6.4

1. Feb 27, 2013
    Such a terrible game is not worth such a great licence.
    The graphics are completly outdated, the combat is terrible, the story is the thing that keeps this game out of a negative review, so 0/10.
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    I have no idea what Game of Thrones is. I will only rate this as a PC game. Graphic are very poorly made, they all seem to be pretty basic, there are no effects, or anything to please my eyes while playing. Entire world seem to be weird, like a person who made Game of Thrones was trippin, the in game characters, are completely weird, they are either skinny, and look like skeletons coveredI have no idea what Game of Thrones is. I will only rate this as a PC game. Graphic are very poorly made, they all seem to be pretty basic, there are no effects, or anything to please my eyes while playing. Entire world seem to be weird, like a person who made Game of Thrones was trippin, the in game characters, are completely weird, they are either skinny, and look like skeletons covered with skin, or fat as hippopotamus in clotches. I just uninstalled the game, because I die to often. I have been playing on medium difficulty. Its ridiculous. The combat system is a disaster, you have your character, and an enemy standing in front, and thats it. Just like in plenty of F2P MMORPGs, you get to choose skills, you dont attact, you press 1/2/3 etc. The entire world seem to be caricature. Its uttery disgusting. I heard there is some TV series named Game of Thrones, but after playing this crap, I will stay away from it, from the book too, just heard it exist. This game must have been done by some beginner programmers, or home learner, because its thats poor. The controls, are bad, cant say anything good about it. Tried to liked it, forced myself to play for 5 hours, but I cant stand it. Expand
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    Game of Thrones, an RPG produced by Cyanide Games and published by Focus Home Interactive , is not a new game, nor was a great sales success, not critical acclaimed as the best of the year, nor completely despised. So why am I talking about it now? Two reasons, one because only now did I got it with the intention of playing it, and because another season of Game of Thrones, the TV series,Game of Thrones, an RPG produced by Cyanide Games and published by Focus Home Interactive , is not a new game, nor was a great sales success, not critical acclaimed as the best of the year, nor completely despised. So why am I talking about it now? Two reasons, one because only now did I got it with the intention of playing it, and because another season of Game of Thrones, the TV series, debuted recently. As a game it's quite average, and it just surpasses the two "portents" that inspired it - the collection of books by George RR Martin and the HBO series - in one (sad) way: The game ends (as expected) when of the two protagonists die... Of course, as it is a game, if death occurs somewhere in the middle of the plot you can always load the last save. Okay, that was it. Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    I honestly couldn't play it. I don't give it a 0 because I don't know the storyline, neither the combat mechanics or anything else. The only thing I know, is that I couldn't get the amount of bugs and glitches fixed. It's depressing and deceiving.
  5. Jun 11, 2012
    Look I love a good RPG but this game needs to be blown up by a real RPG. I tried very hard to give this game some time but with the long drawn out dialogs and not much action during the 4 mind numbing hours I spent I could no longer take it. In all honesty I felt like I just bought a really expensive audio book. If you like story line then there is plenty of it. I will give them this itLook I love a good RPG but this game needs to be blown up by a real RPG. I tried very hard to give this game some time but with the long drawn out dialogs and not much action during the 4 mind numbing hours I spent I could no longer take it. In all honesty I felt like I just bought a really expensive audio book. If you like story line then there is plenty of it. I will give them this it is a well written story line, but I was looking for a game. As for when you actually play I was no fan of the combat. You can feel extremely lost for a bit, it takes some time to understand. Graphics are a bit odd I was wondering if it was meant to be out dated from an artistic point or if it was just laziness. So my final thoughts to you all is if your a true fan of the books you have a great story line here as long as your not looking for a full action game as I was this maybe up your ally. Just not mine. Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2012
    I liked the books a lot, but even that can't save this game from being boring. The constant cut scenes, about 70% of the time you are watching cut scenes, and the constant running around not doing anything make this game...............BORING. Sorry, gave it 12 hours of my time and just couldn't keep going.............. maybe if you are an absolute total diehard fan...............other thanI liked the books a lot, but even that can't save this game from being boring. The constant cut scenes, about 70% of the time you are watching cut scenes, and the constant running around not doing anything make this game...............BORING. Sorry, gave it 12 hours of my time and just couldn't keep going.............. maybe if you are an absolute total diehard fan...............other than that save your money. Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2012
    This game has a great story thanks to the George R. R. Martin but the story is found in the books where you do not have to endure lousy graphics and weird combat scenes where you find yourself completely lost at times.
  8. Jul 18, 2012
    This game easily boasts the best storyline since the Witcher 2 with a plot full of twists and 'painful' surprises. All characters are very well constructed, all the quests are exciting, diverse and absolutely fed-ex-free. Combat takes long to get into, but when you really get into, it will be 'annoyingly' addictive (I am starting my 3rd playthrough with different Mors and Alester again).This game easily boasts the best storyline since the Witcher 2 with a plot full of twists and 'painful' surprises. All characters are very well constructed, all the quests are exciting, diverse and absolutely fed-ex-free. Combat takes long to get into, but when you really get into, it will be 'annoyingly' addictive (I am starting my 3rd playthrough with different Mors and Alester again). Yes, there are some camera issues, especially when you move underground and the obvious outdatedness of the graphic. But in no way would I ever trade this graphically mediocre but story-immersing game with soullest but shining garbage such as Skyrim. I believe we are witnessing a real cult hit, on par with Gothic 2, that is so trashed by the critics but captures the heart of gamers who appreciate the art of excellent story-telling. Expand
  9. May 26, 2012
    Realy lowsy graphics. My character has a helmet but in the cinamatics he has no helmet. The developers took shortcuts in this game and it is distracting. I love the show and I am very disappointed in this rpg. The fighting style is rather weak too.
  10. Dec 4, 2014
    This game have many little problems, graphics and animation are not that good, sometime there are issues with the camera. Really fun for people who like Game of Thrones. I don't think anyone else should play it. Review id (0) must be a positive integer.
  11. May 17, 2012
    Game runs like a dog on a high end machine (runs skyrim maxed) while having pretty poor graphics. The controls are nonsensical. You spend more time listening to dialog which has no point then actually doing anything. The stats system is awkward. Combat is weird and hard to control. I think I spent more time looking at loading screens then actually doing anything. When I wasn't lookingGame runs like a dog on a high end machine (runs skyrim maxed) while having pretty poor graphics. The controls are nonsensical. You spend more time listening to dialog which has no point then actually doing anything. The stats system is awkward. Combat is weird and hard to control. I think I spent more time looking at loading screens then actually doing anything. When I wasn't looking at a loading screen, I was listening to a character preach on about things that have no bearing on the story.

