Full Spectrum Warrior PC

6.9

1. Apr 28, 2014
    This game is brilliant, honestly I'm not joking, I used to play this series when I was young and had no idea their even was a ''Sequel'' when I discovered that the series had ended, it disappointed me as this game had a lot of potential to move it even further, I'm rating it a 10/10 because its basically using real tactics & the game engine is alright, Graphics are good for that timeThis game is brilliant, honestly I'm not joking, I used to play this series when I was young and had no idea their even was a ''Sequel'' when I discovered that the series had ended, it disappointed me as this game had a lot of potential to move it even further, I'm rating it a 10/10 because its basically using real tactics & the game engine is alright, Graphics are good for that time period, they've done a good job. Expand
  2. Dec 11, 2013
    "A game that makes sawing your own penis off seem like a worthwhile endeavor, just to avoid passing on the experience to any children you might've had. 10/10, best horror game I've ever played." Aug 19, 2011

Who reviews a game 7 years after release and judges it by today's standards wow, please get a clue. Once was a great game at time of it's release, unfortunately has not aged well

Once was a great game at time of it's release, unfortunately has not aged well like most old games. Free copies now exist
  3. LeonMurray
    Aug 11, 2004
    One of the best games around, the graphics are outstanding and the gameplay is all around very good. The only problems are a few glitches which arn't a problem as they are really small. The game play is like nothing I've seen before and nothing like "Rainbow 6" or "Hidden and Dangerous 2" which was what I was expecting it to be. This game certainly opens a new field in tacticalOne of the best games around, the graphics are outstanding and the gameplay is all around very good. The only problems are a few glitches which arn't a problem as they are really small. The game play is like nothing I've seen before and nothing like "Rainbow 6" or "Hidden and Dangerous 2" which was what I was expecting it to be. This game certainly opens a new field in tactical gaming and is deffently worth all the money. For a new player the game should last for 12 hours where I can guarentee you'll enjoy every second!!!!!!!! Expand
  4. TonyBullard
    Sep 22, 2004
    I've played through a good portion of the Xbox version, and I've played through the PC demo, and I gotta say it's a solid game. For those who really enjoy the use of tactics, this game is chock full of circling enemies and finding alternative paths.
    The translation to PC is fairly smooth. My only complaint is about the movement cursor. In the Xbox version, you could direct your men towards walls that were around corners, out of site. But in the PC version, anything out of site is off limits. If you can't currently see around a corner, you can't send your men around it. It makes for some troublsome times if you want your men to hide behind a car on the side that isn't facing you. Not sure if that makes sense, but you'll get it if you've played the game.
    Overall though, very well made, well acted, well thought out. Good solid game.
  5. H.S.
    Sep 26, 2004
    A tactical shooter where your troops do the shooting. It all gets down to how you plan your soldiers operation. The troops do the fighting, rather than you have to tell them exactly what to do. If bullets rain on them they won't run away from cover just because you want to. A truly amusing and challenging game. A bit on the easy side but that's a minor problem.
    Oct 22, 2004
    Good game but not great.
  7. AndyW.
    Jul 19, 2005
    This game is unique in that 2 players can play the campaign in muliplayer co-op over a LAN, or the internet. Players are controlled from a third person view, except when using hand grenades and grenade launchers, which you control first person style. The AI is scripted, trigger based and usually spawns in the same places, which means that replay-ability is limited. However, it still This game is unique in that 2 players can play the campaign in muliplayer co-op over a LAN, or the internet. Players are controlled from a third person view, except when using hand grenades and grenade launchers, which you control first person style. The AI is scripted, trigger based and usually spawns in the same places, which means that replay-ability is limited. However, it still requires teamwork and tactics to complete a level. The 'suppress and flank' tactics become routine by the end of it, but it is still enjoyable. There was an annoying bug which crashed the game to desktop after most in game auto-saves. This was irritating, but the game saves were always ok, and it just meant restarting the game and continuing on. There were no patches avaible when I played it (early 2005) and web support was minimal. An enjoyable game with some innovative features. Worth getting especially if you're looking for a combat game with a mulitplayer campaign. Expand
  8. Feb 21, 2014
    AaronD referred to this as "anti muslim american [sic] junk."

Apparently, he doesn't like it when innocent people defend themselves against jihad. You know, Aaron, if you want less "anti muslim" sentiment, get your coreligionists to stop murdering people. No more beheadings, no more bombings, and -- Poof! -- No more hostility toward those who practice "kill the pagans wherever you
    AaronD referred to this as "anti muslim american [sic] junk."

No more beheadings, no more bombings, and -- Poof! -- No more hostility toward those who practice "kill the pagans wherever you find them" (Qur'an 9:5).

The interface works a whole lot better on the PC, and if your machine is up to running it all maxed out, then it will look that much cleaner. All this aside, however, the game itself is intense and utterly engrossing.
  2. I just wish there was more of it to enjoy, and something has to be done about the multiplayer - it just wasn't enough. If ever there was a game that cried out for a sequel, Full Spectrum Warrior is it.
  3. Often ends up feeling like a string of puzzles whose solutions are pretty obvious. Nevertheless, Full Spectrum Warrior is very good overall, and deserves credit for being something other than just another military-themed shooter or strategy game. It's just too bad that it isn't more involving.