6.5

1. Aug 11, 2013
    Bought the game for 20$. Began to play, went through the 2 tutorials. Started a skirmish game to get the feel of things.
    First off the navigational controls are the worst I have ever seen in 25 years of gaming, well almost the worst. The zoom in and panning constantly freezes and one must constantly click on other functions to unfreeze the nav.- and no it's nothing PC or software related, the game system I am on is a god system with literally the latest of everything 12k rig.
    Ok so the 2nd game breaker is that the speed has only 2 settings, default and 4x. Well the default is much too fast for anyone wanting to do an strategy whasoever, sorry I'm not a teenie bopper joystick jockey.
    So after 1.5 hours trying scoping it out, I have concluded it's not worth further perusing. Deleted from Steam and this is the last I'll think about it. The rest of the game seems interesting, sadly I never got that far. I highly recommend not buying from this Indie until they get the basics figured out, like fundamental navigation for a 4x space game that actually works.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    Do yourself a favor and skip this one. I truly regret that I spent my hard-earned money on it. It's just bad, poor options menu, clunky and aggravating interface and camera controls. Every once in a while I buy a game and wish I could return it, this is one of those times.
  3. Dec 31, 2012
    Beyond the numerous issues with bugs, pathfinding, stupid AI and frustrating mechanics, the basic fact is that the game cheats. While some may find this to be fun and challenging, the developers designed the game so that no strategy will work twice. (There are missions where the AI will overrun you in minutes unless you take advantage of weaknesses in the game's programming). While in manyBeyond the numerous issues with bugs, pathfinding, stupid AI and frustrating mechanics, the basic fact is that the game cheats. While some may find this to be fun and challenging, the developers designed the game so that no strategy will work twice. (There are missions where the AI will overrun you in minutes unless you take advantage of weaknesses in the game's programming). While in many games various hacks given to the AI balance out player intuition, the AI in Gemini Wars doesn't even have to use build structures or pay attention to population caps, and it often warps in ships randomly to support it's existing already-overpowered fleet.

I give this game a four on the following terms:
    The game is a good idea, and it's always nice to see something new in strategy, especially with a campaign. However, along the second half of the game, the opponent changes (the gark) and the game becomes, in all honesty, stupid. I'm irritated beyond belief with the game, and intend on uninstalling it.
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    At this time, I give this game a 4. It is basically a beta, and in time could be a fairly decent game. But constant bugs prevented me from finishing the tutorial, let alone the second mission in the campain. the UI is also very clunky and unfriendly. I had to fight the UI and bugs non-stop, some so bad I just quit the game in frustration. Just too fidly, buggy and time consuming for anyAt this time, I give this game a 4. It is basically a beta, and in time could be a fairly decent game. But constant bugs prevented me from finishing the tutorial, let alone the second mission in the campain. the UI is also very clunky and unfriendly. I had to fight the UI and bugs non-stop, some so bad I just quit the game in frustration. Just too fidly, buggy and time consuming for any RTS. What these 8-9 reveiws are doing on here I have NO idea, as this is shareware at best. A diamond in the ruff, but a VERY ruff diamond with many cuts to be made before it is a good game. Expand
  5. Nov 9, 2012
    Well I'm glad I got this at a discount. I was disappointed in the whole game. Yes it was very buggy, the ships moved like snails in frozen molasses in wintertime. Combat was tedious, Capital ships were not capital ships. I had more use from the frigates than I did from the destroyers. The destroyers had only 40 hit points more than a frigate, wow, with the destroyers only doing 2-4Well I'm glad I got this at a discount. I was disappointed in the whole game. Yes it was very buggy, the ships moved like snails in frozen molasses in wintertime. Combat was tedious, Capital ships were not capital ships. I had more use from the frigates than I did from the destroyers. The destroyers had only 40 hit points more than a frigate, wow, with the destroyers only doing 2-4 points of damage per shot it's gonna take a while to kill stuff. With the ships moving so slow? Oh wow. If you like sitting in front of your computer for hours watching ships move off and attack on there own, or attack after they are given a Move order. I wish I could get my money back. This game isn't going to stay on my system for long. Expand

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Overall a bad game. No pleasure at all in playing it even if you're a huge fan of space RTS.
    As much as I love playing a good RTS game, this isn't one of them. Too many things hold it back from being enjoyable and standing out in a crowd.
  3. Sep 16, 2012
    A solid enough effort, but pacing issues and a sense of obsolescence leave it firmly in 'if you like that sort of thing' camp. [Sept 2012, p.63]