Forge PC

7.6

1. Dec 4, 2012
    Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game,Not really a game for pve fans, but if you like pvp this is where you want to be. Very good balance, high skilled combat that you could play both hardcore and totally casually. The developers are awesome and are actively playing the game with you, listening to your feedback, it's a great experience, and with arenas and labyrinth coming so, I can only see it getting better. Love this game, well worth a try. Expand
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    Forge is a truly truly great PvP Game you jump in play the Game and just forget the Time that's what a good game should do too you. You just want too play more. Smooth Graphics, Nice Artworks, Interesting Game Mechanics and Devs which actually care about the game :)! Try it out you cant go wrong :)! Get it on Steam Today while its hot =)!
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    Great game for people who want to have some multiplayer fun and don't want to bother with a tedious level grind. The controls are extremely smooth, graphics are amazing, and maps are balanced. Please go pick this game up.
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Game with big potential and active developers. It's fast, frenzied and brutal! If you enjoy team based combat and intense skill-based PvP you must try this game.
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    The game I've been looking and waiting for. Includes everything you'd want in an arena based PvP game, very balanced and fine tuned for a game in beta. Can't wait to see where it goes as I can see this game becoming very big on full release! Definitely recommend you check it out!
  6. Dec 5, 2012
    Amazing game. It's like a mix of oldschool unreal tournament gameplay & WoW style fantasy pvp, fast and slightly technical. If you liked either of those games and you love pvp this is the game for you.
  7. Dec 5, 2012
    An amazing PVP game, with solid progression, taking a Solid TPS shooter and adding MMO stylings to it, and also the team developing seems to be very active, and has a clear vision, and like MMO's plans to continue releasing updates for the game including new classes, new skins etc. The low cost is truely makes this game an insane value, its ridiculously fun, and the active developmentAn amazing PVP game, with solid progression, taking a Solid TPS shooter and adding MMO stylings to it, and also the team developing seems to be very active, and has a clear vision, and like MMO's plans to continue releasing updates for the game including new classes, new skins etc. The low cost is truely makes this game an insane value, its ridiculously fun, and the active development means if its already this good only god knows how much better it can get.. haven't run into any bugs and the game feels balanced very well so they are taking care of their baby it seems.

I was looking forward to the companions i really hope that they get to add them into the final game soon.
  8. Dec 5, 2012
    Developers really understand the mind set of their target audience. If you want a PvP oriented MMO that isn't another job, this is the game for you. The development team is very closely connected with their community and really understand what a PvP oriented MMO should look like. The movement in the game is fantastic and there is no tab targetting. There are still a few things thatDevelopers really understand the mind set of their target audience. If you want a PvP oriented MMO that isn't another job, this is the game for you. The development team is very closely connected with their community and really understand what a PvP oriented MMO should look like. The movement in the game is fantastic and there is no tab targetting. There are still a few things that need to be implemented, but those things are expected to be implemented shortly. The overall outlook on this game is fantastic. I have really enjoyed playing it over the past few weeks. I haven't been this excited about a game in a while. Expand
  9. Dec 5, 2012
    Forge is a fresh breath to the pvp MMO scene. The basis of the game is a great idea: take the aiming, competition, and skill of an FPS and add the depth, movement, and complexity of MMO combat. Add this to the idea that the devs "get" that competitive pvp shouldn't be about a grind or about who has better gear, and you have a great foundation for a game. The devs also understand that aForge is a fresh breath to the pvp MMO scene. The basis of the game is a great idea: take the aiming, competition, and skill of an FPS and add the depth, movement, and complexity of MMO combat. Add this to the idea that the devs "get" that competitive pvp shouldn't be about a grind or about who has better gear, and you have a great foundation for a game. The devs also understand that a game like this can't have zero progression and still have a leveling system, similar to say call of duty, that allows progression to give players more options, but not necessarily a clear advantage over newer players. To say it simple: the devs simply "get it."

Let's talk about the dev team. They clearly are a group of competitive pvp players who decided to make a game they wanted to play and could envision but wasn't on the market. They made the game, not with the mind set of making money like the big gaming companies, but to make a game that was spectacular and fun to play. This can be scene in the low price of the game, and the lack of external money from big gaming companies. They did not want to receive external money because it would mean they couldn't do exactly what they wanted to do to make the game they envisioned. Further, the devs are very interactive with the community, they don't dodge questions like our companies, and they understand what true competitive pvp'ers want.

