7.6

1. Dec 7, 2012
    So far from what i can tell, this game brings in many aspects of the game industry, such as mmorpg, and tps(third person shooter). i see aspects from games such as wow, and darkfall. from what i can see from gameplay and details given by the companies website, this game shall stand close to the top of the new genre of MMOFPS games ( or TPS if you would like).
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    For those who really like a good pvp game based on player skills more than you´ll definitly want to take a shot on Forge !! It has nice graphics and fun for pvp most then all !
    Take ur try, you will have fun for sure !
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge looks be a really great pvp game, and i'm looking for a game where the pvp is priority, only for fun. I have not play forge yet but i really want to play..!
  4. Dec 11, 2012
    Best way to describe Forge...Team Fortress 2 had a baby with a fantasy MMO. It's pure PVP with 5 classes you choose from and can switch between during the match (Healer, Tank, Long Range DPS, Med Range DPS, and CQB DPS). The graphics are fantastic with wild animations for the various spells and effects. The world feels huge even though you only play in a small area of it. Combat is fast,Best way to describe Forge...Team Fortress 2 had a baby with a fantasy MMO. It's pure PVP with 5 classes you choose from and can switch between during the match (Healer, Tank, Long Range DPS, Med Range DPS, and CQB DPS). The graphics are fantastic with wild animations for the various spells and effects. The world feels huge even though you only play in a small area of it. Combat is fast, if a bit confusing in large battles. The tutorial area is a great way to learn each classes abilities and practice with them before going against a live opponent. One of the few sad truths about this game is it's a beta build. There's just no way around that. You only have a quick play option at this time. The options for other game types are grayed out at this time. Class balance is also off a bit. Still it's a damn fun beta. That said this is a very polished beta and with the promise of updates from the devs this could turn out to be a very solid game. With the offer of 2 copies for $20 right now I would say it's a great deal for a very entertaining game. Expand
  5. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the greatest games ever. If you have ever been a WoW or a CS nerd, you will love this. Pure skill based PvP. Arena battles, stats and balanced classes. I would recommend you to try!
  6. Dec 6, 2012
    This game looks amazing, a complete PvP game! It has everything one game needs to be a total success! of course the company have much more to do, fixing some issues, balancing all classes even more, more maps, modes, guilds, etc, but definitely this game will rock!
  7. Dec 6, 2012
    A mix between MOBA gender and a MMO game with action combat. The game has a lot of potentional and can become one of the most played games of the world if developed properly.
  8. Dec 6, 2012
    I think this game is exactly what i was looking for - Hardcore, skill-based multiplayer arena battles. I think 8 is OK while devs definitely should try to make this awesome game even awesomer ;)
  9. Dec 7, 2012
    Forge seem to be a really great PvP game, with a solid gameplay and one of the best class balance i've ever seen. Developers seem really active to fix problems and hear players issue or suggestion, that is really great especially when you see devs of other games that just don't care.
  10. Dec 9, 2012
    Forge is a great mix between many MMO and FPS concepts. The energy/mana system along with a lot of the powers reflect many MMO's, while the aiming, action and gamemodes borrow many elements from FPS games. It has a bit of a learning curve at first with the multitude of different abilities and powers, but once you get it down all the different powers becomes one of it's best parts.

