6.5

1. Aug 2, 2013
    The game is very awful. Controls are really bad, graphic quality is a shame and there are a lot of mini-lag everywhere. Sometimes the game goes really slow and with that poor graphic isn't a great thing. The game is not too bad in the first minutes but it loses all the appeal after 10 minutes... really annoying.
  2. Jan 19, 2013
    I give 8-9 points. Great slash game with good graphics & views. Easy getting close & intuitively combat system w. X-Box controller. Beautiful ugly monsters 6 Persian kind of ornamentation... very cheap price with 5
  3. Aug 23, 2012
    Garshasp the monster slayer feels extremely dated and does not deliver what you come to expect from a fighting/adventure game. The visuals are outdated, the camera get annoying, the fighting feels shallow and unresponsive and the games has some bugs. Overall the game feels outdated and though it could have been good a couple of years ago it just doesnt feel up to todays standards. I would only recommend this title to those who really love the genre and are looking for something new to try out for a cheap buck. Expand
  4. Jun 21, 2012
    It's very good, i like this game for simple texture with good scenario. i think this game can goes better with enhancing graphical scene. the story is really fascinating.
  5. Apr 12, 2012
    The game has some bugs, and the camera angles are sometimes annoying so the controls. However for the first try of the developers the game is good and the art is great. It was really enjoyable to play it, I think Dead Mage has a great future. Finally, I don't regret spending my money on this title.
  6. Aug 26, 2011
    It's Prince of Persia but with a rustic old guy with angsty issues. I'm sorry but even if their Indie games and the game looks good the fact it's an extremely similar storyline and mechanics to PoP is saddening that a indie company couldn't strike out to make their own niche in the gaming industry.
  7. Jul 15, 2011
    Despite not very positive critics I was considering the game from release date, because I liked the art style and Persian setting. And even though it's not masterpiece in any way, it still is not that bad at all. I was affraid of camera style and difficulty in depth orientation, but it's pretty well done and no problems here occured. Combat feels like it should, combos are both effective and efficient, slight RPG elements are welcome, etc. etc. But what I find the most interesting on the Garshasp is it's visual presentation. I absolutely love the style, atmosphere and environment. It's one of the most beautiful indie games I've ever seen (it reminds me of Zeno Clash in some way). Expand
  8. MTR
    Jun 15, 2011
    Pesimo control (ir en linea recta o saltar es dificil), simple sistema de combate (repetitivo hasta la saciedad), problemas grabes con la camara (no la controlas y ella sola se ma moviendo), intento de hacer QTE (esta gente no ha jugado a 1 juego con QTE), ... Es el tipico juego que dudas de que los mismos desarrolladores se lo hayan pasado.
  9. May 27, 2011
    Dead Mage were truly ambitious in targeting one of the most epic game franchises of our generation as their primary influence, something that sounds on paper like a losing proposition from the get-go. But when all is said and done, the defining elements of Garshasp are not its flaws, but the areas where it actually succeeds. Make no mistake: Garshasp is a God of War clone. But this not a slight against it, as the game is not shy in confessing to it around every corner. In fact, itâ Expand
  10. May 26, 2011
    The game plays well for me so I have no issues with the gameplay, however, the camera angles are sometimes ridiculous and I'm currently at on point where I cannot progress any further in the game as I cannot see where I am supposed to be jumping too due to the camera angle.

The game has had updates but the response from the devs is poor, I asked one question regarding a changelog as the
    game was being updated but I had no idea what was being changed and to date I have had no reply to that request, this is my first and last game bought from this dev.

It's a shame as the game could be great with a few camera tweaks and a little more feedback from the devs but I refuse to support a game I cannot complete due to issues.
  11. May 19, 2011
    For an indie team of just 9 people this is really great.
    Graphic: One of the best looking indie games, and some sort of uniqueness about art style, Persian mythology looks interesting in this title for me.
    Gameplay: There is nothing new in this title, but combat and other mechanics are good enough for 4-5 hours of gameplay time. Not so bad for an indie game.
    Sound and Music: SFX is good
    enough too but music sounds interesting for me.
    Overall: The game was some sort of fun for me to play, this hack n slash type games are new for PC and I think a price cut can help to sell better.
  12. May 11, 2011
    A long time player of Ubisoft games, it was immediately apparent not even minutes into the opening cutscene that this game is a blatant ripoff of Prince of Persia. (I've also played God of War, but saw no similarities with this game) Garshasp (the protagonist) looks EXACTLY like the Prince, and combat, movement, graphics - everything looks like Prince of Persia, allbeit with a different scale, lower quality graphics, and a poorer engine. The skybox was nonexistant, and the sound was bad both in quality and choice. It was painful to listen to.

Combat was absurdly easy and simplistic to the point of being boring, and the graphics just caused the game to be an eyesore. It straddles this awkward line of being more advanced than a 2d platformer, but so unpolished and simplistic that it became ugly. Aliasing was a HUGE issue, and movement felt clunky. There were several times I would be attacking an enemy as it approached, only to end up ON TOP of the enemy - LITERALLY standing on its head.

Understandably, it's from an Iranian indie studio, which carries its own set of connotations, however they could've really stood to do some further playtesting to iron out small (but annoying and longstanding) bugs and to improve game balance to provide something more challenging and fun to play. AND SOMETHING MORE ORIGINAL PLEASE.

It loses most of its points for me strictly for being an obvious ripoff of Ubisoft games that predate it, and loses the rest of the points for general lack of polish. This FEELS like it's from an indie studio, unlike other indie games that are very polished, beautiful, and fun to play. Instead of inventing their own "gimmicks" to draw players, they rely on ones created by other companies, which entirely ruins the game for me.
  13. May 26, 2011

If it weren't for technical issues, such as the troubled controls and occassional coughs from the graphical engine, Garshasp could have been a decent copy of games like God of War, which we rarely see on the PC. But the game is filled with beginners mistake, and feels like a developer's first attempt at making a game, which is exactly what it is.
  2. Jul 29, 2011
    Garshasp: The Monster Slayer has nothing to keep you playing for hours. The camera sucks, the fights are boring and there is not enough story.
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Garshasp falls short of genre standards in nearly every way, and its shortcomings are too numerous to compensate for. [Sept 2011, p.75]