Let's talk about the game. Yes, as many have mentioned, the game isn't finished. Some people have mentioned that they feel they have been ripped off because they bought a game that wasn't completely finished. To this I say, you paid 1/3 the price of what normal games sell for, and you are definitely getting more than 1/3 of a game, so there is no way you can say you got ripped off. The company is not funded by big gaming corporations, so they needed to release it at this stage to fund what they want to do next with the game. The company is very fair and are not attempting to rip off people.

The game has great graphics and amazing game play -- its fast, skill based, and addictive. As with many others, I am looking forward to future additions like more skills per class, more classes, ranked arenas, more game types, and maybe even some sort of open world pvp environment. Since the company decided to not do pve, their complete focus is on pvp, and I feel like for the first time this will allow a company to not neglect the pvp part of an MMO. The game has great fundamentals that the dev team can easily expand on, and they are already in the progress of doing this. So the bottom line is that this game is definitely worth buying if you are looking for a competitive pvp MMO game, and will continue to get better and better in the near future.
  10. Dec 5, 2012
    Saw the first gameplay review on youtube and fell in love with it. It looks beautiful and the whole 3rd person pvp style is very unique. To me, it looks like a mix of GW2 and Gears of War. I cant wait to get my hands ahold of this game and tear up some pvp. The leveling system is very unique and in depth which will keep me playing for a long time.
  11. Dec 6, 2012
    I used to be a 2200 rogue on KT in wow. pvped for about 8 hours a day because i loved it. since i have work/school now i don't have the luxury of time that i used to. I picked up this game a little while ago. has great promise. new classes being added along with other things to customize every individual character. i suggest you play the free trial if they have one. hit me up ingame, imI used to be a 2200 rogue on KT in wow. pvped for about 8 hours a day because i loved it. since i have work/school now i don't have the luxury of time that i used to. I picked up this game a little while ago. has great promise. new classes being added along with other things to customize every individual character. i suggest you play the free trial if they have one. hit me up ingame, im 13/f/ny lf bbc. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2012
    It looks amazing. This game mix fps/rpg/mmo, all we need! propably will be a total success!! with some workout, there we go! Forge, the game of year!!
  13. Dec 8, 2012
    Rly expect so much from this game. Since I'm WoW player and I love PvP this game was choice number one for me. It has a potential to be a massive game for many people if developers can handle (and I hope so). Looking forward to play this game.
  14. Dec 8, 2012
    If you like some PVP game with great dynamics and non-stop action and fun, then Forge is your game!
    For the things i saw in videos, Forge has a simple and functional matchmaking that allows you to to save a lot of time in queues (which is really annoying in other games), the characters are balanced (no OP characters :D ) and above all, they have > 9 < skills each, which make them really versatile.(btw, I just love the fact that you can make wall jumps *0*). If you want more information about Forge, check it out at steam website!!
  15. Dec 9, 2012
    If you are looking for a fast-paced PvP based game, try out Forge. With a competitive gameplay, you can choose among 5 classes, each one with a unique variety of skills. Use them along with your own strategies to outplay your enemy and win the game. Having his own mechanic, Forge can surpass all your expectations with a new and improved system including Wall Jump, Camouflage Swap and aIf you are looking for a fast-paced PvP based game, try out Forge. With a competitive gameplay, you can choose among 5 classes, each one with a unique variety of skills. Use them along with your own strategies to outplay your enemy and win the game. Having his own mechanic, Forge can surpass all your expectations with a new and improved system including Wall Jump, Camouflage Swap and a delightful Spectate Mode. Don't forget to buy your own Forge available on Steam. Expand
