6.6

1. Dec 25, 2011
    If you can pass through EA online activation, you will no regret (BTW, EA activation works fine.. ). But this game is realy amaizing, i'm stuck on it. Brutally tight game. I recommended for everyone, who likes Renegade Ops and similar games. And of curse, I love universe of this game - this little robots are so cute! :))
  2. May 6, 2012
    Gatling Gears is pure fun. You don't need a great story to make a game great, just awesome game mechanics. If you have ever dreamt about being a tiny robot in a far off universe and blowing crap up then this game is for you. GG is a very welcome edition to its already wonderful genre. A joy to play
  3. May 8, 2012
    Classic twin stick action, upgrade chasing, and enemy stomping. The engine is solid and the explosions are satisfying - they remind me a bit of Half Life 2. Also, there's some great Engrish. Ultimately, I can't help but feel that this game was rushed, and if they had spent a bit of time polishing it up and allowing a more open world approach they could have had something really originalClassic twin stick action, upgrade chasing, and enemy stomping. The engine is solid and the explosions are satisfying - they remind me a bit of Half Life 2. Also, there's some great Engrish. Ultimately, I can't help but feel that this game was rushed, and if they had spent a bit of time polishing it up and allowing a more open world approach they could have had something really original here. As it stands, it's worth the price of a matinee and should keep you engaged for at least as long. Expand
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    This game has potential to be good. It's advertised as being "strategy" apparently however it's just a fancy smash tv clone with slower game play.
    But worst of all it requires online activation by the new ea account garbage.
    But worst of all it requires online activation by the new ea account garbage.
    That allow gets the rating of 1. With out such anti-consumer tactics I would rate this game a 4 simply because of the decent graphics. However lacks anything original to be anything more.
  5. Feb 18, 2012
    I've always been a sucker for an old school shooter. Be it vertical, horizontal, over-head or otherwise: the shooter will always be a blast to play. Enter "Gatling Gears" and the gaming technology available today. A lethal combination. GG is a bad ass throwback to the over head shooter with some stunning environments and an upgrade system with some perks. It's also got a great story in theI've always been a sucker for an old school shooter. Be it vertical, horizontal, over-head or otherwise: the shooter will always be a blast to play. Enter "Gatling Gears" and the gaming technology available today. A lethal combination. GG is a bad ass throwback to the over head shooter with some stunning environments and an upgrade system with some perks. It's also got a great story in the vain of the Star Wars mythology (nature vs technology) with steampunk design. It runs smoothly and has little to no glitches. The sound effects are brilliant with loud and bombastic explosions. The music is very good but seems cartoonish at times and conflict with the action. There are a few issues I had: the story has no dialogue - only titles. It's hard to play and read the titles at the same time but for the most part it's not that much of a distraction. The other issue I had is the XP system. It's completely useless. All you get with XP points are superficial changes to the mech and "pets" that do not nothing but follow you. They aren't satellites that can help - they're just pets that tag along. The ending is very anti-climactic and there is no story afterwards. Disappointing. It would've been nice if there were increases in speed and weapon attributes other than three levels of power. All in all it's a challenging and visually exciting game that shooter fans will certainly dig even if it lacks in surgical imagination. Expand
  6. Jul 11, 2015
    A surprisingly good twin stick shooter. You control a mech and go around trying to get revenge on the evil empire. It gets repetitive near the end but it's not too long nor too short so I can't complain. It does get brutally difficult at the end on the highest difficulty. Otherwise it's a relatively easy game even for those not use to the genre.
  7. Jun 5, 2013
    Very good graphic detail, sounds, and gameplay. Gatling Gears is really fun, and I can't forget it. This game is about shooting some baddies in both ground and air. The story isn't super long, but this game has very good gameplay mechanics that makes this game fun for everyone.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Nov 25, 2011
    I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Gatling Gears is some sort of transcendent gaming experience. What it does is remind us why we started playing games in the first place: to have fun. No pretense of artistic or literary value. No outlandish attempt to make your GPU melt down from the number of polygons being thrown at you. Just pure and unadulterated fun.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 30, 2011
    Excellent fast-paced arcade brings fantastic playability with perfect graphics and shows other pieces in genre how this kind of game should be made. Beware of rising difficulty at the final levels. [Oct 2011]
    Gatling Gears is fun. It's the kind of game that will practically force you to play it for longer than you planned. It looks great, it fits in to a long history of addictive games, and at five hours, it gives you your money's worth while leaving you wanting more. As far as I'm concerned, Gatling Gears II can't come soon enough.