The

The action in Forge is truly chaotic, which at first is a bit confusing, but once again becomes after some getting used to, the chaos becomes pure fun. Since the developers had to release early to get more funds the game is pretty lean right now, but a lot more content is on the way with patches and updates, which will be frequent. Even so the game is still totally worth it, and will only get better.
  11. Dec 9, 2012
    This game has everything to beat Darkfall on it's own terrain. Very nice classes, extreme fantasy world PVP, light MMO features, no need to farm/grind like beasts to enjoy the game.
  12. Dec 9, 2012
    I've been looking for this type of game for a long time. I loved WoW PvP and loved the Arenas. This gives me the best of not having a lot of time anymore to grind through the game and gear. There is still a lot of things that need to be added to the game but if all your looking for is that solid game play Forge is where you want to be. I also am grateful to see that there are OceanicI've been looking for this type of game for a long time. I loved WoW PvP and loved the Arenas. This gives me the best of not having a lot of time anymore to grind through the game and gear. There is still a lot of things that need to be added to the game but if all your looking for is that solid game play Forge is where you want to be. I also am grateful to see that there are Oceanic servers there as well so you actually get a good ping compared to many MMO's out there as I live in New Zealand. Expand
  13. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge is a beautiful PvP game and you should all play it right now. The game is filled with potential and doesn't require any of the grind of an MMO while preserving a similar feel of gameplay. It's the perfect blend of MMO and the MOBA genres.
  14. Dec 24, 2012
    If you love PVP, you will love Forge. It makes GW2 pvp looks silly. Just didnt have 10 because it lacks skill customization, which is planned for the future btw.
  15. Dec 4, 2012
    Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game,Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game, well worth a try. Expand
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.

I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places, very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library. Audio quality and game performance still need some work, which is why I deducted a point, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta).
  17. Dec 6, 2012
    I used to be a 2200 rogue on KT in wow. pvped for about 8 hours a day because i loved it. since i have work/school now i don't have the luxury of time that i used to. I picked up this game a little while ago. has great promise. new classes being added along with other things to customize every individual character. i suggest you play the free trial if they have one. hit me up ingame, imI used to be a 2200 rogue on KT in wow. pvped for about 8 hours a day because i loved it. since i have work/school now i don't have the luxury of time that i used to. I picked up this game a little while ago. has great promise. new classes being added along with other things to customize every individual character. i suggest you play the free trial if they have one. hit me up ingame, im 13/f/ny lf bbc. Expand
  18. Dec 22, 2012
    Very fun for the PvP inclined. Admittedly it launched minus several features, but it provides enough fun to make it worth the purchase before they're available.
  19. Dec 14, 2012
    Great graphics,great gameplay and generally great mass PvP game!This is the game for all the PvP lovers.i just hope for more classes,maps and people to join...
  20. Dec 16, 2012
    I liked the PVP in World of Warcraft and enjoyed hours and hours competing against other teams. I think Forge is on the right way, the developers are doing a good job and the community is very friendly. I´ve been looking for a game like this since i quit World of Warcraft and well.... here it is ;). This game completely relies on skill. Get it on Steam or on their homepage ;)
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fantastic, hands down. If you're looking for competitive PvP in an MMO style setting, this game is for you. It has a "bit" of a learning curve, as in to do well, you need to memorize different abilities and other classes abilities and learn when to use them, but in any MMO who doesn't? It has smooth and appealing graphics and it's very fast paced. You won't go wrong with this game.
  22. Dec 20, 2012
    Forge is an amazing concept with a lot of potential. As it stands currently, the game does in fact lack certain features, however I don't feel that this outweighs its strengths. The combat system in Forge breathes fresh air into the genre while also allowing for more exciting styles of play not possible with the conventional tab target system. Levels are designed with a lot of verticalityForge is an amazing concept with a lot of potential. As it stands currently, the game does in fact lack certain features, however I don't feel that this outweighs its strengths. The combat system in Forge breathes fresh air into the genre while also allowing for more exciting styles of play not possible with the conventional tab target system. Levels are designed with a lot of verticality due to original mechanics such as wall jumping and the Pyromancer's "rocket jump", adding a skill factor in movement itself. Forge is very visually appealing. All in all, with new features coming soon along with several classes and gamemodes, I think Forge presents a very strong experience for anyone who enjoys Guild Wars, Wow arena or role based competitive pvp in general. Expand
  23. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a truly truly great PvP Game you jump in play the Game and just forget the Time that's what a good game should do too you. You just want too play more. Smooth Graphics, Nice Artworks, Interesting Game Mechanics and Devs which actually care about the game :)! Try it out you cant go wrong :)! Get it on Steam Today while its hot =)!
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a game with a lot of potential and developers very active with the community. It doesn't have an open world and is light on MMO features right now, but the gameplay is solid.
  25. Dec 6, 2012
    a really fun game, its like the wow battlegrounds but without op classes and imbalanced equip. only skill.
    but its too soon to release it andit could be the best game of the year if they chose f2p model
  26. Dec 8, 2012
    If you like some PVP game with great dynamics and non-stop action and fun, then Forge is your game!
    For the things i saw in videos, Forge has a simple and functional matchmaking that allows you to to save a lot of time in queues (which is really annoying in other games), the characters are balanced (no OP characters :D ) and above all, they have > 9 < skills each, which make them really versatile.(btw, I just love the fact that you can make wall jumps *0*). If you want more information about Forge, check it out at steam website!!
  27. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge can really become a truly great PvP game. Unfortunately it had to launch lacking a few features but the developers are very active in the community and are committed to making it the game they want it to be.