  16. Dec 9, 2012
    Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased.Since I randomly saw this on Youtube so long ago, I have been wanting to play this game for so long. After I saw they didn't make the Kickstart, I thought it was all over just to see them pop-up on Greenlight. It was awesome, As for the gameplay, it is fantastic, fast based, and skill based. The fact that there is no power gap due to gear makes PvP all the more fun. It is all skillbased. And with the lack of "Blowing Cooldowns", fights are epic and you actually have to think instead of pressing a seven line macro and then one-shotting someone. It is definitely a must play. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Expand
  17. Dec 10, 2012
    Forge is a beautiful PvP game and you should all play it right now. The game is filled with potential and doesn't require any of the grind of an MMO while preserving a similar feel of gameplay. It's the perfect blend of MMO and the MOBA genres.
  18. Dec 16, 2012
    I liked the PVP in World of Warcraft and enjoyed hours and hours competing against other teams. I think Forge is on the right way, the developers are doing a good job and the community is very friendly. I´ve been looking for a game like this since i quit World of Warcraft and well.... here it is ;). This game completely relies on skill. Get it on Steam or on their homepage ;)
  19. Dec 20, 2012
    Forge is an amazing concept with a lot of potential. As it stands currently, the game does in fact lack certain features, however I don't feel that this outweighs its strengths. The combat system in Forge breathes fresh air into the genre while also allowing for more exciting styles of play not possible with the conventional tab target system. Levels are designed with a lot of verticalityForge is an amazing concept with a lot of potential. As it stands currently, the game does in fact lack certain features, however I don't feel that this outweighs its strengths. The combat system in Forge breathes fresh air into the genre while also allowing for more exciting styles of play not possible with the conventional tab target system. Levels are designed with a lot of verticality due to original mechanics such as wall jumping and the Pyromancer's "rocket jump", adding a skill factor in movement itself. Forge is very visually appealing. All in all, with new features coming soon along with several classes and gamemodes, I think Forge presents a very strong experience for anyone who enjoys Guild Wars, Wow arena or role based competitive pvp in general. Expand
  20. Dec 26, 2012
    Not a complete game, but its still awesome and amazingly balanced.
    Please do not listen to the critic reviews as they are idiots, for eg scoring diablo 3 (88).
  21. Dec 30, 2012
    I love the game-idea behind Forge. I don't enjoy farming at all, I don't have to in Forge :) . Also though you can earn XP and gain Levels this progress doesn't give you an increase of ability powers or healt or else. What you can do is shift around your Protection/Movement Speed/Maximum Resources points which helps you if you have already developed a strategy and arrange the points toI love the game-idea behind Forge. I don't enjoy farming at all, I don't have to in Forge :) . Also though you can earn XP and gain Levels this progress doesn't give you an increase of ability powers or healt or else. What you can do is shift around your Protection/Movement Speed/Maximum Resources points which helps you if you have already developed a strategy and arrange the points to support this.
    Also the Forum playforgewar.com is a really nice place where you get all questions answered and can help with your feedback to bring the updates on. All in all. 10
  22. Jan 4, 2013
    I decided to check this game out, since it went on sale for steam, and the video looked promising.

