7.9

1. Nov 11, 2011
    It looks like a great game for the first few hours with slick graphics and smooth gameplay, but gets too repetitive and formulaic later.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    Вот из-за таких занудных рецензентов, декларирующих, что мол "эта формула не работает на ПС", мы похоже и не дождемся продолжения серии. Игра отличная, собранная - нет ничего лишнего. Проходить одно удовольствие. Expand
  3. Sep 4, 2010
    I really don't understand all the fuss about this game. The graphics were kind of nice I guess, but everything else was quite underwhelming. The game crashed several times while I was playing and then wiped all my progress. All in all I found the whole game quite a chore and very frustrating. I was glad to finish it, so that I would never have to play it again.
  4. Jul 27, 2011
    Pure fun to play. Reminds of Mass Effect 2, just without the whole levelling up etc. Good recreation after a hard working day. Just a pity they won't release the other parts for pc.
  5. Feb 10, 2013
    I cannot understand why people like this game. The story line is lackluster. The combat is repetitive with little variation. The only variation is with the enemies tactics. The AI team mates obviously have downsyndrome as they try to rush into enemy turrets and get instantly whacked. The weapons are pathetic. While having a chain sword attached to my gun is cool the mechanics behind it make it almost worthless. The body armor the characters wear is worthless and most assault rifles are the equivalent of a pellet gun to the enemies (campaign). They say use the shotgun, but a game that forces one to use a single weapon isn't worth ones time. Despite every ones 'glorious reviews' the game is simply a sub-par shooter that is not worth any ones time. You might like it, I think it is personally over-hyped, over glorified, and sub-par... Expand
  6. Jun 17, 2011
    By far one of the funnest shooters I have ever played on the PC. The simplicity and the cover system seem like they would hinder the experience, you'd think that this was a detriment, but really once you get into it, they provide a skill cap that is ridiculously high, pressing a single button to take cover and leave cover seems like a waste, but it takes a ridiculous amount of skill to master this in multiplayer. This was one of those few games that had so much potential for a competitive shooter scene, multiplayer was fantastic, out of the few people who played the PC version online, I was certainly a name you would see frequently, and high on the scores at that. The reason I stopped playing this game is two fold, both problems stemming from poor PC support, first off, the game causes my graphics card to glitch out and crashes my display drivers, so I uninstalled it, and lastly, the game itself has unbelievably poor PC support. You have to do some ridiculous things to simply download the patches for the game so you can play multiplayer, getting the game to work properly is just finicky as hell. This game would most certainly still be installed on my computer and I'd still be playing it, if Epic games would have taken their time to properly support their PC version so it is reliable. It's a shame I have to give a great game a 6 for this, but it is just touch and go, and the people who play this game online are dwindling because of it. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    I really expected better game from Epic Games. Story is really cheese and characters are a bit meh. If you expect game of UT 2004 quality you will be really disappointed.
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    epic的长处可能还是在引擎上...
  9. Aug 4, 2013
    Odlična je grafika, gameplay također, dužina igre u potpunosti zadovoljava, raznolikost misija........................................................

1. With upgraded graphics, exclusive campaign chapters and a handful of new multiplayer features (handled through Games for Windows Live), Gears of War is a very desirable shooter.
    While all the added content is damn good, ironically, the greatest gameplay addition to this PC port is also responsible for one of the bigger annoyances: the interface.
  3. Gears of War on the PC is still the same ground breaking game it was a year ago just now on the PC. The same innovative gameplay and breathtaking events are included along with five new campaign levels exclusive to the PC.