2.4

1. Sep 23, 2012
    this game is not so bad now... I love this game and i spoke to the team and i know there are working hard to correct everything. They need just a little time to finish and make a splendid game. Trust on them !
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    The original release of this game was an unmitigated disaster - many people got stuck on the login screen and were unable to progress further. With the release of the updated Reloaded Edition, this game is lightyears ahead of the catastrophic initial launch. The initial launch was like a poorly tested beta, this finally feels like a polished and finished release. The team is definitely dedicated to improving and expanding this game even further.

On the gameplay side, this will appeal to fans of tactical/turn based squad sims, like XCOM and Jagged Alliance. The gameplay is a bit more fast paced, but well balanced.
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    FRAY: Reloaded Edition

" One day it may be an awesome game ! " ...this is the day !
    Thanks to Brain Candy team. You've done a great job.

...and don't forget, it's also a indie studio
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Very disappointed.

I purchased this title with great enthusiasm; the trailer was sharp, and the concept seemed sound/innovative. However, I had this sinking feeling things were going to take a turn for the worse very quickly once I got my game. Upon launching the game it failed to let me click on the button for registration. Once I got the registration done by manually logging into
    their site, the client locked up while trying to download my "Characters" which I had not created yet. That is an issue that has existed for over a month; related to their database provider underestimating the needs of the game (which are still obviously underestimated).

Then I finally get in after retrying 6-8 times, only to find out that I cannot play a two player game, and that we have to wait until four are ready to play. The fourth didn't show up in the twenty mins that I waited DURING the Steam summer sale; only a total of 17 people were online and playing the game during what is likely to be the hottest time for the game since release day.

What looks great in the trailers is a dog in the kennel. The game should have local servers, the game should support 32-bit Win7, the game should, the game should, the game should...a lot of should's and not enough do's in my opinion. This game is not going to last...so much for my $10
  5. Dec 17, 2012
    This is a game that you should not buy it,so imaging if the game that is clearly an Alpha Test version and release it and Done,got loadsamoney! And yes,for those who buy this game,and playing it,its not work,it just crashed on desktop,WTF! My friends who buy this piece of crap is frustrated,even it reach the Minimum Requirements,it doesn`t work either,no fix,no shiiit .So what do we get? Nothing! The only thing that redeem about this game are only a screenshot.Unplayable is unplayable,don`t bother buying this piece of crap. Expand
  6. Jul 24, 2012
    An admittedly broken game by the developers and Steam whole-heartedly refuse any kind of refunds for the game unless you bring up the BBB. What happened to you Valve? Hats, Mann-conomy store in tf2, Dota 2, Mann-conomy store in Dota 2, STILL no episode 3 and now you're pulling sh!t like this?
  7. Jun 19, 2012
    Despite the Steam store page saying nothing about it, the developers admit on their forums that it is an ALPHA quality game - not even to beta yet. Top it off, it just doesn't work. None of us could get it to run. One day it may be an awesome game. Unfortunately that day is far off. Hold onto your money or go buy a known indie game.
  8. Jun 22, 2012
    This isn't so much a game as it is a login screen with pretty much no functional content. It's virtually impossible to successfully start or join a game, and if you do manage to, there isn't much game there. I don't mind pre-release functionality in a pre-release game, but it's dishonest to sell your buggy tech demo as a finished product.
  9. Jul 6, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I've ever spent money on. I spent over a week trying to get their support to help get the game running. I couldn't get past the login screen throwing an "already connected" error every time I tried to play. So, I finally got the game working today, and I am nothing but disappointed. If the execution was better, I might have enjoyed this game...or at least I wouldn't have hated it. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012

1. Sep 16, 2012
    Broken in nearly every single aspect, Fray fails to meet any criteria that would qualify it as a game. Do not buy. [Sept 2012, p.57]
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    Fray in its current state is hardly a game at all - just snippets of code and someone's unfulfilled dreams.
  3. Jul 13, 2012
    A limited online community and a myriad of bugs hurts Fray, a turn-based strategy game.