Excellent purchase, with amazing potential. This is the kind of game I want and have been looking for, and I think there are more like me. I am not disappointed, when I read the review from Escapist I almost decided against it, but I am sure glad I didn't take that feedback to heart!

Is the game "ready for release" I think so. Is it anywhere near its full potential? No, but there is some AMAZING potential here, the premise is fantastic, the combat system and play style just feel right and the meta game that will evolve as this games development progresses could provide entertainment for players and spectators alike... it is as fun to watch as it is to play.

It is lacking some features and polish, yes, but I am more than happy to give that a pass considering it is an indie game with a low entry cost and what I consider to be the important bits are there. The features which will appear as it moves forward will just put good meat on the bones.

If you like fast paced, well balanced, no RNG team based PVP with an unknown potential skill cap? Well, I don't think you will be disappointed, and for the price this Dev crew is worth supporting and you will more than get your moneys worth out of this game. Buy it, play it, love it!

I don't review things, in general I read, and just discuss things with my friends... but this game really drives me to want to spread the word and get people to jump in and give it a real play.... and I felt compelled to say something here.
  23. Jan 18, 2013
    A diamond in the rough for PvP fans:
    It's the kind of game where you can just log in, jump in a game within seconds and start to PvP!
    They have a small community so far, but already have a Mumble setup that you can find via the forums where you can chat with gamers, find teammates and even chat with the game devs! Once this game becomes more finished, and once more people find this game
    A diamond in the rough for PvP fans:
    Once this game becomes more finished, and once more people find this game and the player base expands a bit more I feel it will deserve my 10/10 rating.
  24. Jan 19, 2013
    This is the type of game i have been waiting for. I really love fantasy classes and combat but i do not want to spend the time getting to the highest level and getting the best gear just so i can enjoy pvp. This game is everything i could hope for, high action pvp in a fantasy setting. If there is any downside it would be the high learning curve, but in my opinion a high learning curveThis is the type of game i have been waiting for. I really love fantasy classes and combat but i do not want to spend the time getting to the highest level and getting the best gear just so i can enjoy pvp. This game is everything i could hope for, high action pvp in a fantasy setting. If there is any downside it would be the high learning curve, but in my opinion a high learning curve marks a good game and gives players a lot of room to be good based on their own personal ability and fighting tactics. Expand
  25. Apr 26, 2013
    I find the game very great and well made. It has a lot of potential. It is already rumored that it will be the ESL game par excellence.
    Since the new patch lots of news have come into force, give the game a final status. I find it charming and will continue to play it.
  26. May 4, 2013
    Personally, I think this game could destroy World of Warcraft and other games.. It has intense fights, great graphics and a very balanced fighting system, stunlocking someone is impossible, every class has one skill to keep someone out of combat for a short time, and also a skill to escape from a fight, every class has stacking DoT's (except for shaman's who's primary atk deals damage oncePersonally, I think this game could destroy World of Warcraft and other games.. It has intense fights, great graphics and a very balanced fighting system, stunlocking someone is impossible, every class has one skill to keep someone out of combat for a short time, and also a skill to escape from a fight, every class has stacking DoT's (except for shaman's who's primary atk deals damage once and heals overtime (stacks 3 times)) the point i'm trying to make, the game is balanced, most people who repsond to this game porely are new to it and won't give it a chance, instead of instaneously complaining about a game, they should try the tutorials, and defenitly try the bot fights! These bot fights are not to be underestimated, everytime you kill every class in a difficulty it will set the difficulty level higher and higher, and truth be told, the hard bots don't go down lightly.. if you succeed in killing these bots, you know what class you prefer and what that class is capable of, you should join a real PvP battle, and if you still think the game is unbalanced, we can talk. But every class has something to counter all other classes, there is imo no class that's "OP". The only problem with forge in my opinion is not enough players who actually wanna spend time learning how the game works. If it's too hard, people complain, if it's too easy people complain, if it's a mediocre difficulty, people complain about no hard mode.. If more people would stay and give it a chance, and maybe ask the players who just creamed their asses for some advice, i think the game could be very big.. I actually buy the game for my closest friends, and i tell them if they honestly don't think it's a good game after a month of playing, then they don't have to repay me.. up till now, they've all payed me back! my summary: My favorite game so far! Expand
  27. Jul 11, 2013
    Forge is by far the best PvP game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. If you're a competitive PvPer from the WoW scene, then WoW PvP will look like childs-play in comparison to Forge. In fact, I know WoW arena players that had ~2850 arena rating who said Forge takes magnitudes of skill more than WoW ever did.

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG genres into an insanely competitive atmosphere. Imagine WoW, except the PvP is ACTUALLY balanced and you have to aim every single skill/attack (NO auto-targeting). Furthermore, Forge mixes up the mundane PvP scene with unique aspects an MMORPG does not contain such as: wall-jumping (costs energy, the resource you use), blocking attacks (once again, consumes energy), no grind and did I mention balanced PvP that is ACTUALLY balanced?

My name is Jroc |OP in game. I'll see you in game
  28. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a game with a lot of potential and developers very active with the community. It doesn't have an open world and is light on MMO features right now, but the gameplay is solid.
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    I've been looking for a game like this for a long time - skill based combat with an MMO style. If you enjoy WoW arenas or Guild Wars 2 spvp, you'll definitely want to try Forge. Also, if you've played games like Tera, but couldn't stand the grind or wanted to focus solely on pvp, this game is for you.

I've been playing Forge since the alpha, and though it's still rough in a few places, very few games have managed to hold my attention like Forge has. Overall, this game is very solid, and it deserves a place in any competitive gamer's library. Audio quality and game performance still need some work, which is why I deducted a point, but the developers have already promised ongoing support and free content patches post-launch (as they have done consistently throughout alpha and beta).
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    For an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (moreFor an indie game, they get no better than Forge. With stunning visuals, phenomenal game play, and room for growth, It wouldn't be surprising to see this game explode onto the eSport scene. With multiple influences clearly present within Forge ranging from World of Warcraft class builds to a Skyrim styled design, the title is destined to be a classic. With big plans already ahead (more classes, more game modes) I recommend getting your hands on this as soon as humanly possible. Expand

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]