8.8

1. Jan 17, 2015
    A rock n' roll adventure and a revolution in video-game storytelling. Amazingly fun and dark still to THIS day. I played it like twenty already, and it's good as it goes.
  2. Nov 13, 2014
    A fantastic adventure game marred only by a disappointingly short length and some annoying combat sequences (was there EVER a LucasArts adventure game with GOOD combat sequences?). Still the animation is great, the story is intriguing and the voice acting is top-notch, including the likes of the legendary Mark Hamill. What really makes this game soar is the appeal of the badass mainA fantastic adventure game marred only by a disappointingly short length and some annoying combat sequences (was there EVER a LucasArts adventure game with GOOD combat sequences?). Still the animation is great, the story is intriguing and the voice acting is top-notch, including the likes of the legendary Mark Hamill. What really makes this game soar is the appeal of the badass main character Ben. It's a shame the planned sequel was cancelled, this could have been a great series à la Monkey Island. Look sharp for at least one hilarious Star Wars reference. Solid metal score from The Gone Jackals (whoever they are). Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My childhood favorite this treasure engrosses you on the best of Lucas arts's adventure games taking you with Ben on a Mission to get out of financial debt. This may sound boring but the game twists up the plot from debt to exposing a killer super-villain who murdered in cold blood for money.
    It's short, sweet and the credits contain Easter eggs so you have to watch them :)

Overall the best game I have ever played.
  4. Oct 30, 2013
    I will be short. It is a masterpiece. Must have for the collection. The interactive adventure which unfortunate happens on the braking point from 2D to 3D. So that the genre has not ever had an opportunity to get the sequel. Bravo for Lucas Art.
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    One of the games that formed my early gaming experience.

I love the old SCUMM games, and the sense of humor that the old Lucasarts crew put into them.
  6. Aug 3, 2013
    Amazing game, one of the best in the genre's history. A must for fans of Adventure games and a recommendable title for newbies or anyone curios about older Tim Schaffer stuff.
  7. Oct 17, 2012
    This is the first adventure game i had played.and what a way to get introduced to the genre. A memorable game with Ben......a memorable protagonist plus a nice plot and included one of gaming's great villain's, Adrian Ripburger.
  8. May 11, 2012
    The first game I played when I got my first PC. It surely put me on a good "gaming path" after. Why? Because its one of the best adventure games. Try it out...
  9. Aug 11, 2011
    Full Throttle when released in 1995 was a step in games becoming more cinematic and an early game to contain many frames and shots imitating an animated movie. Lucas Arts certainly spent a lot of time on the production of its visuals as its the shortest of the Lucas Art adventure games of the 90s. Full Throttle does hold up well and while it isnt the best of all adventure games of the 90s,Full Throttle when released in 1995 was a step in games becoming more cinematic and an early game to contain many frames and shots imitating an animated movie. Lucas Arts certainly spent a lot of time on the production of its visuals as its the shortest of the Lucas Art adventure games of the 90s. Full Throttle does hold up well and while it isnt the best of all adventure games of the 90s, does have some good creative puzzles, characters and memorable game moments. The animation was fantastic and the one of the best of any games at that time, its cartoon style is still very good to this day. The decision that Lucas Arts made to make Full Throttle more serious in its theme and tone was a welcome one and shows how keyed in its makers were to originality and creativity. Full Throttle does end awkwardly which may be why its one of the lesser Lucas Art adventure games but don't get me wrong, it still is a Lucas art adventure game, and one of the great PC games of the 90s. Recommended even after all these years. Expand
  10. May 11, 2012

1. It may be a little short, but it's one wild ride while it lasts. [Aug 1995, p.80]
  2. FT is also a perfect example of how music can make half the experience. The Gone Jackals, a biker band, provided much of the music and it’s situated so perfectly that it’s almost as if it was written especially for FT. Add to that a very good cast of voice actors, some very funny lines, and you’ve got a nearly flawless game.
  3. Although many gamers have criticized this title as being too short, Full Throttle's amusing story and well-developed characters make this shortcoming easy to overlook.