The "tutorial" is awkward, explains nothing, and comes AFTER you've built your character. "I don't know if I want short swords or long swords, I don't know the difference yet.". Building a character starts with a base class - and the three base classes they give you leave a lot to be desired.

Your character is already defined for you in terms of story and personality, so, it's hard to actually feel involved in any way. It's more like you're walking a character between movie segments then actually participating in the world.

Combat is slow, tedious, and primarily involves waiting while occasionally clicking on a skill. There is no actual skill involved. Movement is slow, and fairly painful. The graphics are pretty terrible. Everything is grainy, low resolution, and the characters move like statues. I wouldn't mind poor graphics by themselves, but combined with the absolutely abysmal performance, it's just painful. Either give me good graphics or good performance (preferably both). Giving me neither just doesn't cut it.

Controls are non-nonsensical, and you're given the controls slowly and painfully with huge game interrupting dialogs. Fights with multiple people are difficult. The controls are just sloppy, and unpredictable. For some strange reason, the developers felt a need to put in "Click to proceed" screens pretty much everywhere it was possible for them to. It's ridiculous. The game was a total disappointment. I can see why they didn't release a demo - if they had, no one would have bought it. It's most certainly not worth 50$. It might be worth 7$, but that could be a stretch.
  12. Aug 15, 2012
    It's said that the game plot is a masterpiece, I simply can't say. The game-play is so bad that I gave up playing after a hour. This game is an offence to all song of fire and ice fans and definitely my worse purchase in a long time.

1. Aug 31, 2012
    Fans of the books and the series will be thrilled, as all the classic features are here: multi-faceted characters, schemes, betrayals, incest, twists and genuine anti-heroes that seek redemption desperately, but in vain. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    If not for its poor technical execution, Game of Thrones would have taken its rightful place in the 80+ range.
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Far from the RPG that Game of Thrones deserves, but still better than its components have the right to be. [Sept 2012, p.58]