• Publisher: Nemesys
  • Release Date: Oct 1, 2009
6.9

1. Aug 20, 2012
    This is a great Diversion and a fun, quick, casual game made to only cost $1.00 on steam ;) I've actually played it for a little more than an hour, trying to get perfects on all the castles, and I will probably play for an additional hour trying to do the same. I have no complaints about the graphics, since the artwork is excellent, but the controls can mess you up a few times. QuickThis is a great Diversion and a fun, quick, casual game made to only cost $1.00 on steam ;) I've actually played it for a little more than an hour, trying to get perfects on all the castles, and I will probably play for an additional hour trying to do the same. I have no complaints about the graphics, since the artwork is excellent, but the controls can mess you up a few times. Quick premise: You are a knight and you have to basically walk in straight lines while creating shapes to capture land and surround a castle while being chased by dragons that you need to capture. The castle also has cannons that shoot at you. The controls include either the mouse or the keyboard. I use the mouse and find myself missing a connection point and getting killed by dragons because I didn't encircle them completely. That's my only complaint. For $1.00, it's a must try, and it's a better investment than a bottle of pop.

My rating is based off of the fact that the game is $1.00, not that it is comparable to Call of Duty or any other higher rated game.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. It's a nice little diversion, one that adds a decent twist to an old classic arcade game. Sometimes being a reasonable time-waster is all that a game needs to accomplish.
  2. If you’re a fan of Qix-style games and need to chew up 30 minutes of your life, give it a shot. Otherwise, there’s plenty of other indie titles out there that are a better way to spend a bit of cash.
  3. As it stands, however, I found Fortix a mediocre experience that just didn’t grab me as much as I thought it might.