what the heck we're supposed to be doing... BUT... When a team syncs up well (and fights another team with the same luck), the combat and team-based gameplay really starts to shine. Shamans are a life-saver, keeping your team alive in exchange for taking a backseat to doing any relevant damage at all. Assassin's are a bag of tricks -- two of these catching you alone will almost always result in death if they get the drop on you. Wardens can take a punch while dealing out some pretty nice buffs for the party. Pathfinders and Pyromancers can take you out from afar, resulting in massive frustration (or great joy, if you're the one dealing out the damage). A team of these classes working together can pin another team to their spawn point with relative ease. Which is just downright wrong -- and needs addressed. Camping that spawn point is all too easy, even with the multiple exits on the maps.

So, is it worth $10 ($20 for two copies, at the moment)? Yeah. I'd say so, especially when they start fixing all the issues. Once this little Steam deal goes away and it retails for $20? If these issues haven't been addressed, I'd give it a firm hell-no. Just wait. But I guess the real problem here isn't that Forge has "issues". It's that the game is incomplete, a shell of its aspiring future self. I'm glad I'll be there to watch it finally realize itself -- I just hope there will still be a healthy group of players that see the potential and stick it through like I am.
  14. Dec 6, 2012
    This game looks amazing, a complete PvP game! It has everything one game needs to be a total success! of course the company have much more to do, fixing some issues, balancing all classes even more, more maps, modes, guilds, etc, but definitely this game will rock!
  15. Dec 6, 2012
    A game with solid, innovative mix of FPS and MMO combat without the grind, and a design philosophy around balance that warms my heart. The game lacks many basic features at the moment such as community features and server browsing, yet it is promised to come soon, and with developers who are so in touch with the community, I don't mind the wait. Very distinct classes, varied maps thatA game with solid, innovative mix of FPS and MMO combat without the grind, and a design philosophy around balance that warms my heart. The game lacks many basic features at the moment such as community features and server browsing, yet it is promised to come soon, and with developers who are so in touch with the community, I don't mind the wait. Very distinct classes, varied maps that change your style of play (although few at the moment) and fantastic gameplay make up for the little bits and pieces to come into place. With time this game will certainly climb from a 7. Expand
  16. Dec 6, 2012
    A mix between MOBA gender and a MMO game with action combat. The game has a lot of potentional and can become one of the most played games of the world if developed properly.
  17. Dec 20, 2012
    I'm normally a fan of games that are 'get in-play-get out' and don't require much time.
    It would have been easy for me to give this game a 3 or 4 rating based off of my experience of the first hour of gameplay. The tutorial isn't very clear and for learning 9 abilities for 5 classes, the tool tips for each class is a good paragraph read for a game that should be fast paced. I spent roughly 30 minutes in the tutorial just trying to figure out what abilities did and how to use them effectively. Then movement was introduced and they threw in 'wall jumping' to F the whole thing up. Its an effective way to navigate some areas of the map, but since this is a team based game, running off solo is a good way to get you killed.
    My first issue with the game was the key bindings. You start with the abilities being mapped to the keys just right of WASD, your basic movement keys. I have never, in my entire life needed to use those keys in any game I have ever played. My muscle memory wasn't developed for it so my first real games were just horrible because I would press buttons that weren't for the ability I wanted, or I pressed so far over that it did nothing. I highly recommend remapping the keys to something that suites your play style in games like LoL or your Rogue in WoW. A lot of people make the argument "Wow has 42 buttons and Forge only has 9" , but...I don't know ANYONE who plays WoW and has to hit all 42 buttons in 1 fight. Hell, the most i've ever had to press was 1, 2, 3..........9. 9 total buttons during combat. A lot of WoW abilities are buffs/out of combat abilities, and the rest are buttons one only presses on a proc, or class/race specific CDS that can only be used once every 2-3 minutes. It is an invalid argument to say that WoW is harder because it has more buttons. Forge requires you to use just about every single one of those 9 abilities in a span of about 15 seconds, you can get pretty flustered if you get jumped or targeted and need to do a ton of quick thinking.

The community inside the game is horrible. No one is supportive or tries to coach or give tips. Its just Noob this noob that. On the Forge website though, its a different story, a lot of players want to see this community grow and offer their support, tips and recommendations.

Currently, there is a level up system for each of the 5 classes that is only about 75% complete. Which is a bummer because it seems like that can really make the game unique. You get to level up your classes based off of the XP you gained while playing the game. Even better is that you can play 1 class, and use the xp gained form playing him, to level up a separate class. Once you really get the game figured out, the XP starts to flow like water into your stats. It is awarded to you similarly to how bonuses are awarded in Call of Duty: "Assisted X number of times" "X kills without dying", "lived Xmins without dying" "Survived from X amount of health"

One downside I am seeing is the ability to select a server. There are multiple game types (Team DeathMatch, CTF, and arena) but you don't get to choose from a server which game you'd like to join. When you choose your gametype you Do get placed in a match rather quickly, but most often times you are thrown into a match you just quit because the other team is just 5 assassins running around, or there's a player on the other team that just won't shut their mouth. You just have to exit and keep trying until you get into a new match.

One thing that game me a good laugh was that the creators believe this game is balanced....yet everyone pretty much only plays the assassin class. Its obvious to see why, but its also ridiculous if you have 50% of your player base playing one of the 5 available classes (6th one supposibly on the way along with a new map or two and new gametypes)

In my current state of how well or bad I play this game, a 7 is the best I can give. I could see me boosting this up to an 8 if leveling up seemed worth while (or maybe I just don't understand it, there's no help in figuring out what the benefits are) and server filters can be used.

