6.6

1. Dec 14, 2012
    Ever since I bought the game on my mobile phone, quite some years ago, and upgraded to iPod I have loved the game. The design is really astonishing, it gives the game this realistic look. The story might seem short, but people who are still doubting should buy it and wait for the expansion packs (Valkyrie and Supernova) to arrive as they pack a lot of action, new star systems and moreEver since I bought the game on my mobile phone, quite some years ago, and upgraded to iPod I have loved the game. The design is really astonishing, it gives the game this realistic look. The story might seem short, but people who are still doubting should buy it and wait for the expansion packs (Valkyrie and Supernova) to arrive as they pack a lot of action, new star systems and more storyline! The action might seem lame when you just started the game, but when you rise through the levels the difficulty increases a lot. Those who still seek a challenge should try hardcore. Anyway I REALLY recommend buying this game as it just blows you away! Expand
  2. Feb 3, 2013
    Very nice and fun game i was looking for a game like this after i finished Darkstar one .
    Its not so huge offcource like freelancer or darkstar one because this one is developed for the ipad I just bought the pc version it on Steam and played now for 9 hours and just bought a new ship and going mining and freelancemissions and storyline missions very addictive and fun I hope Fishlabs will also make expansion packs for the pc version Briljant miningsystem Like this its not booring to mine
  3. Aug 26, 2012
    This game united all best of space simulators. On a tablet looks super, but on the computer is something divine! The simple scheme of this game - huge advantage. Not to come off! Fishlabs,thanks!
  4. Jul 20, 2017
    Если по каким-то причинам вы пропустили Galaxy on Fire 2 на мобильных телефонах и на смартфонах, обязательно оцените эту игру на ПК. Можно определённо рекомендовать Galaxy on Fire 2 всем любителям космоса - это сбалансированная во всех планах игра, по праву заслужившая любовь многих игроков.Если по каким-то причинам вы пропустили Galaxy on Fire 2 на мобильных телефонах и на смартфонах, обязательно оцените эту игру на ПК. Можно определённо рекомендовать Galaxy on Fire 2 всем любителям космоса - это сбалансированная во всех планах игра, по праву заслужившая любовь многих игроков.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    Highly entertaining space adventure game. Feels like a space sim mixed with a rogue like. Lots of flying around, collecting & trading commodities and some entertaining ship combat. Graphics are nice and the whole game is very visually appealing. Many different ship, weapon & system combinations help give the game depth. Only flaw is that it is noticeably a mobile port. You cannot changeHighly entertaining space adventure game. Feels like a space sim mixed with a rogue like. Lots of flying around, collecting & trading commodities and some entertaining ship combat. Graphics are nice and the whole game is very visually appealing. Many different ship, weapon & system combinations help give the game depth. Only flaw is that it is noticeably a mobile port. You cannot change keyboard controls in game, some in game messages have not been correctly changed and the HUD could use some modification to make it not so touch screen obvious. That aside, BUY IT, PLAY IT, man I am enjoying this game. Expand
  6. Dec 3, 2013
    Great space simulation arcade for mobile platforms, Android version becomes great with the las add-in (Supernova). Althought some points could be improved better (like autopilot or the incomes balance betweenmining and trading combat gained good) the game's overall is good.
    I've enjoyed great times playing it in my Android.
  7. Dec 2, 2012
    GoF 2 is a likeable casual space sim, let down by some strange design choices and a terrible PC port. If you imagined a cut down X3 or a reborn Privateer, you'd be fairly close. Generic missions, ship modules, an increasingly expensive choice of ship, a half-baked storyline, it does nothing enormously original. However it has a pleasant casual appeal of simple flight and easy combat, whichGoF 2 is a likeable casual space sim, let down by some strange design choices and a terrible PC port. If you imagined a cut down X3 or a reborn Privateer, you'd be fairly close. Generic missions, ship modules, an increasingly expensive choice of ship, a half-baked storyline, it does nothing enormously original. However it has a pleasant casual appeal of simple flight and easy combat, which means that if you're turned off by complicated space sims this may be for you.

The game isn't without flaws - each faction's NPC ships are identical and practically never change which means combat gets repetitive fast; you the player may have access to shields, missiles, and various other special modules, but you'll never see them used on you; turrets are absymally implemented; the PC options are terrible and controls awfully limited; porting clearly was a last minute effort as basic input handling doesn't even handle more than one button at once and targeting just doesn't work properly; perhaps worst of all, the developers opted to not bother porting the more interesting add-ons that would have breathed more life into the game. Some very strange decisions.

Yet, if you can fly with the mouse and get used to its quirks, it's refreshingly fun & simple to play. It's the quintessential tablet game; nothing complicated, yet fun enough. I managed to drop 15-20 hours into it updating my ship, finding new starcharts, building from blueprints, and of course completing the simple yet amusing storyline.

I would say it's worth picking up in a sale, as I did, as it's just not worth the full asking price due to the flaws. If they patched in a proper PC porting job, and made the NPCs less generic (neither of which frankly seems like that much extra effort) it'd go a long way to making it a well rounded space sim that does what it does simply & effectively.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 28, 2012
    Admirably essential in its space-tradingness, but should have stayed on the tablets. [Nov 2012, p.80]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Fishlabs' retro space adventure is a joyous tribute to masterpieces such as Elite and Freelancer. It isn't awfully long and the combat system could be more polished, but updating your space ship and traveling to uncharted star systems is still a treat. [Sept 2012]
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    Despite the great graphics that could suggest otherwise, Galaxy on Fire II is a game conceived for mobile platforms, and should've stayed right there.