As it stands now there are a few small bugs and balance issues, but nothing that ruins the enjoyment of the game. I'm really enjoying the hours I've put in to it so far even though many of the features are still "coming soon".
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    Developers really understand the mind set of their target audience. If you want a PvP oriented MMO that isn't another job, this is the game for you. The development team is very closely connected with their community and really understand what a PvP oriented MMO should look like. The movement in the game is fantastic and there is no tab targetting. There are still a few things thatDevelopers really understand the mind set of their target audience. If you want a PvP oriented MMO that isn't another job, this is the game for you. The development team is very closely connected with their community and really understand what a PvP oriented MMO should look like. The movement in the game is fantastic and there is no tab targetting. There are still a few things that need to be implemented, but those things are expected to be implemented shortly. The overall outlook on this game is fantastic. I have really enjoyed playing it over the past few weeks. I haven't been this excited about a game in a while. Expand
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    For an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (moreFor an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (more classes, more game modes) I recommend getting your hands on this as soon as humanly possible. Expand
  30. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is a fresh breath to the pvp MMO scene. The basis of the game is a great idea: take the aiming, competition, and skill of an FPS and add the depth, movement, and complexity of MMO combat. Add this to the idea that the devs "get" that competitive pvp shouldn't be about a grind or about who has better gear, and you have a great foundation for a game. The devs also understand that aForge is a fresh breath to the pvp MMO scene. The basis of the game is a great idea: take the aiming, competition, and skill of an FPS and add the depth, movement, and complexity of MMO combat. Add this to the idea that the devs "get" that competitive pvp shouldn't be about a grind or about who has better gear, and you have a great foundation for a game. The devs also understand that a game like this can't have zero progression and still have a leveling system, similar to say call of duty, that allows progression to give players more options, but not necessarily a clear advantage over newer players. To say it simple: the devs simply "get it."

Let's talk about the dev team. They clearly are a group of competitive pvp players who decided to make a game they wanted to play and could envision but wasn't on the market. They made the game, not with the mind set of making money like the big gaming companies, but to make a game that was spectacular and fun to play. This can be scene in the low price of the game, and the lack of external money from big gaming companies. They did not want to receive external money because it would mean they couldn't do exactly what they wanted to do to make the game they envisioned. Further, the devs are very interactive with the community, they don't dodge questions like our companies, and they understand what true competitive pvp'ers want.

Let's talk about the game. Yes, as many have mentioned, the game isn't finished. Some people have mentioned that they feel they have been ripped off because they bought a game that wasn't completely finished. To this I say, you paid 1/3 the price of what normal games sell for, and you are definitely getting more than 1/3 of a game, so there is no way you can say you got ripped off. The company is not funded by big gaming corporations, so they needed to release it at this stage to fund what they want to do next with the game. The company is very fair and are not attempting to rip off people.

The game has great graphics and amazing game play -- its fast, skill based, and addictive. As with many others, I am looking forward to future additions like more skills per class, more classes, ranked arenas, more game types, and maybe even some sort of open world pvp environment. Since the company decided to not do pve, their complete focus is on pvp, and I feel like for the first time this will allow a company to not neglect the pvp part of an MMO. The game has great fundamentals that the dev team can easily expand on, and they are already in the progress of doing this. So the bottom line is that this game is definitely worth buying if you are looking for a competitive pvp MMO game, and will continue to get better and better in the near future.

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]