8.8

1. ClarkK.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Despite graphics which have not aged too well (decent for their time, and definitely passable for today), Gabriel Knight 3 has a lot going for it. Its deep and intricate story chronicling the mysterious legacy of Rennes-le-Chateau in France is infinitely compelling, and every facet of the game's construction, from music, dialog, puzzles, and characters, create an incredible Despite graphics which have not aged too well (decent for their time, and definitely passable for today), Gabriel Knight 3 has a lot going for it. Its deep and intricate story chronicling the mysterious legacy of Rennes-le-Chateau in France is infinitely compelling, and every facet of the game's construction, from music, dialog, puzzles, and characters, create an incredible experience culminating in one hell of a satisfying ending. For anyone who plays adventure games, this game (and the rest of the series, at that) is required playing. Gabriel Knight 3 is not a perfect game; as I said the graphics are mediocre, and one or two puzzles are a bit illogical. But still, I can't imagine giving this game anything less than a 10. Everything good about it outshines and erases anything bad you can find. Collapse
    Feb 8, 2006
    Best adventure game yet. One word: great. Definitely a must have. It's not understandable why Sierra chose to shut the series down.
  3. JamesM.
    Mar 28, 2008
    In short, an incredible game. Easily the best written, and most intelligently developed adventure series of all time. All we could ever ask for is Gabriel Knight 4.
  4. MichasH.
    Mar 6, 2005
    It's sooooo cool game!
  5. TomiV.
    Jan 3, 2007
    GREAT game with absolutely fantastic story. Jane Jensen is genious.
  6. Gabrielknight
    Aug 16, 2005
    Should have got 11 out of 10.
  7. Nov 28, 2015
    I really liked the game, and i absolutely loved the story - superb writing.
    Although i didnt like the actor in the previous GK, i must say - this switch to 3D modelling was disappointing - the technology was not there yet, and we ended up with games far worse than if they were just sprites, cinematographic, or hand painted.
    Nonetheless, i enjoyed this one thoroughly!
  8. Dec 12, 2012
    It's fun exploring Southern France in this third iteration of the Gabriel Knight series but sometimes the puzzles are a little too difficult for my liking. Since this is the first Gabriel Knight to switch to 3D graphics, the game hasn't exactly aged well either and doesn't have the same charm as the original's painted pixels or the second's FMV.

1. One of the hardest I've played. It's DEFINITELY not for the novice adventurer. Rather, it's a rich, multi-course feast for the adventure connoisseur.
  2. Great story, acting, interface, are all wrapped up to create one of the best adventure games yet.
  3. It's equipped with tons of powerful adventuring tools, such as a newly designed 3D engine and free-floating camera, and contains one of the most riveting endings I've seen all year. But ultimately I wish it had offered me more.