The game has a tiny community from my perspective, and i'd like to see it get huge, because I really want more than 5v5 or 6v6. I want 12v12.
  18. Dec 6, 2012
    I think this game is exactly what i was looking for - Hardcore, skill-based multiplayer arena battles. I think 8 is OK while devs definitely should try to make this awesome game even awesomer ;)
  19. Dec 6, 2012
    An interesting MMO PVP game without the MMO part, the game itself has a few bugs, and seems a little more like a beta at the moment, but the developers have promised updates and patches.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    Forge is currently unfinished, although there is a solid foundation built for what could potentially shape up to be a solid game. The developers have a lot of plans ahead of them and are promising an amazing game but it's too early to tell if they're going to be able to hit their mark or not.

There are no doubt problems with the game. There is currently no way to heal yourself outside of combat except for a limited amount of small heal shrines located around the map. This means that victory usually goes to the team with more healers. This also means that most times it's easier and more effective to simply suicide when at 50% health or lower than to try to escape or find these shrines to do healing.

The classes are varied and interesting, taking great influence from WoW and other AAA titles in terms of classic RPG abilities. The combat is hotbar based similar to WoW, except there is a soft locking FPS style aiming for abilities. Also, it's advertised as an MMO but it's absolutely anything but. Think CoD matchmaking in a fantasy setting.
  21. Dec 31, 2012
    An interesting game but unfun gameplay. Teams are often imbalanced which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that once the attacking team reaches the other's spawn, spawn camping ensues. At this point, it is mostly a waiting game for the losing team to leave or wait for 40 team deaths to occur, which rarely occurs before the timer runs out in TDM. Be prepared to enjoy 20 minutesAn interesting game but unfun gameplay. Teams are often imbalanced which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that once the attacking team reaches the other's spawn, spawn camping ensues. At this point, it is mostly a waiting game for the losing team to leave or wait for 40 team deaths to occur, which rarely occurs before the timer runs out in TDM. Be prepared to enjoy 20 minutes of thrilling spawn, death, spawn, death action. Arena is no better - this gametype consists of playing one of the stealth classes so you can run away and wait out the timer.
    What makes this game so frustrating is that these flaws could be fixed within minutes but so far the solutions the developers have come up with are half-assed.
  22. Dec 7, 2012
    Forge seem to be a really great PvP game, with a solid gameplay and one of the best class balance i've ever seen. Developers seem really active to fix problems and hear players issue or suggestion, that is really great especially when you see devs of other games that just don't care.
  23. Dec 9, 2012
    Forge is a great mix between many MMO and FPS concepts. The energy/mana system along with a lot of the powers reflect many MMO's, while the aiming, action and gamemodes borrow many elements from FPS games. It has a bit of a learning curve at first with the multitude of different abilities and powers, but once you get it down all the different powers becomes one of it's best parts.

The

The action in Forge is truly chaotic, which at first is a bit confusing, but once again becomes after some getting used to, the chaos becomes pure fun. Since the developers had to release early to get more funds the game is pretty lean right now, but a lot more content is on the way with patches and updates, which will be frequent. Even so the game is still totally worth it, and will only get better.
  24. Dec 9, 2012
    This game has everything to beat Darkfall on it's own terrain. Very nice classes, extreme fantasy world PVP, light MMO features, no need to farm/grind like beasts to enjoy the game.
  25. Dec 9, 2012
    I've been looking for this type of game for a long time. I loved WoW PvP and loved the Arenas. This gives me the best of not having a lot of time anymore to grind through the game and gear. There is still a lot of things that need to be added to the game but if all your looking for is that solid game play Forge is where you want to be. I also am grateful to see that there are OceanicI've been looking for this type of game for a long time. I loved WoW PvP and loved the Arenas. This gives me the best of not having a lot of time anymore to grind through the game and gear. There is still a lot of things that need to be added to the game but if all your looking for is that solid game play Forge is where you want to be. I also am grateful to see that there are Oceanic servers there as well so you actually get a good ping compared to many MMO's out there as I live in New Zealand. Expand
  26. Dec 9, 2012
    Not something for pve fans, but for those who are looking for mmo pvp action, this is the game to nab. It skips the grinding of other mmos and puts you straight into fighting. Looks nice and the combat is pretty fun. The only thing that seems to hold it back is the fact it feels like it is still in beta, but it seems like the developers intend to put the time into it to bring it where aNot something for pve fans, but for those who are looking for mmo pvp action, this is the game to nab. It skips the grinding of other mmos and puts you straight into fighting. Looks nice and the combat is pretty fun. The only thing that seems to hold it back is the fact it feels like it is still in beta, but it seems like the developers intend to put the time into it to bring it where a game labeled as launched should be. It's worth picking up as it is currently, and I imagine it is only going to get better. Expand
  27. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge is a beautiful PvP game and you should all play it right now. The game is filled with potential and doesn't require any of the grind of an MMO while preserving a similar feel of gameplay. It's the perfect blend of MMO and the MOBA genres.
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    I really like how the game is coming out so far but, like almost everyone else has said, I don't think this game was ready to be released, quite a bit of features are keeping this game from making it worth playing. hopefully they can work fast enough to make up for that and not lose any customers.
  29. Dec 24, 2012
    If you love PVP, you will love Forge. It makes GW2 pvp looks silly. Just didnt have 10 because it lacks skill customization, which is planned for the future btw.
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game,Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game, well worth a try. Expand

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]