8.8

1. Jan 24, 2012
    Having spent far more hours playing this game than I probably should have I still have a craving to play through the single player campaign for a third time. Massive universe, great story, seamless controls, fantastic soundtrack.

I'm yet to get anywhere near as much enjoyment out of a game of the same genre as Freelancer. Needs a sequel.
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    My favourite space sim of all time. Huge universe to explore, dark, immersive atmosphere and a captivating storyline. Sure, it has its flaws - the freeplay after finishing the story is extremely repetitive, for example - but Freelancer is an incredible game that's aged beautifully.
  3. May 29, 2013
    One of my favourite PC games of all time. The atmosphere is great, you really feel free in space and there is a lot to discover. There are many planets and space stations with different ships, weapons and goods for different prices. Opposing parties fight with each other as well as pirates with industrialists. It's the player's decision how he wants to play the game. You can try to findOne of my favourite PC games of all time. The atmosphere is great, you really feel free in space and there is a lot to discover. There are many planets and space stations with different ships, weapons and goods for different prices. Opposing parties fight with each other as well as pirates with industrialists. It's the player's decision how he wants to play the game. You can try to find freighters with rare goods to get their loot or you buy your owen frighter yourself and trade. It doesn't get boring for a long long time. I'm looking forward for a new game like Freelancer! Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2010
    One of my favorites for the PC- an engaging single-player storyline, incredible scenery, and a soundtrack that really brings you out into the Freelancer universe. While the free-play mode could use one or two more notches of depth, the online multiplayer was unique and the simple controls let you hit the ground running. This game's shortcomings didn't stop me from falling in love with it,One of my favorites for the PC- an engaging single-player storyline, incredible scenery, and a soundtrack that really brings you out into the Freelancer universe. While the free-play mode could use one or two more notches of depth, the online multiplayer was unique and the simple controls let you hit the ground running. This game's shortcomings didn't stop me from falling in love with it, and i still play it from time to time. Expand
  5. Sep 21, 2013
    Game that's been in development for years but never really finished the way it would satisfy most of us. Amazing and unique game.This game is still active on some servers, but mainly on the Discovery server through the awesome mod of Discovery Freelancer. It is a whole new game within itself created for the purpose of roleplay on multiplayer servers and which is by far one of the bestGame that's been in development for years but never really finished the way it would satisfy most of us. Amazing and unique game.This game is still active on some servers, but mainly on the Discovery server through the awesome mod of Discovery Freelancer. It is a whole new game within itself created for the purpose of roleplay on multiplayer servers and which is by far one of the best games I've played so far. It's a mod of the entire Sirius sector filled with awesome systems and factions. Excellently balanced in ships, strategic position with resources, commodities on the market and weapons. It is amazing. Not many people are playing it but there is always at least 100 people constantly online. If you ever try it then you must visit Gallia space, and then Nomad space. Expand
  6. Apr 18, 2014
    Fast, accessible and most importantly a lot of fun.

I've spent a lot of hours in this game - mostly in multiplayer with friends but the single player campaign is well written with plenty of twists and turns. Graphically the game still looks polished - I remember being blown away when I first saw it and they still look crisp and clear today - albeit with fewer effects you would expect
    Fast, accessible and most importantly a lot of fun.

Graphically the game still looks polished - I remember being blown away when I first saw it and they still look crisp and clear today - albeit with fewer effects you would expect of games today. Let's remember it's over 10 years old.

I recently saw star citizen and thought I'd dust my old copy of Freelancer down. I've just completed the single player campaign (for the third time) and am very pleased there's a handful of mods that take this further.

In short one of my favourites overall and by far the best for this genre in my opinion. Can't wait for Star Citizen!
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    Incredible atmosphere and novel game design. They need to make another one of these with today's modern graphics! Most satisfying space emulator out there. Highly recommended.
  8. Oct 18, 2014
    If I die just now, I acclaim an achievement of my life; which started when I first have this game. Literally speaking, once you get the game, it'll probably be the best you've ever played. A lifetime worth!! Mind-blowing, staggering, authentic - the list can go on....

Don't believe me? Just start the game, just do!!!

1. You'll be impressed by the graphics. They don't seem as jaw-dropping as they did three years ago, but they have held up nicely and allow for an astonishing number of different ships and other space objects onscreen at the same time, which makes for some very hectic battles.
  2. It is not the revolution in the space combat genre that many were hoping for, but it certainly is the next evolution.
  3. Freelancer isn’t just a game – it’s a way of life.